Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

In post 1551, Gorkington wrote:peli can you drop a readslist
Chandra, vecna, pops, fish, day one Lynch, Kagami town

Marquis is like null I guess.

If I had to guess a scumteam right now FL, jjd, one of jingle/Marquis, one of pine/gork

Also get penguin to stop skating but he's probably town.

These reads aren't really going to matter after I flip, no one cares about dead reads. What I did want to say is that it's doubtful me vs FL is TvT. It's probably in scums best interest to let us take the shots and try to move the Lynch elsewhere.

Scum probably don't have a roleblock available to them night 1 at least, it only really serves to explain why FL hasn't taken a shot down the line. Pops if you're town here don't let it slide, FL will give you every reason not to Lynch him but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

Mmk vecna you can hammer now.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1623, Marquis wrote:Mafia knows based on their team PRs and the public claims what PRs are likely to exist. We shouldn't be completing the puzzle for them by making it known which roles will actually act.
oh, right, since I said sane cop should always act, the scum are going to just not roleblock kuribo and are going to roleblock the sane cop, who is obviously FakeGod.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

I'll say that's a tough town list to get behind. It's hard for me to townread almost anyone on my wagon.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:41 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1624, Gorkington wrote:
In post 1618, kuribo wrote:Nope too late either you're not paying attention or you're trying to keep your options open

We both know you're better than that
wouldnt scum have more incentive to keep track of that kind of stuff?

additionally i dont really feel like it makes sense for marquis as scum to remember your claim and be like "lol shoot him anyways" because youre obviously going to come back at them for it and vig probably isnt going to listen because of your claim.

I feel like the non serious nature of my post wasn't evident but at least you spent time replying
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Gorkington »

kuribo wrote:I feel like the non serious nature of my post wasn't evident but at least you spent time replying
frick dang eff i got bamboozled.
pelican wrote:I'll say that's a tough town list to get behind. It's hard for me to townread almost anyone on my wagon.
i mean.
ive literally been trying to bait a response from you.
and theres no emotional weight behind you being about to be lynched by what you perceive as a primarily scum driven wagon
when youre a claimed vig who has stated repeatedly that youre not pushing flavor because youre going to shoot him tonight.

why are you literally lying down and accepting death if youre town here
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Gorkington »

what was even the point of withholding your reads until now i dont get it
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1625, Perry Pelican wrote:It's probably in scums best interest to let us take the shots and try to move the Lynch elsewhere.
pelican wrote:Scum probably don't have a roleblock available to them night 1 at least, it only really serves to explain why FL hasn't taken a shot down the line
i also dont understand how these stances line up.
trash
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Flavor's town no matter what Perry flips.
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

In post 1630, Gorkington wrote:
kuribo wrote:I feel like the non serious nature of my post wasn't evident but at least you spent time replying
frick dang eff i got bamboozled.
pelican wrote:I'll say that's a tough town list to get behind. It's hard for me to townread almost anyone on my wagon.
i mean.
ive literally been trying to bait a response from you.
and theres no emotional weight behind you being about to be lynched by what you perceive as a primarily scum driven wagon
when youre a claimed vig who has stated repeatedly that youre not pushing flavor because youre going to shoot him tonight.

why are you literally lying down and accepting death if youre town here
It's draining responding when most of what I'm getting back is "yeah this is scum" it's not conducive for any real discussion, even if it doesn't garner a townread on me. Most of the questions directed at me feel more like people looking for extra reasoning to scumread me and not genuinely engage me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1620, popsofctown wrote:Vecna whenever you hammer can you link my PR advice post: post 1034

The only role without consensus was vig and uh let me tell you something about Flavor Leaf he's going to shoot people no matter who wins the debate team meet.
I don’t typically shoot Night 1
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1633, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Flavor's town no matter what Perry flips.

I'm inclined to agree.

There's a righteous certainty behind Flavor's posts re: Perry

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

In post 1631, Gorkington wrote:what was even the point of withholding your reads until now i dont get it
I didn't want to go ehh, FL town means scum are likely defending me or avoiding the lynch and influence what the wagon looks like.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:55 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1635, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1620, popsofctown wrote:Vecna whenever you hammer can you link my PR advice post: post 1034

The only role without consensus was vig and uh let me tell you something about Flavor Leaf he's going to shoot people no matter who wins the debate team meet.
I don’t typically shoot Night 1
In post 1264, kuribo wrote:Shoot me daddy

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Gorkington »

pelican wrote:It's draining responding when most of what I'm getting back is "yeah this is scum" it's not conducive for any real discussion, even if it doesn't garner a townread on me. Most of the questions directed at me feel more like people looking for extra reasoning to scumread me and not genuinely engage me.
but you think that most of the people calling you scum are scum
so why are you just responding to them and not pointing out why theyre scum?

i feel like its a pretty sweeping simplification of the situation to imply that theres no reason that town should scumread you when you are literally not trying to push anyone.
do you feel like people should be reading you as town here?
pelican wrote:I didn't want to go ehh, FL town means scum are likely defending me or avoiding the lynch and influence what the wagon looks like.
im not sure i understand. are you saying you were trying to bait the rest of the wagon out before saying that you felt like scum would be sidelining if flavor is town?
wouldnt that mean that literally all of your reads are entirely circumstantial based on flavor and not based on people's specific play?
trash
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

In post 1639, Gorkington wrote:
pelican wrote:It's draining responding when most of what I'm getting back is "yeah this is scum" it's not conducive for any real discussion, even if it doesn't garner a townread on me. Most of the questions directed at me feel more like people looking for extra reasoning to scumread me and not genuinely engage me.
but you think that most of the people calling you scum are scum
so why are you just responding to them and not pointing out why theyre scum?

i feel like its a pretty sweeping simplification of the situation to imply that theres no reason that town should scumread you when you are literally not trying to push anyone.
do you feel like people should be reading you as town here?
pelican wrote:I didn't want to go ehh, FL town means scum are likely defending me or avoiding the lynch and influence what the wagon looks like.
im not sure i understand. are you saying you were trying to bait the rest of the wagon out before saying that you felt like scum would be sidelining if flavor is town?
wouldnt that mean that literally all of your reads are entirely circumstantial based on flavor and not based on people's specific play?
I don't have strong scumreads outside of FL and the sentiment is he's town regardless of my flip. I thought Kagami was scum making a play on Marquis but my read on Marquis has fallen off and Kagami somewhat explained his trajectory, the stance on scum vig is bold as scum but lynching the vig takes the edge off possibly.

I'm not saying that everyone pushing me as scum is scum or that town has no reason to scumread me. They read the game the way they read the game. But I don't feel the engagement has been to get a better read on me, for the most part.

My reads aren't really based around FL, I don't think any of them were really made with any association to him.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Gorkington »

appreciate the answers, just want to roll back to this though:
In post 1632, Gorkington wrote:
In post 1625, Perry Pelican wrote:It's probably in scums best interest to let us take the shots and try to move the Lynch elsewhere.
pelican wrote:Scum probably don't have a roleblock available to them night 1 at least, it only really serves to explain why FL hasn't taken a shot down the line
i also dont understand how these stances line up.
can i get some words on this too?
trash
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

So when people were keen to let us 1v1 at night FL's counter was that he wasn't shooting while I was alive because he would just be roleblocked. He still had to push me as the Lynch but it's framework for why an extra shot hasn't shown up come day 3 or whenever people decide to take a look at him.

If this was a TvT thing I think scum would have nudged in a different direction because that makes it a possible 3 for 1 right? It's juicy. Which didn't really happen with the exception of jingle in like a broader sense I guess.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:22 am

Post by ofrhz »

Why?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1642, Perry Pelican wrote:So when people were keen to let us 1v1 at night FL's counter was that he wasn't shooting while I was alive because he would just be roleblocked. He still had to push me as the Lynch but it's framework for why an extra shot hasn't shown up come day 3 or whenever people decide to take a look at him.

If this was a TvT thing I think scum would have nudged in a different direction because that makes it a possible 3 for 1 right? It's juicy. Which didn't really happen with the exception of jingle in like a broader sense I guess.
ohhhhhhhhhh okay you were saying this from the premise of it specifically being you and FL town.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Gorkington »

i realize im being a question machine right now
so forgive me if this is getting annoying

but can you walk through some specific reasoning as to why you think FL is scum here?
whats he doing that you think is specifically scum motivated/is unlikely to come from town him?
specific examples of posts would be ideal.
trash
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:31 am

Post by ofrhz »

Wait why is it bad to let the vigs 1v1 at night again?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Gorkington »

because FL might be fakeclaiming as town
there might be a scum roleblocker

if pelican is just scum its optimal to just lynch him
trash
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 1643, ofrhz wrote:
Why?
It's pretty apparent that he believes what hes saying today. Someone put this well already- righteous indignation or something

I'm surprised this needed asking, it seems obvious
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

Sure, I'll talk about the claim part specifically.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”