Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #1235 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Korina »

Game Name:
Follow the Leader!

Game Type:
Open Nightless, (96hr day)

Game Size:

Co/Backup Mod:
No-one...
Maybe Ari

Reviewed By:
Myself, over very very very many irl games using this setup

Bastard?:
Yes, very very bastard.

Hydrae Allowed?:
No

Other Restrictions?:
No

Description:

Rolelist:
- 1 Cultist Leader
- 1 Cultist Recruiter
- 1 Mason Leader
- 1 Mason Recruiter
- 4 Vestless Survivors

The following roles in addition to the above may or may not be in play, (the roles that will certainly be in play are bolded):
-
Cult/Mason Citizen

- Cult/Mason 1-Shot Cop
- Cult/Mason 1-Shot Doctor
- Cult/Mason 1-Shot Vigilantae

Follow the leader is an interesting game to say the least. It features a unique mechanic that I've dubbed "Leader" mechanics. Each side (Mason and Cult) will have a "leader". The special mechanics regarding this "leader" is that if the leader dies, then that side loses, even if they have majority. The leader is a physical role.

This game is nightless, meaning all actions must be submitted during the day phase, and will be carried out during a "pause phase" in-between both days, meant for me to really just get my bearing straight. Lynches are mandatory, and plurality is in effect, meaning if majority isn't reached by the end of the day, I'll pick whoever is at the most votes to lynch. The pause phases last as long as it takes for me to send out all results.

As a result, all PC's are always unlocked.

The following extra mechanics are in play:
- Recruitment
- Shot for Lynch

Recruitment:
Recruitment mechanics allow Cultists/Masons to recruit others into their side, converting them into a Cult/Mason Citizen. If a Cult/Mason recruiter targets a Mason/Cultist, they will kill them instead. You may be wondering about what the other roles I said there were, and how they fit into this: Once recruited, the Recruiter may spend a night training a Citizen into another role. Once they are converted to this new role, that is their permanent role, unless the Recruiter dies, in which case one other role (not the leader), may take the position over. There cannot be more than 1 recruiter on any side at any given moment, and training someone will act as their action that phase.

Shot for Lynch:
If a Vigilantae targets a player during the day, the day phase will be called automatically there, and whoever was shot will be the "lynch" target. Doing this however, comes at a cost: If a vigilantae shoots a player, the Recruiter will be automatically roleblocked.

Results and Stuff:

Cops are given results as:
(if Cultist): Not Mason/Mason
(if Mason): Not Cultist/Cultist

Doctors are given results as:
Your target was attacked! / (no message about target being attacked).

Vigilantae aren't given results for their actions.

Doctor protects their target for one phase, preventing them from being voted during the next day phase, and protecting them from a vigilantae shot.

This post will tell you all you need to know about my game. You will laugh, you will cry, you will be very confused when I start posting quotes from my friends and I playing this setup IRL.

IRL makes it so much more fun to play, mainly because of finger-gunning people as vig, then shouting about how you shot first.

This game is 100% bastard, but will be very very funny... hopefully... just don’t claim 3rd party when wagons are happening... That’s a bad idea...
(Real story with this set-up: I claimed surv in middle of wagons. Everyone went silent, then everyone voted me. It was great).

Btw, expect policy lynch galore.

2 Pre-In Slots Left:
1. Voyager UC
2. RedFlavor
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1264 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Korina »

Hey, you there! Yea, you! I'm talking to you! Are you hyped about the new smash bros game being released? Do you like Mafia? Or UPicks? Or games without VTs, because fuck getting VT for the millionth time? Well, do I have a game for you, coming to the Mini Themed Queue sometime soon: SSBUPick!

This game is a multiball game, involving three teams (factions), with absolutely no bastard mechanics nor VTs!

Accepting pre-ins, full details here

The TL;DR is that this is a Themed UPick using mostly all the fighters from SSBU, (not the echo fighters nor the mii fighters).
You submit to me 5-15 names, I'll randomly pick one off of your list, make abilities based on your faction, and go from there.

Accepting up to 6 pre-ins.
(2/6 so far.)
Last edited by Korina on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1268 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Korina »

Hey, you guys like a fun™, balanced™ game™? No? Me too!
I love totally unfair games, like another Grand Idea Mafia!

Currently waiting on it to be queued in the Micro Queue, but I'll accept pre-ins for it!
This game is probably gonna be bastard, I'm not sure. Just assume it is, ok?
I cannot also confirm nor deny the existence of a cult or any other bastard role(s).

Pre-Ins:
RCEnigma
Irrelephant11
Invisibility
(One more slot!)

Edit: The game is live rn! Go sign up!
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1270 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Korina »

Everything Is (Still) A Lie Mafia

Hey, you! Do you like highly bastard games that don't end in one phase by a mod who's probably gonna get banned from modding* after this game?
Yes?
Well great!
Have I got a game for you!

This is a revival of wgeurts Everything Is A Lie Mafia!

I saw the idea, loved it, and immediately got to planning.

What does this game feature?
- Anything bastard!
- Lies!
- More Lies!
- All the lies!
- No VTs!
- Probably me as an actual slot somewhere!
- Fuck I shouldn't have said that!

This game is a 13p game.
There is no limit on how many hydra heads are allowed in the hydra, nor rules for activity for all heads of said hydra. (Just be warned, you may be instantly killed if you're a hydra with 10+ heads).

*I probably won't, however, everyone may hate me after this game, and that's fine.

Pre-Ins (2/6):
Kyoko Kirigiri
NicoRobin
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1331 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Korina »

Coming to the Large Theme Queue soon... Grand Idea UPick

Yes, this game is literally Grand Idea Mafia x UPick.
Yes, your role can only come from the GIM thread.
Yes, you get to pick exactly what role from the GIM thread it is.
Yes, there will be a storyline.
Yes, it will revolve around the museum from my previous GIMs.
Yes, if you submit cult you're getting cult.

Yes, I will change one of your alignments to cult if nobody submits cult

No, you're not getting a balanced game. This is a GIM UPick.

Accepting Pre-Ins now: 3/10.

To pre-in, please submit 1-5 GIM roles. You may not submit anything past this post. You can change these at any time until the final rolelist is determined. You may
not
submit the same role twice or the same role under different alignments. For example, Town 1-Shot Governor may be submitted, but Town 1-Shot Governor
and
Mafia 1-Shot Governor may not. Town 1-Shot Vigilante Governor and Mafia 1-Shot Governor may be submitted.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to reroll/substitute roles that I feel are too broken. If you submit an extremely broken role, I may give you VT instead. Please use common sense when picking.
Last edited by Korina on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1333 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Korina »

Do you like Cults? Yes? Then I have the perfect setup for you!
CultD3!

CultD3 is a variation of NewD3, with a Cult instead of Mafia. Some roles from NewD3 have been changed to reflect the fact it's now a Cult, not Mafia.
The Cult is also limited to a maximum of three living players.

3/4 Pre-Ins Filled
Last edited by Korina on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1335 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 1334, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1333, Korina wrote:The Cult is also limited to a maximum of three living players.
I know this thread is not for discussing setups generally but you probably should have a rule to make sure town doesn't no lynch and cause the game to break.
Yea, I thought about that when I was eating dinner. I just didn't add it to the wiki-page yet.
The easy way around it is compulsive lynching.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1337 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Korina »

Cult can’t recruit any further.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1339 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 1331, Korina wrote:
Coming to the Large Theme Queue soon... Grand Idea UPick

Yes, this game is literally Grand Idea Mafia x UPick.
Yes, your role can only come from the GIM thread.
Yes, you get to pick exactly what role from the GIM thread it is.
Yes, there will be a storyline.
Yes, it will revolve around the museum from my previous GIMs.
Yes, if you submit cult you're getting cult.

Yes, I will change one of your alignments to cult if nobody submits cult

No, you're not getting a balanced game. This is a GIM UPick.

Accepting Pre-Ins now: 3/10.

To pre-in, please submit 1-5 GIM roles. You may not submit anything past this post. You can change these at any time until the final rolelist is determined. You may
not
submit the same role twice or the same role under different alignments. For example, Town 1-Shot Governor may be submitted, but Town 1-Shot Governor
and
Mafia 1-Shot Governor may not. Town 1-Shot Vigilante Governor and Mafia 1-Shot Governor may be submitted.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to reroll/substitute roles that I feel are too broken. If you submit an extremely broken role, I may give you VT instead. Please use common sense when picking.
Game signups are now live!
Please refer to the signup thread to in. Things have changed from the quoted post.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1343 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Korina »

Everything Is Still A Lie v2

You thought it was over... It wasn't. Coming to the Large Theme Queue Soon™

Inspired by wgeurts Everything Is A Lie Series

PrefaceNow, I know the last iteration of the idea I ran, (EISAL), it was horrible. I regret running it. It sucked. However, I'm wanting to change that. I want to give it another shot. This time, I'm changing it for the better. I'm using a much more rigorous process to create and review the setup as well as trying to get several others to help take a look at it and see what I need to do. Everything the setup will need, (events, special mechanics, etc.), will be determined before the setup even goes into signups. I can promise you that this iteration will be much better than the last, and will definitely make up for the previous one.

Why Should I Join?Why should you join? That's a good question. I really don't know. This game is only mafia by the very bare technicalities of what a game of mafia even is. The rest of the game is pure lies, deception and murder. Only a few things are confirmed by me, the moderator, to be truthful. Everything else I say could be a lie. You never really know. I will attempt to make everything in it relatively balanced, however, I do promise regardless of how the setup ends up turning out, it will be extremely fun.

FeaturesSo, now that I have your interest for the game, what even are the features/traits of the game that make me want to join it? I'm glad you asked! The setup will have the following things:
- Moderator lies and moderator bullshit!
- Special events!
- Mostly true rolecards!1
- Role Madness with a single VT!
- Extremely bastard mechanics!
- Cults!
- An actually decent setup, except with extremely bastard stuff!

Setup InformationUnfortunately, that's all the fun stuff I got to share. Everything else I got is boring and the information I'm contractually obligated to share.
- 21 player game, (excluding any uninvited players...)
- 14 day / 2 day phases.
- Role Madness with a single VT.
- Special Events will occur everyday, affecting one or more mechanics of the game. They will last for the entire day unless otherwise specified.
- Guaranteed to have at least 5 Town, 2 Mafia and 1 Cultist2. Other scum factions not guaranteed, but may be present.

What I'm Looking For NowSo, what am I looking for? Apart from the obvious answer of players, here is what I'm looking for:
- Players, (pre-ins accepted; 2/10 slots filled.)
- One Backup Mod
- Two or Three Reviewers

PM me if you want in for any of these things!

Notes1 Your abilities could be false, but your alignment and win-con are truthful, as a very bare minimum.
2 No, I am not the Bare-Minimum Cultist.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1350 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:17 am

Post by Korina »

Spoiler: EISAL V2 Info
In post 1343, Korina wrote:
Everything Is Still A Lie v2

You thought it was over... It wasn't. Coming to the Large Theme Queue Soon™

Inspired by wgeurts Everything Is A Lie Series

PrefaceNow, I know the last iteration of the idea I ran, (EISAL), it was horrible. I regret running it. It sucked. However, I'm wanting to change that. I want to give it another shot. This time, I'm changing it for the better. I'm using a much more rigorous process to create and review the setup as well as trying to get several others to help take a look at it and see what I need to do. Everything the setup will need, (events, special mechanics, etc.), will be determined before the setup even goes into signups. I can promise you that this iteration will be much better than the last, and will definitely make up for the previous one.

Why Should I Join?Why should you join? That's a good question. I really don't know. This game is only mafia by the very bare technicalities of what a game of mafia even is. The rest of the game is pure lies, deception and murder. Only a few things are confirmed by me, the moderator, to be truthful. Everything else I say could be a lie. You never really know. I will attempt to make everything in it relatively balanced, however, I do promise regardless of how the setup ends up turning out, it will be extremely fun.

FeaturesSo, now that I have your interest for the game, what even are the features/traits of the game that make me want to join it? I'm glad you asked! The setup will have the following things:
- Moderator lies and moderator bullshit!
- Special events!
- Mostly true rolecards!1
- Role Madness with a single VT!
- Extremely bastard mechanics!
- Cults!
- An actually decent setup, except with extremely bastard stuff!

Setup InformationUnfortunately, that's all the fun stuff I got to share. Everything else I got is boring and the information I'm contractually obligated to share.
- 21 player game, (excluding any uninvited players...)
- 14 day / 2 day phases.
- Role Madness with a single VT.
- Special Events will occur everyday, affecting one or more mechanics of the game. They will last for the entire day unless otherwise specified.
- Guaranteed to have at least 5 Town, 2 Mafia and 1 Cultist2. Other scum factions not guaranteed, but may be present.

What I'm Looking For NowSo, what am I looking for? Apart from the obvious answer of players, here is what I'm looking for:
- Players, (pre-ins accepted; 2/10 slots filled.)
- One Backup Mod
- Two or Three Reviewers

PM me if you want in for any of these things!

Notes1 Your abilities could be false, but your alignment and win-con are truthful, as a very bare minimum.
2 No, I am not the Bare-Minimum Cultist.

The game signups are now live! The game most likely won't start until TM2020 is over, or mostly over, depending on player-base.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=81744
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1460 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Korina »

Grandest Idea Mafia is now in signups!

Grand Idea Mafia + Greatest Idea Mafia discards!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=88940
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1485 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Korina »

Strange Dreams Mafia

A Game By Korina

17p. Role madness. No VTs.

Everything in your PM and alignment will always be true, but your results and other moderation communication may be fabricated.

It's also a Korina game. Expect the unexpected.

All roles are based off weird dreams I've had.

(It's being reviewed right now, but I'm accepting pre-ins.)
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1488 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Korina »

In post 1485, Korina wrote:
Strange Dreams Mafia

A Game By Korina

Everything in your PM and alignment will always be true, but your results and other moderation communication may be fabricated.

This has been in signups and has five slots available still! I’d really appreciate it if it filled before Friday!
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1489 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 1488, Korina wrote:
In post 1485, Korina wrote:
Strange Dreams Mafia

A Game By Korina

This has been in signups and has five slots available still! I’d really appreciate it if it filled before Friday!
This game now needs a hammer vote. Please come hammer it. <3
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1495 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Korina »

WEIRD DREAMS MAFIA: REDUX

The first one was maliciously ruined. I redesigned it and made the setup
better
. It's improved. I made it more
fun
and expanded upon mechanics I liked from the first iteration.

- 19 players.
- Guaranteed role madness, (nobody is a VT, or is the functional equivalent of a VT. You do
something
and that result is
meaningful
.)
- Bastard mechanics within reason. Your role PM and alignment are always truthful. There is no secret PM, no "secret PGO that's told they're a doctor" - what you see from your PM is what you get.
- Innate multitasking
- Weird mechanics that I saw in a dream once.
- Flavor inspired by those weird mechanics I saw once in a dream.

Taking pre-ins! I'm going to PM everyone who was in the first game, but the game will not start until TM is mostly over or fully over, depending on how quickly the game fills up. I don't anticipate hitting 19 before TM ends, so it'll likely happen before TM ends, unless everyone feels like the game should begin before TM ends.

I have two pre-ins already. I'm willing to go up to 13 pre-ins if you really want to pre-in.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1503 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Korina »

ANNOUNCING A NEW KORINA GAME

Are you tired of GIM games being boring and having a lot of garbage roles or extremely broken roles?
Do you wish just one person could arbitrarily decide what roles were good and fun?
Do you wish your mod would suffer for no reason, other than their autistic interests demanding they do something extremely stupid?

You don't? Too bad!

Announcing the bullshit that is:
Korina's Best of GIM
!

I am going to spend the next several months looking through posts 0-11700 and picking what I think is the very best of the dumpster fire known as the GIM thread, and I will randomize off of that pool. I will not announce what roles I thought were good, nor reveal the criteria of what I thought was good.

It's going to be a 17 player game, and I am accepting pre-ins now!
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B