Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm saying I think the scum might have a rolestopper, I don't think the scum have a roleblocker.

Oversoul was in Role Call Mafia I with me, that game had a similar mechanic in that a player could gain a power, and the scum would know which player gained the power. That setup had a rolestopper instead of a roleblocker because easily targeting the player with the power is boring and easy, but guessing who they would try to target is fun.

I don't know if this game's design was finished before he played Role Call Mafia but I think he'd use a good design principle like that.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:04 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Now that you're likely the nk AND have a power can I just out your page 2 claim pops?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:04 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 600, popsofctown wrote:I'm saying I think the scum might have a rolestopper, I don't think the scum have a roleblocker.

Oversoul was in Role Call Mafia I with me, that game had a similar mechanic in that a player could gain a power, and the scum would know which player gained the power. That setup had a rolestopper instead of a roleblocker because easily targeting the player with the power is boring and easy, but guessing who they would try to target is fun.

I don't know if this game's design was finished before he played Role Call Mafia but I think he'd use a good design principle like that.
It makes sense with the seeking masons as well.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

Sure
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:21 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 37, popsofctown wrote:You know what

Oversoul's phrasing makes me think the power roles won't be X-shot.

I think there might be a lot of benefit to trying to secret groupthink 1 townread. Like don't do townreadslists, just do scumreadslists.
Scum have trouble actually townreading obvtown sometimes if you don't tell them.

The next day if that player's ability was weak or underwhelming they can claim and ask not to be given the crown again. If it is sufficiently awesome, they don't claim. Then we secret vote again, they can dodge NK again, they can do awesome thing again. It might shift to a different person if the scum NK one of the people who voted for that particular crown but we didn't lose anything then.
This only comes from a VT perspective. Especially if a rolestopper or strongman is in play. So being X-shot strongman would imply a protective is likely X-shot and same with rolestopper though not protective related per say.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:22 am

Post by RCEnigma »

But I didn't want you to yell at me for outing you as VT. Feels bad.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yah it's ok because I'm not a VT anymore.

I strongly assumed this setup was 7 VT 2 goons day 1 so I'm pretty sure I rolefished myself hard all of day 1.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

Is that post "page and a half in and I'm already hard townreading pops"?
"Well, I..."
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:28 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 607, popsofctown wrote:Is that post "page and a half in and I'm already hard townreading pops"?
Yeah, I was pretty sure you blatantly VT claimed when I made that post.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 580, popsofctown wrote:re: the Hectic lynch, Drew was always my preferred lynch, but there was very few hours left to deadline, and I counted exactly 5 potential voters online, one of which was Drew, who did not demonstrate willingness to self-vote. I was certain a no-lynch was going to happen but was pleasantly surprised when people started showing up and the thread had much more activity than average near deadline.
In post 516, Oversoul wrote:
Votecount 1.09

Hectic (3) - Dunnstral, gameplay506, Doctor Drew
L-2

Doctor Drew (3) - Hectic, RCEnigma, popsofctown
L-2

RCEnigma (2) - popsofctown, Correspondence
Correspondence (1) - Egduf

Not Voting (1) - Aa

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-08-26 00:15:00).
Why is pops getting a pass regarding the end of D1's events? gameplay and Dunnstral were both online and not on Drew, so a Drew lynch was perfectly reasonably and Drew didn't have to selfvote. pops' switch onto me wasn't necessary for avoiding a no-lynch and could definitely be scum!pops trying to get another townie to claim, especially if she'd picked up on me and Aa being too trusting of each other. I may have made it too obvious that we were masons or lovers after all with stuff like this:
In post 331, Hectic wrote:My point in that post was that they're hard to read, and that they were taking advantage of that fact by not asking/answering questions and making it even harder to read them by not interacting with many people. They could still make an attempt to scum/townhunt more despite the gimmick. That's why I think that behaviour is scum-inidicative.

Aa:
Help pls
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:36 am

Post by Hectic »

Just doesn't add up if Drew was her preferred lynch like she claims he was.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:43 am

Post by RCEnigma »

To be fair it's easier for her to switch wagons then she only has to worry about 1 vote swinging to hammer compared to convince 2 slots to vote their scumreads counterwagon.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 451, popsofctown wrote:pops dunnstral rce drew gameplay would be five votes on hectic from people active right now, drew probably won't hammer himself.
This is the post where I make it clear I think there are only 5 votes in play.

I see now that I was mistaken and that you had a stale vote on Doctor Drew, so there were actually enough votes in play that we had five without a Doctor Drew self vote.

I don't think I've ever fake-miscounted votes as a scum tactic, I guess that's something a person might do, but anyway, that's not what happened here. I'm sorry I damaged our ICs by my mistake.
"Well, I..."
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Votecount 2.01

Not Voting (7) - Correspondence, Dunnstral, Egduf, gameplay506, Hectic, popsofctown, RCEnigma

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2019-09-06 13:00:00).
Last edited by Oversoul on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Hectic »

Alright. So either pops is scum, or mafia don't have a roleblocker/rolestopper. If pops is town, I don't see why mafia wouldn't use their roleblocker/rolestopper to push a kill through on pops, given she was consensus town being crowned at the end of last day.

Assuming town!pops, I get crowned today and RC protects me tonight. If I die, RC is scum and lying about his bodyguard. Or pops is scum and scum have a roleblocker/rolestopper.

How flawed is this logic?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

ok you can be the smart guy Hectic I don't like nightplay anyways
"Well, I..."
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Egduf »

Gameplay, at the end of the last day I think I remember you saying that you didn’t trust Hectic’s claim. This seems pretty scummy to me. He had good evidence for it, and it seemed clear that Aa was the same role. If you were going to distrust one of the claims RCE’s was the most suspicious because no one else could confirm it. (If I’ve remembered this as the wrong person I’m sorry)
I also don’t agree with your point that Hectic is playing differently from last game. He was essentially playing a character early on, but his later posts were very similar to what he’s done in this game.
You would be my preferred lynch today.
VOTE: Gameplay
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:13 am

Post by gameplay506 »

I said I distrusted that claim but so did like 3 other people. I still switched my vote after his claim so it's not like you can blame me for pushing him after claiming.
And he was playing differently and Hectic himself agreed to it.
Soo is that all the reasoning for me being your top lynch?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I was under the impression that there was only one crown and we can't crown anybody else until pops dies and drops it

Am I wrong?
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Egduf »

After looking back it was you Dunnstral and Pops who thought the claims were shady.
Dunnstral said that before Hectic had explained himself and revealed Aa as his partner, so there’s not really much reason to scum read him there.
Pops just said that one of the claims was scummy, not Hectic’s in particular. She even specified that RCE’s was the most suspect out of all of them, and I have a slight scum read on her anyway for other reasons.
Yes that is my reasoning. I think all your behaviour at the end of the last day was a bit suspicious.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Egduf »

^ This is directed at Gameplay
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:31 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Anyway asking again- should or should not pops claim?
As I said I would prefer not to take any chances but if I'm the minority here and someone manages to convince me otherwise I will back off.
But since I don't really think that her ability is getting stopped(if there is way then she is getting blocked anyway) and if she is town then she will probably die tonight anyway so no point in hiding it imo. By claiming she only hinders scumpops gameplan.
SO I'M LISTENING YALL
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Correspondence

Poe vote, least confident in them being town
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

you realized scumpops gets to make up whatever role she wants

and townpops has to truthfully tell the mafia what my role is because I don't play lolclaim style town

help me understand how the flowchart looks good to you.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

If it's a PoE vote, towncase RCE or Egduf for me
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”