Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.10

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled

EspressoPatronum (4): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest
NC 39 (4): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

Alchemist21 (3): Alchemist21, EspressoPatronum, RC most awesomest

Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest (2): RC most awesomest, Alchemist21

YOUAREGREAT (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):
Spangled (0):

Lynch:

Spangled (1): RC most awesomest
Lil Uzi Vert (1): Gamma Emerald
Alchemist21 (1): Hectic

Not Voting (6): EspressoPatronum, NC 39, YOUAREGREAT, Lil Uzi Vert, Spangled, Alchemist21

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 297, Skygazer wrote:
YOUAREGREAT replaces Clemency.
They had better be. :P
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 296, NC 39 wrote:
In post 292, Spangled wrote:I have had a kind of weird scum-gut-read for a while on NC 39 because of occasionally abrasive interaction with me, but I looked over both my and their ISO and I’m pretty sure that I have been equally at fault in my abrasiveness — see my previous post for an example, actually, now that I think about it — toward them, and I feel like it’s a kind of semi-instinctive OMGUS that I should
probably
ignore.
One thing I noticed about both of your scumgames. was that you seemed to be trying to win the Guinness award for OMGUS voting. You haven’t done that so far in this game.
I should also make it clear, it was Nero who did that. Have you played with Nero before?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 295, NC 39 wrote:Is there some reason you are mischaracterizing my post here? RC, objected to Spangled being in the coalition and then Alchemist removed both of us, after saying “fine”. I referenced that because RCMA made no mention of us, so I was wondering why Alchemist seemed to make that connection.

I had agreed with some of your posts but obviously not all and I explained the reasoning for that. I’m very curious how that read as “buddying” to you?
I'm pretty sure you had a similar reaction to Alchemist's initial statement that he'd remove us from his coalition as when he actually did it. So first off you seem very on edge, which also makes you looks suspicious outside the buddying situation, and second I feel like you're trying to get me associated with you.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 302, NC 39 wrote:
In post 292, Spangled wrote:I have had a kind of weird scum-gut-read for a while on NC 39 because of occasionally abrasive interaction with me, but I looked over both my and their ISO and I’m pretty sure that I have been equally at fault in my abrasiveness — see my previous post for an example, actually, now that I think about it — toward them, and I feel like it’s a kind of semi-instinctive OMGUS that I should
probably
ignore.
One thing I noticed about both of your scumgames. was that you seemed to be trying to win the Guinness award for OMGUS voting. You haven’t done that so far in this game.
I should also make it clear, it was Nero who did that. Have you played with Nero before?
No, I have not. The only people I have personal experience with were two of the failed-to-pick-up-Role-PM rep-outs.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

hey everyone!

i haven't played on this site for about a year, so i may be a bit rusty. i'll catch up and give my thoughts.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 291, NC 39 wrote:@Alchemist, I was feeling nauseous earlier, so this is my first post today. This is Nancy btw, if that helps.
I hope you feel better, and yes it helps. The earlier interaction feels a little less weird knowing it came from Nero.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 301, NC 39 wrote:
i sure am :wink:
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 303, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 295, NC 39 wrote:Is there some reason you are mischaracterizing my post here? RC, objected to Spangled being in the coalition and then Alchemist removed both of us, after saying “fine”. I referenced that because RCMA made no mention of us, so I was wondering why Alchemist seemed to make that connection.

I had agreed with some of your posts but obviously not all and I explained the reasoning for that. I’m very curious how that read as “buddying” to you?
I'm pretty sure you had a similar reaction to Alchemist's initial statement that he'd remove us from his coalition as when he actually did it. So first off you seem very on edge, which also makes you looks suspicious outside the buddying situation, and second I feel like you're trying to get me associated with you.
What do you mean by ‘trying to get me associated with you’? What kind of agenda do you think they’re pushing as scum, sorry?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 307, YOUAREGREAT wrote:
In post 301, NC 39 wrote:
i sure am :wink:
I hope so. I’ve heard playing with Clemency cited as ‘an experience’, so I’d like you to live up to that :lol:
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 304, Spangled wrote:
probably
ignore.
No, I have not. The only people I have personal experience with were two of the failed-to-pick-up-Role-PM rep-outs.
Oh, and Gamma too, but I was an IC that game and IC games just mess with your brain; no one suspecting you leaves you in a weird state of mind afterwards.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

for the record, i replaced into this slot because i iso'd clemency's lines and thought he was extremely blatantly town

looking forward to living up to his reputation
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 308, Spangled wrote:

What do you mean by ‘trying to get me associated with you’? What kind of agenda do you think they’re pushing as scum, sorry?
I think they're trying to make me look like I'm bad with them.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 311, YOUAREGREAT wrote:for the record, i replaced into this slot because i iso'd clemency's lines and thought he was extremely blatantly town

looking forward to living up to his reputation
Talk about this.
<Embrace The Void>

NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by NC 39 »

I'm pretty sure you had a similar reaction to Alchemist's initial statement that he'd remove us from his coalition as when he actually did it. So first off you seem very on edge, which also makes you looks suspicious outside the buddying situation, and second
I feel like you're trying to get me associated with you
Nero, asking “y”, reads as “on edge” to you? Seriously?

Wrt the bolded: What the actual fuck?

I would really love to hear the thought process behind that. :lol:
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 10, Alchemist21 wrote:HEAL: Alchemist, RC most awesomest, NC 39, Gamma Emerald, EspressoPatronum

That’s myself plus the 3 slots I believe to be the strongest slots coming into the game plus Espresso since I liked their entrance.

I think the Coalition should be the 5 strongest/Towniest players not just for the obvious reasons of the D1 wincon but also as a weak investigational tool if it fails - if the Coalition fails we know there’s a deep wolf in a group where we might not otherwise suspect scum to be.
god i hate this but it's not necessarily scum
In post 20, Hectic wrote: also we can still pressure scum with votes which is always good
feels like youre trying too hard to show off why youre town

In post 44, Spangled wrote:
In post 21, Hectic wrote:VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

weakest entrance thus far imo
Dude, he did two things: greet the thread as he literally almost always does, and agreed with someone who disagreed with you... OMGUS, or just a lack of willingness to meta someone? A combination, perchance?
good line
In post 46, Spangled wrote:
In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 27, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 24, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 23, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Could you maybe try playing the game and stop following the solve the setup philosophy?
Okay this feels like an overreaction
Same thing goes for you.
Actually how though.
VOTE: LUV
Don't recall you being this defensive.
Why is defensive scum-indicative, necessarily? Never actually had someone explain this to me.
good line x2. showing genuine enthusiasm and curiosity that scum usually lacks
In post 92, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think it was obvious I was asking for you to try to play the game as well and not focus so heavily on the setup.
you seem a bit nervous
In post 114, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 104, Spangled wrote:@Alchemist
Got any reads yet?
Still think Espresso is Town. Pretty sure RCMA is Town.

I personally don’t love Gamma’s posts about LUV but I don’t think they’re really scummy.
these reads are fine but it feels like you're trying too hard to keep a neutral stance on LUV's alignment
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

i'll put my next wallpost in quotes so that i don't spam the game
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 229, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 219, Spangled wrote:Gamma, actually, doesn’t really feel the same to me as the last game we were in; tonally they actually feel a bit weirdly different from how I remember them.
Want mr to talk about this, because I can def talk about it and explain what is different
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well I was a cop that game and that affected how I played in that game. I'm not here. Like you saw Persivul poking me for bring different, he was right even though he was scum.
Gamma let’s talk about this. If being a Cop changed your tone in that other game why would your tone be similar to your Cop play here when everyone is Vanilla?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 304, Spangled wrote:
probably
ignore.
Nero can often be abrasive, so another way to tell us apart.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 315, YOUAREGREAT wrote:these reads are fine but it feels like you're trying too hard to keep a neutral stance on LUV's alignment
That post was entirely about Gamma.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 317, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 229, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 219, Spangled wrote:Gamma, actually, doesn’t really feel the same to me as the last game we were in; tonally they actually feel a bit weirdly different from how I remember them.
Want mr to talk about this, because I can def talk about it and explain what is different
In post 231, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well I was a cop that game and that affected how I played in that game. I'm not here. Like you saw Persivul poking me for bring different, he was right even though he was scum.
Gamma let’s talk about this. If being a Cop changed your tone in that other game why would your tone be similar to your Cop play here when everyone is Vanilla?
I’m afraid that you’ve misread that exchange. Gamma was cop in a game with me, and I thought that, this game, her tone was different from how it was then, but she is saying that the fact that she was cop then, in my past experience of her, is the reason her tone is different from that game to this game — if that all follows; it did in my mind but feels tenuous typed.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Oh, that makes sense. My bad.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 312, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 308, Spangled wrote:

I think they're trying to make me look like I'm bad with them.
I was agreeing, explaining and backing up WHY I was agreeing with some of your posts. Wrt to the Alchemist post, he happened to remove both our names at the same time.

So once again, explain A) how this is “bad” and B) how and why I am trying to be linked with you?

Because this is making 0 sense to me.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 130, EspressoPatronum wrote:I'm liking Hectic's content and reads, but the difference in his playstyle is really nagging at me. It's almost like he's too good to be true now that he's playing normally, and I'm seeing that as a possible scum tactic.

@anyone else who has played with him, what are your thoughts on his behaviour? Do you think the change in his posting style is AI? Why/why not?
i like expresso's general tone and vibe so far. seems like he's playing inquisitively, and his questions feel like they're naturally coming from the flow of the game rather than as an attempt to force towntells

gamma is starting to towntell a little bit, particularly around page 7/8

hectic's #190 seems overly reactive and like he's using sarcasm as a defense mechanism against being criticized

there's a lot of conversation regarding rc's meta that i frankly don't care about. i don't have RC as town yet and i haven't seen any lines from them that i don't think they couldn't pull off as scum. they seem overly fixated on who scumreads them and who doesn't, but that isn't a scumtell by itself

gamma, why did you say that RC was town in #207? fast-tracking a majority coalition seems like a mistake to me, and an easy way to tr people carelessly

spangled's #219-#223 is towny
In post 242, NC 39 wrote:instead of complaining about the deadline why not try to solve?
not a fan of this post. so far, NC's gameplay feels like it's a lot of style over substance. he outs a lot of reads and fronts confidently but i don't really get the impression there's much of a genuine thought process behind his play. i like his pressure on alchemist, but it feels like he's too eager to catch him in a "gotcha" moment.

same with him writing off gamma's sr on him as "weak accusations". it feels like his default mode is defensive and afraid.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 319, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 315, YOUAREGREAT wrote:these reads are fine but it feels like you're trying too hard to keep a neutral stance on LUV's alignment
That post was entirely about Gamma.
yeah, i misread

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”