Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Post by Beta Sapphire »

In post 973, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 962, Beta Sapphire wrote:I’ve reread some ISOs and feel like my reads have changed a lot. this is basically where I am right now, I think:

Town

PP, Gamma
Unstuck in Time, NaCl
RCE, tris, Hoptic*, plat phoe
——
Vork, SS, Ben, Norwegian

Scum

* caveat here is that I haven’t really had time to reconsider the Hoptic slot, and their placement here is basically because they seemed towny earlier

AMA

-o
Are your issues with the Norwegian slot the same issues Votk had?
Was he scumreading Norway for playing the newbie card? If so, not really

I think Norway is having trouble forming reads and is passively contributing by talking about something that isn’t helping anyone generate reads afaict

-o
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Umm I'll say Gamma is the only one I'm super confident on, think they're spewed no matter what.

And to also answer Norwegian, I don't think Norwegian can be with any of (PP, Gamma, Faux PP, Menalque). Based on the mindset that he thinks he would have strongarmed his partners over scum roles. 100% not a stance a newbie takes with those players in a pt.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

O think I'm less wary of new players fumbling through the gamestate than either of A.) A new player not trying or 2.) A new player that is navigating the gamestate well.

If that makes sense.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Like when we rolled scum together it was one of my first games AND my first scum game. I was caught mechanically but I didn't do anything that game except give out readlists when people said they hadn't heard from me in awhile and that's easy enough to do. That's more what I'm looking for in first time scum. At least here. Not after this post because I said though.
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Post by Beta Sapphire »

In post 977, RCEnigma wrote:O think I'm less wary of new players fumbling through the gamestate than either of A.) A new player not trying or 2.) A new player that is navigating the gamestate well.

If that makes sense.
By fumbling through the game state, you’re talking about him bringing up the “only dumb scum would pick zombies” and trying to towncase himself off of it? :P

-o
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Post by Beta Sapphire »

What do you think of Vork and how he feels compared to Jazz?

-o
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 966, ofrhz wrote:Asgard seems to continuously focus on the “why would scum pick a zombie” conversation topic
I dont really agree with this
Interesting point on Vork, though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 966, ofrhz wrote: Asgard seems to continuously focus on the “why would scum pick a zombie” conversation topic, which I don’t really think is all that natural. Also I see posts related to this topic every time I check in but I’m not seeing how this is line of discussion is really developing any reads
So it’s less natural coming from me, but with Phanton Phoenix (Who has done almost the exact same thing) you don’t scumread as much?
Logical!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 979, Beta Sapphire wrote:
In post 977, RCEnigma wrote:O think I'm less wary of new players fumbling through the gamestate than either of A.) A new player not trying or 2.) A new player that is navigating the gamestate well.

If that makes sense.
By fumbling through the game state, you’re talking about him bringing up the “only dumb scum would pick zombies” and trying to towncase himself off of it? :P

-o
Not really I think that's just not understanding role interactions. I get the playing it up part though. I'm talking more about his propensity to focusing on the wrong things.

It doesn't really feel agenda-ish. So I guess the argument is do you think he's masterminding the scum team or ignoring a scum plan?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 980, Beta Sapphire wrote:What do you think of Vork and how he feels compared to Jazz?

-o
Is that the one I fake vigged him? Because I feel similar to that game to a lesser degree.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

That's EICN. Vork was town in Jazz right? I don't think they're directly relatble because of the playerlists.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 971, Beta Sapphire wrote:They seem unconcerned, defiant even
Don't know if that's how chennis approaches this actually
Like in Newbie 1946 he kinda flipped out at people scumreading him
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 976, RCEnigma wrote:Umm I'll say Gamma is the only one I'm super confident on, think they're spewed no matter what.

And to also answer Norwegian, I don't think Norwegian can be with any of (PP, Gamma, Faux PP, Menalque). Based on the mindset that he thinks he would have strongarmed his partners over scum roles. 100% not a stance a newbie takes with those players in a pt.
Yeah, I don't think anyone strong arms me here, I'd try to work as equals. Especially given my Pick Your Poison comparison, I would definitely be charged up about doing what I feel is right
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 983, RCEnigma wrote:So I guess the argument is do you think he's masterminding the scum team or ignoring a scum plan?
That’s an intriguing thought. I suppose my belief is that i (theoretically) would more meekly follow along with whatever the veteran team members were doing. I doubt i would take full charge in a game of this scale. I would probably not ignore any strategies they proposed either.
Well it’s not like my rambling thoughts can prove much. Move along with the discussion peoples.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:58 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Chen you were in StarCraft with Verb, FL, and A50 right?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:59 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 988, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 983, RCEnigma wrote:So I guess the argument is do you think he's masterminding the scum team or ignoring a scum plan?
That’s an intriguing thought. I suppose my belief is that i (theoretically) would more meekly follow along with whatever the veteran team members were doing. I doubt i would take full charge in a game of this scale. I would probably not ignore any strategies they proposed either.
Well it’s not like my rambling thoughts can prove much. Move along with the discussion peoples.
Yeah that's kind of my point. I want ofhrz's take though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:17 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 949, Gamma Emerald wrote:Assuming the revealing of the scum roles
Yeah that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 am

Haven't read up yet, but I had page 2 townreads on ben and NaCl.

Take them... *puts on sunglasses*... with a grain of salt.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:19 am

Also if I try to read Norwegian, please don't let me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:22 am

I am disappointed that neither Menalque nor ofrhz realized that Gamma Emerald was a reference to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 am

In post 945, tris wrote:oh you were one of the designers
Yeah I helped MDS with the balancing. It's why I'm surprised to see such a big mechanical change that wasn't discussed.

I think the setup as run the first time was a bit scumsided, but it may have only seemed that way because town lost its strongest PR's D1 and N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:51 am

In post 993, Something_Smart wrote:Also if I try to read Norwegian, please don't let me.
Shit, I'm tempted to break this rule already.

Still have only managed to get two pages in.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why did you make that rule anyway?
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

SS, have you replaced in for someone?
I haven't read anything since my last post yet so I've missed if the mod said
- Phoenix
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 am

In post 997, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why did you make that rule anyway?
Had the feeling from reading a few of your posts that you were the type of person I am at high risk to misread very hard.

I think it's the combination of new, eager, and self-aware.
In post 998, Platinum Phoenix wrote:SS, have you replaced in for someone?
I haven't read anything since my last post yet so I've missed if the mod said
- Phoenix
I replaced ceejay, whose ISO it took me a whopping five seconds to read :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”