Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.11

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled
EspressoPatronum (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled

NC 39 (4): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

Alchemist21 (3): Alchemist21, EspressoPatronum, RC most awesomest

Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest (2): RC most awesomest, Alchemist21

YOUAREGREAT (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):
Spangled (0):

Lynch:

Lil Uzi Vert (2): Gamma Emerald, EspressoPatronum
Spangled (1): RC most awesomest
Alchemist21 (1): Hectic
EspressoPatronum (1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (4): NC 39, YOUAREGREAT, Spangled, Alchemist21

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:00 am

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

are there any limitations to how often i can hurt and heal? do the hurt and heal votes only end up being counted at the end of the deadline, and the top 5 with the most "heal' votes end up being in the coalition?
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 am

Post by RC most awesomest »

i think youaregreat is going to be the reason scum wins regardless of what their actual alignment is
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 377, RC most awesomest wrote:i think youaregreat is going to be the reason scum wins regardless of what their actual alignment is
So, pray tell, what do you think their alignment is? Do you have a read on them?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 376, YOUAREGREAT wrote:are there any limitations to how often i can hurt and heal? do the hurt and heal votes only end up being counted at the end of the deadline, and the top 5 with the most "heal' votes end up being in the coalition?
You are limited to 5 healing players at a time. A majority (five people) need to agree on an
entire
coalition of five players. The coalition is processed as soon as a majority of players are voting for that coalition.
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 366, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 298, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 277, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 266, Gamma Emerald wrote:1: yes
2: I have not read your ISO yet.
In that case, can you please read my ISO first? My answer to your RC questions earlier will essentially be me rehashing what I've already said.
Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 258, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 256, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 238, EspressoPatronum wrote:This is almost the exact line of reasoning I used on my scum read of you
How tho
See post . If you still don't agree in the similar reasoning, I'm happy to weigh in further.
I don't see what in 97 covers "looks like how scum treat me in other games"
RC said: "[EP has] taken the same line of play that scum in the vast majority of my recent games have taken with me.

I said: RC was playing differently from his usually aggressive town game, which was a method I have seen experienced scum do in some of my recent games.
Proof:
Spoiler:
In post 97, EspressoPatronum wrote: [...]Second, I'm saying you're behaving differently than the RC I have played with and observed through reading other games.

I also fail to see why you think I'm trying to tilt you by scumreading you + not putting you in my coalition. It's part of the game.
In post 94, RC most awesomest wrote:
[...]
In post 75, EspressoPatronum wrote:RC's intro reads like an excuse for him to not play his usual town game. I'm not familiar with RC's scum game, but from the games I've played with + seen him in, he usually plays aggressive town.

I'd like some more information from @nsg. Specifically, why do you think I'm scum + what is your answer to my question about the past game.
i don't think rc is the kind of person who needs an excuse when he's playing scum.
I have no doubt in RC's abilities, but I've seen this method used a few times by experienced players. Nobody is above it.

Both of us were saying that the other was taking a line of play consistent with scum behaviour we had witnessed in recent games.
How is RC playing less aggressive in line with what you've seen other scum do?
Again, please read my ISO, as I have already answered this question.

For your convenience - here it is: FormerFish did the exact same thing in Purge. I know him as an aggressive town player, so when he left some throwaway comment about sitting back that game, I (correctly) called it out as scummy.
If your point is that the "announcing your playing differently" thing is what scum have done, that doesn't seem too valid as I did it in two simultaneous games as town and scum, where the intent was to try a new method. So like my objection is if there's a viable reason for the change then I wouldn't call it scummy.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Hectic »

hmm, i like Great here but i don't know who to take out of my coalition for her

LUV's posts give me scum pings and i agree with Espresso's reasoning on them, but it honestly seems so lazy and LAMIST, that i don't think that's the route scum would take in a game like this where you need to be active and towny in order to be put in the coalition

Alchemist's read on me is actually reasonable as well and it's not like it came out of nowhere, i can understand the reasoning behind it. i just dislike the fact that he hasn't posted a lot of real reads/content throughout this game after skimming through his ISO

i find Espresso's defence of my Alchemist vote a tad bit weird, i don't think i gave good reasoning for it myself. giving me some vibes that he's trying to appease other people likely to be picked for the coalition atm

i'm in a bit of a weird position where i have no real scumreads, i'll have to reread the thread and ISO Espresso tomorrow hopefully. for now, happy for my vote to sit on Alchemist

@Spangled: any reason why you aren't adding people to your coalition? do you not think it's useful for us to see your preferred coalition as it changes?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 373, NC 39 wrote:Why didn't YOU care that Achlem was reading you wrong?
I didn't really feel like it needed to be addressed. If it was more substantiated I might have.
Also your reads seem really weak rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Hectic »

i like Gamma's post on the last page as well lol
i think i'm debating everyone to be in my coalition right now except for LUV and Alchemist, but not even sure on LUV given my logic on him earlier
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 352, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 206, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, RC most awesomest wrote:sky give extension

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
this feels towny as well unless LUV is transparent enough as scum to show outrage at something like this
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 368, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: EspressoPatronum
surely scum!LUV knows that this kind of naked vote followed by no activity is gonna do him no favours in getting picked for the coalition, right?

that's what makes me doubtful on him, though i am spilling wine everywhere here i guess
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My thinking is most of the real outrage is stuck in the scum PT and in the main thread he just seems a little POed as a result
<Embrace The Void>

Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 381, Hectic wrote: @Spangled: any reason why you aren't adding people to your coalition? do you not think it's useful for us to see your preferred coalition as it changes?
Well, it’s funny, but I don’t have enough strong-ish townreads that I don’t have some kind of strange doubt on to make a full 5. I guess if I included two of my stronger doubtful-townreads (and myself), I might have a coalition, but I’d much rather get some form of a consensus coalition and vote for that.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 334, YOUAREGREAT wrote:who's your top sr right now, spangled?
Uh... LUV sort of could be, I guess, but he’s not a scumread, just at the lower end of the PoE. Much like Hectic said, I don’t have any
real
scumreads — by which I mean the kind I would be fairly sure would flip scum; the kind you might push for the lynch.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 387, Spangled wrote:
In post 381, Hectic wrote: @Spangled: any reason why you aren't adding people to your coalition? do you not think it's useful for us to see your preferred coalition as it changes?
Well, it’s funny, but I don’t have enough strong-ish townreads that I don’t have some kind of strange doubt on to make a full 5. I guess if I included two of my stronger doubtful-townreads (and myself), I might have a coalition, but I’d much rather get some form of a consensus coalition and vote for that.
I mean, if I was to make a coalition, it might look something like GREAT-RCMA-myself-?-?, with the two spaces filled by pretty much anyone but Alch or LUV. I feel like Espresso would be one of my picks, but RC is often touted as an excellent player as town — for which I think the meta, if nothing else, is conclusive — and I feel — in a kind of gambler’s-fallacy sort of way — that it should be unlikely that they’d be wrong on
both
their top scumreads...
But I’d imagine that it can happen, so...
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 375, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.11

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled
EspressoPatronum (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled

NC 39 (4): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest (2): RC most awesomest, Alchemist21

Clemency (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):
Spangled (0):

Lynch:

Lil Uzi Vert (2): Gamma Emerald, EspressoPatronum
Spangled (1): RC most awesomest
Alchemist21 (1): Hectic
EspressoPatronum (1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (4): NC 39, Clemency, Spangled, Alchemist21

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
@mod
YOUAREGREAT is still Clemency in the VCs.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 384, Hectic wrote:

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
this feels towny as well unless LUV is transparent enough as scum to show outrage at something like this
I’m sorry, but I don’t know
what
you mean here.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 188, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 186, Hectic wrote:Alchemist: i see, thanks. what do you think of so many people townreading Spangled? do you agree/disagree?
I was actually a little surprised at how many were Townreading them when I checked the VC. They’re null to me.
Do you have any kind of read on me now?
What about Hectic?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 392, Spangled wrote:
In post 186, Hectic wrote:Alchemist: i see, thanks. what do you think of so many people townreading Spangled? do you agree/disagree?
I was actually a little surprised at how many were Townreading them when I checked the VC. They’re null to me.
What about Hectic?
You’re still null to me. I don’t trust your self-meta to pin you down as Town. It might help me if you tell me why you think Great is Towny. I don’t want Great in the Coalition and I have a reason for it but I want to hear your reason for including them first.

Hectic’s still a scumread.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

-nsg
This plz
In post 353, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 244, NC 39 wrote:LUV is still scum.

RC is town.

HURT: LUV

HEAL: RC

not a big fan of Gamma randomly trying to apply pressure to me.

Don't like how Alchem is ignoring me as I think that often comes from scum.

And still, dislike Spangled.

but thats too many scum reads. So I'm wrong on 2 of those 4.

HEAL: RC most awesomest, Hectic, EspressoPatronum, NC 39 is a rock-solid coalition but I'm hesitant to add Clemency as some of his posts pinged me earlier.

So basically, who are the other town between Clem, Gamma, Alchem, and Spangled and I guess LUV in case I'm wrong but I don't think I am?
Nancy you can’t read me and Nero you always scum read me. I’m not scum here and I think if I was I would probably be a lot more active and playing like EP.
In post 368, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: EspressoPatronum
LUV can you elaborate on your EP read?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 393, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 392, Spangled wrote:
What about Hectic?
You’re still null to me. I don’t trust your self-meta to pin you down as Town. It might help me if you tell me why you think Great is Towny. I don’t want Great in the Coalition and I have a reason for it but I want to hear your reason for including them first.

Hectic’s still a scumread.
Fair enough. I though GREAT was really towny in that catchup; the reads they formed seemed to follow a logical process, particularly the EP read.
Also, I really get where they’re coming from as far as repping into Clemency because they thought the slot was obvtown — I really don’t enjoy playing scum, so when I see a game I want to rep into and there’s a spot open, I always ISO the slot and see if it’s either fairly inactive (but townily inactive, if that makes sense) or something I think I would townread.
And, also, how they mentioned that fact about their rep-in but didn’t kind of
push
the idea their slot was obvtown via Clemency’s few posts on us I quite liked. I also like their analysis of Gamma; I don’t think I quite agree with it but it is a new perspective on a slot that everyone seems to mildly townread(?) so far and it just generally gives a new take, which I think is hard for scum repping in to do.

I think that my desire to put them into the coalition may still come out of some buddying; they say ‘I’m not buddying you’ but then compliment me (as it were) on the towniness of my posts... but I think might be paranoia, especially if no one else is seeing that...?

Why did you scumread Hectic, sorry?
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

In post 377, RC most awesomest wrote:i think youaregreat is going to be the reason scum wins regardless of what their actual alignment is
that's a rude thing to say. what exactly is your problem with my play so far?
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

i'm gonna have to comb through this thread tomorrow and figure out who my scumreads are. i don't know what to make of how LUV responded to me.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I can see your points on Great pushing against status quo a bit. However I think there’s too much wifom on their rep-in remarks about Clemency. Clemency doing what even he says he does as scum could be null because real life stuff happens but it certainly shouldn’t be a good sign that he’s Town to anyone. And they might not have hard pushed the idea but they are the one who introduced the idea and it comes off as a bit LAMIST for their slot and there’s just no way I can trust it enough for a Coalition vote.

Spoiler: Hectic stuff
In post 284, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 280, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 251, Alchemist21 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 235, Hectic wrote:
In post 201, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.06

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

EspressoPatronum (3): EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Spangled

NC 39 (2): NC 39, RC most awesomest
Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, Spangled

RC most awesomest (1): RC most awesomest

Clemency (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):
Spangled (0):

Lynch:

Lil Uzi Vert (2): Hectic, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (7): RC most awesomest, EspressoPatronum, NC 39, Clemency, Lil Uzi Vert, Spangled, Alchemist21

didn't Espresso put me down as a heal?
In post 203, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 20, Hectic wrote:
In post 11, Alchemist21 wrote:I don’t even know if throwing around lynch votes will be useful until the Coalition is decided on since we can’t lynch before the Coalition is decided.
i think it's still good go throw around votes to show who we suspect and intend to lynch after we decide on the coalition, it'll be useful later on as well when we look back at wagons and potential bussing

also we can still pressure scum with votes which is always good
In post 21, Hectic wrote:VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

weakest entrance thus far imo
Hectic do you still believe what you said about applying pressure with your votes? Do you think your LUV vote is still good?
yes and probably not, if he's not currently reading the thread

VOTE: Spangled

I have to say you’ve been pinging me this whole game. What makes Spangled a good vote in your eyes? How come you seemingly forgot about voting for anyone else this whole time?
I'll help jumpstart the information requested above. Can you give us more on your Hectic ping? You said he's been pinging you all game but you pointed to two recent developments. Can you tell us some of the early things Hectic did that pinged you?
It was mainly his tone at first. It sounded like he was constructing his posts to sound good; formal is too strong of a word for what his tone was but it didn’t seem casual and relaxed to me. Looking at his completed Newbie game though it seems that’s just the way they post but I still couldn’t shake the vibe and since he was the one who initially advocated for pressure votes it makes me wonder why we haven’t seen much of him actually doing that.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Idk how I messed up the spoiler tags. That first paragraph outside the spoiler isn’t even mine, just the second one.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”