Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 399, Alchemist21 wrote:Idk how I messed up the spoiler tags. That first paragraph outside the spoiler isn’t even mine, just the second one.
Spoiler= and quote tags interact weirdly, especially spoiled quoted spoilers and so on. We’ll figure it out.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 398, Alchemist21 wrote:I can see your points on Great pushing against status quo a bit. However I think there’s too much wifom on their rep-in remarks about Clemency. Clemency doing what even he says he does as scum could be null because real life stuff happens but it certainly shouldn’t be a good sign that he’s Town to anyone. And they might not have hard pushed the idea but they are the one who introduced the idea and it comes off as a bit LAMIST for their slot and there’s just no way I can trust it enough for a Coalition vote.
Well, it wasn’t so much him doing what he says he does as scum; he seems to have completely siteflaked, I think, not just disappeared here. No, it’s more around the boldness and WIFOM-ness of the statement, if he was scum — if he knows he freezes up as scum (and probably has done so recently?) he’s definitely not going to mention it, is he?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

If it’s already well-known he would.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 402, Alchemist21 wrote:If it’s already well-known he would.
I could
maybe
buy that if there’s someone here he’s played a few games with (especially a scum game against), but so blatantly? Really?
If he’s scum, it just seems a pointless way to get yourself suspected if you seem to freeze up; the WIFOM seems all negative if he’s scum.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 382, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 373, NC 39 wrote:Why didn't YOU care that Achlem was reading you wrong?
I didn't really feel like it needed to be addressed. If it was more substantiated I might have.
Also your reads seem really weak rn
Any in particular?
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 384, Hectic wrote:
In post 352, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 206, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, RC most awesomest wrote:sky give extension

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
this feels towny as well unless LUV is transparent enough as scum to show outrage at something like this
I’m not impressed by his underestimating of the value of the coalition or his RCMA tr, Had he given it at the time I asked him or earlier, I’d feel better about it. However, it’s slightly concerning to me that LUV seems to be sr by almost everyone but RCMA.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 405, NC 39 wrote:However, it’s slightly concerning to me that LUV seems to be sr by almost everyone but RCMA.
I think in the case of many people — certainly it is for myself — that it’s more of a ‘at the lower end of null’ than a full scumread.

But I do see what you mean. Presumably, I suppose, scum are bussing in such a way that it gets them towncred — either that, or LUV is town. If no one’s scumreading him in a towncred-earning kind of way, then maybe the most likely conclusion is that he’s town...? Is that what you’re saying, here?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 401, Spangled wrote:
In post 398, Alchemist21 wrote:I can see your points on Great pushing against status quo a bit. However I think there’s too much wifom on their rep-in remarks about Clemency. Clemency doing what even he says he does as scum could be null because real life stuff happens but it certainly shouldn’t be a good sign that he’s Town to anyone. And they might not have hard pushed the idea but they are the one who introduced the idea and it comes off as a bit LAMIST for their slot and there’s just no way I can trust it enough for a Coalition vote.
Well, it wasn’t so much him doing what he says he does as scum; he seems to have completely siteflaked, I think, not just disappeared here. No, it’s more around the boldness and WIFOM-ness of the statement, if he was scum — if he knows he freezes up as scum (and probably has done so recently?) he’s definitely not going to mention it, is he?
In post 405, NC 39 wrote:
In post 384, Hectic wrote:
In post 352, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 206, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, RC most awesomest wrote:sky give extension

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
this feels towny as well unless LUV is transparent enough as scum to show outrage at something like this
I’m not impressed by his underestimating of the value of the coalition or his RCMA tr, Had he given it at the time I asked him or earlier, I’d feel better about it. However,
it’s slightly concerning to me that LUV seems to be sr by almost everyone but RCMA.
@Great, what is your take on this?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Post by Spangled »

@RCMA
Could we have some general perspectives on the game, particularly thoughts on GREAT besides ‘they’re going to make town lose’, and perhaps thoughts on Hectic and LUV?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 406, Spangled wrote:
In post 405, NC 39 wrote:However, it’s slightly concerning to me that LUV seems to be sr by almost everyone but RCMA.
I think in the case of many people — certainly it is for myself — that it’s more of a ‘at the lower end of null’ than a full scumread.

But I do see what you mean. Presumably, I suppose, scum are bussing in such a way that it gets them towncred — either that, or LUV is town. If no one’s scumreading him in a towncred-earning kind of way, then maybe the most likely conclusion is that he’s town...? Is that what you’re saying, here?
Well, we couldn’t possibly know that until he’s flipped but yeah, it’s seems too easy. In DnD, nearly everyone wanted to lynch Lovebird except RC and she wound up flipping town, so I’m thinking RCMA could possibly be right about LUV as well.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 409, NC 39 wrote:

Well, we couldn’t possibly know that until he’s flipped but yeah, it’s seems too easy. In DnD, nearly everyone wanted to lynch Lovebird except RC and she wound up flipping town, so I’m thinking RCMA could possibly be right about LUV as well.
Makes sense, I suppose. I’ll take that with a grain of salt, though, because it feels to me as if RCMA have me/EP pegged very definitely as the scumteam, and if they weren’t scumreading me and him, who knows where their reads might be pointed? (If that makes sense.)
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Post by Spangled »

Also, anyone and everyone, I don’t know everyone’s timezones, sleep cycles, etc., but if anyone is up and around I’m going to be checking the thread every ten-fifteen minutes for the next 45 minutes to an hour or so, so if you want to have a somewhat protracted tête-à-tête (which I learnt today means, literally translated, head-to-head, which is funny because the general meaning of it is so different, especially with head-to-head being a very different-meaning idiom in English) with me, then now is the time.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 411, Spangled wrote:Also, anyone and everyone, I don’t know everyone’s timezones, sleep cycles, etc., but if anyone is up and around I’m going to be checking the thread every ten-fifteen minutes for the next 45 minutes to an hour or so, so if you want to have a somewhat protracted tête-à-tête (which I learnt today means, literally translated, head-to-head, which is funny because the general meaning of it is so different, especially with head-to-head being a very different-meaning idiom in English) with me
on any particular issue or thing
, then now is the time.
EBWOP, kind of
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Spangled »

Naturally, the moment I am free to talk in real time, the discussion dries up. H’m. Good night, o silent thread.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 404, NC 39 wrote:
I didn't really feel like it needed to be addressed. If it was more substantiated I might have.
Any in particular?
It's more a general statement because of how ill formed they seem.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 414, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Any in particular?
In post 410, Spangled wrote:

Makes sense, I suppose. I’ll take that with a grain of salt, though, because it feels to me as if RCMA have me/EP pegged very definitely as the scumteam, and if they weren’t scumreading me and him, who knows where their reads might be pointed? (If that makes sense.)
Do you think they’re wrong on LUV?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 am

Post by NC 39 »

I meant to respond to this as well. @Gamma, since you seem to feel quite strongly that my reads are “ill formed”, I’m sure that you shouldn’t have too much trouble quoting a few examples of this?

so I actually have some real content to address.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't like how you structured your PoE reads list, it seems your only real FoS is me, but LUV is lower? In addition there's my pre-exusting confusion about what the middle of the list is supposed to mean. It honestly feels like you vomited out reads without thinking them over really at all. That's what I mean.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 403, Spangled wrote:
In post 402, Alchemist21 wrote:If it’s already well-known he would.
I could
maybe
buy that if there’s someone here he’s played a few games with (especially a scum game against), but so blatantly? Really?
If he’s scum, it just seems a pointless way to get yourself suspected if you seem to freeze up; the WIFOM seems all negative if he’s scum.
In post 415, NC 39 wrote:
In post 414, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Any in particular?
In post 410, Spangled wrote:

Do you think they’re wrong on LUV?
I don’t know — but you definitely have something decent there — when the consensus seems to be ‘they’re most likely scum’, there’s probably something not quite right going on, especially if people aren’t pushing them in a towncred-earning way.

Still wouldn’t really feel comfortable with them in the coalition, though — I’d really like some more reads and thoughts from them on the game, because they just
have not said enough
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

after doing some cursory re-reading, my thoughts right now are:

spangled town

expresso town

gamma null-leaning town

alchemist null

RC null

LUV null-leaning scum

NC leaning-mafia

hectic mafia

i'm happy to discuss any of these reads, but i don't have the energy right now to explain all of them at once. they're subject to change, too.
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

also

unvote

vote: hectic
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 419, YOUAREGREAT wrote:RC null

hectic mafia
Talk about these please
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 417, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't like how you structured your PoE reads list, it seems your only real FoS is me, but LUV is lower? In addition there's my pre-exusting confusion about what the middle of the list is supposed to mean. It honestly feels like you vomited out reads without thinking them over really at all. That's what I mean.
It was a list of who I have as towniest to least towniest. It was in tiers, which I’ve already explained. It’s not my problem that you are inexplicably choosing to ignore that. Yes, it’s true, my read on you has plummeted. Maybe if you stop mischaracterizing my posts and insisting you understand my thought process better than I do, that might change.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 422, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 417, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't like how you structured your PoE reads list, it seems your only real FoS is me, but LUV is lower? In addition there's my pre-exusting confusion about what the middle of the list is supposed to mean. It honestly feels like you vomited out reads without thinking them over really at all. That's what I mean.
It was a list of who I have as towniest to least towniest. It was in tiers, which I’ve already explained. It’s not my problem that you are inexplicably choosing to ignore that. Yes, it’s true, my read on you has plummeted. Maybe if you stop mischaracterizing my posts and insisting you understand my thought process better than I do, that might change.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 422, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Your middle makes no sense though wrt what it means.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”