Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Something_Smart »

How am I tonally different?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Beta Sapphire »

I’ve also warmed up to tris bc I feel like she’s getting to similar conclusions as me

-M
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Beta Sapphire »

Idk I need to read your ISO more closely but I feel like you’re advancing te game less with what you’re posting this in my past experience with you

-M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think it's weird how SS is refusing to place me too.
@Something_Smart Are you trying to make me look scummy on purpose?
Beta Sapphire
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Beta Sapphire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Beta Sapphire »

But, in fairness, that could be because you’re catching up.

I’d like to get to the point where I have a good read on you one way or the other because i think town!you thinks in a different yet complementary way to town!me so if i can get to a TR on you it’ll be useful to bounce ideas off you as well as ofhrz

-M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 am

In post 1102, Beta Sapphire wrote:Idk I need to read your ISO more closely but I feel like you’re advancing te game less with what you’re posting this in my past experience with you
I assume that feel is because I'm catching up... but what gave you the impression that I usually make an effort to advance the game? I did shit-all in pfup.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 am

In post 1103, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Something_Smart Are you trying to make me look scummy on purpose?
No. How am I making you look scummy?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 am

In post 1104, Beta Sapphire wrote:I’d like to get to the point where I have a good read on you one way or the other because i think town!you thinks in a different yet complementary way to town!me so if i can get to a TR on you it’ll be useful to bounce ideas off you as well as ofhrz
Gotcha. Give it some time. I'm very much opposed to forcing reads of any kind.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1106, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1103, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Something_Smart Are you trying to make me look scummy on purpose?
No. How am I making you look scummy?
It could be seen as a "scum refusing to read his own teammate" sort of situation no?
Just try to read me like any other slot and don't worry about it. I don't mind.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:23 am

That doesn't strike me as a thing that happens more proportionally frequently than "scum refusing to read a townie."

Besides, if people think you're scum because of something I said, they wouldn't actually vote you for it until they saw me flip scum, which won't happen.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:28 am

I am trying to read you like any other slot. My reading technique is to synthesize what I know about someone's personality and behavior and match it with what I think the motivation for their actions likely is and how confident I should be in that prediction.

In your case I've determined that any prediction I could make, at least for now, ought to have a very low confidence.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Good points. I just wanted you to clarify, thanks for that. So you did mention you didn't want to force any reads right? Well what about the Phoenix wagon. Any thoughts on that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:34 am

There haven't been enough votecounts for me to really get a good idea of how wagons have been moving. Why does the wagon exist?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1112, Something_Smart wrote:There haven't been enough votecounts for me to really get a good idea of how wagons have been moving. Why does the wagon exist?
My view on it= Bandwagon on Ben accumulates due to him sounding kinda scummy in the start of the game before disappearing for a while. He then comes back and people switch their attention to Phoenix hydra due to them also sounding a bit suspicious.

So both of the wagons are in my view, not very warranted, my main reason for participating is to pressure whoever sounds the most suspicious at any given time. Just your average Day 1 groupthink...
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Hoptic »

Hectic and I are happy to see our hydra gimmick of playing 'prod chicken' is still going strong. I was in the lead for a while but the guilt got too much so I feel I have to post something now and we're looking more even.

It's a good thing I've got a lot of townreads or someone could accuse me of neglecting this game.

In post 927, NaCl wrote:
In post 926, PenguinPower wrote:What exactly do you think is weak reasoning, and are you tr'ing fakePP?
Hoptic is on the wagon with no reasoning at all, or none that seems clear to me. Also, I was townreading him due to a misunderstanding earlier, so now I actually need to read his posts, ugh.

Norwegian gives a reason and parks his vote, then doesn't really follow up in any way.

Gamma is okay.

I'm not really townreading PlatinumPhoenix, because I don't really see anything from the slot. If anything, I'm feeling like Chennisden's slightly different from the only game I've played with him. I just find the wagon itself to be strange.
How do you not have a read on the slot.
You dislike the wagon and think it's scum motivated you say?
In post 929, NaCl wrote:I have a stance on Asgard's vote, which is that I don't think he's putting enough effort behind it. And I didn't mention you because you voted way earlier, aren't quite in the same shift from Ben->fake-PP, and I haven't checked over your reasoning.

Also, I'm not townreading Hoptic anymore. I initially believed the blind thing, and thought that if he was scum he would understand how Zombie works. But I missed the part where he said it was a joke until just earlier. Now I actually need to read his posts rather than putting him in a pile in my mind and not worrying about him.
In post 935, NaCl wrote:
In post 933, tris wrote:why would him being blind lead you to townread him?
Because of his inability to understand the Zombie role. His reason behind that was that he was blind, and I figured that if he was scum, his partners would have explained it to him seeing as they picked Zombie.
This sounds like an excuse to change your read more than anything.

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 974, RCEnigma wrote:My townblock is me, Gamma, Norwegian, Unstuck.
Help, someone's trying to get into my townblock.
In post 1008, Something_Smart wrote:Well, I ain't gonna read 41 pages on my phone while at work, so a full catchup will have to wait.

But I read the first few pages and I townread ben, NaCl, you, and maybe Hoptic.

Though I don't think I can actually read you.
That's a controversial set of townreads, I'm interested in your full catchup.
In post 1024, tris wrote:
In post 1022, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@tris
Can you post your current reads? My impression is that you are like the most inconspicuous player here. Nothing sticks out of the ordinary. And i kinda wish it did.
Unstuck in Time
Vorkuta
PenguinPower
Hoptic
Gamma Emerald
you as well

are some townreads. There's some people I need to take a look at more.

Maybe Salt goes on that list.
I like this list. It's basically mineish.

Tommorrow I will try as hard as I can to get around to reading RC and NaCL

-Hop
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1049, Something_Smart wrote:I think it's likely his partners would have explained it to him.
I think a third of the people have played dumb with the setup early on in the beginning- that's no reason to townbin them at all. My impulse reaction to half of them (after facepalming and wanting to tell them to RTFM) was to tell them to stop fake!slipping, but as evidenced with games like TFC9++, not understanding the setup is par for the course on this site IMHO
In post 1072, NaCl wrote:Because I'm not really the teamwork kind of guy.
*inhales*
This and the above 3 posts are horrible, but I don't think scum is usually this brazen.
Points for honesty I suppose but damn
In post 1079, RCEnigma wrote:Also what an arbitrary question to ask. Dayvig: Vorkuta
Really now.
I don't like it when you play around with toys like these
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1112, Something_Smart wrote:There haven't been enough votecounts for me to really get a good idea of how wagons have been moving. Why does the wagon exist?
I've made a few as well just FYI
ctrl+f "vork's 100% official vote counts"

Right so updates and shit
S_S can be townbinned
tris is still making it very difficult for me to get a read on her, or for even me to get an impression on her, and me no likey
RCE and NaCl are grinding my gears
fake-PP has toned it down and has been 'productive' to the point of me wanting to give him town-points, however I sense that this behavior change is most likely due to the wagon on him.
norskee feels like he's activating and becoming more comfortable with the game and player-base, so that should help, I approve

The lack of a proper counter-wagon to fake-PP is still vexing.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1085, tris wrote:I don't know. sorry.

I'll figure that out or change my mind when you post more.
lol nice. I'm the one who needs to back up my read? I think burden of proof is on you here.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 pm

In post 1117, Vorkuta wrote:however I sense that this behavior change is most likely due to the wagon on him.
Why does that matter?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

There's being honest, being game-solvey, and playing good faith

Then there's being honest, being game-solvey, and playing in good faith.... while being at L-1 (which he basically is)
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Unstuck in Time »

I've been disengaged from this game but I still maintain Phoenix and ben are votable.

I am willing to L-1 vote Phoenix.

Something_Smart feels very towny to me.

TL
Hydra of TemporalLich and Billy Pilgrim
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:09 pm

In post 1120, Vorkuta wrote:There's being honest, being game-solvey, and playing good faith

Then there's being honest, being game-solvey, and playing in good faith.... while being at L-1 (which he basically is)
Okay, sure.

How is it less towny when it's done at L-1, if it still looks genuine?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1122, Something_Smart wrote:How is it less towny when it's done at L-1, if it still looks genuine?
What even is this question?

Contribution and gamesolves (and all the good stuff) under no pressure whatsoever vs. good stuff under L-1 pressure where the guy is willing to say anything and everything just to diffuse the wagon.
I can't and won't separate "what" a person is saying from "when" a person is saying it.

Like for example (not relevant to this game... I hope :P)- I believe that in a 'dead' game-state, scum has no incentive to post. Thus anyone doing the bare minimum will get town points for doing so. HOWEVER, if the same person, posted the same content, in the middle of a heated discussion, then he won't get as many town points from me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:26 pm

In post 1123, Vorkuta wrote:Contribution and gamesolves (and all the good stuff) under no pressure whatsoever vs. good stuff under L-1 pressure where the guy is willing to say anything and everything just to diffuse the wagon.
Willing doesn't mean able, though. Obviously plenty of people, town and scum alike, try unsuccessfully to get a wagon on them to go away.

Like if someone is able to make genuine-sounding posts as scum whenever they want, why wouldn't they do it all the time? It's not as though getting pressured magically makes scum players better.

Towny posting is posting that's unlikely to come from scum. If you have a specific situational reason why scum would post a certain way in a certain situation. But you're just waving your hand and saying "they did it under pressure, that makes it not towny."

Return to “Completed Open Games”