micro 886: mbos6 william tatney. game ogre

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 am

Post by tris »

@mod V/LA 12-15
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Citceh »

In post 259, DrDolittle wrote:255 - 257 seems pretty town as well
Why is forgetting something from a past game towny? Her natural reaction to it? Could have that same reaction as scum too.
In post 274, DrDolittle wrote:I think you're big scum dude
Other than Hopkirk's change in tone/seriousness, do you have any other reasons to scumread him? I can tell you know that you should write of his memery as mostly NAI, having played with him recently, especially off-site.
In post 278, DrDolittle wrote:Seems like everyone is following your advice to stay out of trouble and be peaceful
Can't fault them for that. Serenity comes from within the soul, and if you look even more closely, you may even find a Paranoid Gun Owner in there.

-Hectic/Serena
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Citceh »

In post 276, Citceh wrote:Having read through the thread I sympathise with Mastina a bit, but it was nice of the mafia not to kill anyone for us after two unexpected deaths.
I will also be doing a proper read through later today.
^This was Lilimip btw.
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Citceh »

In post 301, Citceh wrote:
Other than Hopkirk's change in tone/seriousness, do you have any other reasons to scumread him? I can tell you
know
now
that you should write of his memery as mostly NAI, having played with him recently, especially off-site.
EBAWOOP
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote:Quickly going through mastinas iso, and at the risk of omgus, can you please expound your scum read on me a little bit?

I really don't get the scum reads on you, but I don't understand your scum read on me.

I thank you in advance.
You back Doc? Let's hear your gamesolve; who do we lynch today?
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:37 am

Post by Citceh »

In post 236, mastina wrote: Separately, even though I sincerely doubt that they're scumbuddies, I actually have suspicions about Doctor Drew as well.
In post 237, mastina wrote:Actually.
I prefer this.
VOTE: DrDolittle
He's actually the stronger of the scumreads in the duo of tris/DDL.
In post 290, mastina wrote:Basically you're scumreads-for-lack-of-better-options, whereas ddl I actually feel is legit just obvscum.
How did your read on DDL progress to obvscum between those posts?
In post 290, mastina wrote:None of these are particularly strong, mind you, though I feel that the reasoning on ddl is actually legitimately sound, solid logic which actually incriminates him whereas my scumreads on you and Drew are more like, "I find this suspicious, even though I am not sure it's scum indicative".
What's your sound logic on DDL being scum? Give us examples of fabricated posts if that's the only thing the read originates from.

-Hectic/Sere-na
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Citceh »

In post 294, Doctor Hopson wrote:Apologies all, Watson here for my first post. It seems like I missed the entirety of D1.
First of all Charles selfvote and Expresso's modkill was unfortunate and killed the game slightly. Charles was a null read for me before their flip and Expresso was a solid townread for me before their flip.

Citceh is a strong townlean for me. I've played with both of them enough to understand their mindset and they haven't done anything so far out of place and they've been pushing forward discussion on day one.
Doctor Drew is a townlean with Charles flip on day one and does seem to be trying to figure out the game.
Clemency hasn't posted much so was a null read for me but now they are being replaced. Though getting replaced makes it a very slight null to townlean on them.

I think the game is solved now as assuming it's a scum duo in this set up. It's between mastina, tris, and DrDolittle. I'm leaning towards a drdolittle and tris duo with both voting for mastina.

Tuesday votes:

7:17PM - DrDolittle votes for Mastina
9:09PM - Tris votes Mastina
9:24PM - Mastina votes Tris
9:30PM - Mastina switches to DrDolittle

@Tris: Why do you like me?
@Mastina: Why do you gut townread/lean Clemency despite him not saying much?
@DrDolittle: In post 254, why did you reference that game in particular for reference, it feels selective just to justify your reads. Have you looked at any other games for reference?

P.S. When I looked at my own ISO, I was surprised to find 37 posts already in there...

-
-W.

I don't like this post. Honestly, I kind of struggling to see why you've got us down as such a strong townlean. My activity in particular this game has been lacklustre, and I'm surprised you haven't brought that up as alignment-indicative, as I'm usually a lot more active as town.

What from Doc has given you the impression he's trying to figure out the game? Examples would be helpful.
And a strong townlean on me and a normal townlean on Doc doesn't mean the game is solved?

Your voting analysis is pretty interesting though for implicating Tris/DDL, though it does make me wonder if they'd wagon someone so close to each other if they were both scum.

-Sir-ena/Hectic
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Citceh »

Hop's doing some fine work out there though so I'll continue to townlean the Doctor Hopson slot for now.

Get in here with some tagliatelle, Tris.
Stay calm everyone.

-Hectic/Serena
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

I'm become very concerned at this moment that Citceh is mafia here.

@Doctor Watson: can you take a look at this for me.

-Hop
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Citceh »

In post 307, Doctor Hopson wrote:I'm become very concerned at this moment that Citceh is mafia here.

@Doctor Watson: can you take a look at this for me.

-Hop
Is this serious?

-Hectic/Serena
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

There's some stuff I'm concerned about in your iso. Want to discuss it with some people.

-Hop
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

@Citceh: Meta reasons. Hectic hasn't had a scum game for a while. I'd imagine as scum you would try to mimic your town play a lot more. At least that's how I would think you would play as scum. I like to profile people how they would think. There's not really much to go off on with the short D1 and modkill.

LvE's read list is similar how I read D1 before so I like her.

Dr Drew did defend Charles to a point so that is plus points. The day didn't last long enough to have more of a read. Hence all I have are leans at the moments.

Just a clarification Townleans =/= Townreads

@Hopkirk - Didn't noticed you were here.

-
-W.

Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

@Hopkirk: Is it Hectic or edguf, you're more wary of? Because I think edguf seems townie while Hectic is just being Hectic.
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

Not sure if I said this @DDL so I'll repeat it: my issue with your meta was that you didn't check my scumgames AS WELL as my towngames since I'm well aware I'm not playing like either of them here and you've been framing it as 'Hop isn't playing by his towngame so likely scum' without taking the easy/obvious step to follow up on it. Smells of lazy scum/fake underdeveloped read with mala fide intent.

Concerned about Hectic here. Egduf hasn't posted much/she's not what pinged me.

-Hop
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:28 am

Post by mastina »

In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote:Quickly going through mastinas iso, and at the risk of omgus, can you please expound your scum read on me a little bit?
was 55-45 scum-town.
was 60-40 scum-town.
The read gained some steam in , because the unvote felt forced, something done because it'd look town rather than done for actual logical reasons.
The reads in feel flat.
Overall your content feels like it's not really there.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:29 am

Post by schadd_ »

mislynch bait replaces clemency
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:32 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Hello. Popping in for 5 mi
In post 290, mastina wrote:All originate from the same source: early D1 play feeling forced/fabricated. [...]

None of these are particularly strong, mind you, though I feel that the reasoning on ddl is actually legitimately sound, solid logic which actually incriminates him.
Your case on me is literally - yo drdo is an awkward person that plays fabricated. But this is anything but LEGITIMATELY sound, solid logic. PS, if you go to my backlog of games, you can see that I'm always wagoned up pretty early. I think I just have an awkward playstyle.
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote: I really don't get the scum reads on you, but I don't understand your scum read on me.
Which part of my case on mastina do you not understand - I can elaborate it more? Call it burden of proficiency, call it lurking scumbutt, call it senseless logic, but this is not town mastina playing.
In post 312, Doctor Hopson wrote:Not sure if I said this @DDL so I'll repeat it: my issue with your meta was that you didn't check my scumgames AS WELL as my towngames...
Yeah I understand your concern hop. But this is the only game in which we played together, and you rolled town that game but, as you even admit yourself, is completely different play. I can't comment on your scum games, because I haven't seen it, and hastily made uncareful meta accusations is worse than no meta accusations.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:32 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 314, schadd_ wrote:mislynch bait replaces clemency
!!!
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

I can see Citceh/Drew here.
Sitting back and letting us fight it out so that one of us (Tris/DDL or Mastina/Hopson) gets lynched, then using that to lynch from the other group.
Not a fan of Hectic's reads progressions and Drew feels tactically lurking since d2 began.

-Hop
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:36 am

Post by mastina »

In post 304, Citceh wrote:How did your read on DDL progress to obvscum between those posts?
I reread D1 and read his posts. When I started, I was going off of memory. But then I reread the game and remember JUST how bad Dr Dolittle's posts were--and also remembered that this is the sort of posting which matches my mental map of his scumplay meta.
In post 304, Citceh wrote:What's your sound logic on DDL being scum?
Well for a start. I am like 90% sure this is his scum meta.
and were the initial scumread. His tris's interactions felt like scum theater--even if tris isn't scum, they felt incredibly fake regardless of her alignment.

However.
The real scumread came from .
That post?
Pure scum posting. It is the type of post that I enter the game when I'm scum making: a big post to try and be logical and establish strong stances which generate townreads, but all of it is forced. It is 100% entirely a scumpost. It's what made me go from thinking he's scum vaguely to "oh yeah this guy's lockscum".
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:37 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 301, Citceh wrote:
In post 259, DrDolittle wrote:255 - 257 seems pretty town as well
Why is forgetting something from a past game towny? Her natural reaction to it? Could have that same reaction as scum too.
Other than Hopkirk's change in tone/seriousness, do you have any other reasons to scumread him? I can tell you know that you should write of his memery as mostly NAI, having played with him recently, especially off-site.
In post 278, DrDolittle wrote:Seems like everyone is following your advice to stay out of trouble and be peaceful
Can't fault them for that. Serenity comes from within the soul, and if you look even more closely, you may even find a Paranoid Gun Owner in there.

-Hectic/Serena
1 - Scum is typically more careful because they naturally have less to work with. Anything they come up with, they need to double or triple check to make sure things are in fact correct, and whether mastina was town or scum in a game since very obvious to check
2 - I recall other things that have pinged me, but given this statement, I will drop the meta read a la mathdino. I'll loop back to ISO hop/W again, But right now my biggest scum read is mastina.
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

you rolled town that game but, as you even admit yourself, is completely different play
Honestly it's worse than no meta. My playstyle's definitely changed since then by design. Looking at only one alignment and thinking 'he's playing differently' will just mean you think I'm different in alignment to that game. That's not good since everyone is town a lot more than scum so picking a (effectively) random game is always more likely to make you think I'm more scummy as my style would be different. It's some kind of reverse causation bias that I'm not remembering the name for.

I'm interested in you looking at a scumgame of mine and seeing what you think. I've been indirectly asking this for about a week now and feeling worse about you with every day that passed without you taking initiative to do it, and now I'm asking you directly.

-Hop
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:39 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 320, Doctor Hopson wrote:I'm interested in you looking at a scumgame of mine and seeing what you think. I've been indirectly asking this for about a week now and feeling worse about you with every day that passed without you taking initiative to do it, and now I'm asking you directly.
do you want to link me to you scum games? I'll take a read maybe sometime tomorrow, but its a pretty laborious process
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 315, DrDolittle wrote:Your case on me is literally - yo drdo is an awkward person that plays fabricated.
Yup, sure is!
The problem is your townplay isn't. You think it is, but it actually isn't.
In post 315, DrDolittle wrote:Call it burden of proficiency, call it lurking scumbutt, call it senseless logic, but this is not town mastina playing.
In post 291, mastina wrote:
In post 248, DrDolittle wrote:mastina's a much better player than what 236 exhibits, even when shes disengaged. But those reads sound false.

Like... her best read is still from page 1 on tris? The only association on me is that im off wagon, and somehow i become the biggest scum read.

it much rather sounds like lazy-scum doing positioning, and coming up with nonsensical poe to back it up.
Let me ask a counter question: would you say that it's fair that I am a better scum player than what 236 exhibits?
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

I don't like Citceh/DDL interactions either.

@DDL: what's your read on Citceh? You've been disturbingly quiet on them.

-Hop
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:46 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 322, mastina wrote:
In post 315, DrDolittle wrote:Your case on me is literally - yo drdo is an awkward person that plays fabricated.
Yup, sure is!
The problem is your townplay isn't. You think it is, but it actually isn't.
In post 315, DrDolittle wrote:Call it burden of proficiency, call it lurking scumbutt, call it senseless logic, but this is not town mastina playing.
In post 291, mastina wrote:
In post 248, DrDolittle wrote:mastina's a much better player than what 236 exhibits, even when shes disengaged. But those reads sound false.

Like... her best read is still from page 1 on tris? The only association on me is that im off wagon, and somehow i become the biggest scum read.

it much rather sounds like lazy-scum doing positioning, and coming up with nonsensical poe to back it up.
Let me ask a counter question: would you say that it's fair that I am a better scum player than what 236 exhibits?
:thinking: but this is my townplay?
on one hand i appreciate you liking my town play. but on the other im not sure you have seen my town play and your read on me this game seems pretty clear evidence of that.

i don't know about your scum play, but your town play is definitely better than 236 exhibits.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”