Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:01 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1147, Vorkuta wrote:If you did research on my scum play, you'd also know that I prioritize a team victory and would never selfishly insist on a play like that when/if there are more optimal alternatives at hand.
Also what would I hypothetically even do once I "flip zombie"?
What PR's would you have picked as scum with 3 points then?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

So you do think Vorka is scum?
- Phoenix
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:04 am

I'm not very good at reading Vorkuta.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:05 am

I realize that was a sidestep. The implied answer, which is the correct one, is "I don't know yet."
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Interesting line of questioning, but you know that I'm more confident in my mechanics
I've already laid out my thought process on the setup-spec much earlier and I thought we moved past that

I'd've counter picked 'optimally', but probably not have insisted on getting the zombie if that was the play to make.

Godfather maybe because I'm traumatized from always being 'investigated' (Musicals, """EICN""", My Cats), but that's if there was a priest & another cop shot.
However it would depend on "my" scum team- if we had a veteran/experienced player who could pick out the cop invest. target, then ghost and witch.
Vampire (and witch) if only 1 priest and/or 3 TPRs as I don't think ""ignoring"" a hypo-trickster is a viable option.

IMHO Zombie is a dedicated counterpick to the "perceived" lack of shots from TPRs (prolly into angels)- all it does is potentially buy an earlier day of LyLo, and even then it's optimal to lynch a conf!zombie as it guarantees either a no-kill gambit to rez, or to give up the zombie.

pedit
Yeah I'm "not bad" at obv!towning on the first day as either alignment, but then something happens and I get caught :(
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Hoptic »

In post 887, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 853, Platinum Phoenix wrote:What you're doing is convenient what you're doing is rolefishing and what you're doing is easy to avoid accountability over
I don't hard scumread you but none of my preferred wagons are going anywhere. I do however have issue with you trying to intimidate me into an unvote instead of trying to show your perspective.

Everyone is scumreading me isn't a good defense. It's also a weird angle to argue I'm scum if all of your top scumreads are actually town. Break that down for me actually because it seems like you think I'm stranded scum and or paired with new players.
In post 974, RCEnigma wrote:My townblock is me, Gamma, Norwegian, Unstuck.
So who are you scumreading now and why? Where's your read on Phoenix at?
Read through your ISO and there's basically no content. You mentioned that's typical so I'm not treating it as scummy until I have a chance to verify that. What I dislike is that you don't seem to be pushing anyone while kind of being on the Phoenix wagon and your only reads are consensus townreads as town.

Ben is probably town.
NaCL feels concerning to me but I'm struggling to put it into words.

-Hop
Hoptic
Hoptic
Goon
Hoptic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:39 am

Post by Hoptic »

Town
Unstuck/PenguinPower/Benhalkum/Norwegianboy/Gamma/Tris/ maybe Salt
Vorkuta: Currently a townlean but uneasy feelings especially if say NaCL/RCEnigma flip scum

Need to read Platinum Pheonix properly again and probably discuss with Hectic.

-Hop
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:45 am

Post by tris »

So, you think Vorkuta could be busing here?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 am

Post by tris »

@Phoenix, why did you unvote, and why haven't you revoted? Do you not scumread Gamma anymore?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:30 am

Post by tris »

I wish there was a way to ISO one head of a hydra
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:41 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1155, Hoptic wrote:
In post 853, Platinum Phoenix wrote:What you're doing is convenient what you're doing is rolefishing and what you're doing is easy to avoid accountability over
I don't hard scumread you but none of my preferred wagons are going anywhere. I do however have issue with you trying to intimidate me into an unvote instead of trying to show your perspective.

Everyone is scumreading me isn't a good defense. It's also a weird angle to argue I'm scum if all of your top scumreads are actually town. Break that down for me actually because it seems like you think I'm stranded scum and or paired with new players.
Read through your ISO and there's basically no content. You mentioned that's typical so I'm not treating it as scummy until I have a chance to verify that. What I dislike is that you don't seem to be pushing anyone while kind of being on the Phoenix wagon and your only reads are consensus townreads as town.

Ben is probably town.

-Hop
I'm still against pretty much all the hydras +Vork. Vork is probably the only one that can take off but if he's scum I'm pretty sure I live the night. Killing me off is a blatant scumclaim. The rest I'll have more ammo on tomorrow, if I get invested in the game I guess.

I just want ohfrz to stop sweet talking me because I think half the Hydra is townish and then there's Menalque.

Norwegian didn't have any support behind him until after I gave that read. And the reasoning wasn't even really about him it was the slots around him. So seeing who swung to townreads on him after that will be interesting.

Faux PP hasn't done enough to swing my vote away, I considered it for a bit but I think a red flip on him can bring other PP into my townblock and the game gets pretty easy from there.
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:43 am

In post 1158, tris wrote:@Phoenix, why did you unvote, and why haven't you revoted? Do you not scumread Gamma anymore?
because gamma posting has gotten better. i havent revoted because i don't have strong enough of a scumread on anyone to vote.
In post 1159, tris wrote:I wish there was a way to ISO one head of a hydra
if it's our hydra, i can help u with that.
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:44 am

In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1155, Hoptic wrote:

Ben is probably town.

-Hop
I'm still against pretty much all the hydras +Vork. Vork is probably the only one that can take off but if he's scum I'm pretty sure I live the night. Killing me off is a blatant scumclaim. The rest I'll have more ammo on tomorrow, if I get invested in the game I guess.

I just want ohfrz to stop sweet talking me because I think half the Hydra is townish and then there's Menalque.

Norwegian didn't have any support behind him until after I gave that read. And the reasoning wasn't even really about him it was the slots around him. So seeing who swung to townreads on him after that will be interesting.

Faux PP hasn't done enough to swing my vote away, I considered it for a bit but I think a red flip on him can bring other PP into my townblock and the game gets pretty easy from there.
RCE, why are you playing off of "what if" scenarios? If your only reasoning for townbinning PP is because of our slot you should really find a different angle
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:44 am

your read on norwegian, for instance, is a better way to spend the rest of this day
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:I'm still against pretty much all the hydras +Vork
So there's "staged" cross-fighting against the hydras?
Mighty convenient.
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:Killing me off is a blatant scumclaim
:igmeou:
Is this about #? Because you've literally just "k"d to it and nothing more.
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:I just want ohfrz to stop sweet talking me because I think half the Hydra is townish and then there's Menalque.
such original thought process, much parroting
tbf, Menalque accused you (us) of colluding so there's that to reconcile as well
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

What is even going on right now? Last vote count is like 5 pages back. Ugh, it's hard to follow this.
In post 1136, PenguinPower wrote:Can we get this to L-1 and lynch or move on pls?

I'm not a fan of the talking without voting stuff.
I kinda feel the same way as you do right now.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Now is as good a time as any for volume 2

{PP, GE, S_S}
{UiT, NorskEE, Hop}
{BS, Ben}
{fake-PP, RCE, Tris, NaCl}

Pretty sure I made my position on the core!town block and fake-PP quite clear so there's that.
Hop and UiT are really a mixed bag when it comes to reading each hydra head, especially with their different voices and personalities, and... 'agendas' that each head pushes, but I don't want to include a null tier so they can have the benefit of the doubt.

NorskEE has stepped it up and gotten more confident so he's allowed to be up here.

Ben.... has... disappeared.... somewhere.... once again.
BS is as above ^. I like the o head and dislike the m head.

Tris's presence in game is.... lackluster, and IMHO perfectly fits the pattern of scum who's perfectly fine with casual pop-in questions without any substance to avoid suspicion. Like MAYBE there's the offchance that she's making reads and analyzing things, but the... 'randomness' of her questions isn't something I like.
Plus- I completely forgot my impression of her, and breezing under my radar is hard (I think)

I thought I was going somewhere with my RCE analysis with around # but then he just completely ignores my # which triggers me
His recent posting has been painful to read and is probably just okham's razor scum!posting than me coming up with other explanations for the guy.
Like I'm used to town!RCE 'dominating' and 'controlling' the game in a productive and forward way. This isn't it.

As somebody else rightfully pointed out NaCl triggers me, and I have no idea why I've been pursuing other agendas over this guy.
A reread of his ISO shows more emphasis on setup-spec than... anything else, and his # seems.... what's the term... I forgot the buzzword of the day to describe it.
Doesn't help that he's also on the low end of the activity count so tris's arguments from ^ apply here as well.
Lone-wolfing is a nice cherry on top that I dislike
Spoiler:
In post 425, Vorkuta wrote:{PP, GE, BS}
{RCE, UiT}
{NosrkEE, fake-PP, Hop}

Say literally anything please tier: {NaCl, Ben, Tris, CJ}

Oh man this readlist is so not confusing at all
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Vorkuta's 100% guaranteed to be correct or your money back VC
Edition #3- back due to popular request
Just stole this from Baezu- only 2 changes since then

Platinum Phoenix (5) L-2~
, , , ,
benhalkum (1) ~

RCEnigma (1) ~

norwegianboyEE (1) ~

S_S (1) ~
Tris (#)
NaCl (1) ~
Vorkuta (#)

Not Voting (3) ~
Something_Smart, , ,
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1162, Platinum Phoenix wrote:RCE, why are you playing off of "what if" scenarios? If your only reasoning for townbinning PP is because of our slot you should really find a different angle
I'm not playing the game around PP and I'm not historically good at reading him. So why wouldn't I use a situation that makes logical sense to me to base a read around. Or I could ignore he's in the game entirely I guess. But I like his memes.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:15 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1164, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:I'm still against pretty much all the hydras +Vork
So there's "staged" cross-fighting against the hydras?
Mighty convenient.
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:Killing me off is a blatant scumclaim
Is this about #? Because you've literally just "k"d to it and nothing more.
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:I just want ohfrz to stop sweet talking me because I think half the Hydra is townish and then there's Menalque.
such original thought process, much parroting
tbf, Menalque accused you (us) of colluding so there's that to reconcile as well
Why would I need to reconcile anything? Unless you're intentionally setting up my mislynch in case you flip.

What about 1036?

Aaand heres my Hydra rant. Idk I kind of place the blame on hydras that don't communicate and consolidate in their pt how they are approaching reads. It shouldn't be on individual players to discern multiple playstyles they may clash with naturally and multiple conflicting reads within 1 slot. It's not an interest of mine tbh. But hey.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:19 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:Norwegian didn't have any support behind him until after I gave that read. And the reasoning wasn't even really about him it was the slots around him. So seeing who swung to townreads on him after that will be interesting.
I'm gonna take this back actually, gamma and Hoptic both expressed townreads on Norwegian I just didn't make the Asgard = Norwegian connection.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:20 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1169, RCEnigma wrote: Aaand heres my Hydra rant. Idk I kind of place the blame on hydras that don't communicate and consolidate in their pt how they are approaching reads. It shouldn't be on individual players to discern multiple playstyles they may clash with naturally and multiple conflicting reads within 1 slot. It's not an interest of mine tbh. But hey.
That’s why we lynch the hydras first. :wink:
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1169, RCEnigma wrote:Aaand heres my Hydra rant
No like I get it
In post 785, Vorkuta wrote:I'm just going to say this out loud to absolutely no hydra in particular: blaming shit on your other head, especially if it doesn't go down the way you want to, should be policy'd
However "all of them" in your scum pool is mighty convenient and feels like you just want as many D1 mislynch options as possible
In post 1169, RCEnigma wrote:What about 1036?
It was bad and you dayvigged me over it so, yet you still refuse to update your garbage logic there with a response
In post 1169, RCEnigma wrote:Why would I need to reconcile anything?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1036, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1035, RCEnigma wrote:For one you always play differently around FL
Fake and gay.
I play differently depending on how many good players there are (including papa leaf) in my game, and depending on how over-gamed I am.
Also... I was the mason. There's literally nothing to do as a "confirmed" mason
In post 1035, RCEnigma wrote:the town leader position
ooh pick me! pick mee!!!

yeah fair I suppose
In post 1035, RCEnigma wrote:Plus FB/Elsa
get your replacements straight
In post 1035, RCEnigma wrote:I think the veterans in this playerlist are a lot more passive early and that gives scum space to work.
*looks at activity log*
k
oh wow S_S is so passive *smh*

TL;DR, I don't buy this analysis, I don't understand what its trying to convey, and I don't understand how that translates to potential concrete reads/tactics in this game.

-Yes you do, in a noticeable way.

-Elsa replaced FB in jazz

- I don't get what the thing about SS is about. Gamma is hit or miss with activity, PP is like an omniscient presence till late game almost always. Same with SS. I'm just throwing bananas at my keys 80% of the time but I kind of count as veteran. You count as well and I wouldn't call your town game passive but I don't often see you pushing your reads hard or taking control of the town outside of mechanics related play.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1173, RCEnigma wrote:-Yes you do, in a noticeable way.
Is papa leaf in this game right now?
Or am I playing differently around all the other players here as well?
This shade is unwarranted
In post 1173, RCEnigma wrote:-Elsa replaced FB in jazz
*inhales*
You know that the slot was scum in Jazz.
In post 1173, RCEnigma wrote:You count as well
:oops:
In post 1173, RCEnigma wrote:I don't often see you pushing your reads hard
Because my D1 reads have pretty much always been notoriously bad/wrong/invalid and I myself am aware of this fact...?
Also I can't push a current scum!read (salt) when he's... being like this.
It just doesn't work.

I don't want to do the thing where people go "hey *random player*, come vote *this guy* with me" as I don't think so.
I have a solid case against salt in this case, and multiple people have acknowledged it. It's out of my hands as to whether people think he's worth following up on, just keeping an eye on him, or outright dismissing.

Once again- the logic and rebuttals are bad and don't come from the town!RCE that I'm used to.

Return to “Completed Open Games”