Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:28 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 455, Spangled wrote:@EP
What’s your take on LUV, post-NC 39’s observation about how consensus seems to be that LUV is scum?
NC raises an interesting point, but I'm not comfortable enough with it to put LUV in my coalition.

First, I want active people in my coalition so I have a better chance at correctly sorting them. Putting LUV in because of inactivity and everyone else's behaviour seems backwards.

Second, all of my previous thoughts on LUV still apply. If we consider LUV's universal scum read ("USR") as a town factor in reading him, I'm still left with:
In post 369, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 368, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: EspressoPatronum
LUV, for
two
three
four reasons:
1. The lurking
2. I didn't like his early posts
3. I don't like his recent posts
4. I don't like the OMGUS vote
To expand:

1. My experience thus far has scum lurks surprisingly often. I even advocate for lurker policy lynches in most of my games bcz of how often I've seen scum skate by under the radar by lurking.

2. He wasn't helpful early. Telling us to ignore the mechanics of the game was anti-town. His early RC tr looks like he was trying to avoid attention. Alchemist gave a meta reason for his read, but I recall LUV leaving the TR without any reasons.

3. I disagreed with most of his catch-up posts. I also think that anyone touting a 'low activity' meta for town is doing a disservice to everyone else playing.

4. He again provided no reasons for what he was doing. I'm not even sure if OMGUS is scum indicative, but it's not a good look either way.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:57 am

I'm not as sure about my Gamma read anymore. I'll revisit it tonight.

@Gamma, if you get the chance today, could you link me some of your scum games?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Spangled »

HEAL: Spangled, EspressoPatronum, RC most awesomest, YOUAREGREAT, NC 39
I am going to be so bloody paranoid if this fails, and it’s absolutely open to change, but for now this feels pretty decent.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:19 pm

In post 476, EspressoPatronum wrote:I'm not as sure about my Gamma read anymore. I'll revisit it tonight.

Nvm. I thought for a moment that maybe Gamma doesn't post very much as scum (he was a middle poster in nsg's coalition game), but I don't think that's right. He was top 3 in posts as scum in Pokemon Fusion U-Pick.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 474, Alchemist21 wrote:Lmao.

“If Alchemist is Townreading anyone it’s appeasement you guys.”

Fuck outta here with that bs. You’re coming up with any reason to scumread me because you don’t like that I’m scumreading you.
In post 472, Hectic wrote: if people want me to paint an Alchemist!scum that i don't actually believe, i can do that though
:igmeou:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 476, EspressoPatronum wrote:I'm not as sure about my Gamma read anymore. I'll revisit it tonight.

Still want this?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 394, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 352, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 206, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, RC most awesomest wrote:sky give extension

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
In post 353, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 244, NC 39 wrote:LUV is still scum.

RC is town.

HURT: LUV

HEAL: RC

not a big fan of Gamma randomly trying to apply pressure to me.

Don't like how Alchem is ignoring me as I think that often comes from scum.

And still, dislike Spangled.

but thats too many scum reads. So I'm wrong on 2 of those 4.

HEAL: RC most awesomest, Hectic, EspressoPatronum, NC 39 is a rock-solid coalition but I'm hesitant to add Clemency as some of his posts pinged me earlier.

So basically, who are the other town between Clem, Gamma, Alchem, and Spangled and I guess LUV in case I'm wrong but I don't think I am?
Nancy you can’t read me and Nero you always scum read me. I’m not scum here and I think if I was I would probably be a lot more active and playing like EP.
In post 368, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: EspressoPatronum
LUV can you elaborate on your EP read?
The poor reasoning.

Lurking isn’t AI. I know there are many players like EP who think it is but until he can tell me how I’m manipulating the game state in my favor by intentional doing it, that point is basically invalid. I’d argue that it’s obvious I’m town lurking here because I do not care that people notice. I mean I’ve been prodded like 3 times already. I’d also argue that it’s obvious because a simple glance at my other ongoing games would show that my lurking here is out of disinterest and laziness. There is also real life constraints and play style quirks that he’s failing to acknowledge as well.

When I signed up for this game I didn’t think there was going to be an insane amount of focus on winning Day 1. I actually thought we would just scum hunt normally and once we have decided on a lynch together, put the towniest people in a coalition and hope for the best. I don’t think having this belief or approach makes me scum.

He calls my reads weak but never attempts to ask me about them. Not once did he ask me to expand.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 479, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 474, Alchemist21 wrote:Lmao.

“If Alchemist is Townreading anyone it’s appeasement you guys.”

Fuck outta here with that bs. You’re coming up with any reason to scumread me because you don’t like that I’m scumreading you.
In post 472, Hectic wrote: if people want me to paint an Alchemist!scum that i don't actually believe, i can do that though
:igmeou:
Last line in his post has him saying he’s convincing himself. He’s going OMGUS here.

Also, that was a really Towny post from LUV imo. I don’t agree with his EP read but his defense is in-line with the posts he’s made since his entrance and I think that really is the sentiment disengaged Town would have here.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:03 pm

In post 481, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: [..]
Lurking isn’t AI. I know there are many players like EP who think it is but until he can tell me how I’m manipulating the game state in my favor by intentional doing it, that point is basically invalid. [...]
You said the same thing in Ruby Mafia about my lurker post. Plot twist - 2 of the 4 lurkers in that game were scum! Not ALL lurkers are mafia, but I would say there's a greater than random chance of lurkers being scum.

As stated to you in Ruby Mafia, the scum team doesn't have just 1 objective. Some manipulate the game state while others try to make it to the end game. Lurker is a means of achieving the latter.
[..]
He calls my reads weak but never attempts to ask me about them. Not once did he ask me to expand.
Or you could be proactive and expand on your reads without being asked.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Didn’t town end up winning that game?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:11 pm

@Alch who's your fifth btw? I did a quick check and I think you're at Alch, RCMA, NC and EP.

@Spangled can you tell me more about your GREAT addition? Who would you consider swapping for the 5th position + who are you deadset on not including?

@RCMA what does your updated coalition look like?

@Hectic if you were forced to not include yourself in the coalition, who would you pick?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:12 pm

In post 484, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Didn’t town end up winning that game?
Yeah, we clutched it out on mechanics.

One of the lurkers subbed out + we caught the other one bcz of his lurking and a few other things.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:15 pm

In post 480, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Still want this?
Yes plz.

I tried doing it myself, but you've played a ton of games + I didn't feel like sifting through all of them. I called it quits after like 4 games :P
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 485, EspressoPatronum wrote:Alch who's your fifth btw? I did a quick check and I think you're at Alch, RCMA, NC and EP.
I don’t have an official 5th yet. It’s going to be either Spangled or Luv.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by Spangled »

So I’ve been thinking about this, and around his Alch case, Hectic goes ‘oh I actually don’t scumread him despite voting him, but I’ll scumcase him anyway’.
Makes a pretty rubbish, OMGUS-y case — it raised some occasional okay points, but it has a shadow of ‘townreads without reasons are scum!appeasement’ all over it, which really makes no sense.
‘Oh, I scumread them now, actually, look at that; how nicely have I backed up my previous action without explaining it’.

This looks like an attempt to gain towncred by ‘reconsidering’ your read on someone; notice the interesting timing — I had just stated that I townread how Gamma and NC 39 were re-reading (reconsidering) some of their reads and then Hectic tries to cash in on it, just after.

This is t/s, I think. Could be s/s, but I sort of doubt that, especially with Alch’s incredulous-sounding reaction in his responding post — although I can see it being scum theater, but I’m quite doubtful on that — although a Hectic scumflip should not clear Alch, and a Hectic townflip should not conf!town Alch, far from it. I’m leaning scum being Hectic, here, and thus I will VOTE: Hectic

I do feel a bit paranoid on him, and I feel like Hectic has displayed at least a little bit of basic towniness for a while — like his analysis of EP just before his rubbish case — so I could be persuaded elsewhere if people have reasons; I’m not going to lock Hectic as scum and deathtunnel (although I am comfortable leaving my vote there, for sure), but I’d love a defence from you, Hectic, especially about that case on Alch — because by and large, it sucked.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 485, EspressoPatronum wrote: @Spangled can you tell me more about your GREAT addition? Who would you consider swapping for the 5th position + who are you deadset on not including?
I did a GREAT towncase a bit ago; it’s here; I’m not going to quote it because it was a bit of a wallpost, but it sums up my thoughts on how towny GREAT has been so far.

Um, I didn’t really order that coalition in any particular order besides the order in which I remembered people — but as to who I’m deadset on not including, that’d be Alch and Hectic, pretty much.

People I’d consider swapping — I’ll be bluntly honest, you and NC 39 could both go, for Gamma potentially and
maybe
for LUV; I quite liked , because we have had a pretty insane amount of focus on getting the right coalition, and people win 9p mountainous. That’s the truth; they do it. Sometimes even without scumlynches D1 :lol:
I know it’s incredible, but it happens.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Spangled »

@mod
Sorry if you know this already (and you probably do7, but I think RCMA needs a prod
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 470, Alchemist21 wrote:The more it went on the more it seemed to me that NC 39/Gamma interaction was T/S. Gamma being willing to reconsider makes them look better but at this point I think I’m pretty confident in calling NC 39 Town.

HEAL: NC 39
Can you talk about this, Alchemist?
You say that NC 39/Gamma is t/s, but then that Gamma is looking better, but then that NC 39 is town? I don’t know about you, but that seems like a contradiction in terms. Am I missing something here?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Post by Spangled »

@LUV
Got any scumreads besides EP? Maybe sort of an idea of what coalition you might make?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I wish I could tell who has been mostly posting from the NC 39 hydra because I would have more of a read of my own there. I definitely don’t want them in though because I’ve been feeling the same way you and Great have been about them.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Gamma could be scum but I’m not sure if I’m just annoyed at him still voting me.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:28 pm

Post by NC 39 »

@Spangled, if you’re now tr LUV and since I was the one who first expressed concern over all of the sr on him, I really don’t understand your recent thought process on this.

Also @LUV are you planning on creating a coalition yourself and if so, who would you put into it.

I am not at all rigid wrt to my coalition choices but with the deadline close approaching, we need no less than 5 people to be in sync on 5 players.

I really don’t understand how you’re so solid on GREAT.

As for Gamma, ISO’d a few of their scumgames and I didn’t see this kind of re-evaluation in any of them. His play has been extremely baffling to me but that did read sincere to me, so I honestly don’t know what to think about it.

I really hope that RCMA aren’t repping out, we really need their input, so it’s so close to the deadline and it doesn’t look like we’re any closer to a consensus.

I know and am willing to change my coalition picks, in order to get it passed, because rn, it’s not looking like it’s even happening.
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 494, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I wish I could tell who has been mostly posting from the NC 39 hydra because I would have more of a read of my own there. I definitely don’t want them in though because I’ve been feeling the same way you and Great have been about them.
Which is what exactly?

This is Nancy btw.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 292, Spangled wrote:I have had a kind of weird scum-gut-read for a while on NC 39 because of occasionally abrasive interaction with me, but I looked over both my and their ISO and I’m pretty sure that I have been equally at fault in my abrasiveness — see my previous post for an example, actually, now that I think about it — toward them, and I feel like it’s a kind of semi-instinctive OMGUS that I should
probably
ignore.
In post 323, YOUAREGREAT wrote:not a fan of this post. so far, NC's gameplay feels like it's a lot of style over substance. he outs a lot of reads and fronts confidently but i don't really get the impression there's much of a genuine thought process behind his play. i like his pressure on alchemist, but it feels like he's too eager to catch him in a "gotcha" moment.

same with him writing off gamma's sr on him as "weak accusations". it feels like his default mode is defensive and afraid
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 450, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.12

Coalitions:

Hectic (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled
EspressoPatronum (5): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest, Spangled

NC 39 (4): EspressoPatronum, Hectic, NC 39, RC most awesomest

Alchemist21 (3): Alchemist21, EspressoPatronum, RC most awesomest

Gamma Emerald (2): Gamma Emerald, RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest (2): RC most awesomest, Alchemist21

YOUAREGREAT (0):
Lil Uzi Vert (0):
Spangled (0):

Lynch:

Lil Uzi Vert (2): Gamma Emerald, EspressoPatronum
Spangled (1): RC most awesomest
Alchemist21 (1): Hectic
EspressoPatronum (1): Lil Uzi Vert
Hectic (1): YOUAREGREAT

Not Voting (3): NC 39, Spangled, Alchemist21

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.
Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
Serious question @LUV. You were the one who complained about the extension and with a little over 3 days to go, you arbitrarily shade us w/o giving any reasons, yet don’t propose your own coalition and this is concerning since RCMA correctly pointed out the extreme importance of the mechanic you are - for God knows what reasons - so dismissive of.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”