micro 886: mbos6 william tatney. game ogre

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:59 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

In post 306, Citceh wrote:Hop's doing some fine work out there though so I'll continue to townlean the Doctor Hopson slot for now.

Get in here with some tagliatelle, Tris.
Stay calm everyone.

-Hectic/Serena
What changed my read is that when I start feeling concerned that I'm being buddied I like to reread.

I initially assumed the lack of activity from you today was for irl stuff from both slots. Didn't like the lack of stances you took in your catch up. You had a town on one part of Hopson and scummy on the other part, then asked a couple of questions. I don't feel like you took any stances there and scum-you in this scenario gets a lot out of not defusing the conflict where Mastina/Hopkirk and Tris/DDL are being considered as two scumteams. I don't think your reads are developing super naturally right now, it feels like you're delaying forming an opinion so that you can see how things play out.

You've been kind of soft defending me while leaving yourself open to voting me later. If you had a townread on my slot then I'm very surprised that you didn't comment at all on DDL's odd meta read on me. When you mentioned it you only addressed the 'memeing' part, and you don't really seem to have weighed in on with an opinion on my meta except 'memeing probably isn't AI' which isn't really what DDL is criticizing here.

-Hop
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:31 am

Post by DrDolittle »

@Hop I commented on your meta in . But I also didn't like what you had, as stated in and , in particular related to you being hypocritical, and leading away conversation. Granted it's pretty weak, but at page 5 or so, it was the best I got.

Regardless, going to read the games that you cited right now, but I wonder whether I'll be able to conclude anything, since I'm not too good at meta unless I actually played in the game.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:36 am

Post by tris »

What do you two think of Drew?
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:43 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 333, Citceh wrote:
@DRDoLittle:
I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on Mastina's . Why is she wrong?

-Hecterena
Let's talk this, actually. This is mastina's critique:
[DrDo's Post 97 is] Pure scum posting. It is the type of post that I enter the game when I'm scum making: a big post to try and be logical and establish strong stances which generate townreads, but all of it is forced. It is 100% entirely a scumpost. It's what made me go from thinking he's scum vaguely to "oh yeah this guy's lockscum".
It's sounds reasonable, until you thinka bout closely: hey being logical and trying to take stances is what town does. The only thing in there that accusatory is that it is "forced". That becomes a subjective statement then you need to go back and look at - is it forced? I argue a bit that it comes from that I may post awkwardly at first, and then she responds
Yup, sure is!
The problem is your townplay isn't. You think it is, but it actually isn't.
But it's nonsense, and I reiterate this in 324
:thinking: but this is my townplay?
on one hand i appreciate you liking my town play. but on the other im not sure you have seen my town play and your read on me this game seems pretty clear evidence of that.
So either she's using a very subjective accusation on me and framing it as objective, and then supporting it by lying and misreping my meta - anyone who's played with me knows I get rang up in every game pretty early on - both of these makes me fairly certain that mastina will give a scum flip.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 330, Citceh wrote:
In post 318, mastina wrote:
In post 304, Citceh wrote:How did your read on DDL progress to obvscum between those posts?
I reread D1 and read his posts. When I started, I was going off of memory. But then I reread the game and remember JUST how bad Dr Dolittle's posts were--and also remembered that this is the sort of posting which matches my mental map of his scumplay meta.
In post 304, Citceh wrote:What's your sound logic on DDL being scum?
Well for a start. I am like 90% sure this is his scum meta.
and were the initial scumread. His tris's interactions felt like scum theater--even if tris isn't scum, they felt incredibly fake regardless of her alignment.

However.
The real scumread came from .
That post?
Pure scum posting. It is the type of post that I enter the game when I'm scum making: a big post to try and be logical and establish strong stances which generate townreads, but all of it is forced. It is 100% entirely a scumpost. It's what made me go from thinking he's scum vaguely to "oh yeah this guy's lockscum".
Might sheep this. Heard you're some kind of a good player, right Mastina?

VOTE: DrDoLittle L-1

No need to claim yet though.

-Hectic/Serene-a
Why is it that people think that I am a good town player when I tell them repeatedly, and am demonstrably, not a good one? I made a name for myself as a damn good scum player, but not once have I ever been a good town player.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:14 am

Post by mastina »

I mean.
I can scare scumteams. I know that quite often, I intimidate scum to the point where they are afraid of me to some extent, but objectively I am a shitty player. Not good at scumhunting, bullheaded, stubborn, prone to tunneling town, usually fighting town, dragging the town in the wrong direction. I have a saving grace of competency at setup spec, but even there, I'm not immune to making game-costing erroneous assessments.

What makes me be good in anyone's eyes?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 am

Post by mastina »

In post 339, tris wrote:I find both mastina and dolittle to be scummy, so I'm not sure where to go here.

The points mastina is making are a good argument, but she doesn't seem like town her. Why is that, mastina?
You asked that already and I didn't answer. The reason I didn't is, what answer is there to give? I am town. I generally am incredibly self aware; I have a good understanding of when I am acting as my usual town self and when I am just "off"…
…And this game? I don't feel off. I don't feel different than usual. I don't see a difference and I don't get why you think that there is one.

I have a disinterest in this game, true enough, and that has affected the passion of my reads, in the sense of not really strongly being attached to them yet also not really trying to evolve them, but while I obviously would prefer that to not happen, it happens almost every game at some point or another, so I know it can't be that.

And if it's not that, then what IS it? I don't see anything, I don't feel anything, I am my normal self. So I can't answer, because you're asking for me to identify what the source of a nonexistent thing is.

If you think that this is different from my town self, then simply put: your model of my town self isn't accurate.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:31 am

Post by mastina »

Phone's being an ass, so re: ddl:]Being logical and trying to take stances isn't what town do; it's what scum think town would do, especially at that point in the game.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:36 am

Post by tris »

In post 355, mastina wrote:I mean.
I can scare scumteams. I know that quite often, I intimidate scum to the point where they are afraid of me to some extent, but objectively I am a shitty player. Not good at scumhunting, bullheaded, stubborn, prone to tunneling town, usually fighting town, dragging the town in the wrong direction. I have a saving grace of competency at setup spec, but even there, I'm not immune to making game-costing erroneous assessments.

What makes me be good in anyone's eyes?
For example, mbos4. :)
In post 356, mastina wrote: I have a disinterest in this game, true enough, and that has affected the passion of my reads, in the sense of not really strongly being attached to them yet also not really trying to evolve them, but while I obviously would prefer that to not happen, it happens almost every game at some point or another, so I know it can't be that.
This might be it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:22 am

Post by mastina »

I hard tunneled two town D1, directly rallied the town to lynch town when before I was playing they were considering lynching scum, hard defended scum even in the 3p lylo where I thought it was more likely that the other town player was scum slowrolling rather than following my own rule of Occam's razor, protected scum when handed a protective role, intended to instavote town in 3p lylo and only couldn't because my intended vote was the night kill, and was absent during the critical time I needed to be around both in 5p lylo (day ended before I could better explain myself, which would've put me in a better position in the final day) and in the 3p lylo (was absent when the hammer vote was being considered so didn't get a chance to rebuke the scum).

What about that game is good?
It's scary; it's intimidating. But the only reason scum didn't stomp is through two consecutive tactical errors in assessment of the gamestate. I literally did everything possible to hand them the win on a silver platter, it was only them not realizing that I had done so which made the game be even remotely close.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:28 am

Post by tris »

No, that's an example of you being bad town.
Doctor Hopson
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Doctor Hopson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Doctor Hopson »

@351
In post 100, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 86, Doctor Hopson wrote:The unannounced L1.
Any opinion on Drew.
The wagon.
The alleged meta the other doc referenced.
Charles disliking DDL (unclear how Drew read DDL).

What was the point of that question btw?

-H
what's your comments on any of these?
I'd already commented on this explicitly or implicitly as it was a summary of what I'd been looking at.
So did you not have a problem with Citceh not weighing in on those topics?

Saying 61 is trying to shift attention is pretty disingenuous. I talk about you/Tris and place my vote based on it. Citceh later mentions to you that as two people who know me, the second comment was a joke aimed at them as it's a comment I make fairly frequently so this shouldn't hold up as 'derailing'.

-Hop
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

In post 349, Citceh wrote:Whoops, forgot the BOLD, schadd specified that for some odd reason.

DayVig: Mislynch Bait.

-Hectic/Bobby
OH FUCK I DIED

GG WE LOSE I'M ACTUALLY LYNCHPROOF COP
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

I got time to finally read this tomorrow btw and I'm prob gonna outs some scums
So if u hammer before then that means ur wolf
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 am

Post by tris »

In post 352, tris wrote:What do you two think of Drew?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 364, tris wrote:
This.

I need some heat to get my energy up for this game.

I stand by Citceh as scum though.....I will be vindicated.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Acknowledging 361 and 359 and will respond.

MLB is pretty smart so looking forward to his solve
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 364, tris wrote:
Drew is less scummy than hop mastina and maybe you
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

Back
In post 35, DrDolittle wrote:I know Egduf personally. DrDrew and I will unveil this meta since its good for everyone
I isoed u and see that theres a lack of read on egduf/citeh
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

So just page 2 in and we already got the first scummy person
*drum roll*
Its Tris!

- She started off with a joke entrance
- then votes piled up and she turned serious then asks if the townreads on her on page 1 is real could be trying to direct attention somewhere else (the only person who townread her was clememcy btw my slot so I know he's town)
In post 29, tris wrote:
In post 28, Citceh wrote:
In post 7, tris wrote:Does anyone know who william tatney is?
Still Bobby speaking. This is CLEARLY an attempt to direct discussion towards non game-related and scum-finding stuff. How DISAPPOINTING. Let's lynch her with a THERMONUCLEAR WARHEAD. Glad to see we have you on our side, Mastina. Hope you enjoyed my fucking fantastic read. That's all from me for a couple of weeks.

VOTE: tris
I can't help but wonder about things in a mystery box game. But, rest assured; I will not avoid the scumhunting.

--------------------------------

Are the either of the townreads on me serious?
- then L-1 happened and she suspected ddl for putting her at L-1 without any warning and she started doing playing seriously

You could say that tris panicked because of the joke wagon on her but looking at ddl switch it was also scummy so dds/tris got high chance being t/s
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

Uh ye ddl/tris unlikely to be s/s
Ddl had jokey tone and tris was like "u scummy ass is this real"
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

In post 68, Citceh wrote:Bobby checking the truck in. Let's give the Doc a taste of his own MEDICINE. Espresso is too DAFT to realise that Egduf has already weighed in as one "Lilimip von Egg". Espresso is regrettably looking like a town member here, he'd only be mafia with Doctor Hopson, and I mafiaread Doctor Hopson with EVERY fibre in my being. So Espresso can be town FOR NOW.

VOTE: DrDoLittle L-1
is this english
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

So is egduf bobby?
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

I got bored so I'm sticking to isos
So tris first she looks a bit better in iso
Not sure if the charles push was real or not
She called drew for the 'easy vote' but her vote was kinda easy too after calling ddl/mastinas the whole d2 scum

Other than that shes fine
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

In post 150, Hectic wrote:
In post 149, Charles510 wrote:
In post 148, Doctor Hopson wrote:Why would claiming to be mafia be a scumtell?

-Hop
It certainly doesn't help town.
Are you saying it's a joke that mafia are more likely to make than town? I suppose, I, Bobby, don't know you after all, Charles. I had you confused with another good friend of mine. How DISAPPOINTING.
who the fck

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”