NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by NaCl »

In post 1213, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1211, NaCl wrote:Or well, not really convinced on your scumread, but you're not trying to get evidence.
All scumreads are pretty much based upon gut feelings at this point, it’s even harder for me since i can’t base it upon the meta. I don’t know anyone’s scumgame here. So the better question is: Are you really going to lambast me for what everyone else is doing on day 1?
You're not doing the same as everyone else (well, or the same as some people, anyways). You didn't care about furthering your read on PlatinumPhoenix at all.

I'm not liking their interaction just a little bit back, but given the gamestate, I think that Fake-PP is probably town, with a small chance of Zombie. The gamestate doesn't feel like one where a scum is being run up D1.

@RCE, you never answered my question, but looking back I might have been misinterpreting what you were saying. So if that's the case, never mind. Otherwise please answer.

@Tris, do you think that the Norwegian & Fake-PP interaction could be town/town? If so, why do you think it couldn't be one where Norwegian is scum and Fake-PP is town?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1275, NaCl wrote: @Tris, do you think that the Norwegian & Fake-PP interaction could be town/town? If so, why do you think it couldn't be one where Norwegian is scum and Fake-PP is town?
Didn't I just answer this?
In post 1271, Platinum Phoenix wrote:RCE you're not my biggest scumread right now.

ben's recent posting has been kind of atrocious
Are you going to vote for him? Or anyone?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

vla until 9/14
<(") | (")>
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

In post 1276, tris wrote:
In post 1275, NaCl wrote: @Tris, do you think that the Norwegian & Fake-PP interaction could be town/town? If so, why do you think it couldn't be one where Norwegian is scum and Fake-PP is town?
In post 1271, Platinum Phoenix wrote:RCE you're not my biggest scumread right now.

tris the way you want me to vote so you can evaluate your options feels scummy
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:58 pm

ugh, as unacceptable as it is, ben could be lazy town
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:59 pm

TL can you stop derptowning, and literally do anything better with your vote, including not using it
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by NaCl »

@Tris
Oh, yeah, didn't exactly think that through clearly enough. What I was specifically meaning was "If Fake-PP is town, why does Norwegian's interaction depend on his alignment? Couldn't the interaction have gone the same way regardless of if it was Town-Fake-PP and Scum-Norwegian as if it was Town-Fake-PP and Town-Norwegian?"
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by tris »

In post 1278, Platinum Phoenix wrote:

Why haven't you pushed a counterwagon yet?
NaCl wrote:@Tris
Oh, yeah, didn't exactly think that through clearly enough. What I was specifically meaning was "If Fake-PP is town, why does Norwegian's interaction depend on his alignment? Couldn't the interaction have gone the same way regardless of if it was Town-Fake-PP and Scum-Norwegian as if it was Town-Fake-PP and Town-Norwegian?"
Because I think Norwegian is town unless they're both in on it.
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:10 pm

i think that's a bit surface level: what you're getting at seems like "Norwegian seems like he has the nuance to do this as either alignment"

i think a good question to ask is "what motivation does he have to do it as town/scum?"
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:10 pm

In post 1282, tris wrote:
In post 1278, Platinum Phoenix wrote:

Why haven't you pushed a counterwagon yet?
NaCl wrote:@Tris
Because I think Norwegian is town unless they're both in on it.
Because I need to be right
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

For those of you who believe my interaction with Phoenix was S+S then I've already said in post why i believe it's objectively unlikely so i won't touch on it. From my own perspective it would either have to be T+T or T+S. And i honestly think Phoenix is town since i don't believe scum would react in such a way to being pressured.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1275, NaCl wrote:@RCE, you never answered my question, but looking back I might have been misinterpreting what you were saying. So if that's the case, never mind. Otherwise please answer.
The implication was I won't feel bad about lynching anywhere outside of my townblock. UiT was in that block until recently and wasn't attributing a scumread to them in my rant. Which was general.

But they're doing the exact thing I was talking about now and the vote is ehhh. I misinterpreted it as a townread + vote on plat at first.

The correspondence in thread is still weird because it's not like a schtick they're running. I have a theory that's angleshooty so I'm not really trying to use that in my read.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1279, Platinum Phoenix wrote:ugh, as unacceptable as it is, ben could be lazy town
Who does that make your biggest scumread then?
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:35 am

Post by Unstuck in Time »

In post 1285, NorwegianboyEE wrote:For those of you who believe my interaction with Phoenix was S+S then I've already said in post why i believe it's objectively unlikely so i won't touch on it. From my own perspective it would either have to be T+T or T+S. And i honestly think Phoenix is town since i don't believe scum would react in such a way to being pressured.
reading this post makes me feel like you're scum with Phoenix

TL
Hydra of TemporalLich and Billy Pilgrim
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:46 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1246, Something_Smart wrote:Extraordinary claim to make with no evidence.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:51 am

In post 1289, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1246, Something_Smart wrote:Extraordinary claim to make with no evidence.
You can't tell me isn't made by scum trying to distance themselves from their scumbuddy.

TL
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 am

Then it's a good thing that I don't have to. The burden of proof is on you here to explain why it is.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:05 am

In post 1291, Something_Smart wrote:Then it's a good thing that I don't have to. The burden of proof is on you here to explain why it is.
starting with , the vote looks fake to me.

is trying to make the interaction look towny.

is an otherwise good post, but it falls flat due to

is actually a good post. This might lead to credence that if the interaction isn't SvS, PlatPhoenix is town and not Norwegian

Reading - , I'd say that interaction doesn't shine of the pure calling each other out that is a TvT interaction. It's likely to be SvS, but PlatPhoenix is town if this isn't.

The distancing NorwegianboyEE is doing after the fact makes it a -20% chance NorwegianboyEE is town.

Changing my vote to NorwegianboyEE because he's more likely to scum be.

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

TL
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:10 am

TvT interactions can go a lot of different ways. What is "pure calling each other out" and why is the that the only/most likely thing you expect from a TvT interaction?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:11 am

For the record, is obviously a LAMIST post; that in and of itself is not indicative of alignment. Is there something in the timing of that post that makes you think they might not post it as town?
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:14 am

In post 1293, Something_Smart wrote:TvT interactions can go a lot of different ways. What is "pure calling each other out" and why is the that the only/most likely thing you expect from a TvT interaction?
When two townies are finding reasons to scumread each other endlessly and there's no indication the interaction is fake, it's likely a TvT interaction.

It's really the major thing that says TvT to me... if it seems real and honest it's more likely to be town imo.

PlatPhoenix/Norwegian seems deliberately contrived to me... doesn't seem organic at all.

pedit: LAMIST posts like that are scum-AI imo. The timing is right after Norwegian voted PlatPhoenix so that makes it worse (seemingly to try to deflect the wagon?)

TL
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm not sure what i'm supposed to respond to when Unstuck's main point is that the conversation doesn't feel "organic".
Seems like quite a stretch if you ask me.
In post 1292, Unstuck in Time wrote:It's likely to be SvS, but PlatPhoenix is town if this isn't.
This is really scummy. Why would me flipping town prove that Phoenix is town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:52 am

In post 1295, Unstuck in Time wrote:pedit: LAMIST posts like that are scum-AI imo. The timing is right after Norwegian voted PlatPhoenix so that makes it worse (seemingly to try to deflect the wagon?)
That actually seems like a point against them both being scum, no? If Platinum were trying to get votes off of them, couldn't they start by telling their partner not to vote them to begin with?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:53 am

In post 1296, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'm not sure what i'm supposed to respond to when Unstuck's main point is that the conversation doesn't feel "organic".
Explain what was going through your head and why you were thinking that way when you made the posts in question, I suppose.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1298, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1296, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'm not sure what i'm supposed to respond to when Unstuck's main point is that the conversation doesn't feel "organic".
Explain what was going through your head and why you were thinking that way when you made the posts in question, I suppose.
Do you mean post ?
I tried analyzing mine and Phoenix's behavior objectively because i thought seeing the conversation as S+S was a really stupid conclusion to gather from the exchange. No offense to townies but wtf?

Return to “Completed Open Games”