Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #942 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

It me.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #943 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:15 pm

In post 2, Baezu wrote:- The undead role are Zombie, Witch and Ghoul
This is a change I did not know was made.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'll have to bring it up in the setup discussion thread afterward.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #991 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:17 am

In post 949, Gamma Emerald wrote:Assuming the revealing of the scum roles
Yeah that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #992 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 am

Haven't read up yet, but I had page 2 townreads on ben and NaCl.

Take them... *puts on sunglasses*... with a grain of salt.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #993 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:19 am

Also if I try to read Norwegian, please don't let me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #994 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:22 am

I am disappointed that neither Menalque nor ofrhz realized that Gamma Emerald was a reference to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #995 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 am

In post 945, tris wrote:oh you were one of the designers
Yeah I helped MDS with the balancing. It's why I'm surprised to see such a big mechanical change that wasn't discussed.

I think the setup as run the first time was a bit scumsided, but it may have only seemed that way because town lost its strongest PR's D1 and N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #996 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:51 am

In post 993, Something_Smart wrote:Also if I try to read Norwegian, please don't let me.
Shit, I'm tempted to break this rule already.

Still have only managed to get two pages in.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #999 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 am

In post 997, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why did you make that rule anyway?
Had the feeling from reading a few of your posts that you were the type of person I am at high risk to misread very hard.

I think it's the combination of new, eager, and self-aware.
In post 998, Platinum Phoenix wrote:SS, have you replaced in for someone?
I haven't read anything since my last post yet so I've missed if the mod said
- Phoenix
I replaced ceejay, whose ISO it took me a whopping five seconds to read :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1000 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 am

Grabbing that post 1000
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1006 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:36 am

^

It's a massive buff to town because it makes scum fakeclaiming much harder.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1008 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:02 am

Well, I ain't gonna read 41 pages on my phone while at work, so a full catchup will have to wait.

But I read the first few pages and I townread ben, NaCl, you, and maybe Hoptic.

Though I don't think I can actually read you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1009 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:06 am

In post 1007, Vorkuta wrote:So basically in previous iterations, we had no way of knowing whether cop-checks or wtv could be tampered with.
Yes, but it was pretty obvious that if there was a cop scum would take something to mess it up.

Although this setup has only been run once before and both roles capable of getting a cop result died before D2. So we never actually saw that in action. But people speculated, correctly, that there was probably a godfather.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1012 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:32 am

Er, hopefully not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1013 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:33 am

That game was a disaster, but not really due to the setup. Town just kinda checked out of the game completely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1016 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:44 am

The majority of the setup concept was MDS's idea, I mostly helped fine-tune mechanics and balance. But I do think it's the best setup I know that uses the modular generation method.

And dammit PP posted the link in the time it took me to write that :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1018 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 am

1011 was a bbcode fail, the quote was actually from me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1028 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:45 am

In post 1026, ofrhz wrote:And I remember people saying you had a scummy town meta.
I've only played a few games with her but in my experience that isn't true, she was very towny as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1049 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:04 pm

In post 1047, Gamma Emerald wrote:Talk about Ben?
Oh, you're gonna be annoyed, but it has to do with him misunderstanding the setup. Because this specific setup requires pregame action by scum I think it's likely his partners would have explained it to him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1052 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:07 pm

In post 1050, Gamma Emerald wrote:Not really? Read forward and you'll see.
I do intend to read, but can you just link the post/page in question so we can talk about it right now?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1054 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:07 pm

In post 1051, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think there was a feeling it was faked
Jester accusation from someone who knows there's no third parties?

I don't see it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1057 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Okay, I don't really see what that has to do with scum fakeclaiming.

Once massclaim hits we'll know exactly how many points are fake versus real.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1060 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Exactly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1061 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:13 pm

The purpose of the point system is to prevent PR's from being in direct CC as much as possible.

That's why I'm torn about this rule; on the one hand, it does help skew the balance of information back in town's favor, but on the other hand, it gives town information that the design is based around them not knowing (the exact point count).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1084 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 am

Why do you scumread me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1087 (isolation #25) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:14 am

In post 1085, tris wrote:I don't know. sorry.

I'll figure that out or change my mind when you post more.
So it's a gut read?
In post 1086, PenguinPower wrote:I mean I don’t tr the slot, but I was talking about the reason.
Elaborate. What's wrong with it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1092 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:08 am

In post 1089, PenguinPower wrote:Your making the assumption his partners did/were able to explain it to him
I mean, he had to explicitly choose a role and sign off on the role choices...
And that, even if they did that he would understood what was being explained
I should think he would understand "this is an open setup with no third parties"
And that, even if he did that he was being genuine in his statement. Those same partners could have told him to play dumb.
Sure they could have. But it's not likely.
In post 1091, Platinum Phoenix wrote:SS how far have you gotten through reading wise?
- Phoenix
Haven't. Gonna read a bit now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1093 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:36 am

Twenty pages in, and so far I can say that my call on Norwegian was a good one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1094 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:43 am

I think Penguin is town.

For posterity, this is circa page 26.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1095 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:50 am

In post 693, Platinum Phoenix wrote:im inclined to agree

mafia is really stupid for choosing such a shitty PR
This just occurred to me. It's likely that
a specific scum player
wanted to be a zombie because they heavily expected to be lynched early.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1096 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 am

And caught up.

Don't have much in the way of reads, probably for the best. My reads upon catching up after replacing in are almost always trash.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1100 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 am

How am I tonally different?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1105 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 am

In post 1102, Beta Sapphire wrote:Idk I need to read your ISO more closely but I feel like you’re advancing te game less with what you’re posting this in my past experience with you
I assume that feel is because I'm catching up... but what gave you the impression that I usually make an effort to advance the game? I did shit-all in pfup.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1106 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:16 am

In post 1103, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Something_Smart Are you trying to make me look scummy on purpose?
No. How am I making you look scummy?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1107 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 am

In post 1104, Beta Sapphire wrote:I’d like to get to the point where I have a good read on you one way or the other because i think town!you thinks in a different yet complementary way to town!me so if i can get to a TR on you it’ll be useful to bounce ideas off you as well as ofhrz
Gotcha. Give it some time. I'm very much opposed to forcing reads of any kind.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1109 (isolation #35) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:23 am

That doesn't strike me as a thing that happens more proportionally frequently than "scum refusing to read a townie."

Besides, if people think you're scum because of something I said, they wouldn't actually vote you for it until they saw me flip scum, which won't happen.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1110 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:28 am

I am trying to read you like any other slot. My reading technique is to synthesize what I know about someone's personality and behavior and match it with what I think the motivation for their actions likely is and how confident I should be in that prediction.

In your case I've determined that any prediction I could make, at least for now, ought to have a very low confidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1112 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:34 am

There haven't been enough votecounts for me to really get a good idea of how wagons have been moving. Why does the wagon exist?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1119 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 pm

In post 1117, Vorkuta wrote:however I sense that this behavior change is most likely due to the wagon on him.
Why does that matter?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1122 (isolation #39) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:09 pm

In post 1120, Vorkuta wrote:There's being honest, being game-solvey, and playing good faith

Then there's being honest, being game-solvey, and playing in good faith.... while being at L-1 (which he basically is)
Okay, sure.

How is it less towny when it's done at L-1, if it still looks genuine?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1124 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:26 pm

In post 1123, Vorkuta wrote:Contribution and gamesolves (and all the good stuff) under no pressure whatsoever vs. good stuff under L-1 pressure where the guy is willing to say anything and everything just to diffuse the wagon.
Willing doesn't mean able, though. Obviously plenty of people, town and scum alike, try unsuccessfully to get a wagon on them to go away.

Like if someone is able to make genuine-sounding posts as scum whenever they want, why wouldn't they do it all the time? It's not as though getting pressured magically makes scum players better.

Towny posting is posting that's unlikely to come from scum. If you have a specific situational reason why scum would post a certain way in a certain situation. But you're just waving your hand and saying "they did it under pressure, that makes it not towny."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1133 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:08 pm

In post 1131, Platinum Phoenix wrote:althought, uit, your refusal to think for yourself recently has been bad.
Is that scummy?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1143 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 am

In post 1140, NaCl wrote:As someone who doesn't know most of the people here, who are you talking about?
Well, I was just trying to provide a theory for why scum would take a role that looks pretty bad.

...However, I did have a player in mind as a likely candidate for doing that:
In post 43, Vorkuta wrote:I'm 2-3 as scum so I'm going to go with town because winning feels better :P
They've been lynched every time I've ever seen them as scum (three times) and never as the last on their team, and they get lynched a fair amount as town, and they are known for weird and inventive scum play. So I could definitely see them insisting on zombie and their teammates obliging.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1149 (isolation #43) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:00 am

In post 1144, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Is that a subtle way to suggest you think it's vorkuta?
It's a non-subtle way to suggest I think it's Vorkuta.

Or, more accurately, I think that if Vorkuta is scum, they're very likely the zombie. It doesn't mean I scumread them just for the zombie existing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1150 (isolation #44) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:01 am

In post 1147, Vorkuta wrote:If you did research on my scum play, you'd also know that I prioritize a team victory and would never selfishly insist on a play like that when/if there are more optimal alternatives at hand.
Also what would I hypothetically even do once I "flip zombie"?
What PR's would you have picked as scum with 3 points then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1152 (isolation #45) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:04 am

I'm not very good at reading Vorkuta.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1153 (isolation #46) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:05 am

I realize that was a sidestep. The implied answer, which is the correct one, is "I don't know yet."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1192 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:16 am

In post 1189, Gamma Emerald wrote:That turn around on Salt from vork was pretty bad imo
Scummy bad or misguided bad?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1202 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:14 am

In post 1194, Platinum Phoenix wrote:this reads very poorly to me

he's deliberately being appeasy
Since when is appeasing that blunt?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1246 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:14 am

Extraordinary claim to make with no evidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1250 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 am

VOTE: tris
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1252 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 am

Hi

You feel different from Room Odds.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1255 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am

Sure.

Why are you so confident that scum-Norweigan/town-Platinum is impossible?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1257 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 am

Just the fact that he changed his mind after the interaction? What part of that would have been hard for him to fake?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1289 (isolation #54) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:46 am

In post 1246, Something_Smart wrote:Extraordinary claim to make with no evidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1291 (isolation #55) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 am

Then it's a good thing that I don't have to. The burden of proof is on you here to explain why it is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1293 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:10 am

TvT interactions can go a lot of different ways. What is "pure calling each other out" and why is the that the only/most likely thing you expect from a TvT interaction?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1294 (isolation #57) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:11 am

For the record, is obviously a LAMIST post; that in and of itself is not indicative of alignment. Is there something in the timing of that post that makes you think they might not post it as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1297 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:52 am

In post 1295, Unstuck in Time wrote:pedit: LAMIST posts like that are scum-AI imo. The timing is right after Norwegian voted PlatPhoenix so that makes it worse (seemingly to try to deflect the wagon?)
That actually seems like a point against them both being scum, no? If Platinum were trying to get votes off of them, couldn't they start by telling their partner not to vote them to begin with?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1298 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:53 am

In post 1296, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'm not sure what i'm supposed to respond to when Unstuck's main point is that the conversation doesn't feel "organic".
Seems like quite a stretch if you ask me.
Explain what was going through your head and why you were thinking that way when you made the posts in question, I suppose.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1301 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:03 am

In post 1295, Unstuck in Time wrote:PlatPhoenix/Norwegian seems deliberately contrived to me... doesn't seem organic at all.
All right, why? Why is it not likely for a new player to get confused about tone reading and have it explained to them by an experienced player?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1313 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:29 pm

I wasn't even around for the majority of it. How should I know?

I mean, statistically it's likely that scum was on it at some point, but that's not the same thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1333 (isolation #62) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:44 am

VOTE: Vorkuta
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1337 (isolation #63) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 am

In post 1334, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1333, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Vorkuta
Huh?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1339 (isolation #64) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:43 am

In post 1336, tris wrote:The reason I'm voting for fake-PP is that it feels to me like they were just waiting for their wagon to disintegrate because "there's no counterwagon so they must be town!"
I really would not describe Platinum's current behavior as "waiting for" anything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1340 (isolation #65) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:47 am

In post 1338, tris wrote:um
I believe I replaced into the game too late in the day to be able to form more than a few solid reads on D1.

Therefore, the best I can do is try to interact with people as much as I can.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1342 (isolation #66) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:53 am

Which he wouldn't expect as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1345 (isolation #67) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 am

Hi Vork!

I don't think you're scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1348 (isolation #68) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:09 am

In post 1337, Something_Smart wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1349 (isolation #69) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:10 am

Primarily I'm dissatisfied with my own disengagement, which I think is mostly due to the Platinum wagon existing for reasons that I wasn't around to witness and no further movement taking place.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1356 (isolation #70) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 am

In post 1354, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Makes no sense to me.
Not a scumtell.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1357 (isolation #71) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:23 am

In post 1355, tris wrote:he's doing things that appear towny, but in my opinion are not actually town indicative.
Uhhhhh this sounds like a contradiction.

Appear towny to whom?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1360 (isolation #72) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:45 am

It would have been a contradiction if you said they appeared towny to you, which is what your vagueness implied.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1364 (isolation #73) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:57 am

In post 1361, Beta Sapphire wrote:What do you think my read on your slot is now SS?
Confused.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1366 (isolation #74) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:01 am

The latter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1368 (isolation #75) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am

In post 1367, NaCl wrote:Although now I'm kind of not liking Something_Smart either after his random and pointless vote on Vorkuta at this point.
Where's the scum motivation in that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1372 (isolation #76) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:11 am

In post 1369, NaCl wrote:Well, there are all the other wagons to choose from, 1.5 days before the deadline, and rather than putting out your thoughts on them, you're randomly voting someone unrelated for no reason at all.
I have given my thoughts on the only wagon that's achieved any significance. I have no further thoughts to share about any wagon.

Should my vote be necessary to achieve a lynch, I will be more than happy to provide it.

(Also, I do have reasons for voting Vorkuta, as should be obvious no matter my alignment, but I chose not to share them.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1373 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:12 am

In post 1370, Beta Sapphire wrote:Could you tell me more about why this is/just expand on the point?
I'm at a very different place with respect to this game as I was in PFUP (my recent replace-in being the main reason), and it's manifesting itself in weird behavior.

Given your experience with me, I wouldn't have expected you to know what to do with this weird behavior.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1374 (isolation #78) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 am

In post 1371, NaCl wrote:Why do you think your vote is useful where it is?
It's not. I don't have any scumreads worthy of the name, so I don't think it would be useful anywhere.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1487 (isolation #79) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:28 am

In post 1484, Vorkuta wrote:Shit I think we missed it
The hell are you talking about? We have a whole day. Use the most recent votecount you dummy :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1488 (isolation #80) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:29 am

In post 1304, Baezu wrote:
The day will end in (expired on 2019-09-14 07:03:00)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1493 (isolation #81) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:35 am

In post 1486, Hoptic wrote:Damn, well if someone comes online and hammers before Baezu declares the end of the day, it would still count right?
For the record, if this happened, it wouldn't count.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1494 (isolation #82) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:36 am

In post 1492, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Hoptic just hammered right?
If Vork didn't miss any votes she was L-1 as of and L-2 now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1498 (isolation #83) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 am

Gonna go with probably?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1515 (isolation #84) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:54 am

Oh.

I don't think RCE is always controlling as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1560 (isolation #85) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:16 am

Nice one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1562 (isolation #86) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:18 am

At least we still have a vig this time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1563 (isolation #87) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:19 am

VOTE: NaCl

We should hammer this without getting a claim
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1566 (isolation #88) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:35 am

Because clearly he doesn't mind when people do that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1570 (isolation #89) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:44 am

In post 1569, Unstuck in Time wrote:If NaCl flips scum though... ben is likely town.
Shit, really?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1581 (isolation #90) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 am

In post 1577, Unstuck in Time wrote:if you're town, why the hell are you openly WIFOMing?
Pointing out WIFOM does not equal creating WIFOM. The WIFOM already existed; he was merely drawing our attention to it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1584 (isolation #91) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:49 am

In post 1583, Vorkuta wrote:this and the stuff before it feels really fake no?
Not really?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1597 (isolation #92) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am

In post 1596, NaCl wrote:I can't tell if you're just joking or something, but I'm curious as to what would have changed between me hammering then or me or PP doing it 8 hours later?
Idk it's mostly just salt. Someone really should have asked tris to claim while she was here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1612 (isolation #93) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 am

Explain the Beta Sapphire scumread?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1614 (isolation #94) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:22 am

Lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1616 (isolation #95) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:09 am

What do you want from me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1621 (isolation #96) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:22 am

In post 1618, Vorkuta wrote:I'll start- thoughts on UiT v fPP?
UIT's town. I can't really get a bead on Platinum. I don't get town-chennis feels, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to given the short time I've been in this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1622 (isolation #97) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:25 am

Most of the stuff you laid out in this post is just the way that I play, exacerbated by my being a relatively late replacement.

Don't really see how that relates to image though? The image of a stereotypical townie is one who is making pushes, forming reads, and getting things done. Sniping at the sidelines is certainly not how you gain trust from people unfamiliar with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1623 (isolation #98) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 am

In post 1617, Vorkuta wrote:Provide pressure with votes?
I'm voting on the joint largest wagon. Something which is quite unusual for me, too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1634 (isolation #99) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 am

You're used to playing with Boon. That stuff doesn't usually happen.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1655 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:54 am

I doubt Beta was vigged.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1657 (isolation #101) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:58 am

That doesn't rule out many players in this game. That's not why I think that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1707 (isolation #102) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 am

VOTE: Platinum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1709 (isolation #103) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:23 am

I didn't really think the slot was towny, but I was hesitant to vote there because of the amount of people who seemed willing to vote them.

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1715 (isolation #104) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 pm

It's a different chennis hydra that he posted from by mistake.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1723 (isolation #105) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 pm

I think he specifically meant mine and yours.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1726 (isolation #106) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:57 pm

A lot of things are possible. Do you think it's probable?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1728 (isolation #107) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Later as in now or later as in LYLO?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1729 (isolation #108) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:19 pm

I'll level with you. I don't see Undertale-chennis. I don't see you accomplishing much more than treading water.

I don't think your argument that scum were trying to keep you around a mislynch really makes much sense, between your propensity to be obvtown, the chance of you being a PR or being cleared by a PR (such as the cop they knew existed), and the fact that for a while you had really no counterwagon.

I don't think this necessarily makes you scum. But you're going to have to come up with something more compelling than that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1734 (isolation #109) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 am

In post 1730, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 1729, Something_Smart wrote:I'll level with you. I don't see Undertale-chennis.
Do you see undertale Elements?
- Phoenix
Not specifically, but based on that game I don't really think your game is that different between alignments. Certainly not as different as chennis claims his is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1737 (isolation #110) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 am

Don't think so.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1742 (isolation #111) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:16 am

In post 1739, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Could this be a scum slip? Undertale is the only game I've played with ss so saying from that game he thinks I play the same as either alignment he must have a town game of mine to compare it to ie this game where scum!ss knows I'm town.
Or it could be that you played like town in that game :thinking:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1789 (isolation #112) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:46 pm

I have not posted in a while.

I have nothing to say. I think this wagon is right.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1792 (isolation #113) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:33 am

In post 1790, Vorkuta wrote:Fake-PP is not scum because I don't think that the heated exchange between us comes from a scum chenny
Where
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1796 (isolation #114) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 am

In post 1794, Vorkuta wrote:I think that was genuine and outside his scum range
I don't, why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1800 (isolation #115) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:00 am

In post 1799, Vorkuta wrote:I don't think scum resorts to emotional outbursts like these.
If he thinks he'd do it as town, why not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1801 (isolation #116) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:02 am

Ech. RCE could be scum too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1804 (isolation #117) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:09 am

It's not below-the-belt to do something you'd do as town, as long as it's within the rules.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1811 (isolation #118) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:41 pm

In post 1810, Platinum Phoenix wrote:S_S is scum
u w0t m8?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1814 (isolation #119) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:42 pm

You think I killed Beta after ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1815 (isolation #120) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:43 pm

Also you literally weren't a wagon until I voted you. How's that opportunistic?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1817 (isolation #121) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:49 pm

...I've never heard that before. Maybe we're using the terms to mean different things.

I'm using it to mean "a bunch of people all voting for the same player," which as far as I know is the only way it is used.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1823 (isolation #122) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Sure it is. If someone dies, in the absence of PR bullshit, people they were strongly townreading probably didn't kill them.

The fact that their strong townread was me was not what spurred me to connect this logic; it is logic that should be done anyway, and in this case it happens to correctly point toward me being town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1824 (isolation #123) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:00 am

In post 1739, Platinum Phoenix wrote:Could this be a scum slip? Undertale is the only game I've played with ss so saying from that game he thinks I play the same as either alignment he must have a town game of mine to compare it to ie this game where scum!ss knows I'm town.
- Phoenix
Okay mini 2099 is over so I don't have to pretend to have no response to this anymore. Obviously you knew I read you correctly in that game so why would you post this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1826 (isolation #124) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:23 am

There is an overwhelming amount of no in that post. I don't even know where to start.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1828 (isolation #125) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:28 am

Because NK's should be agreed upon and with nine choices, "hard townreads a scum member" should be enough to knock someone out of contention.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1830 (isolation #126) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:43 am

Well their scumreads were RCE and you so what are you insinuating? ;)

Vote RCE if you think that's the case, I'll join you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1831 (isolation #127) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:44 am

I'm not you. Pocketing people is my only scum strategy with any degree of success.

Return to “Completed Open Games”