Nomic

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Aronis »

i might play
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 6, OkaPoka wrote:Before we get started, I think our Nomic society should establish a few founding value(s) that we can base some of our decisions on~ (like a purpose~)

My suggested values/goals for this society are:
1) Our society should keep people invested into the society for the long-term
2) Our society should promote healthy growth of playerlist
3) Our society should allow for specific people to drop out without damage
i don't think we should allow people to drop out without damage. that would hurt the healthy growth of our playerlist- instead i think anybody that drops out should get a 7 day ban from forum.mafiascum.net
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 10, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 8, Aronis wrote:
In post 6, OkaPoka wrote:Before we get started, I think our Nomic society should establish a few founding value(s) that we can base some of our decisions on~ (like a purpose~)

My suggested values/goals for this society are:
1) Our society should keep people invested into the society for the long-term
2) Our society should promote healthy growth of playerlist
3) Our society should allow for specific people to drop out without damage
i don't think we should allow people to drop out without damage. that would hurt the healthy growth of our playerlist- instead i think anybody that drops out should get a 7 day ban from forum.mafiascum.net
Better yet, a seven-day ban from the entire internet
I second the passage of this
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 13, Charles510 wrote:Every player shall have a number of votes proportional to the number of times they have posted in this thread.
I fully support this
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Aronis »

Good afternoon fellow lawmakers. It is with great privilege that I come before you to offer my opinion on your disastrous bills that are running our great nation into the ground and humbly offer up a few of my own to save us from inevitable destruction. I will chronologically address anything I believe is worth my time before proposing my own bills.
I will spoiler all quotes to try to make this a little bit shorter.

Spoiler:
In post 19, Charles510 wrote:
In post 18, Aronis wrote:
In post 13, Charles510 wrote:Every player shall have a number of votes proportional to the number of times they have posted in this thread.
I fully support this
I fully support your support. Lets form a party

I would be honored to form a party with you, my friend.

Spoiler:
In post 22, Charles510 wrote:No double posting allowed
This is a fabulous idea by a fabulous representative. I would fully support such a motion and that is why I am, in the most diligent manner, making only one post this afternoon. I would hate for trees to be cut down simply so I could post more disorganized thoughts in an unneeded and quick manner.
In post 25, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: Nay

Still don't think this is a good idea. We would need a bureaucracy to count the number of non-double votes and the idea of having votes be tied to activity seems like a barrier to new players.

Government is all about bureaucracy, my friend. I would graciously volunteer to count by hand the number, if it meant making this thread a better place. And for new players, it would not be a barrier, but a motivation. Handouts have never worked and never will. You must earn respect and wealth. Trust me, you would find no member more enthusiastic then the new players among us if they were given an opportunity to earn votes in this manner.

Spoiler:
In post 27, Charles510 wrote:I want a reward for staying around and actually playing the game. People who just "vote yes on everything" should have a lesser vote.

Never have truer words been spoken.

Spoiler:
In post 35, skitter30 wrote:ok wiki page is here, and i think we're ready to begin!

massive credit to allomancer, i just copy-pasted his game
The credit is yours, my friend. Without you, I know not what we would do.

Spoiler:
In post 47, tris wrote:
In post 38, Inferno390 wrote:Sorry Oka, there’s a few things I’d like to change about your proposal before it goes through.
What do you want to change?

VOTE: P003: Yea because I guess I need to. Also, this proposal will need unanimous consent because it amends two immutable rules.

VOTE: P004: Yea

P005A rule may provide a means by which players win the game. When this happens, each player who won is a Winner until the next time a player wins the game.
Never in my long life have I seen a more useless bill brought to the floor of this chamber. What is winning? You can't answer this question objectively and that is why this bill is so bad. It serves to do and add nothing, except clutter our sacred rule set with nonsense. There is no rule prohibiting winning, therefore it is already acceptable. We need not waste our time with this vague nonsense.

Spoiler:
In post 49, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
@mod P004 passes

P006
: Any rule which has an effect retroactively requires a supermajority to pass.

VOTE: P005 Yea
OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: p005 nay

Rather than 'winning' let's have an office of an executive.
Why can't we have botth? Winning doesn't end the game.

P007
: The office of Executive is established.
I love the innovation and enthusiasm, representative. An executive is undeniably important in this game. But as I just stated, I will never support hollow meaningless bills. You have a fantastic idea, but you must construct a more in depth and detailed bill that gives our executive the power to oversee this game. What good is an executive that can do nothing and that we have no means by which to elect?

Spoiler:
In post 51, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 47, tris wrote:
In post 38, Inferno390 wrote:Sorry Oka, there’s a few things I’d like to change about your proposal before it goes through.
What do you want to change?
I would like it to read:

"There shall be one
and only one
currency, the coin. All current players upon passage of this proposal shall
start
be given
with 100 coins and the government shall
start
be given
with 1000 coins in reserve. No new coins may be created
without the influence of a party with the ability to make such coins
unless there is given consent by a supermajority."

And then I would like to add the clause:
"All players joining the game for the first time receive 100 coins."

VOTE: P005: Yea

P006:
A Motion is a action that can only be made by a specific player who possesses the capability to do so. The ability to perform a Motion is only given by a rule that states as such. Motions shall begin numbering at M001 and count up by each ordinal number. A Motion may be passed by absolute majority. A Motion's clause always consists of a thing that will happen when it is passed, i.e., "X will occur." Motions cannot change the rules in any way. When a motion passes, the effect stated immediately occurs.

P007:
Players will take turn in order of the player list, starting with player one and passing in descending order. Should a player not submit a proposal or motion turn within 24 hours, the player forfeits his turn and play passes to the next player. The turn is immediately passed when a player submits any number of proposals or motions. Once the last player on the player list has taken his turn, the turn cycles back to the first player.

P008: Players are ordered in the player list according to the order that they joined.

P009: Players may only make 1 proposal to add or remove a single rule OR 2 separate proposals to amend or transmute a single rule on their turn. In addition, on their turn they may perform any number of motions on their turn.

P010: All players have the ability to perform a Motions so as they may ignore any turn restrictions placed on them by other rules. They may do this in conjunction with making proposals, and in conjunction may submit more proposals that the stated limits by any rules. However, should the motion fail, a number of those proposals, chosen by the player who submitted them, must become void and cannot come into effect, so that the player's turn falls under the restriction placed on them by any other rules.

P011: Any player may vote or change their vote at any time.
Thank you for your post, my friend. You clearly put a large amount of thought into such motions. We need more representatives like you.

I fully support a currency, but there are issues with this current bill. For one, I believe we should take the utmost care in phrasing our rules to make sense. As such, I cannot support a bill using inadequate grammar such as 'be given with'. I also do not support a bill that limits the creation of other currencies. Needlessly restricting ourselves to one fiat currency this early in the game is begging for an autocracy. This is why I will be proposing my own currency in due time.

I also love the addition of motions, but I cannot pass an unclear bill. I think the specific bill you are passing needs to be self-explanatory. Stating that only certain players are able to create motions and not giving a clear definition of who that is within the specific bill is a big mistake. What happens if one bill passes and the other doesn't? We'd be left with a mess of a law on our hands.
I'm not inherently opposed to any of these bills regarding motions, turns, etc. But I need them to be grouped together, I feel like the current way they are arranged is sloppy lawmaking.

Regarding bill 008, I believe alphabetical order would make more sense and make the player list easier to navigate should we receive a large number of players. I'm not inherently opposed to this though.

I fully support everyone's right to change their vote prior to the passage of a rule.

Spoiler:
In post 55, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 54, Inferno390 wrote:Retracting all motions made in post 51, then:

P008:
A Motion is a action that can only be made by a specific player who possesses the capability to do so. The ability to perform a Motion is only given by a rule that states as such. Motions shall begin numbering at M001 and count up by each ordinal number. A Motion may be passed by absolute majority. A Motion's clause always consists of a thing that will happen when it is passed, i.e., "X will occur." Motions cannot change the rules in any way. When a motion passes, the effect stated immediately occurs.

P009:
Players will take turn in order of the player list, starting with player one and passing in descending order. Should a player not submit a proposal or motion turn within 24 hours, the player forfeits his turn and play passes to the next player. The turn is immediately passed when a player submits any number of proposals or motions. Once the last player on the player list has taken his turn, the turn cycles back to the first player.

P010: Players are ordered in the player list according to the order that they joined.

P011: Players may only make 1 proposal to add or remove a single rule OR 2 separate proposals to amend or transmute a single rule on their turn. In addition, on their turn they may perform any number of motions on their turn.

P012: All players have the ability to perform a Motions so as they may ignore any turn restrictions placed on them by other rules. They may do this in conjunction with making proposals, and in conjunction may submit more proposals that the stated limits by any rules. However, should the motion fail, a number of those proposals, chosen by the player who submitted them, must become void and cannot come into effect, so that the player's turn falls under the restriction placed on them by any other rules.

P013: Any player may vote or change their vote at any time.

P014: Amend R104 to state: "No-one may edit or delete any post on the the game thread, with the exception of the initial post, which may be edited to display important information at the discretion of the moderator,
or in the sole case to adjust proposal numbers so they are in accordance with the numbers of other proposals in this thread, so as to avoid confusion.
"
This is what post 55 should look like. Sorry guys.
Also:
P015: A player may retract his proposal at any time. When this occurs it does not go into effect and cannot be voted on any longer.
I personally support individuals rights to edit their post, but I understand how and why that could be problematic. I'm not sure which way I will vote on this bill.

I am also unsure about allowing players to retract proposals. I do adamantly believe we should use gender-inclusive language in our bills. I would request this be reworded before I consider a vote in affirmation.

Spoiler:
In post 56, Inferno390 wrote:Just finished updating the wiki for y'all. DO we want votecounts for each of the proposals or not?
Thank you for your dedication to updating the wiki, representative. Votecounts would be helpful, if it is not too much trouble.

Apologies in advance for the double post I'm about to make
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Aronis »

I decided to put all my votes in a separate post. While I am fully aware this is wasteful, I do think it would be easier to count if they're listed next to each other.

VOTE: NO P001
VOTE: NO P003
VOTE: NO P005
VOTE: YES P013
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Aronis »

Representatives, I present to you my first bill proposal. I think it offers many great benefits for our society and I urge you to pass it. I am spoilering it because it is kind of long.

Spoiler: P016
A new fiat currency will be created. It will be named 'Charletons' in honor of representative Charles510. The Charleton Reserve will be established to oversee this currency.

Section A. The Charleton Reserve Oversight

The chair will oversee the distribution of Charletons and track the number of Charletons every player has. Charletons will be tracked through a separate wiki page that is visible to all players. Aronis will serve as the chair. Other positions may be added to aid the Chair at their discretion. The chair is responsible for updating the Charleton wiki page a minimum of once a week and will be responsible for interpreting rules related to the distribution of Charletons.

Section B. Allowances and Salaries

All players in the game will immediately be granted 510 Charletons upon passage of this bill. Anybody that joins the game for the first time following the passage of this bill will be granted a one time boon of 510 Charletons.
A weekly allowance of 51 Charletons will be given to every player provided they vote on one (or more) bills throughout the duration of the week. The weekly allowance will be given out by the Chair to all eligible players within 48 hours of the week ending.
A player will receive an immediate one-time allowance of 1 Charleton for every page top post they make. In the event the player double posted to obtain this page top, they will be ineligible to receive the allowance.
The Chair of the Charleton Reserve will receive a salary of 5 Charletons a week provided they update the Charleton page at least once.
The Game Moderator(s) will receive a salary of 10 Charletons per week provided they make at least one meaningful update to the wiki.
Other salaried positions may be added through the passage of new rules.
A player may receive multiple allowances/salaries a week as long as they meet the requirements.

Section C. Infractions

Should a player fail to follow a rule, they will be fined 5 Charletons for each infraction.
All rule violations that occurred prior to the passage of this bill cannot be prosecuted.
A player may have an account with negative Charletons due to excessive rule infractions.
Should a player commit three or more rule infractions in a week, they will be ineligible to receive an allowance and/or a salary.
A rule may increase or decrease the fine for a specific offense by specifying that within the text.

Section D. Usage

Charletons may be transferred to any player in the game by posting an order in bold in the main game thread.

I think a currency would be really helpful and I think this is the currency to do it. I am willing to modify this bill as needed to get it passed. I don't have to be the chair, I just didn't want to stick Inferno/skitter with added responsibility if they don't want it. I'm also willing to change salary/allowance amounts if they are perceived as too high/low.

Obviously I VOTE: YES P016
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Aronis »

okay question on P003- it lacks the support to amend the two immutable rules, but has enough support to amend the mutable rule- does it like partially take effect? either way it should be resolved soon since everyone has voted on it.

Also not exactly sure who submitted P015- but it wasn't me

VOTE: NO P016
VOTE: YES 023
VOTE: YES 024

I still want a currency, but there were some great recommendations brought up- so I plan to resubmit the bill at a later date with modifications. So my first currency bill should be defeated now
23 and 24 should be passed now with my support as well
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: YES P018

Regarding coalitions, I like the idea, but I would like the rules around them to be a little bit more clearer. Specifically- I think there should be a way to join a coalition after it has already been created and definitely a way to leave the coalition that is defined by our universal rules. Especially if chairs are given some capacity to vote on behalf of their members, the members need to be able to leave as a safeguard to prevent abuse by the chair.
The only other thing I had wondered is if there was a minimum number of people that should be required to join the coalition?

I'm not opposed to 022. I wondered if maybe we should use separate terms for making something immutable v. making something mutable to avoid any confusion though

lastly with regards to 026- 1. wouldn't 022 need to pass BEFORE you use the language 'transmute' in rule proposals? Also there's no rule 208 to transmute on the wiki?
VOTE: NO P026
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Aronis »

Spoiler: P027
A new fiat currency will be created. It will be named 'Charletons' in honor of representative Charles510. The Charleton Reserve will be established to oversee this currency.

The chair will oversee the distribution of Charletons and track the number of Charletons every player has. Charletons will be tracked through a separate wiki page that is visible to all players. Aronis will serve as the chair. Other positions may be added to aid the Chair at their discretion. The chair is responsible for updating the Charleton wiki page a minimum of once a week and will be responsible for interpreting rules related to the distribution of Charletons.

All players in the game will immediately be granted 110 Charletons upon passage of this bill. Anybody that joins the game for the first time following the passage of this bill will be granted a one time boon of 110 Charletons.
A weekly allowance of 26 Charletons will be given to every player provided they vote on one (or more) bills throughout the duration of the week. The weekly allowance will be given out by the Chair to all eligible players within 48 hours of the week ending.
A player will receive an immediate one-time allowance of 1 Charleton for every page top post they make. In the event the player double posted to obtain this page top, they will be ineligible to receive the allowance.
The Chair of the Charleton Reserve will receive a salary of 5 Charletons a week provided they update the Charleton page at least once.
The Game Moderator(s) will receive a salary of 10 Charletons per week provided they make at least one meaningful update to the wiki.
Other allowances and salaried positions may be added through the passage of new rules.
A player may receive multiple allowances/salaries a week as long as they meet the requirements.

Section C. Infractions

Should a player fail to follow a rule, they will be fined 25 Charletons for each infraction.
All rule violations that occurred prior to the passage of this bill cannot be prosecuted.
A player may have an account with negative Charletons due to excessive rule infractions.
Should a player commit a rule infraction during a week, they will be ineligible to receive any allowances and/or salaries.
A rule may increase or decrease the fine for a specific offense by specifying that within the text.

Section D. Usage

Charletons may be transferred to any player in the game by posting an order in bold in the main game thread.

I made numerous amendments to this to make it more attractive and address some of the concerns brought up. I decreased both the starting amount and weekly allowance for charletons and increased the fine. These two actions combined mean that the punishment for fines is approximately 24 times more severe than under the old rule. Also, I modified another rule under infractions. Any rule violation prohibits individuals from earning salaries/allowances that week. So in essence, if you commit a crime, the fine is closer to 50 Charletons, because you won't be allowed to collect a weekly allowance. Lastly, additional rule passages could increase the fine for specific rules as needed. Obviously, there is no way to completely eliminate rule violations via Charletons, but there is definitely more of a discouragement now.

I think this bill covers the basics for currency and is a great starting point. It gives us something to work towards in this game and opens the door to a lot of new opportunities in my eyes. I urge your support.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #109 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 108, OkaPoka wrote:P027 is still going to suffer from gradual inflation

printing currency shouldnt be automatic
I don't necessarily see why gradual inflation is bad? If you could explain the problem with that, that'd be helpful

If I placed a cap on the amount of currency allowed in circulation, would you support the bill?
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #112 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 111, Formerfish wrote:are you guys accepting roaming nomads into your society?
Yes
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Aronis »

I'd vote in favor of 007 if there was an explanation of like what the executive is or does
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #151 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by Aronis »

P031: A Bill to Eliminate Legislative Backlog

1a. All Proposals will have a time limit of 96 hours. If the 96 hours elapse and a decision has not been reached on the proposal, it will fail.
1b. If more time to decide on a bill is deemed necessary, any player may motion to extend the time limit.
2. Each player is limited to one current proposal. They must either retract it or wait until is passes or fails to create a new one.

Obviously all old bills are grandfathered in and lack the time limit. Players with more than one current proposal are also grandfathered in.
This proposal is designed to make the game easier to follow and prevent us from compiling dozens of bills that nobody particularly cares about. I think 4 days is plenty of time for most people to see a bill and vote- but I could be persuaded to slightly increase it if necessary.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #164 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 153, Formerfish wrote:
In post 151, Aronis wrote:
P031: A Bill to Eliminate Legislative Backlog

1a. All Proposals will have a time limit of 96 hours. If the 96 hours elapse and a decision has not been reached on the proposal, it will fail.
1b. If more time to decide on a bill is deemed necessary, any player may motion to extend the time limit.
2. Each player is limited to one current proposal. They must either retract it or wait until is passes or fails to create a new one.

Obviously all old bills are grandfathered in and lack the time limit. Players with more than one current proposal are also grandfathered in.
This proposal is designed to make the game easier to follow and prevent us from compiling dozens of bills that nobody particularly cares about. I think 4 days is plenty of time for most people to see a bill and vote- but I could be persuaded to slightly increase it if necessary.
do you require a second?
If you'd vote yes it'd pass and that'd be really exciting
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: N P006 - no significance
VOTE: N P007 - too vague
VOTE: N P009 - i feel like my bill addresses the backlog issues better and it already got passed
VOTE: N P011 - see above
VOTE: N P015 - pretty sure i didn't propose this, but either way it can die
VOTE: N P019 - too vague, lacks safeguards that I mentioned earlier, I really just want this old stuff to die so the wiki is cleaner
VOTE: N P020 - see above
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Aronis »

I'm going to try to update the wiki- I'll put a log of everything I do here in spoilers so if needed, it can be changed back pretty easily
updated through P020- I'll try to finish the 20s/30s soon

Spoiler: Defeated
===P006===

Proposed by: NMSA

Yea (1) - NMSA

Nay (4) - Inferno, Charles510, Formerfish, Aronis

Any rule which has an effect retroactively requires a supermajority to pass.
===P007===

Proposed by: NMSA

Yea (3) - NMSA, skitter, okapoka

Nay (4) - Inferno, Charles510, Formerfish, Aronis

The office of Executive is established.
===P011===

Proposed by: Inferno

Yea (1) - Inferno

Nay (4) - NotMySpamAccount, Formerfish, Charles510, Aronis

Players may only make 1 proposal to add or remove a single rule OR 2 separate proposals to amend or transmute a single rule on their turn. In addition, on their turn they may perform any number of motions on their turn.
===P015===

Proposed by: ???

Yea (0) -

Nay (4) - OkaPoka, Inferno, NotMySpamAccount, Aronis

A player may retract their proposal at any time. When this occurs it does not go into effect and cannot be voted on any longer.
===P019===

Proposed by: NotMySpamAccount

Yea (1) - NotMySpamAccount

Nay (4) - Inferno, Skitter, Formerfish, Aronis

Any group of players may, at any time, declare themselves a COALITION. The CHAIR of said coalition must post the name of the coalition in the thread, as well as all players who are part of it. All listed players must confirm that they are part of this coalition. Once they do, the coalition is official, and can determine its own rules and regulations to be followed by its members. The chair of a coalition may exercise any ex officio right granted to him by a proposal.
===P020===

Proposed by: NotMySpamAccount

Yea (1) - NotMySpamAccount

Nay (4) - Inferno, Skitter, Formerfish, Aronis

If permitted, either conditionally or otherwise, by the rules of his coalition, the chair of a coalition may exercise some or all of the votes delegated by members of his coalition. If the chair does so, the players whose votes are delegated are treated as if they themselves had voted in the standard way. Any vote delegated to a chair may be changed by the delegating player at will.

Spoiler: Passed
===P008===

made into r307
===P012===

Yea (4) - Inferno, NotMySpamAccount, Charles510, Formerfish

Nay (0) -

All players have the ability to perform a Motions so as they may ignore any turn restrictions placed on them by other rules. They may do this in conjunction with making proposals, and in conjunction may submit more proposals that the stated limits by any rules. However, should the motion fail, a number of those proposals, chosen by the player who submitted them, must become void and cannot come into effect, so that the player's turn falls under the restriction placed on them by any other rules.
made into rule 308
===P014===

Yea (4) - Inferno, NotMySpamAccount, Formerfish, Charles510

Nay (0) -

Amend R104 to state: "No-one may edit or delete any post on the the game thread, with the exception of the initial post, which may be edited to display important information at the discretion of the moderator, or in the sole case to adjust proposal numbers so they are in accordance with the numbers of other proposals in this thread, so as to avoid confusion."
made into r309
===P018===

Yea (4) - Inferno, NotMySpamAccount, Aronis, Formerfish

Nay (0) -

A player who creates a proposal controls that proposal. The controlling player may alter their proposal at any time before it is passed. Players may not alter the proposals they do not control, but they met suggest changes that can be adopted by the controlling player. Whenever an alteration is made to a proposal, the new form of that proposal must be posted in the thread and all votes on it are reset, except for the controlling player's vote.
made into r310
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #171 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Aronis »

P031 also passed with five votes in favor (Aronis, Formerfish, Charles510, skitter30, NotMySpamAccount) - I made it rule 311 and I'm pretty sure the wiki is up to date now
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #175 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 173, Inferno390 wrote:Time out
How did P012 pass without P010?
Will someone double check that work?
Charles510 and Formerfish both voted yes on the former and no on P011
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #178 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Aronis »

Spoiler: P027.1

The chair will oversee the distribution of Charletons and track the number of Charletons every player has. Charletons will be tracked through a separate wiki page that is visible to all players. Aronis will serve as the chair. The chair is responsible for updating the Charleton wiki page a minimum of once a week and will be responsible for interpreting rules related to the distribution of Charletons.
The Charleton Reserve will print 5000 Charletons upon the passage of the bill. It will use those Charletons to pay boons, salaries, and allowances. Any fines collected will be deposited back into the Reserve. Should the Reserve be depleted, all boons, salaries, and allowances will cease being paid. The Charleton Reserve may only print more money if granted permission through a proposal or motion.

All players in the game will immediately be granted 110 Charletons upon passage of this bill. Anybody that joins the game for the first time following the passage of this bill will be granted a one time boon of 110 Charletons.
A weekly allowance of 10 Charletons will be given to every player provided they vote on one (or more) bills throughout the duration of the week. The weekly allowance will be given out by the Chair to all eligible players within 48 hours of the week ending.
The Chair of the Charleton Reserve will receive a salary of 2 Charletons a week provided they update the Charleton page at least once.
The Game Moderator(s) will receive a salary of 4 Charletons per week. The game moderator is defined as somebody who made at least one meaningful update to the wiki or another substantially beneficial action that progressed the game state in that given week.
Other allowances and salaried positions may be added through the passage of new rules.

Section C. Infractions

Should a player fail to follow a rule, they will be fined 20 Charletons for each infraction.
Should a player commit a rule infraction during a week, they will be ineligible to receive any allowances and/or salaries.

Section D. Usage

okay I have updated this bill.
The update:
put in inflation control mechanisms and altered salaries, etc
removed the add position line
increased clarity of actions required to earn the game moderator salary

as always, I'm willing to modify it further if people have concerns/suggestions
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #181 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 180, Formerfish wrote:You guys seem to know better about whats going on, ill let you all handle the changes being made to the wiki for a bit.

Let me know when there is something that needs my attention.

Did the turn system pass and become active yet?
I don't think so
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #219 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 218, Charles510 wrote:I'm still active.

Will vote more soon.
also still here just hoping my currency bill finally passes
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #250 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Aronis »

Unless I'm missing something, skitter also voted in favor of P027 (in addition to the people listed on the wiki), so it passed, right?
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #270 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Aronis »

oh man i should do something with this
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #280 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:42 am

Post by Aronis »

I'll vote on the stuff I haven't soon. I'm busy this weekend - but I'll try to find some time
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #311 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:05 am

Post by Aronis »

VOTE: YES P041

I'm still very busy and don't have much time, but this bill is a no-brainer to pass

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”