Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 800, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 734, Spangled wrote:Whoops must have misclicked there.
How?
When I quoted 198 in .
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The parts about not expressing many stances and kinda going with the flow I feel are accurate.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 826, Gamma Emerald wrote:The parts about not expressing many stances and kinda going with the flow I feel are accurate.
But you don’t think that they’re at all AI?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not really, it's mostly just a mood thing, kinda been in a chill/lazy mood this game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 352, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 206, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, RC most awesomest wrote:sky give extension

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
@Espresso: Outside of the coalition, I would lynch LUV>Great

torn about LUV though, like the quote above, how likely is Sky to extend the day if scum are so openly against it in the thread like this?

but then i don't like LUV's pop ins this game and i dislike his buddying of RCMA so i'm not sure
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by Hectic »

oh and his LAMIST posts earlier in the game
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by Hectic »

Gamma's responses are really lazy but they feel genuine to me, like he's not overreacting or being really defensive, just taking the criticism as criticism of his town game
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 829, Hectic wrote:
In post 352, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 206, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, RC most awesomest wrote:sky give extension

-nsg
This plz
The short deadline kinda makes forming a decent coalition hard. Even if we just get an extended D1 deadline I'll be happy
The bitching about the deadline is annoying. The coalition is not isn’t the be all end all. I’d be pissed as scum right now if Sky granted this.
@Espresso: Outside of the coalition, I would lynch LUV>Great

torn about LUV though, like the quote above, how likely is Sky to extend the day if scum are so openly against it in the thread like this?

but then i don't like LUV's pop ins this game and i dislike his buddying of RCMA so i'm not sure
@Hectic
I really don’t want to do this mod-WIFOM game; I don’t think it will help us considering all the corollaries and possibilities — scum!LUV could have given an okay in the PT but been opposed to it in-thread, etc, etc. It is a waste of time.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:17 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 831, Hectic wrote:Gamma's responses are really lazy but they feel genuine to me, like he's not overreacting or being really defensive, just taking the criticism as criticism of his town game
I just feel like in his cop game he was actually more active and proactive and less sheepy, which seems like the opposite to what you’d expect...
I’m very conflicted on how to read his general nonchalance, actually.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:41 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 774, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think limiting the lynch pool solely to those who were in the failed coalition is more likely to lead to a town loss.
Can you elaborate on this?
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 777, EspressoPatronum wrote:
NC-LUV

- NC clearly didn't understand the purpose of voting within the coalition
, so it's possible they would try to put both scum in the coalition + try convincing people to vote outside of it.
I think you’ve completely misunderstood what I did and didn’t understand about the mechanics of this game. As I have already explained, the ONLY thing I was confused about, was the
timing
of the finalizing of the lynch part of it.

I played this game before as well as GS, so I totally do understand how coalitions work but we won D1 (or so I thought) in Skitter’s game, so the lynch part of that, never came into play and in GS, we voted coalitions and lynches on SEPARATE days, not
simultaneously

So, what I had understood, was that any lynch would obviously be voided in case of coalition pass but I thought, we had to have decided on it, BEFORE we knew the outcome of the coalition and then we were suddenly expected to rush the vote, before we had any real info to process - coalition result . Thank God, Sky granted us an extension.

I hope you are now clear on this?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 832, Spangled wrote:@Hectic
I really don’t want to do this mod-WIFOM game; I don’t think it will help us considering all the corollaries and possibilities — scum!LUV could have given an okay in the PT but been opposed to it in-thread, etc, etc. It is a waste of time.
fair enough, NAI then
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 833, Spangled wrote:
In post 831, Hectic wrote:Gamma's responses are really lazy but they feel genuine to me, like he's not overreacting or being really defensive, just taking the criticism as criticism of his town game
I just feel like in his cop game he was actually more active and proactive and less sheepy, which seems like the opposite to what you’d expect...
yeah, i'm in two other games with him but they're both ongoing, so can't comment unfortunately
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 833, Spangled wrote:
yeah, i'm in two other games with him but they're both ongoing, so can't comment unfortunately
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:13 am

Post by NC 39 »

Rush the vote while we were still deciding on the coalition and after it failed, only 10 hours. We vote a coalition of who we think are the towniest players and we’re suddenly supposed to make an informed decision in under 10 hours? No lynches are bad for town but preventable - rushed decisions due to insufficient amount of time - are much much worse. I did check back before 6 without knowing for sure who I was going to vote for. I am so relieved I actually have time now to think about it.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:21 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 785, RC most awesomest wrote:I stopped playing this game because you guys talk about the game and play the game like everyone thinks you're hot fucking shit when in reality you haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about
I don't think the concepts of

not trying to policy lynch a slot that I'm in
not ignoring the reads of the strongest town player in this game (debatable wrt NSG but she's in my slot so)
not going out of your way to shit up the game for me in a way that's going to screw over both my investment and my capacity to generate good reads

really if any of you are town what exactly is it that you think is going to happen?

it has taken absolutely ridiculous levels of awful for town to lose games that i've been in this year and you guys managed to throw the coalition and no lynch

sorry, when you guys failed the coalition and can't get a lynch through before the deadline the play isn't to hyperscrutinize my actions

you can't get a fucking lynch through, you don't stand a snowballs chance in hell if i'm scum

so
FUCK OFF
I already thought nsg was super townie but this is 100% town RC. In GS, scum!RC just did nothing while town ultimately cannibalized itself.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:23 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 792, YOUAREGREAT wrote:typo. my real lynchpool is hectic/expresso/alchemist21
Glad you clarified that. When did Espresso become one of your top sr?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:25 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 798, Skygazer wrote:
Please take note of the new deadline in the previous vote count.
You’re really the best Sky. I think at least one of the many reasons we lost GS, was because the mod completely ignored my extension request.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:40 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 799, Hectic wrote:lul, RCMA is obvtown here now, right?
unless someone can say they've seen RC do this before as scum?

still happy to lynch Alchemist. is just so bad and he's contributed nothing of value since

my preference atm is Alchemist>LUV>Gamma/Great?

VOTE: Alchemist
How is RC’s alignment relevant to Alchemist’s?

I think RC is obvtown regardless.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:03 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 802, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 768, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'd vote Alchemist
Why are you considering voting outside the coalition?
In post 803, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 774, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think limiting the lynch pool solely to those who were in the failed coalition is more likely to lead to a town loss.
We're not doing it the whole game, just starting there day 1.
LUV was the first one to suggest, that limiting lynches to just inside coalition was antitown but no one so far, has explained why.

Espresso agreed but just not on D1. So, if we vote inside coalition today and if we don’t get a scumflip, why is this different after that? @Espresso, your take on that confuses me.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:05 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 843, NC 39 wrote:
In post 799, Hectic wrote:lul, RCMA is obvtown here now, right?
unless someone can say they've seen RC do this before as scum?

still happy to lynch Alchemist. is just so bad and he's contributed nothing of value since

my preference atm is Alchemist>LUV>Gamma/Great?

VOTE: Alchemist
How is RC’s alignment relevant to Alchemist’s?

I think RC is obvtown regardless.
did i say it was?
but obvtown RC scumreading Alchemist does make me more happy with my read
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:08 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 806, RC most awesomest wrote:I'll probably get scumread for saying this but I think it's pretty unfair to scum to have the deadline extended here.
I think that having under 10 hours to rush a lynch is horribly unfair to town. I think it’s a design flaw in the setup of this type of game. I would change it to 10 days to choose coalition ONLY and another week to decide lynch - like they did in GS.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:15 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 835, NC 39 wrote:
In post 777, EspressoPatronum wrote:
NC-LUV

- NC clearly didn't understand the purpose of voting within the coalition
, so it's possible they would try to put both scum in the coalition + try convincing people to vote outside of it.
I think you’ve completely misunderstood what I did and didn’t understand about the mechanics of this game. As I have already explained, the ONLY thing I was confused about, was the
timing
of the finalizing of the lynch part of it.

I played this game before as well as GS, so I totally do understand how coalitions work but we won D1 (or so I thought) in Skitter’s game, so the lynch part of that, never came into play and in GS, we voted coalitions and lynches on SEPARATE days, not
simultaneously

So, what I had understood, was that any lynch would obviously be voided in case of coalition pass but I thought, we had to have decided on it, BEFORE we knew the outcome of the coalition and then we were suddenly expected to rush the vote, before we had any real info to process - coalition result . Thank God, Sky granted us an extension.

I hope you are now clear on this?
Thank you for the clarification. This is the post I was referring to btw:
In post 671, NC 39 wrote:
In post 666, EspressoPatronum wrote:Assuming we pass a coalition and it fails, nobody should be voting to lynch outside of the 5 coalition members.
Why not? IF coalition fails - unless you think there’s two scum in it - unlikely. So, for today and today only, IF we lynch, it makes the most sense to lynch amongst the two scummiest players NOT in coalition. It was definitely GREAT for me, until Hectic decided to sub himself for Gamma pretty much immediately after voting the coalition.
I see how the timing misunderstanding coloured your interpretation of who we should be voting for. While that's good to kniw, I'm not sure if it changes my pairings observation.

Scum operating under your assumption above would likely want two scum in the coalition if they thought town would be voting outside of the coalition. In the case at hand, you advocated to remove LUV from the coalition once you learned about the timing. It was probably nothing, but it's why I think an NC-LUV pairing is possible while all the other in-coalition pairings seem unlikely.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:16 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 844, NC 39 wrote:
In post 802, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 768, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'd vote Alchemist
Why are you considering voting outside the coalition?
In post 803, Gamma Emerald wrote:
We're not doing it the whole game, just starting there day 1.
LUV was the first one to suggest, that limiting lynches to just inside coalition was antitown but no one so far, has explained why.

Espresso agreed but just not on D1. So, if we vote inside coalition today and if we don’t get a scumflip, why is this different after that? @Espresso, your take on that confuses me.
@NC that's Gamma's quote, not mine
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:16 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 810, Hectic wrote:
In post 806, RC most awesomest wrote:I'll probably get scumread for saying this but I think it's pretty unfair to scum to have the deadline extended here.
gotta agree with you there
like of course town are going to want an extension given how long we took to decide on a coalition
lpart of scum's strat today could be delaying the resolution of an agreed upon coalition so that there's not a lot of time to discuss a lynch
and this extension effectively negates that

anyway, i should shut up
I think not granting an extension here, makes the game broken. I lost a game on MU that was a scum stomp, mostly because the design was beyond ridiculously scumsided.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”