micro 886: mbos6 william tatney. game ogre

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:52 am

Post by mastina »

In post 26, Citceh wrote:Hey, everyone. This is Bobby McHec'bob speaking. First of all, I'd like to inform the mod that we don't plan on remaining anonymous (Hectic and Egduf). Best for EVERYONE involved if there's previous meta to examine. GREAT, I am SO happy that is now sorted out. Now that we have that out of the way and into the dumpster, I have some fucking fantastic reads I'd like to give out in my next post. Hope you BOTHER to read them.
I'm actually waiting for exactly that, because my plan going into this game was to sheep your vote. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 28, Citceh wrote:
In post 7, tris wrote:Does anyone know who william tatney is?
Still Bobby speaking. This is CLEARLY an attempt to direct discussion towards non game-related and scum-finding stuff. How DISAPPOINTING. Let's lynch her with a THERMONUCLEAR WARHEAD. Glad to see we have you on our side, Mastina. Hope you enjoyed my fucking fantastic read. That's all from me for a couple of weeks.

VOTE: tris
VOTE: Tris
Citceh is an anonymous hydra.
Virtually every anonymous hydra contains at least one of Any/Krazy/Ali.
Any of those three, if town, are sheepworthy.
They have a 75% chance of being town.
Therefore, there is a 75% chance that sheeping their vote is a good idea.

My logic is flawless. :cool:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #236 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:24 am

Post by mastina »

Full disclosure I am utterly...can't remember quite the right word, starts with a 'd' and is similar in meaning to 'detached' but carries a different exact connotation to it.
But, I'm that word towards this game. There's an utter disconnect there for me here in that I feel no energy, no passion, no strong stances, etc. I don't even really feel like posting now but need to to not eat a prod/replacement.

With that having been said.

Quicklynch aside.

My vote on D1, while it was sheeping Citceh, wasn't exactly a joke.
I legitimately thought that tris was suspect.
Separately, even though I sincerely doubt that they're scumbuddies, I actually have suspicions about Doctor Drew as well.

When it came to Clemency, my instincts were to gut-townread him even though that I intuitively know and recognize that the things I want to townread him for are probably not alignment indicative. But fuckit I'll stick with that townread in spite of its shitty basis because I need all the help I can get and having some semblance of a townread would be helpful.

From there I did a lazy halfhearted generic crap VCA:
In post 219, schadd_ wrote:
Charles510 (5):
Citceh, Doctor Hopson, EspressoPatronum, tris, Charles510

tris (2):
mastina, Doctor Drew
Doctor Hopson (1):
DrDolittle
not voting (1):
Clemency
I believe that the Charles wagon was mostly towndriven, but probably not exclusively town. (The only possible scumteams there are DD-DD, DD-Clemency, and DD-Clemency. None of those feel particularly likely to me.)

If tris is scum, then with Doctor Drew probably not being her scumbuddy in spite of my scumread on him, then if my Clemency townread holds I'd expect it to be DrDolittle.
If Doctor Drew is scum, then with tris probably not being her scumbuddy in spite of my scumread on her, then the possible scum options are Citceh/Doctor Hopson. While either of those are possible--I'm not convinced they're town--I'm not really "feeling it" in terms of either of those as a scumteam; they don't feel right to me.

So given this.
Kinda lean towards tris-DrDolittle here, so.
VOTE: tris
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #237 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 am

Post by mastina »

Actually.
I prefer this.
VOTE: DrDolittle
He's actually the stronger of the scumreads in the duo of tris/DDL.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #290 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:29 am

Post by mastina »

In post 239, tris wrote:
In post 236, mastina wrote: My vote on D1, while it was sheeping Citceh, wasn't exactly a joke.
I legitimately thought that tris was suspect.
Why did you suspect me at that point?

Also, could you explain your scumreads on Drew and Dolittle?
All originate from the same source: early D1 play feeling forced/fabricated.

None of these are particularly strong, mind you, though I feel that the reasoning on ddl is actually legitimately sound, solid logic which actually incriminates him whereas my scumreads on you and Drew are more like, "I find this suspicious, even though I am not sure it's scum indicative".

Basically you're scumreads-for-lack-of-better-options, whereas ddl I actually feel is legit just obvscum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #291 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:31 am

Post by mastina »

In post 248, DrDolittle wrote:mastina's a much better player than what 236 exhibits, even when shes disengaged. But those reads sound false.

Like... her best read is still from page 1 on tris? The only association on me is that im off wagon, and somehow i become the biggest scum read.

it much rather sounds like lazy-scum doing positioning, and coming up with nonsensical poe to back it up.
Let me ask a counter question: would you say that it's fair that I am a better scum player than what 236 exhibits?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #295 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 294, Doctor Hopson wrote:@Mastina: Why do you gut townread/lean Clemency despite him not saying much?
Basically.
Clemency's posts come off as natural, not forced, easy, just kinda chilling and relaxing while still being engaging and looking like scumhunting in their own unique way--the reason that's not actually a stronger townread though is that objectively I know that Clemency's like that as scum, too, even though I am naturally inclined to think that attitude/approach comes from town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #313 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:28 am

Post by mastina »

In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote:Quickly going through mastinas iso, and at the risk of omgus, can you please expound your scum read on me a little bit?
was 55-45 scum-town.
was 60-40 scum-town.
The read gained some steam in , because the unvote felt forced, something done because it'd look town rather than done for actual logical reasons.
The reads in feel flat.
Overall your content feels like it's not really there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #318 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:36 am

Post by mastina »

In post 304, Citceh wrote:How did your read on DDL progress to obvscum between those posts?
I reread D1 and read his posts. When I started, I was going off of memory. But then I reread the game and remember JUST how bad Dr Dolittle's posts were--and also remembered that this is the sort of posting which matches my mental map of his scumplay meta.
In post 304, Citceh wrote:What's your sound logic on DDL being scum?
Well for a start. I am like 90% sure this is his scum meta.
and were the initial scumread. His tris's interactions felt like scum theater--even if tris isn't scum, they felt incredibly fake regardless of her alignment.

However.
The real scumread came from .
That post?
Pure scum posting. It is the type of post that I enter the game when I'm scum making: a big post to try and be logical and establish strong stances which generate townreads, but all of it is forced. It is 100% entirely a scumpost. It's what made me go from thinking he's scum vaguely to "oh yeah this guy's lockscum".
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #322 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 315, DrDolittle wrote:Your case on me is literally - yo drdo is an awkward person that plays fabricated.
Yup, sure is!
The problem is your townplay isn't. You think it is, but it actually isn't.
In post 315, DrDolittle wrote:Call it burden of proficiency, call it lurking scumbutt, call it senseless logic, but this is not town mastina playing.
In post 291, mastina wrote:
In post 248, DrDolittle wrote:mastina's a much better player than what 236 exhibits, even when shes disengaged. But those reads sound false.

Like... her best read is still from page 1 on tris? The only association on me is that im off wagon, and somehow i become the biggest scum read.

it much rather sounds like lazy-scum doing positioning, and coming up with nonsensical poe to back it up.
Let me ask a counter question: would you say that it's fair that I am a better scum player than what 236 exhibits?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #354 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 330, Citceh wrote:
In post 318, mastina wrote:
In post 304, Citceh wrote:How did your read on DDL progress to obvscum between those posts?
I reread D1 and read his posts. When I started, I was going off of memory. But then I reread the game and remember JUST how bad Dr Dolittle's posts were--and also remembered that this is the sort of posting which matches my mental map of his scumplay meta.
In post 304, Citceh wrote:What's your sound logic on DDL being scum?
Well for a start. I am like 90% sure this is his scum meta.
and were the initial scumread. His tris's interactions felt like scum theater--even if tris isn't scum, they felt incredibly fake regardless of her alignment.

However.
The real scumread came from .
That post?
Pure scum posting. It is the type of post that I enter the game when I'm scum making: a big post to try and be logical and establish strong stances which generate townreads, but all of it is forced. It is 100% entirely a scumpost. It's what made me go from thinking he's scum vaguely to "oh yeah this guy's lockscum".
Might sheep this. Heard you're some kind of a good player, right Mastina?

VOTE: DrDoLittle L-1

No need to claim yet though.

-Hectic/Serene-a
Why is it that people think that I am a good town player when I tell them repeatedly, and am demonstrably, not a good one? I made a name for myself as a damn good scum player, but not once have I ever been a good town player.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #355 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:14 am

Post by mastina »

I mean.
I can scare scumteams. I know that quite often, I intimidate scum to the point where they are afraid of me to some extent, but objectively I am a shitty player. Not good at scumhunting, bullheaded, stubborn, prone to tunneling town, usually fighting town, dragging the town in the wrong direction. I have a saving grace of competency at setup spec, but even there, I'm not immune to making game-costing erroneous assessments.

What makes me be good in anyone's eyes?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #356 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 am

Post by mastina »

In post 339, tris wrote:I find both mastina and dolittle to be scummy, so I'm not sure where to go here.

The points mastina is making are a good argument, but she doesn't seem like town her. Why is that, mastina?
You asked that already and I didn't answer. The reason I didn't is, what answer is there to give? I am town. I generally am incredibly self aware; I have a good understanding of when I am acting as my usual town self and when I am just "off"…
…And this game? I don't feel off. I don't feel different than usual. I don't see a difference and I don't get why you think that there is one.

I have a disinterest in this game, true enough, and that has affected the passion of my reads, in the sense of not really strongly being attached to them yet also not really trying to evolve them, but while I obviously would prefer that to not happen, it happens almost every game at some point or another, so I know it can't be that.

And if it's not that, then what IS it? I don't see anything, I don't feel anything, I am my normal self. So I can't answer, because you're asking for me to identify what the source of a nonexistent thing is.

If you think that this is different from my town self, then simply put: your model of my town self isn't accurate.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #357 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:31 am

Post by mastina »

Phone's being an ass, so re: ddl:]Being logical and trying to take stances isn't what town do; it's what scum think town would do, especially at that point in the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #359 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:22 am

Post by mastina »

I hard tunneled two town D1, directly rallied the town to lynch town when before I was playing they were considering lynching scum, hard defended scum even in the 3p lylo where I thought it was more likely that the other town player was scum slowrolling rather than following my own rule of Occam's razor, protected scum when handed a protective role, intended to instavote town in 3p lylo and only couldn't because my intended vote was the night kill, and was absent during the critical time I needed to be around both in 5p lylo (day ended before I could better explain myself, which would've put me in a better position in the final day) and in the 3p lylo (was absent when the hammer vote was being considered so didn't get a chance to rebuke the scum).

What about that game is good?
It's scary; it's intimidating. But the only reason scum didn't stomp is through two consecutive tactical errors in assessment of the gamestate. I literally did everything possible to hand them the win on a silver platter, it was only them not realizing that I had done so which made the game be even remotely close.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #419 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 am

Post by mastina »

In post 360, tris wrote:No, that's an example of you being bad town.
Yeah, but you raised it as an example of people thinking I'm good as town thus my correction of that assessment.
In post 380, Mislim Bait wrote:I want mastina's explanation on her worldbuilding on #236 tho
My definition of worldbuilding is vastly different than yours given that my definition doesn't exist in mafia games except in the world of games where the moderator provides unique original flavor.
In post 411, DrDolittle wrote:I claim informed
damp
tracker. I followed n1 hop but he didn't go anywhere.
the damp modifier allows me to track only when my vote is not on a town lynch or on a scum lynch.
The informed part I'll let out if everyone agrees on.
So everyone knows this is bullshit, right? This is 100% a scum fakeclaim.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #442 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:32 am

Post by mastina »

Right so, there is very good reason for Doctor Hopson to be town.
There is very good reason for Mislynch Bait to be town.
I know I am town (tho I'd argue there's also very good reason for me to be town even if I didn't know it).

We've got a mislynch to spare, and three candidates on the table:
tris, Citceh, and Doctor Drew.

If any of you three want to make a case for why someone not in you three should be lynched...you've gotta make a damn good case/argument for it. Because unless you blow my mind out of the water, I won't be lynching outside of you three.
Otherwise: we've got 2 shots with three candidates. Make your case for why you're town and which of the other two is scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #443 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:10 am

Post by mastina »

(Gotta say: on an iso, Drew looks by far the worst of the three, though I can
see
Citceh as scum and obvious as the first proponent of tris-DDL I see that scumteam as well.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #466 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 458, tris wrote:I have nothing to claim.
And why not?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #471 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:51 am

Post by mastina »

I think I'm comfortable with this:
VOTE: Doctor Drew.
That's L-1.
If someone wants the time, they can simply not hammer; if someone thinks that there's nothing productive left to do and they want the day (possibly game) to end then they can hammer.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #491 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:51 am

Post by mastina »

In post 482, tris wrote:
L-1
, btw.
Tris you are a mad genius.

I'm not convinced that Drew is town.
He could be scum who, just in case, hoped that there wasn't a hammer, so didn't admit that the game was over even if he thought it was.

He could be scum who KNEW that the game wasn't over, so faked his reaction as a way to potentially get off the hook.

For these reasons, he's not off the hook.

But I do admit that there's the very real chance that he just did legit think that he was lynched, as town.

My main takeaway from this:

I very much don't think that this is a move Tris pulls here if she's scum. It'd be literally suicidal; she'd be shifting the lynch from a mislynch right onto herself (see also, Dr Hopsons vote switch).

Given that, I now favor Citceh or Drew today, and if the game doesn't end, the other tomorrow.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #511 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 am

Post by mastina »

I WAS PLANNING ON POSTING ONCE HOME FROM WORK AND WAS LITERALLY LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR TOO SLOW TO AVOID THE PROD
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #529 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:34 am

Post by mastina »

In post 528, tris wrote:Well, that's an actual kill during the night.

VOTE: No Lynch
While I understand the theory behind no lynching since technically speaking we have no conftown and if someone we thought was conftown doesn't die whereas someone under suspicion does die (e.g. Citceh who I was planning on voting today Hopson's objections be damned), I still lean towards this being a scumclaim to create a more favorable lylo where whoever's considered the most competent town player is killed overnight.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #531 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:02 am

Post by mastina »

In post 530, tris wrote:why my vote specifically?
Because I believe schadd's rules on No Lynch is that it's exactly 50% of the voters so I believe you hammered the no lynch.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #537 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 533, Doctor Hopson wrote:That sounds stupid.
I basically have no internet here.

We're cop. Mastina please roleclaim right now. In the absence of anything weird, Mastina is scum.

-Hop
Nice try.
I'll claim if, and only if, schadd confirms that the day isn't over, but regardless of whether it is or not I can already tell you that you're fakeclaiming.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #542 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:20 am

Post by mastina »

In post 538, Doctor Hopson wrote:Refusing to claim here is objectively bad.
No, claiming just before night starts is objectively bad and I am waiting on the mod to confirm that hasn't happened before I do so.
In post 538, Doctor Hopson wrote:Unless you think I'm town fakeclaiming cop then there's no reason not to claim since I'd be confirmed bad to you.
I do think precisely that for one simple reason.
Your claim is, stupendously, obviously a fakeclaim not for just one reason but for multiple compounding reasons.
Given that it is self-evidently a fakeclaim the only question would be which alignment is more likely to make that potentially game-costing fakeclaim.
If you were scum then making a fakeclaim this terribly bad would be absolutely gamethrowing--you were in no position to be lynched before the claim but after the claim because it is a stupidly obvious fakeclaim you're in prime position to set yourself up to be lynched.

That sounds a lot less likely than the alternative.
Where if you were town then making a fakeclaim this terribly bad would simply be a case of thinking you had a great idea but not realizing the multitude of holes in the plan, not thinking it through, thinking "hey this sounds like a good idea" but not realizing why the idea is actually stupid and could never work as intended. Something where you go in with an idea, an expected outcome, but where it doesn't pan out because you overlooked a critical flaw or two in your idea.

Something which COULD be gamethrowing, but which I can at least trace the thought process behind because I've done similar as town before.

If you're scum and you really were committing to the cop claim, you'd be gamethrowing; if you're town and you made that cop claim, you'd have an idea behind it which would make it not gamethrowing even if the claim endangers the town because of the obvious flaws in the plan.

I'll quite happily explain this in further detail!

If schadd confirms that the day has not ended.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #544 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 542, mastina wrote:
In post 538, Doctor Hopson wrote:Refusing to claim here is objectively bad.
No, claiming just before night starts is objectively bad and I am waiting on the mod to confirm that hasn't happened before I do so.
In post 538, Doctor Hopson wrote:Unless you think I'm town fakeclaiming cop then there's no reason not to claim since I'd be confirmed bad to you.
I do think precisely that for one simple reason.
Your claim is, stupendously, obviously a fakeclaim not for just one reason but for multiple compounding reasons.
Given that it is self-evidently a fakeclaim the only question would be which alignment is more likely to make that potentially game-costing fakeclaim.
If you were scum then making a fakeclaim this terribly bad would be absolutely gamethrowing--you were in no position to be lynched before the claim but after the claim because it is a stupidly obvious fakeclaim you're in prime position to set yourself up to be lynched.

That sounds a lot less likely than the alternative.
Where if you were town then making a fakeclaim this terribly bad would simply be a case of thinking you had a great idea but not realizing the multitude of holes in the plan, not thinking it through, thinking "hey this sounds like a good idea" but not realizing why the idea is actually stupid and could never work as intended. Something where you go in with an idea, an expected outcome, but where it doesn't pan out because you overlooked a critical flaw or two in your idea.

Something which COULD be gamethrowing, but which I can at least trace the thought process behind because I've done similar as town before.

If you're scum and you really were committing to the cop claim, you'd be gamethrowing; if you're town and you made that cop claim, you'd have an idea behind it which would make it not gamethrowing even if the claim endangers the town because of the obvious flaws in the plan.

I'll quite happily explain this in further detail!

If schadd confirms that the day has not ended.
In post 543, schadd_ wrote:i dont have a sub-majority rule for no lynch, day continues
As promised, I am a VT.

So the reasons why:

1: schadd hates cops.
Specifically, cops. As in, schadd_'s ruleset almost always contains the following stipulation: Subject: large normal 219: COOL NEW ANIMALS (done!!)
schadd_ wrote:Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor
Subject: large normal 218: tweets (bong)
Subject: mini 2048: more songs (game ougre)
schadd_ wrote:
Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor
Subject: mini normal 2042: labeled pictures meme mafia (game over)
schadd_ wrote:Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor (though traitor isnt normal in 7:2 anyway :] )
Subject: mini normal 2027: advice mafia (endgrame)
Subject: mini 2013: the chorus of i'll call b4 i cum mafia (all done)
schadd_ wrote:Nobody will be a cop or a psychologist.
Subject: micro 816-I: spaam (normal game) (gambe over)
schadd_ wrote:Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor (im pretty sure traitor is abnormal with 2 mafia anyway).
There can't be a Cop in this game because schadd_ would never put a Cop in ANY of his games.

2: There can't be a Cop-like role because...

...This game would have Follow the Cop if so...in a MICRO.
Espresso was a Doctor. Full, UNGATED, doctor. Not restricted in any way shape or form. DrDolittle was a Goon. Not a mafia power role. A goon. Even after Espresso's N1 modkill, the scum had two nightkills fail--and since I'm a VT and tris claimed VT, you're left with either
-MLB has a PR which can prevent kills by some method, or
-The mafia had some mechanic in play preventing them from making nightkills for at least two nights.
If it is the former, then this game would have proven two roles capable of stopping the nightkill, and you're saying that on top of those two roles capable of stopping the nightkill there's a powerful unambiguous investigative on top of that? Fuck no there isn't.
If it is the latter, then this game would have a proven role capable of stopping the nightkill PLUS the scum being unable to make a nightkill, and on top of that you're saying there's a powerful unambiguous investigative? Fuck no there isn't.

3: There's no scum power role that schadd_ would ever use which could make the setup be balanced.

Again, DDL was a goon. There was a full Doctor in the game. What scum power role could have such mystical strength as to make the game be balanced? Strongman? In a micro game with two nights scum didn't kill? Proven to be pretty damn impossible. Godfather? In a micro with only two scum? Too absurdly broken. Roleblocker? Unless they're multitasking, not strong enough because with an early scumbuddy lynch they can't both kill and block. And if they are multitasking, then they've had two chances to stop town PRs every single night...and you're saying that they managed to twice miss the nightkill and three times miss the investigative?

4: schadd_ MBoS games are notoriously light on power roles.

I frankly was expecting Espresso to be our only PR--there's obviously with the lack of mafia kills the chance that the town has another killstopping role, but there sure as fuck isn't an ungated investigative.

5: schadd_'s investigative roles are notoriously gated.

One-shot, Novice, one-shot novice, even-night, even-night one-shot, and the like, are all the sorts of modifiers that schadd_ would tack onto the PRs...even GIVEN the setup being light in power roles. It is 100% a schadd_ thing to do for a given setup to have, sayyy, a Novice 1-shot Neapolitan as the town's only power role. Ungated Cop when there's a flipped Doctor is about the polar opposite of schadd_'s design.

6: Fundamental game balance dictates any remaining power be incredibly light.

Again, this isn't a Large game. This isn't even a Mini game. This is a MICRO. Where there are two scum; half the scumteam can end up dead on D1. This is a game where every player who is conftown is a player that scum can't deal with especially given we have a flipped doctor. If there's so much as two players who are conftown, scum basically can't win; even having so much as one player be conftown makes the game ALMOST unwinnable for scum especially given the Doctor and whatever stopped the kills after the Doctor died.

7: The claim is obviously not a real one because of the approach behind it.

If you had two innocents and there was only one player uninvestigated, you would immediately opt for voting the uninvestigated player, declare your results unambiguously, and commit in fully.
If you had an innocent and a guilty, you would immediately opt for voting the guilty, declare your results unambiguously, and commit in fully.

Instead, you opted to not try and vote and to keep the results deliberately ambiguous. A big gigantic red flag as to you fakeclaiming.

The utter lack of critical thought behind the claim, because all of these are pretty stupidly obvious and confirmable with very little research, made me immediately jump to the conclusion of town fakeclaiming because scum fakeclaiming would be more likely to do some semblance of research to realize why Cop would be the absolute worst possible role to claim.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #552 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:35 am

Post by mastina »

In post 546, Doctor Hopson wrote:We are a rolecop with a negative modifier that can give us no result under X conditions (which we haven't got as a result).
We've checked Citceh and everyone except Mastina who's still.alive as VT. That's why we insisted yesterday was a win since we townread Mastina.
I don't think you'd put a rolecop in with two vanilla mafia. Then it's just mod speculation. Any setups like that by the mod?
-hop
I can answer that quite easily, but first, I want something from you:
Can you give a fullclaim of your role paraphrased as exactly as possible, with the results you've gotten paraphrased as closely as is possible?

What your role is precisely affects my answer so I need that detail first.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #561 (isolation #28) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 am

Post by mastina »

In post 553, Doctor Hopson wrote:(redacted) rolecop
Investigate to get role. VT/goon both come up as vanilla. If (redacted) my action will fail. (I'm assuming this is no result but I'll ask just in case it's really badly worded)
All results = vanilla, only names differed in wording.
Alright, story checks out. What I was mostly checking on is that in your original claim you said rolecop with results of vt, so I was making sure you weren't scum who legitimately did scumslip by mixing up your roles, confusing rolecop and Neapolitan.

As promised, I can provide my answer to this now:
In post 546, Doctor Hopson wrote:I don't think you'd put a rolecop in with two vanilla mafia. Then it's just mod speculation. Any setups like that by the mod?
As a matter of fact: Subject: micro 840: Wolfs (complete.)
schadd_ wrote:oh . . mastina and shmeep . . . HELLO! you both received the same role PM
(Goonx2) Subject: mystery box of silver 5: mafians this isover
schadd_ wrote:yo! all three of you got the same PM, i.e. mafia goon. you may talk here at any time & one of you will perpetrate a kill each night. bo-ring!
(Goonx3)

Two of the previous MBoS games I played in were all-goon scumteams.

Even in the games which didn't have an all-goon scumteam...the mafia role here was a n4 jailkeeper; the mafia role here was informed macho mafioso, informed that there was a Neapolitan that knew there was a Macho in the game more or less. (It was a nothingness role, basically.)

The only MBoS game to break this tendency was the third but that game was an abnormality in all regards; it was heavy in town power and in scum power and frankly is an oddity in the series (and by no coincidence is also the game I know the least about to be honest; I mostly know about the first, fourth, fifth, with some knowledge of the second).

schadd_ has also modded multiple games where there were all-goon scumteams outside of the MBoS series, too.

So basically: schadd absolutely would put a rolecop with two vanilla mafia.

You also have to keep in mind: a staple of the series is the mafia being given information that the town lacks, and the mafia often being forced to give the town some form of advantage. In MBoS 4, this even manifested in the game becoming nightless past a certain point, something they had no control over; that is one of the reasons why the lack of kills this game could very well just be scum having been unable to kill those nights.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #566 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:22 am

Post by mastina »

In post 565, tris wrote:
In post 562, Doctor Hopson wrote:Would want to avoid Tris or Mastina voting no lynch if possible so run down the day timer intentionally without voting or doing anything?
what would this accomplish? mafia could just decide to no kill.
I won't explain why, but the mafia nokilling is desirable for multiple reasons, reasons which lose their effectiveness if explained.

So, would be happy to test the theory out.
I sincerely doubt that the scum will no kill, but I would be quite glad if they did.
Suffice to say, while I don't think that the plan will work, the merits behind it are at least worth trying out.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #571 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 570, tris wrote:where are you all!
Hey I had the last post in the thread last time, don't blame me. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #578 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 573, Doctor Hopson wrote:@Mod: happy to end the day early in the same way as ending night early. This is not a no lynch vote.
^
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #584 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 581, schadd_ wrote:oic. ok, if all players claim they plan to stick with their current voting position i will end the day.
^I approve of ending day.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #588 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:48 am

Post by mastina »