Advice for Building a Desktop

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I wanna hijack this thread like a douchecanoe

I have a gaming PC I spent a lot of money on a couple years ago, but it doesn't seem able to run Borderlands 3 at smooth framerate.

It seems like I can't be more than 1 part away from actually having it be on par with BL3 but I don't know enough about PCs to figure that out. My friends helped me build it but then when I ask them about the parts later it is less exciting to them than building it in the first place was.

The graphics card is "NVidia GeForce GTX 970". The processor is "Intel Cor i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz", and it says that 8 times so I guess I have 8 of them?
Is there any other part that would matter?
I have a fancy water based cooling system I'm supposed to replace every 2 years but didn't, but my core temp monitor says 30 degrees Celsius which ought to be ok?

Maybe I should just overclock? I think I'm not overclocking right now.

Thanks if anyone knows stuff.

Pine please don't hurt me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

:(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

According to google it doesn't have a reliable framerate even on consoles, which is precisely targetted hardware.

So you're right, the game probably has a performance bug and I should chill.

Now Pine will hate me xtra
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My one thing is maybe I should get more memory, I have to uninstall games I actually might have a whim to play to make room sometimes.

I remembered to check on driver software I think it might just be borderlands three.
"Well, I..."

Return to “General Discussion”