Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Crap this game went by really fast.
JDodge wrote:
Kison wrote:The moderator implied that all the Pikmin are stupid.

"You Pikmin are too uptight."

Implies you are not included in this statement, which therefore implies you aren't a Pikmin.

"No wonder the moderator called
you
stupid."

Implies you are not stupid, despite the moderator stating that Pikmin in general are stupid.

So... What's going on here mate?!
It's so damn obvious how it was intended that the arguments about this make me want to fling myself into the mouth of the nearest Creeping Crysanthemum.

"You Pikmin"
does not in any way imply that he is not a Pikmin
. You say "You people", right? Are you not a person?
Agreed. This post has made the most sense so far. I can see that you (Kison) are closely analyzing GS's posts to draw some scum tells, but a simple difference in idiomatic meanings or small grammatical issues in general shouldn't be worthy of a vote.

I'll put a
FoS: UA
because whether you're a Pikmin or an "enemy", self voting isn't helpful.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:38 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Hmm...

Unvotes Shin Hatsubai

Votes JDodge

Very scummy, indeed.
What a wagon. With a bad excuse to boot. One person's argument is enough proof for you to switch your vote?

Vote: Zombie
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Hmm. I actually find the circumstances which Flameaxe and farside died seems to be a bit more helpful.

One was killed by an enemy that can use electricity. And the other was killed by getting "blown off the map" according to the death list on page two.

After looking at the Pikipedia, it seems like these monsters can potentially "blow pikmin off the map": Puffy Blowhog, Withering Blowhog, Man-at-Legs (blow pikmin away by explosives, maybe not so likely).

These can eletrocute: Anode Dweevil, Titan Dweevil, Anode Beetler.

Judging from the fact that there are Purple pikmin, Red pikmin, blue pikmin, and probably yellow pikmin and white pikmin. It is likely that there is an enemy that each pikmin is immune to. Yellow pikmin would've withstood the electricity and purple pikmin might've withstood the "getting blown away". So I believe there is a group of Blowhogs (probably 3) that only one can perform an attack at night (in this case the Puffy Blowhog decided to attack). And there might be a group of Dweevils (probably 2) that can either electrocute or poison (since Blowhogs can't do either) OR one Titan Dweevil (Serial Killer) that can burn, spray water, electrocute, and poison.

So the pikmin town might either be facing two separate enemy groups or one enemy group + an SK with multiple ways to attack.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

I'm here as well. That is a highly amusing picture, mike.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

No one has talked since the placement of the deadline.

Vote: Greasy Spot
for the hammer of the Purple Pikmin, ZS. And for other past scum vibes.

I'll be busy this week, Mod. Don't replace me, please. :D
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:15 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I concur with JDodge's case on Kison. Kison, early on, seemed to take many opportune votes, switching between bandwagons.

I would rather see more pressure on Kison than GS.

Unvote: Greasy Spot; Vote: Kison
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:31 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

JDodge makes a good point.
Vote: JDodge
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:47 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

At first I thought the hammer was scummy, but, as GS pointed out, there was a good amount of time where people made cases against ZS, which could have prompted GS to hammer. I feel like had it been anyone else, we'd be jumping on that wagon instead of the GS one.

Vote: GW
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Claus wrote:JtP, why are you voting Kison and JDodge?
JDodge for just some weird vibes from him, and to put him at the same votes as GS.

Kison because of his early game bandwagoning, switching between people who have only slight suspicion. Kison seems very opportunistic in his play.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

I don't know. GS had some suspicions on him even in Day 1. Why would he hammer, as town, knowing that it might lead to a miss lynch, thus adding even MORE suspicion on him?

Then again, I know that ZS was innocent, so that would add a bit of a bias, but still. If he is town and I was standing in his shoes, I wouldn't have hammered.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Well I was also considering the fact that he is scum and that he wouldn't hammer as well, a third party wouldn't do that as well either.

I guess either way you look at it, GS is just inexperienced (not as inexperienced as myself). I still don't buy the inexperienced TOWNIE card just because of the hammer error. He could still be mafia/SK.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #12) » Sat May 03, 2008 7:11 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

@Kison:
As soon as GS makes the "slip", post 41: vote on GS. Bandwagon forms. Note: windkirby votes for GS because they "trust" in Kison from last game? I guess assuming someone who was good, pro-town last game is instantly good, pro-town this game.
Vote: windkirby

As soon as SH asks GS for "what type of pikmin", post 58, switch to SH. That bandwagon forms.
Also, when the ZS wagon forms, you agree that he was suspicious and that there are "warranted votes" on him and I daresay that you might've been close to hammering him, except GS did it first. Then at Day 2, you attack GS for hammering.

Fun times.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #13) » Sat May 03, 2008 10:09 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Smells scummy?
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #14) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:36 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Yeah I don't think a GS or a Gorrad lynch would be good.

Either windkirby, Kison, or sonickid, IMO. Sonickid hasn't been very helpful throughout this day.

Vote: Sonickid
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #15) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

windkirby wrote:My theory is that there is a group of traditional, non-elemental enemy scum (of which the Puffy Blowhog was a part), as well as, as has been suggested before, a Titan Dweevil serial killer who can choose which element to kill with (although it seems poison has been discluded), although that isn't to say I would bank on the matter.
Yes, I did suggest a Titan Dweevil as a potential SK, but it seems like there's another kind of type of enemy. hasdgfas got eaten, which was a different method of killing than I expected (yes, I know that most enemies in the Pikmin games ususally just consume, but then the Pikmin immunities could be rendered useless if there is an enemy that can consume, unless Purple/White Pikmin are immune to consumption?).

In any case, the Puffy Blowhog lynch seems to confirm that at least one group of Blowhogs, the group decides which Blowhog does the kill, etc. Maybe the Titan Dweevil (SK) can consume along with all it's regular powers? If not, the consumption seems to suggest that the staple Pikmin monster exists: The Bulborb. So a third killing party?

Question to everyone: Is it also safe to assume that opposing anti-pikmin killing groups are immune to each other? This would suggest why a third death didn't come up and confirm that Gorrad was, in fact, One-shot Bomb Rock Yellow Pikmin.

GS seems suspicious because of sonickid's protective-ness along with GS' sudden eagerness to vote the one who claimed One-Shot Bomb Rock Pikmin. (I considered it as a fake claim as well in Day 2, since Bomb Rock Pikmin seems pretty easy to claim, but last night's results seem to suggest Gorrad was truthful)

But the fact that so many Yellow pikmin died also suggests this: If there are a lot of killing groups, would the chance that there are multiple One-Shot Bomb Rock Pikmin be high? And if so, maybe hasdgfas was one and killed JDodge at night with his Bomb Rock. However, I feel that if Gorrad were mafia, it would be very chancy to gambit claim that he killed JDodge at night, when there might be other Bomb Rock Pikmin in this game, who might've killed JDodge at night.

In any case,
Unvote; Vote: Greasy Spot; FOS: Kison
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #16) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

EBWOP:
Unvote; Vote: GS; FOS: Kison
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #17) » Sat May 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Also, I didn't really do vote "hopping" Day 2. I just voted all the people I found suspicious. :P
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #18) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Well, we did have the ability to vote as many people as we want. Why not vote someone you are mildly suspicious of?
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #19) » Mon May 12, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Of course, flip floppiness could be also the sign of a information-less townie.

windkirby: You've been backing Kison constantly throughout the game. It started with post 47 with the "kison knows what he's doing" without every considering that he's an enemy? Unless you guys are the same side, which would only happen if you're both Anti-Pikmin.
Post 57, an unvote, nothing too informative. Some role naming theory.
Then post 103 you stand up for Kison and attack JDodge, who consequently is a pikmin, for attacking Kison with valid arguments, I might add.
Then post 116, a one sentence summing up that you agree with Kison, without providing extra input. Why don't you ever question Kison, what makes you think he's on your side, if you're a Pikmin?
Post 184, easy jump vote on the hammerer. More role theory. Mild attack on JDodge.
Post 211, telling mod to post vote on JDodge. Eager to lynch him, hm?
Post 231, nothing informative, but a sudden change of heart in voting. Guess your past votes on JDodge weren't too serious. Flimsy voting, potential buddying up to a very vocal Pikmin?
Post 251, re-mild attack on JDodge.
Post 262, voting for GS without much explanation? But you've been attacking JDodge oh so much, at least, to the best of your ability.
Post 282, noting a short leave of absence.
Post 304, agreeing with skitzer.
Post 324, agreeing with Gorrad.
Post 351, finally somewhat of a reason why you're voting for GS, but I suppose it came right after Kison's attacks on GS. That's understandable.
Post 359, increased aggression on GS.
Post 375, more attacks on GS. I suppose attacking JDodge while Kison is arguing with JDodge would be a bit too obvious? At least you guys are voting for the same person.. both people. (JDodge and GS)
Post 380, reasons against JDodge, but not reason enough to lynch him apparently. (JDodge clarifies this nicely in post 389).
Post 393, good thing you like the way your votes are, would be a shame if you started forming attacks on other suspicious players.
Post 408, JDodge threatens to vote people? Oh no. This is a side of JDodge I've never seen before. Ever. Maybe he really believed GS wasn't Anti-Pikmin and that another miss lynch would really hurt the Pikmin?
Post 421, hammering a suspicious townie IS pretty suspicious isn't it? Man if all scum hammered townies, that would make our job a lot easier, wouldn't it?
Post 423, WIFOM speculation on JDodge's 422. And scum voting with their scum buddy isn't very smart either.
Post 429, agreeing with skitzer. Good thing you'll take your votes to consideration. Voting without thinking would suck, wouldn't it?
Post 436, Kison's posts inspire you to do something that you should already be doing as town. Good thing he's keeping you on your toes.
Post 447, more attacks on GS.
Post 460, questioning my reasoning of my vote on you. Good thing I made this post.
Post 487, ignoring the Sonickid bandwagon and asking me for confirmation (hey I take my time with this). Clearly Kison had the right idea of joining the wagon. Guess you didn't want to vote the Blowhog. :(

And that's all of Day 1, Day 2. I normally don't like PBP as I was only going to point out a Kison/windkirby pair, but it seems like I should go through the entirety of windkirby's posts before I
Unvote; Vote: windkirby

Unlike ZS, I'll claim my role before I'm about to be lynched. Just don't quick hammer me. :P
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #20) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Well I considered the 4 possible scenarios:

1) WK and Kison are both innocent.
2) WK is innocent and Kison is guilty.
3) WK is guilty and Kison is innocent.
4) WK and Kison are guilty.

However, WK's interaction with Kison... and with everyone in general isn't really townie or maybe deceptively townie-like. He often "agrees" with people but never formulates his own ideas. If WK was innocent, he should be more "figuring things out" rather than going with general consensus, which is what I believe his case on GS and on JDodge has been. Kison potentially could be innocent, because his interactions against JDodge weren't very scummy, and had I been in Kison's situation, I would've reacted in the same way. The only scummy things I have seen Kison do was his voting opportunism, which is not as scummy as windkirby's strange pairing with Kison.

Because of this, I can only see 3 and 4 as possibilities, which pins WK as guilty in both situations. Especially since, Kison hasn't really "buddied up" with WK, at least not to the extent that WK has done. Also, the lack of a vote on Sonic yesterday was a bit scummy. I initially voted for GS, solely on his vote on Gorrad, who I believed was innocent. I found that I jumped the gun a bit, and feel that WK has done much scummier things in the posts mentioned in my last post.

Kison is a very vocal player, and I can see WK as trying to support Kison's cases to gain his trust, especially upon seeing that Kison was attacking JDodge heavily, who has now been revealed to be a Pikmin.

That's why I voted for WK rather than Kison.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #21) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:12 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Well, I've never played with JDodge before, same with Flameaxe. And I found their methods to be, strange. So when JDodge voted around... 7 people, I figured that he was voting everyone who he either thought was truly suspicious, or people that he can easily formulate a case against, if they decided to question his vote. So when he said that we should vote everyone we think would make a good lynch, I voted for him to tell him that even though he can provide a reason for everything he does, it doesn't make him town. And he was pretty controlling, especially on post 398, which made me keep my vote on him.

And my GW vote on Day 2 was mainly OMGUS. And his recent inactivity. He never did give a reason why he's voting for me. Could you explain your vote on me on Day 2, GW? Someone speculated voting for the lurkers, but I want a clarification.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (isolation #22) » Thu May 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Wasn't that quick. Sun Apr 6 1:26 PM you voted for me.

I got a prod Thu Apr 10 7:45 pm.

Responded to prod Fri Apr 11 9:51 pm.

Started to get into the game Sun Apr 20 8:07 pm.

Only realized your vote on me and responded Thu Apr 24 10:47 am.

I picked up speed when people started to question my votes on other people.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #23) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

windkirby wrote:Implying he is not a Pikmin and then hammering a player before giving adequate time to claim are both completely fine with you? I'm not saying they're the worst possible, but they're the worst I see here. Who do you feel is more suspicious than Greasy Spot?
Still going on about the "you Pikmin" thing? What about GS' other posts? Please enlighten us with new info, rather than rehashing everything that everyone else has said.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #24) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:49 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

MOD: WILL BE V/LA FOR TWO WEEKS. REQUESTING REPLACEMENT. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #25) » Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Looks like my access is not so limited! I'll check back on what's been said so far. It's late here on the Eastern Hemisphere.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:42 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Checking in from prod. Will respond with something in next couple days. Vacation is almost over.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:24 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I'd rather see a windkirby lynch. Personally. :P
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:01 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Hey, I'm checking in from the prod.

Should I claim now, or wait?
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (isolation #29) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

I'm White. If that helps.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Bulbmins look like they can be converted into an enemy of Pikmin. Based on what the pikminpedia says.

Claus has never really settled too well with me. I would be fine with a Claus lynch.

Concerning purple pikmin - Anode Dweevils, it seems like Purple pikmin can 100% stun one when thrown, which is interesting, to say the least.

Also, I would like to point out that if Louie does come sometime today as a confirmed innocent, it's more than likely that we're dealing with a lot more enemies. In a normal 18 player setup, you would typically see around 5-6 enemies, but if a confirmed inno is coming into play, the enemy count could jump to 6-7, which means we could be in a Lylo situation, assuming the enemy can kill two pikmin in a row.

The Puffy Blowhog and Anode Dweevil can be linked to most of the night kills in the past. The only night kills we've been seeing are by consumption, possibly the Blowhog/Dweevil had a one-shot use of their abillity, and potentially the Blowhog was a Serial Killer, seeing as how Blowhogs don't consume Pikmin and that there was only one Pikmin that was resistant to the Blowhog: Zombieslayer (Purple pikmin). Unless there is another Blowhog that managed to hit a pikmin with a resistance to it, like a Fiery Blowhog, night kill immune but unable to kill at night (which seems likely due to the amount of Red Pikmin that have claimed.

Another way to look at it is that the enemy monsters could be hiding their fire/water/lightning/poison based attacks and only attack through consumption until there was a mass claim, such as this one, so they can attack simultaneously effectively winning the game.

Last thing I would like to point out is that white pikmin, when eaten, will do damage (potentially killing the enemy), so maybe White Pikmin have a bomb-like ability.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:55 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Well, my role doesn't say that I have a bomb-like ability. It only says I'm immune to poison. But I haven't seen a poison-like "death". I assumed there was some latent ability that White pikmin aren't informed of. When I got my role I assumed that upon my death, a monster would die, because that's how it is in the game.

Claus, I didn't vote for you, I just said I would not mind you being lynched. :P There's a difference.

But I love the hasty voting on me. :) Looks like I found the enemy.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:02 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

"PetroleumJelly... I mean... Louie will be running the show for awhile." Didn't read this line. My bad.

"The only way that Bulbmin can be killed if they are not under your command - that is, before ever being whistled -
is if a Cannon Beetle flattens them, get squashed by another enemy
"

I thought that converted them into the enemy, at least when I played the game. In any case, I know Bulbmins have fought my pikmin before in the game, so I don't consider a bulbmin as a pro-town role.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

So sure I lied? I said White Pikmin may have a bomb-like ability. :P And I don't doubt it, since there are only two whites, of a sea of other pikmin, so the chances of one of them getting killed is very rare. I don't think I was wrong to surmise an ability that I wasn't explicitly told by the Mod.

Anyways I'm still fine with the Claus lynch.

Also, Gorrad, there could be a possibility that the Reds are like normal townies that have a useless immunity, AKA there is no fire-based enemy.

Also, realize that there have only been death by "consumption" so far. So there is also a possibility that the Blowhog and the Dweevil were both SKs and there is a group (3-4) that can only kill by consumption. Which means the red/blue/white pikmin just act as normal townies (unless white pikmin have a bomb-like ability, like I said). Also one of the yellows had a One-shot Vig ability, so it wouldn't be too unlikely that the Dweevil was by himself.

This is also assuming that Dweevil's can't kill by just normal consumption. If they could, then your theory is more likely, Gorrad.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

And also, because I love WIFOM. I want to point out that I was the only one that caught onto windkirby at the end of Day 2, and actually got you all to start considering windkirby as a lynch subject at the start of Day 3.

I don't see why armlx is getting all the credit for getting windkirby lynched.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Meh. If I get lynched because of speculation, then it's my fault. But I only speculated because that's how white pikmin acted in the real game.

So, if let's say I WERE to get eaten at night, I would not be surprised if the enemy who ate me died either that night or in a later night.

Anyways, I won't let my lynch be in vain. As long as my dying words spell out a Claus lynch tomorrow I'm all up for being a sacrifice.

Claus' play all of Day 3, especially his hesitation to lynch WK and his continued pressure on my lynch from Day 3 to today. As you guys will soon see, if this lynch goes through (which it probably will), Claus will seem more guilty.

And that's all I care about. :)
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

The problem is. IF White Pikmin do have a latent bomb ability, I would rather not be lynched, since I might be of more use to town than your average Pikmin.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

This lynch has pretty much failed. Going off of speculation. It wasn't even a slip. I have played in games where bombs do not know they have a bomb-like ability. So I don't see why people are jumping on this wagon.

Rather, I would like the town to focus their attention on the people voting for me, who are using this opportunistic time to get a townie lynched with pretty poor reasoning.

Gorrrad is the confirmed innocent, listen to him.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:55 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I don't think I need to bring this up but
Short Days Hurt Town
. And I don't think the town has gained anything from this day, except a soon-to-be Pikmin lynch.

I'm willing to bet that at least 3 of the people voting for me are scum. And if this lynch goes through before this page is finished, town better get their asses in gear and focus on the people who decided to get me quick lynched. Especially because these people aren't listening to the confirmed innocent (Gorrad), which is hilarious in itself.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

For Kison: From the Wiki:
This role is usually designed to kill anyone who night kills it, and also whoever casts a final lynch vote. Although multiple versions exist.

The first time I've ever played with a bomb was in the MafiaScum chat, and I was told I was a townie, yet when mafia killed me, they died along as well. So I believed there was a vig or some kind of secondary killing group. At the end of the game, I was told I was a bomb who wasn't told he was the bomb.

I can't recall who moderated it, or the participants (maybe Ether?). But that was my first experience as a bomb. Since then I haven't played with a bomb.

I put my bomb experience into this game because in the Pikmin video game when White Pikmin are consumed by monsters, they deal damage even after death.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:09 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:
Gorrrad is the confirmed innocent, listen to him.
Bad logic. Confirmed innocents can be and often are wrong. The only reason their voice holds more weight is it is known to be unbiased by alignment, which isn't as big a deal as you seem to think or are claiming it to be.
Yes, but from the looks of things, he is saying no to this lynch while a group of 5-6 people are saying yes. It's like no one is listening to him at all. Your logic is the bad one.
armlx wrote:False (future info from mass claim, plus your major slip) and also appeal to emotion.
If you agree with the mass claim, then does that also mean that you believe there is only one White Pikmin in this entire game. If you think so, why?

Appeal to emotion or not, I already know what will happen when this lynch goes through and I'm trying my best to prevent it from happening.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:14 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:So your defense is you assumed the mod was lying to you?
First off. I never said the mod was lying to me. All he stated as a "NO" was that I do not have a night choice. So if I do have a latent bomb ability, he doesn't have to tell me (if it's part of the flavor). If he had said "you are a white pikmin, you have no other ability except your ability to vote", and then I was given a bomb ability I didn't know of, THEN he would be lying.

And what I am using as my defense is my prior experience with the bomb because it was the only time I have been the bomb. So I don't think it was wrong of me to assume that I had a bomb ability that I was not told of if it happened before.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:24 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:I don't see how this proves any points. It's just a lime saying "Ur BAD!" for no reason. If one person disagrees with 5-6, default is not that the minority is right. I agree with him the reds are a good place to look for scum, but that will be once we lynch the better sub-set of scum (hint: it might be you).
If there is a tomorrow.
armlx wrote:Right now I do, mainly because your post where you speculated on what your own role did in the abstract.

And mod hiding part of your ability without hint is pretty close to lying.
I've been a miller not told I was a miller. I've been a vengeful townie, not told I had that ability. I've been a hated townie without being told I was a hated townie.

The hint I got from the mod was that I wasn't explicitly told that I didn't have another ability. So I don't think the mod is lying to me at all, assuming I did have a latent bomb ability.

Also FALSE: If a person uses Appeal to Emotion, s/he is scum.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:27 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I would rather this lynch be not based on a "well the mod said this" and "the mod said that". If it comes down to precise wording of whatever the mod says, I'll be extremely frustrated.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:40 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Previous games with Townie PMs:

"
Although you do not have any special abilities
, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!"

"
you've got no special powers at Night.
No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people."

So far all those I have gotten in previous games (which are all over, so I'm not ruining anything). So if I run across a townie PM that states otherwise. I won't assume.

Also I only assumed IN THIS CASE, because this is a themed game based on a video game where the character in question, the White Pikmin, DID have the ability to kill a monster upon death.

I'm not stupid enough to assume otherwise in any other game, unless the character has abilities like that in whatever theme it's supposed to be, for example: If there was a Pokemon themed game, and I was Voltorb, and told that I was a normal townie with no night action, I would instantly assume that I have some sort of bomb/vengeful ability because the character in the game. (Sorry for the childish example, I couldn't think of a better one.)

But now I know what kind of people play MafiaScum, so I'll keep assumptions of those to myself, seeing as how it'll get me lynched every time.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:46 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:Umm, I can't help but LOL at this. The only way there is no tomorrow is if

A) There still is a full 5 man mafia alive
I do recall at the beginning of the game, two pikmin died in one night. Like I said before I think the enemy has the ability to use a fire/electricity/water/poison/air type attack and decide to save it for later. Or maybe there is another SK or two mafia groups + SK that have been unlucky enough to hit pikmin with resistances against them. Or one group of 4-man mafia with the ability to kill multiple times (once by eating, another by a special attack). I don't think it's bad to assume the worst cast scenario.

If that is the case, then 3 pikmin dying tonight is very possible, which would leave 8 players 4-man mafia.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Yer. Apparently White Pikmin in this game have a poison immunity, though I haven't seen a Poison-based death yet, which is why I speculated about my role.

@TheJester: I didn't play in forums when I was the bomb. I played on the MafiaScum Chatroom. I played like a good 20-25 games in total, so I can't recall who exactly moderated it. I'm sorry.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

No I'm not implying super saint.

I've already explained this twice in a row. Here's directly from the Pikipedia:

"White Pikmin are also
immune to poison
, allowing them to destroy poison pipes and walk through poisonous emissions. They also,
when eaten, release toxic secretions, in doing so dealing heavy damage to their predator
. However,
this doesn't prevent their death
, so be careful and only use this ability as a very last resort."

So what I'm saying is, if a White Pikmin dies by getting eaten (not by fire attacks/electric attacks/etc), the enemy who ate him would die either that night or in a later night (kinda like a delayed bomb effect which would fit with the poison theme).
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Claus wrote:That's the thing. You are using the pikipedia to argue that you have a role you don't know about because it "is not written in your role PM". You are boosting your roleclaim to help yourself survive - and I find that scummy.
Or a townie trying to prove his innocence.

But hey. Pretty much anything anyone says can be viewed in a scum/townie point of view. It's the ones that ignore the ACTUAL scumtells that will come off most scummy.

So I'm sorry to say that I find you scummy as well. :)
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (isolation #49) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Misunderstood is the word you're looking for.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Yes, but my role didn't say anything about a bomb ability. Again, the PM didn't state that I had "no other abilities", it just said immunity to poison and lynch enemies during the day. But it never said "you have no other abilities", which is why I assumed that White Pikmin may potentially have a bomb-like ability. The lack of a poison-based attack at night, to me, suggests White Pikmin have more than just immunity.

Other games were games in real life, where I was a townie in a setting where bomb didn't know he was bomb.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

"Since then I haven't played bomb... online" I think that should say.

But uh, if the enemy wants to hammer me, go for it. :)
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Also final last words: Look at Claus' posts from prior days, specifically his reasoning to lynch me and Kison ALONG with his apathy towards windkirby when he was being lynched (and when it was clear that he was mafia).

I would like to point out that even in towards the end of that Day, Claus' main focus was on me, at one point needing armlx's approval before voting windkirby. Kison appears townie to me, since he was willing to hear what I had to say before lynching me, whereas Claus just jumped on the wagon (along with armlx, mind you).

I wouldn't call it armlx and Claus buddying up, because armlx seems townie mainly because of his interaction between windkirby Day 3. But what I saw between windkirby and Kison is exactly what I see between Claus armlx.

Vote: Claus
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:16 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Uh. I'm not saying I'm a supersaint. (I've mentioned this before.)

I'm saying that White Pikmin may have the ability to kill an enemy, if killed at night by consumption. Nothing to do with Lynching during the day.
MafiaWiki - Bomb wrote:This role is usually designed
to kill anyone who night kills it
, and
also whoever casts a final lynch vote.
I hope that makes it easier to understand. Since I don't think a death for final casting a lynching vote would fit the White Pikmin flavor. (White Pikmin killing other Pikmin? Doesn't make sense).

So anyone is free to hammer without fearing a death (based on my assumptions). But uh, my final wish is for town to get their asses in gear and to look up the things I have said, because I think they are VERY RELEVANT.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:32 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

No, he's saying, that based on the role claims, having 2 white pikmin seems more reasonable than having 6 red pikmin (2 dead + 4 claimed).
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

In any case, I'm going to ask the mod afterwards to see if I was right or not. Because if I was, I will laugh in all your faces. :D
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Alrighty here we go. I'll just give a list who I think is inno. Who I'm not sure about, and who I think is mafia.

Innocent:
- Gorrad: His One Shot Vig claim is valid.
- Nightson: I agree with Gorrad that it makes sense for two White Pikmin to be in play. Also Nightson has not come across scummy in any of his posts so far. What little he had to offer, anyways.
- armlx: His actions against Windkirby Day 3.

Guilty:
- Claus: "On the fence" posts. Asked armlx for confirmation to lynch windkirby (the scum). His eagerness to lynch me and Kison, even though windkirby was (in my mind) obviously guilty.
- Xdaamno: "On the fence" posts as well that provide little analysis/substance.

Unsure: Everyone else
- Kison: Leaning pro-town. His attacks on JDodge were fine, even though JDodge #1 was townie.
- Greasy Spot: The attacks on the slip, which was in itself a poor reason, make me think that scum could be jumping on Greasy Spot. I think he's innocent because of the mass claim (2 Purple Pikmin make sense). And also windkirby tried to get town to lynch GS Day 3 using the same weak attack.

I have no real opinion on everyone else. I'll do a read through tomorrow and get a better idea.

How sure am I that I have a bomb ability? 50%. If this Pikmin Themed Mafia is just like the game, then there is no reason that a White Pikmin doesn't have one. I feel like the Mod didn't explicitly state it in the Role PM because by the name alone, a bomb ability can be assumed. This is why on Page one, there is a Pikmin Wikipedia. Do your research, nothing needs to be explicitly said.

Lynching one of the Red Pikmin? Yes, it seems like a valid place to look for scum, because there was such a high number of them. I feel that Red + Blue Pikmin make up for the "Vanilla Townies" since it doesn't seem to me that there is an enemy that can use Fire/Water-based attacks. There was an electrical enemy, which supports the 3 Yellow Pikmin (2 Yellow + 1 One Shot Bombrock). An enemy that blows Pikmin away supports the 2 Purple Pikmin.

I would not mind lynching any of the Red claims or Claus (for reasons above stated).
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

No. I'm saying that armlx's actions against windkirby I agree with. But I don't see why he should be taking ALL the credit for it, when it was actually me who actually got windkirby pinned as mafia Day 2 and the start of Day 3. Since people seem to forget that (notice I'm at L-2). And I'm just frustrated.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Well, Gorrad assumes the Puffy Blowhog was an SK.

I thought there could be two scum groups: Blowhogs and Dweevils.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #59) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Thanks Nightson.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (isolation #60) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Anyways, I don't want my death to be in vain.

So I request that tomorrow, you guys will PLEASE look at Claus and see his posts from previous days. I don't want to die without taking a scum down with me.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (isolation #61) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:20 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Preferably I want Claus to be lynched tomorrow.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (isolation #62) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Bah! Go pikmin! Avenge my death!
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (isolation #63) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:36 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Good job mafia. Town was pretty silly on going forward with my lynch. :P

Never feels good when you get lynched for being the only one who was right.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (isolation #64) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:17 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Still pissed that I was right about my role and got lynched because of it.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (isolation #65) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Still frustrated that everyone lynched me for being the only one who was right.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”