Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Kison »

Well, like I said before, I agree. Not sure on the Red pikmin thing. Will mule this over as I obtain time.

Vote : JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Meh. If I get lynched because of speculation, then it's my fault. But I only speculated because that's how white pikmin acted in the real game.

So, if let's say I WERE to get eaten at night, I would not be surprised if the enemy who ate me died either that night or in a later night.

Anyways, I won't let my lynch be in vain. As long as my dying words spell out a Claus lynch tomorrow I'm all up for being a sacrifice.

Claus' play all of Day 3, especially his hesitation to lynch WK and his continued pressure on my lynch from Day 3 to today. As you guys will soon see, if this lynch goes through (which it probably will), Claus will seem more guilty.

And that's all I care about. :)
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

The problem is. IF White Pikmin do have a latent bomb ability, I would rather not be lynched, since I might be of more use to town than your average Pikmin.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by The Jester »

If you have an ability like that, I'm sure the Mod would tell you. I don't understand someone having a bomb ability and not being told. Speculating about your own role like you don't know about it means you probably don't have it.

Vote: JamesThePhox
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Gorrad »

L-1. Someone unvote, stat.
FoS: Kison, The Jester
. Have y'all not read a thing I've said?

Actually, TJ's red.
Unvote, Vote: The Jester
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:10 am

Post by armlx »

I don't see why armlx is getting all the credit for getting windkirby lynched.
No one is giving me the credit. Where is this coming from?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

This lynch has pretty much failed. Going off of speculation. It wasn't even a slip. I have played in games where bombs do not know they have a bomb-like ability. So I don't see why people are jumping on this wagon.

Rather, I would like the town to focus their attention on the people voting for me, who are using this opportunistic time to get a townie lynched with pretty poor reasoning.

Gorrrad is the confirmed innocent, listen to him.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Kison »

Unvote
for a moment. I don't think I've seen a bomb who wasn't told they were a bomb. Could you show examples?
armlx wrote:No one is giving me the credit. Where is this coming from?
I credited his lynch to you, actually.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:55 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I don't think I need to bring this up but
Short Days Hurt Town
. And I don't think the town has gained anything from this day, except a soon-to-be Pikmin lynch.

I'm willing to bet that at least 3 of the people voting for me are scum. And if this lynch goes through before this page is finished, town better get their asses in gear and focus on the people who decided to get me quick lynched. Especially because these people aren't listening to the confirmed innocent (Gorrad), which is hilarious in itself.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 am

Post by armlx »

Bad logic. Confirmed innocents can be and often are wrong. The only reason their voice holds more weight is it is known to be unbiased by alignment, which isn't as big a deal as you seem to think or are claiming it to be.
I don't think I need to bring this up but Short Days Hurt Town. And I don't think the town has gained anything from this day, except a soon-to-be Pikmin lynch.
False (future info from mass claim, plus your major slip) and also appeal to emotion.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

For Kison: From the Wiki:
This role is usually designed to kill anyone who night kills it, and also whoever casts a final lynch vote. Although multiple versions exist.

The first time I've ever played with a bomb was in the MafiaScum chat, and I was told I was a townie, yet when mafia killed me, they died along as well. So I believed there was a vig or some kind of secondary killing group. At the end of the game, I was told I was a bomb who wasn't told he was the bomb.

I can't recall who moderated it, or the participants (maybe Ether?). But that was my first experience as a bomb. Since then I haven't played with a bomb.

I put my bomb experience into this game because in the Pikmin video game when White Pikmin are consumed by monsters, they deal damage even after death.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 am

Post by armlx »

So your defense is you assumed the mod was lying to you?
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:09 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:
Bad logic. Confirmed innocents can be and often are wrong. The only reason their voice holds more weight is it is known to be unbiased by alignment, which isn't as big a deal as you seem to think or are claiming it to be.
Yes, but from the looks of things, he is saying no to this lynch while a group of 5-6 people are saying yes. It's like no one is listening to him at all. Your logic is the bad one.
armlx wrote:False (future info from mass claim, plus your major slip) and also appeal to emotion.
If you agree with the mass claim, then does that also mean that you believe there is only one White Pikmin in this entire game. If you think so, why?

Appeal to emotion or not, I already know what will happen when this lynch goes through and I'm trying my best to prevent it from happening.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:14 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:So your defense is you assumed the mod was lying to you?
First off. I never said the mod was lying to me. All he stated as a "NO" was that I do not have a night choice. So if I do have a latent bomb ability, he doesn't have to tell me (if it's part of the flavor). If he had said "you are a white pikmin, you have no other ability except your ability to vote", and then I was given a bomb ability I didn't know of, THEN he would be lying.

And what I am using as my defense is my prior experience with the bomb because it was the only time I have been the bomb. So I don't think it was wrong of me to assume that I had a bomb ability that I was not told of if it happened before.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 am

Post by armlx »

Yes, but from the looks of things, he is saying no to this lynch while a group of 5-6 people are saying yes. It's like no one is listening to him at all. Your logic is the bad one.
I don't see how this proves any points. It's just a lime saying "Ur BAD!" for no reason. If one person disagrees with 5-6, default is not that the minority is right. I agree with him the reds are a good place to look for scum, but that will be once we lynch the better sub-set of scum (hint: it might be you).
If you agree with the mass claim, then does that also mean that you believe there is only one White Pikmin in this entire game. If you think so, why?
Right now I do, mainly because your post where you speculated on what your own role did in the abstract.

And mod hiding part of your ability without hint is pretty close to lying.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:24 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:I don't see how this proves any points. It's just a lime saying "Ur BAD!" for no reason. If one person disagrees with 5-6, default is not that the minority is right. I agree with him the reds are a good place to look for scum, but that will be once we lynch the better sub-set of scum (hint: it might be you).
If there is a tomorrow.
armlx wrote:Right now I do, mainly because your post where you speculated on what your own role did in the abstract.

And mod hiding part of your ability without hint is pretty close to lying.
I've been a miller not told I was a miller. I've been a vengeful townie, not told I had that ability. I've been a hated townie without being told I was a hated townie.

The hint I got from the mod was that I wasn't explicitly told that I didn't have another ability. So I don't think the mod is lying to me at all, assuming I did have a latent bomb ability.

Also FALSE: If a person uses Appeal to Emotion, s/he is scum.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:27 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I would rather this lynch be not based on a "well the mod said this" and "the mod said that". If it comes down to precise wording of whatever the mod says, I'll be extremely frustrated.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:35 am

Post by armlx »

If there is a tomorrow.
Umm, I can't help but LOL at this. The only way there is no tomorrow is if

A) There still is a full 5 man mafia alive.

B) Cult with all successful recruits and none dead yet.

Doubt it.
The hint I got from the mod was that I wasn't explicitly told that I didn't have another ability. So I don't think the mod is lying to me at all, assuming I did have a latent bomb ability.
:roll: I don't buy this one bit. By that logic any of the basic townie PM's could be a bomb as they only say they have no night choice.
Also FALSE: If a person uses Appeal to Emotion, s/he is scum.
It's not a for sure deal, but it certainly falls under defending yourself with circular logic.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:40 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Previous games with Townie PMs:

"
Although you do not have any special abilities
, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!"

"
you've got no special powers at Night.
No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people."

So far all those I have gotten in previous games (which are all over, so I'm not ruining anything). So if I run across a townie PM that states otherwise. I won't assume.

Also I only assumed IN THIS CASE, because this is a themed game based on a video game where the character in question, the White Pikmin, DID have the ability to kill a monster upon death.

I'm not stupid enough to assume otherwise in any other game, unless the character has abilities like that in whatever theme it's supposed to be, for example: If there was a Pokemon themed game, and I was Voltorb, and told that I was a normal townie with no night action, I would instantly assume that I have some sort of bomb/vengeful ability because the character in the game. (Sorry for the childish example, I couldn't think of a better one.)

But now I know what kind of people play MafiaScum, so I'll keep assumptions of those to myself, seeing as how it'll get me lynched every time.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:46 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

armlx wrote:Umm, I can't help but LOL at this. The only way there is no tomorrow is if

A) There still is a full 5 man mafia alive
I do recall at the beginning of the game, two pikmin died in one night. Like I said before I think the enemy has the ability to use a fire/electricity/water/poison/air type attack and decide to save it for later. Or maybe there is another SK or two mafia groups + SK that have been unlucky enough to hit pikmin with resistances against them. Or one group of 4-man mafia with the ability to kill multiple times (once by eating, another by a special attack). I don't think it's bad to assume the worst cast scenario.

If that is the case, then 3 pikmin dying tonight is very possible, which would leave 8 players 4-man mafia.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Kison »

Well, the way I read your first post on this subject, I didn't get the feeling that you assumed it was true that you could be a bomb. The problem I had with it mainly was the fact you would would speculate that a white pikmin would have an ability that you were unaware of, primarily because that's what you claimed you were. But when you came up with an explanation for when you were a bomb in the past despite being told you were a Townie, that made a bit of sense.

But, now you're saying you
are
assuming that white = bomb.

Is there anything else in your role PM that you can go into without quoting? Nightson also claimed White. You said something about poison immunity. I don't know if that's the equiv of red being immune to fire, blue to water, yellow to electricity, or whatever, as I don't know anything about Pikmin. If there's a way he can confirm that you two are the same dealo, that might help.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am

Post by The Jester »

Unvote

I would also like to hear an example. I don't think I've seen a role other then a miller. Who I believe sometimes isn't told they're a miller. I have not seen a bomb not being told they are one.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Yer. Apparently White Pikmin in this game have a poison immunity, though I haven't seen a Poison-based death yet, which is why I speculated about my role.

@TheJester: I didn't play in forums when I was the bomb. I played on the MafiaScum Chatroom. I played like a good 20-25 games in total, so I can't recall who exactly moderated it. I'm sorry.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by dcorbe »

We also just gave away or immunities. The scum submitting the kill has a special way killing pikmin and we just made it easy to avoid missing NKs because they know our immunities now.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Kison »

If Nightson walks in here and says he was not told of being a bomb, then I'm probably not going to place my vote back onto JTP unless there's some other kind of contradiction. What he's saying wasn't really well played but I do not think he's necessarily caught in a lie as many seem to think he is. I'll give it one more read for the hell of it, though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”