gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:13 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 675, chkflip wrote:Why

the FUCK

are we lynching the vengeful?
In post 677, chkflip wrote:The fact that there's a fucking GUNSMITH legitimizes their claim further.

Pedit: AND POTENTIALLY SHOOT ANOTHER TOWNIE WTF ARE YOU EVEN ON ABOUT
In post 679, chkflip wrote:That's not how lynching works.

It's fucking BIZARRE to me that I have to have this conversation with you.

There's a GUNSMITH

NOT A COP

A. FUCKING. GUNSMITH.

THAT MAKES HIS CLAIM LIKE 99.99999999999999999999999999%

CONFIRMED

HOW BOUT WE LYNCH FROM THAT POOL INSTEAD
In post 681, chkflip wrote:Mord has not claimed, is in the pool, and is a scum butt.

Lynch the scumbutt.
In post 682, Titus wrote:VOTE: Mord

Korina, I'd be more sympathetic to your argument if you actually agreed with it when I posted it. Yet, you went off on the IC bc cult.

GI's role if vengeful can shock the crap out of a mythical cult leader. So I'm not interested.
This is all so wrong. Chkflip you and Titus just lost a town game against an obvscum xReckonerx, so I am really not going to let you lead another town to its doom.

Killing GI is completely compatible with killing Mordhaus. If you believe his claim, we can direct his shot to Mordhaus. If you do not believe his claim, we have just removed a scum. There is absolutely no loss to killing GI. He isn't trying this game and I would rather follow my guilty than satisfy your vanity wagon. But, an opportunity has presented itself! Even if I am wrong, we can satisfy BOTH of our vanity wagons! YAYYYY

While I have your attention, please address my points about GI being scum. I've already touched on the last point.
In post 667, gobbledygook wrote:1. TD kill makes most sense coming from GI scum
2. GI Day 1 play was super scummy
3. GI claim was super scummy

4. Really there’s no downside to killing GI here because we can still use his venge kill even if we happened to be wrong.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:18 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 521, Mordhaus wrote:Full cult means probably no mafia.
Full mafia means probably no cult.

If we're in 10v2v1 with limited recruits and a cult suicide on recruiter death, this is probably vaguely balanced. It does mean scum should be focusing on who the recruiter is because they can't beat a cult if they aren't actively culling it and we should be focusing on mafia because losing a bunch of town to the scum killing the recruiter means we can't beat the mafia.

The claim also satisfies some, but not all, of the issues I had with Drew's play. (Focusing on 3rd party over mafia is usually a mafia tell).

tl;dr: drew doesn't get lynched today, but probably doesn't have a very long lifespan anyway. Nips is still a high equity lynch, both on the back of being potentially mafia and on the back of a 50% chance of confirming Drew's claim by flipping cult. Also, something something cultafia broken AF.

If TD was a vig shot (which is perfectly reasonable because what dumbass shoots TD N1 with no reason as scum) the reason Zo gave me for TR'ing Elbirn makes less sense, and we're almost certainly looking at town v cult which is annoying, to say the least. I feel better, but not good, about Flubber. GICE is obvtown.

VOTE: Emporer

~Rockso
So you say that we are in a 10v2v1 situation, but then declare that the only nightkill is from a vig as opposed to more likely than not being from scum. The trajectory of that logic makes little sense and I shade you heavily for casting doubt on the TD kill.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

Have you played with GI before?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Why does that matter? You’re not even addressing the objectively scummy things about GI.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

I've played with ICE before. Like, a lot. Idgaf about your ObJeCtIvElY sCuMmY things for two reasons:

1. He was forced to claim from a garbage newb!town play. Who was that, by the way, that did that? OHSHI-- ahem, anyway. From the style of claim/your role (which you didn't confirm was a x-shot gunsmith, I can just tell it is), it 100% makes sense that there would be townies that trigger your role. Because duh.

2. Meta by itself is garbo salad, but from what I remember ICE is the type of motherfucker that doesn't care about looking scummy. Neither do I. It should be the last thing you should give a shit about. Period. My job isn't to look town, it's to find scum. Ruffling feathers is par for the course.

What I find SUPER FUCKING CUTE, though, is your quick-to-action meta to discredit me. You get cool points for that one. Question: yo prof maf, what's it like to get lynched d2 as serial killer in a 13p game? I'm asking because I wouldn't know anything about that.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'm entertaining the idea of GreyICE scum-coasting.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

Nah, Ice is town.

I'll drop some truf later, but 704 is goodposting.

Possibly still from scum, but 1000% accurate.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

~So
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: Mordhaus

Should be L1 by my count.
Confirming L-1
Last edited by The Baker on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by chkflip »

MMM

Y tho
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by chkflip »

Mordhaus, do not claim unless a hammer is provoked.

I feel like this isn't something I should have to say, but like, you've already advocated for and been okay with mass claiming. (I'm aware this goes against my read on you, hi.) Don't do that.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 709, chkflip wrote:MMM

Y tho
The push on elbrin is super weird

The flavor drop thing you mentioned

My own personal drew/mordhaus tinfoil

I want to look for bussers to squrim and I feel better about the wagon now than before
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

*the day ending, not the wagon
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I will say I attributed Grey's different play from our last game together to him having a Pr here, but I could be convinced he actually is scum.

Mordhaus has seemed to change play style a bit once the heat turned to them, not sure if this is something Jingle would do but if the other head is who Turkey thinks it is then I could definitely see them as scum.

Flubb, what is your tinfoil about myself and mordhaus?
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 700, gobbledygook wrote:In post 667, gobbledygook wrote:
1. TD kill makes most sense coming from GI scum
2. GI Day 1 play was super scummy
3. GI claim was super scummy

4. Really there’s no downside to killing GI here because we can still use his venge kill even if we happened to be wrong.
1. What?
2. No, he wasn't. In fact, GI was very town D1.
3. No, it isn't. In fact, aside from you fucking up royally, the claim went about perfectly for town.
4. Sure, we can put ourselves to evens early by lynching a really towny slot in addition to another slot. Or we can not do that, stay on odds, and force scum to kill GI or risk being vengekilled in the late game, when vengeful townie is actually a better role. Like... say, MYLO.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 713, Doctor Drew wrote:Flubb, what is your tinfoil about myself and mordhaus?
He thinks I coached your claim because it's the kind of insane role I could come up with. It's also not the kind of claim I WOULD use as a fakeclaim because it's got a very short shelf life. He's also assuming I would out myself and not be mysterious if there was something ITT to tie me back to a scumbuddy.

~Rockso
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 701, gobbledygook wrote:So you say that we are in a 10v2v1 situation, but then declare that the only nightkill is from a vig as opposed to more likely than not being from scum. The trajectory of that logic makes little sense and I shade you heavily for casting doubt on the TD kill.
Potential situations as I see them:

Full scum no cult: 10v3, Drew is scum. In this case, we have no additional power.
Partial Scum Partial Cult: 10v2v1, significant downside to cult. This is likely along the lines of the whole cult suiciding when the leader is lynched, a maximum number of recruited players, etc. In this case, we should hunt group scum and group scum should hunt cult, because group scum will win if we lynch cult before we've dealt them a blow and group scum will lose if they don't shoot the shit out of cult at every chance.
Full Cult: 10v1 or v2, likely v2 if Drew is realclaiming. We're likely fucked.

In any of these cases, Emp Nips has significant scum equity as a player who is massively lynchbaity as scum and has been avoiding the thread. In any situation where Drew is town, nips has a literal 50% chance of flipping cult, proving it exists and meaning we can stop dickbeating about whether that's a thing to be concerned about. In these cases, there's still a good chance that nips is scum.

The trajectory of :we shouldn't massclaim because the only potential claim I can see at this point is vig and we shouldn't out a vig, because, if it exists, we're in fullcult and that's a really bad role to out: is actually perfectly in line with what I've said. Note: I'm not acting as if my tinfoil is right, I'm making contingencies in case it is. Further, as a GSmith IC vig is an incredibly likely role for the setup, especially if you think GIce is fakeclaiming.

~Rockso
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 710, chkflip wrote:I feel like this isn't something I should have to say, but like, you've already advocated for and been okay with mass claiming. (I'm aware this goes against my read on you, hi.) Don't do that.
We're not collectively a dumbass, thank you.

~Rockso.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 605, chkflip wrote:Curious as to why a single vote of pressure made your cartoon character posting disappear though. Now THAT'S funny.
This is provably false. Why bring it up?

~Rockso
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 704, chkflip wrote:I've played with ICE before. Like, a lot. Idgaf about your ObJeCtIvElY sCuMmY things for two reasons:

1. He was forced to claim from a garbage newb!town play. Who was that, by the way, that did that? OHSHI-- ahem, anyway. From the style of claim/your role (which you didn't confirm was a x-shot gunsmith, I can just tell it is), it 100% makes sense that there would be townies that trigger your role. Because duh.

2. Meta by itself is garbo salad, but from what I remember ICE is the type of motherfucker that doesn't care about looking scummy. Neither do I. It should be the last thing you should give a shit about. Period. My job isn't to look town, it's to find scum. Ruffling feathers is par for the course.

What I find SUPER FUCKING CUTE, though, is your quick-to-action meta to discredit me. You get cool points for that one. Question: yo prof maf, what's it like to get lynched d2 as serial killer in a 13p game? I'm asking because I wouldn't know anything about that.
What does my serial killer game have to do with anything?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

*sigh*

It’s not a gunsmith guilty. It’s a guilty guilty. I am a Jack of All Trades. One of my abilities is the public alignment announcement. One of them is a cop ability. I have one more ability to use, but I’m not claiming what it is.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Korina »

So you're saying you copped GI and got scum?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Yes. That’s why I claimed the info the way I did to trap him in a lie. And he fell right for it.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Still very confused why Chk brought up my serial killer game as it has no correlation to this game whatsoever and I wasn’t calling him scum. He brought it up to be a float or try to leverage some “Im better than you” argument.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: GreyICE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”