Song Contest 137 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by schadd_ »

congrats mds!
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 am

Post by schadd_ »

submitted a song i think is whatever
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 20, tris wrote:I literally just listened to Capacity for the first time last night!
its umm good.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
rojava: do virgins rise from ashes? the melody and stuff, makes sense. 3.2/5

ecuador: this vocal chemistry could rival stevie nick/lindsey buckingham. ahahaha. no it sounds like a regular good singer is being dragged down by oscar the grouch, not particularly appealing 2.9/5

san marino: oh man it helps this so much that i clicked it and listened before looking at the band picture. still, pretty heavy handed i think. 3.6/5 maybe.

japan: regular enjoyable. fast notes! 3.9/5

usa: been meaning to look into the album. very fun. through composed, impressively. nice ending. 4.3/5

netherlands: menno? lol. this sounds like it was made umm,,, ahhhhh, for a video game. fine. 3.5/5

costa rica: bunch of fun, jazzy stuff or whatever. song pushed forward very forcefully. vocals not very obtrusive. pretty fun. 3.9/5

djibouti: i wonder if metal ever considered making their music more.... subtle. choral bit at around the minute mark sounds nice. oh man is this what "djent" is?? 3.0/5

portugal: her voice is definitely on the good side of the spectrum (of vocal goodness). has that annoying high-impact bright sort of piano from the arcade fire song everybody was playing last year. really nice singer, though. red bull and hennessey cannot be good for you. 3.8/5

greenland: mmm.... nah. at the yelling part at the end it just, sounds like he has something that he's trying to keep in his jaw. sort of diminishes the effect. 3.0/5

united stinkdom: this is great music for plotting, sneaking, thieving, etc i'm sure. i like that it's a 4/4 song that sounds like it isn't - sometimes those actually-not-4/4 songs just go a little bit too far. gosh this song makes me want to sneak through a garden. fun! sneaky song. 4.2/5

cntral african republic: the part where he's like "heeeooouugugghh we are watch lamb bluuuuuuuhhuuuhuuh" is fine. 3.5/5

poland: gosh the name of the youtube video has "epic" in it. another one of many where some perfectly subtle vocal + accompaniment is ruined by the fact that everything has to be building up to something all the time. Ugh! this is fine. 3.4/5

uruguay: "hmm i wonder if this is good for song contest" [listens to it] "ahh so good. yeah that should be fine. ahh wait maybe..." [listens to it again] "ahh, sounded good again that time. oh but you can never be too sure! haha" [listens to it again] [listens to it again] [becomes wine drunk] [listens to it again] [listens to black diamonds] [listens to haley again]

iceland: the tower will fall so we'll have to crawl. idk these, just don't do it for me. maybe the sort of person who reads books would hear those lyrics and be like oh yeahhh nice!!!!. 3.2/5

yemen: yeah, this is the sort of not 4/4 Problem Song i was referring to earlier. beetlejuice lol. just, god!!! chill out, holy shit. jeez! and the drummer is helping you keep track of the time signature by playing fuckin, like every 32nd note. thanks! i'll keep count in my head. hope the guys from the youtube still image are ok. 3.5/5

japanese musicians knocking it out of the park this round.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:32 pm