Micro 890: CultD3 [Game Over; Korina Rules The World]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 199, gameplay506 wrote:Hey yall
I find this game quite boring
But why are you all ignoring Elsa?
Because the cold never bothered us anyway.

Why don't you say what you think is wrong with Elsa and then start a discussion?
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 201, gameplay506 wrote:Why are you even replying to that and not my actual question
It was a valid question.

Why did you even state it then
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 209, chkflip wrote:Who here has experience with cults?
I fail to see how useful this information would be to us.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 210, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 194, Light and L wrote:
In post 193, chennisden wrote:
you
posted "i'll let you lead town because you have a lot of posts,"
NOT
me.
sigh.
But I didn't say she should lead town.

I said she was the de facto leader by nature of her post count.

Those aren't the same thing.
You're pretty much letting him lead.

It is the same thing.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Pine »

Zzzzzzzz

Waiting for this to settle down and become interesting
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 219, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Drew - recall the parameters I requested of you: No null reads, sort everyone.

Town
Chemist - I was initially wary about potential lurkiness, but he's really stepped up to my request. I find myself agreeing with most of his reads. He's proactively giving information instead of reactively waiting to be prodded.

Elsa Jay - I don't like that he revealed as UT, but he has a respectable stance as to why he did it + it seemed town motivated. He has also been very active.

Townlean
Gameplay - on memory alone, none of gameplay's posts stand out. I recall gameplay helping us out Elsa though, so that's worthwhile and shows town initiative to solve.

Chkflip - probably my weakest townread. Chk seems to be involved in discussion and questions though, so I'm happy with a weak townlean for now.

Scumlean
Ceejayvinoya - nothing really standout from ceejay. Not a lot of activity due to the late start. I recall ceejay's entrance being kinda meh, but I can't remember any of the posts off the top of my head.

Light and L - haven't seen much from Gamma, but I'm not liking chenn's content. Chenn started coming after me once I voted Drew. He was also twisting my words into conclusions that I did not make.

Pine - Pine has been a bit lurky this game. He did the same thing in Ruby Mafia. He did give us warning that he was busy with work in that game, but I don't think it detracts from his willingness to lurk as scum.

Scum
Doctor Drew - before I started prodding him, all of his posts looked like attempts to blend in. After prodding him, he's been extremely reluctant to provide reads, citing his reactive playstyle as the reason.
In post 228, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 210, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 194, Light and L wrote:
In post 193, chennisden wrote:
you
posted "i'll let you lead town because you have a lot of posts,"
NOT
me.
sigh.
But I didn't say she should lead town.

I said she was the de facto leader by nature of her post count.

Those aren't the same thing.
You're pretty much letting him lead.

It is the same thing.
Sorry but I have no intention to surpass his activity rn.

Since you're so critical of that, how about you try taking the lead?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 am

Whups, didn't mean to quote my whole reads list.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:29 am

In post 219, EspressoPatronum wrote:
Spoiler:
@Drew - recall the parameters I requested of you: No null reads, sort everyone.

Town
Chemist - I was initially wary about potential lurkiness, but he's really stepped up to my request. I find myself agreeing with most of his reads. He's proactively giving information instead of reactively waiting to be prodded.

Elsa Jay - I don't like that he revealed as UT, but he has a respectable stance as to why he did it + it seemed town motivated. He has also been very active.

Townlean
Gameplay - on memory alone, none of gameplay's posts stand out. I recall gameplay helping us out Elsa though, so that's worthwhile and shows town initiative to solve.

Chkflip - probably my weakest townread. Chk seems to be involved in discussion and questions though, so I'm happy with a weak townlean for now.

Scumlean
Ceejayvinoya - nothing really standout from ceejay. Not a lot of activity due to the late start. I recall ceejay's entrance being kinda meh, but I can't remember any of the posts off the top of my head.

Light and L - haven't seen much from Gamma, but I'm not liking chenn's content. Chenn started coming after me once I voted Drew. He was also twisting my words into conclusions that I did not make.

Pine - Pine has been a bit lurky this game. He did the same thing in Ruby Mafia. He did give us warning that he was busy with work in that game, but I don't think it detracts from his willingness to lurk as scum.

Scum
Doctor Drew - before I started prodding him, all of his posts looked like attempts to blend in. After prodding him, he's been extremely reluctant to provide reads, citing his reactive playstyle as the reason.
@Chenn

EP
Chemist
Elsa
Gameplay
Chk

Ceejay
LightL
Drew

Put simply, the list means this: I will lynch anyone at the bottom and nobody at the top.

I'm not pretending my reads are perfect. This is my perspective on the gamestate as it is rn + am happy to work with people to lynch my scum pool and solidify my town pool. If you're town, you should be willing to do the same.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:01 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 227, ceejayvinoya wrote:
I fail to see how, in a cult-based game, asking about people's experience with them isn't useful information to us. I've built three or four micros, a mini, a large theme that has completed and a large theme that I'm about to run. So when people say "that doesn't seem like a cult leader" or "how can we hunt cult leader instead of simply scum" I'd like to know where they're basing their opinion.

Crazy, I know.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VLA For like 2 weeks, just got a concussion yesterday and need to do a brain break which includes reduced screentime

Noted.
-Kor
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I've seen gamma and Chen post way more then their hydra. What fun.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:09 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 230, EspressoPatronum wrote: Sorry but I have no intention to surpass his activity rn.

I was just surprised how apathetic you are towards his planned leadership.

I'm not asking you to take the reins and become leader, though the way you thought that interests me.

I'm asking why did you let him or why you didn't care. Though now that I'm thinking about it, it's not very important.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:12 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 232, EspressoPatronum wrote:
Spoiler:

Town

Townlean

Scumlean

Scum
@Chenn

EP
Chemist
Elsa
Gameplay
Chk

Ceejay
LightL
Drew

Put simply, the list means this: I will lynch anyone at the bottom and nobody at the top.

I'm not pretending my reads are perfect. This is my perspective on the gamestate as it is rn + am happy to work with people to lynch my scum pool and solidify my town pool. If you're town, you should be willing to do the same.
This is a dumb question but are your reads open to change? Because you did not mention that.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 233, chkflip wrote:
I fail to see how, in a cult-based game, asking about people's experience with them isn't useful information to us. I've built three or four micros, a mini, a large theme that has completed and a large theme that I'm about to run. So when people say "that doesn't seem like a cult leader" or "how can we hunt cult leader instead of simply scum" I'd like to know where they're basing their opinion.

Crazy, I know.
I thought the role of cult leader was not complicated enough to affect its approach towards the game.

Simply put, I don't see how a cult leader would post differently from other people.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:20 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Get well soon gamma. That sucks.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 238, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 233, chkflip wrote:

Crazy, I know.
I thought the role of cult leader was not complicated enough to affect its approach towards the game.

Simply put, I don't see how a cult leader would post differently from other people.
I disagree, and actually somewhat agree with Espresso here.

I would imagine cult leader would err on the side of lurky non-aggressiveness.....even if unconsciously done. This is why I do scum read Elsa a little, but not as cult leader.

Now that this game has had a couple days I believe(and I know no one has been crazy active) we need to focus more attention on those who have barely made an appearance.

Pine, never had the pleasure of playing with you. Instead of commenting how boring this game is, would you care to maybe makes things more interesting?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:49 am

In post 236, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 230, EspressoPatronum wrote: Sorry but I have no intention to surpass his activity rn.

I was just surprised how apathetic you are towards his planned leadership.

I'm not asking you to take the reins and become leader, though the way you thought that interests me.

I'm asking why did you let him or why you didn't care. Though now that I'm thinking about it, it's not very important.
You're probably right that it's not very important. I can't pass up a chance on a bit of theory though, so I'm diving in anyway.

First:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary ... h/de-facto

That link isn't meant to be patronizing or condescending in any way. I think the root of your problem with my post comes from how I used de facto, so I'm hoping the link puts us on the same page.

Imo, there isn't a decision for town leadership... it happens naturally when people start to take control of the conversation. I'm sure there are several ways to do this, but the most common (and probably easiest tbh) way of doing that is posting more than everyone else.

By posting more than everyone else, you can control the flow of the conversation. (Note - this is why some of the most dominant players post so much). If you looked to Elsa at the time of my de facto comment, you'd see that Else had 40ish posts when everyone else was at or below 20ish.

____

I liked your question regarding why I don't care about Elsa's plan for leadership. I'm not actually sure tbh. It's probably because I townread Elsa and I'm happy with my lynch pool.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 am

In post 237, ceejayvinoya wrote:
Spoiler:

Town

Townlean

Scumlean

Scum
@Chenn

EP
Chemist
Elsa
Gameplay
Chk

Ceejay
LightL
Drew

This is a dumb question but are your reads open to change? Because you did not mention that.
Yeah, they're always subject to change.

Fair question btw. I can see how 'solidify' gives the impression that they're not subject to change.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE COUNT 1.4Image

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
(expired on 2019-09-30 18:55:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Remember: Flavor is just flavor. Don't use it to make arguments.
- I will be shitposting flavor intermittently with the vote counts.
- If you want me to post non-paint VCs, please let me know.
- I'm also gonna change fonts for basically every vc until I get bored, and then switch back to comic sans.
-
What are your thoughts on a wingdings vc next?

- Upon further thought, using wingdings for a vc is technically encrypting the text, therefore I'm not gonna do it.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 243, Korina wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.4Image

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
(expired on 2019-09-30 18:55:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Remember: Flavor is just flavor. Don't use it to make arguments.
- I will be shitposting flavor intermittently with the vote counts.
- If you want me to post non-paint VCs, please let me know.
- I'm also gonna change fonts for basically every vc until I get bored, and then switch back to comic sans.
-
What are your thoughts on a wingdings vc next?

- Upon further thought, using wingdings for a vc is technically encrypting the text, therefore I'm not gonna do it.
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Light and L »

Spoiler:

Town

Townlean

Scumlean

Scum
@Chenn

EP
Chemist
Elsa
Gameplay
Chk

Ceejay
LightL
Drew

i'm not saying "what does your list mean" - i know how a list works.

i'm saying that a list obfuscates the
accuracy of your reads to everyone,
including yourself if you're town.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Light and L »

your lynchpool consists of people who're telling you you're playing anti-town and your townreads on people are because they're entertaining your bullshit, espresso.

i dunno if it's because of the bastard element of this game or the fact that this setup is just for the lulz. but you're really fucking adamant about YOUR way of doing things and the type of content YOU want to see from people and you have a disgusting lynchpool that looks lazy, half-hearted, and scum motivated.

if you're town please take a step back, realize that though you may have good intentions you're leading town down a really bad path, and start playing with the nuance and good-will that i've seen in your other games.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

L+L I keep seeing you commenting on people leading town down a bad path

So what's the good path to lead them down?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 pm

In post 247, Chemist1422 wrote:L+L I keep seeing you commenting on people leading town down a bad path

So what's the good path to lead them down?
+1+1+1+1+1
Bless you, Chemist.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Light and L »

mafia is a game of dominoes. solve a few crucial slots, look at how they've approached other slots (and how other slots have approached them) and you've got a good portion of a gamesolve.

stressing on cult leader, shallow reads, forcing interactions, etc etc is distracting. we have one day to play this game of dominoes before the inherent mechanics of cults makes all our progress worthless. wasting your time on a lynchpool,
or even finding someone to vote,
does not help.

topple the dominoes.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”