Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Kagami »

I would like to voice my strong objection to teams being able to choose who participates in which game AFTER seeing their PMs.

In the described paradigm, a player who is horribly, terribly incompetent as scum is functionally an IC in their game.

We want the winners to be among the best players on site, not the ones who have a meta that is convenient for breaking team mafia.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 5, Pine wrote:
In post 2, Kagami wrote:I would like to voice my strong objection to teams being able to choose who participates in which game AFTER seeing their PMs.

In the described paradigm, a player who is horribly, terribly incompetent as scum is functionally an IC in their game.

We want the winners to be among the best players on site, not the ones who have a meta that is convenient for breaking team mafia.
I’d put that person in a scum game, just to screw with your expectations
Sounds nice in theory, but terrible scum are still terrible scum and it will become obvious very quickly.

I find it very hard to come up with a good reason to let players see their alignment prior to joining a game, and it will absolutely lead to players who are town by team composition.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Kagami »

I feel like you guys are being contrarian for little reason.

It is almost certainly is optimal to have at least one player on your team who can't reasonably be scum, and this will absolutely be a driving discussion in games. Even if it were disadvantageous, it will happen anyway as those sorts of players will want to play team mafia. You'll be pretty upset if you roll scum against a Town that has multiple soft-ICs.

Outside of team mafia, you don't get to choose your alignment; this is something everyone is accustomed to and being able to deal with having either role PM is part of being a good player. Why mess with that?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”