Micro 890: CultD3 [Game Over; Korina Rules The World]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE COUNT 1.5Image

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
(expired on 2019-09-30 18:55:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Remember: Flavor is just flavor. Don't use it to make arguments.
- I will be shitposting flavor intermittently with the vote counts.
- If you want me to post non-paint VCs, please let me know.
- I'm also gonna change fonts for basically every vc until I get bored, and then switch back to comic sans.
- Have you ever wondered what the cultists are doing right now?
Spoiler:

They play go fish while they wait for the town to inevitably lynch themselves. Currently Korina is winning the game, but he cheated, and neither of the cultists feel like telling him that. How did he cheat? Omnipotent god powers, that's how.

Also, this brings up the question of which house are they in? Is it just the lone house on the left side? And if so, why don't they just shoot whoever enters/leaves the house?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Can I request the next VC be done in Super Maria Font? You know the one. The rainbow letters and all.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:53 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 276, Elsa Jay wrote:Can I request the next VC be done in Super Mario Font? You know the one. The rainbow letters and all.
I hate auto correct.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:16 am

Post by chkflip »

Okay, so...

Mainstream Mafia was six years ago. It consisted of a team of five mafia, a serial killer, and a cult leader as scum. You're more than welcome to see if you can find the pattern for yourself. When in a massive game with alignments that'll kill you twice over (meaning you could die by either a night kill or by attempting to cult them) it's a little different. The cult leader there was IFM, who was eventually replaced by Thor665.

I feel that's a bit different than what we're playing here; however, I just wanted to show it as a base model for where my head is. You play a different game as cult when you've got
threats
like that. THIS GAME IS NOT THAT GAME. The cult here have no opposition save a couple (at random) power roles that'll probably make shots in the dark because they don't know wtf they're doing. This game is cult-sided. Period. Point blank. So we, as town, absolutely fucking need to lynch the cult leader by end of D2. What does that mean, chkflip? To me, that means three things:

1. We look for scum as usual. The flavor of the scum is inconsequential to a certain degree. Mafia, wolf, alien, fucking hermaphrodite, whatever. Unfortunately, though, we have no NKA. Even VCA won't lead us to the right path fast enough. So our scum-hunting skill has to be pushed. We have to accelerate our process to help attain this goal. This lurky bullshit is just a lazy town waiting to get culted so they can auto-win after the other lazy town don't fucking do anything about it. It's gross. Play to your Goddamn win condition.

2. We
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
claim a Goddamn thing unless a hammer is provoked. We DO NOT NEED TO KNOW who the other unrecruitable is. We NEED cult to go aiming blindly in the dark in hopes that they hit the 1 out of 6 of us that is unrecruitable. (I'm aware I'm parroting this, but this is where my brain's at rn kthx)

3. We needn't rely on the average scum tells that lead us to lynching average mafia. This isn't mafia, like, almost at all. It's town vs cult, a faction that grows against us instead of dwindling us down. We have exactly 3 mislynches (on ANYONE but the leader) before we're completely fucked. Even if we keep them down to 2 cult ALL GAME, that's 5 mislynches (on ANYONE but the leader) which is better but not great without any sort of night action to assist us. So, like point one, this game is up to us and how we deal with the fact that we have to lynch correctly now more than ever. The only cult member flip we get that'll give us solid associatives is TODAY; any other scum member flip is completely worthless to us because we have no idea when they were culted or if they started as cult. It's all 100% WIFOM. Period.

Now, why Light and L? I thought you'd never ask.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 am

Post by chkflip »

Mainstream Micro I - Cult Leader: JacobSavage
Mainstream Micro III - Cult Leader: TheIrishPope
Mainstream Micro IV - Cult Leader: Wisdom

The 2nd micro isn't linked correctly in my wiki or I'd have that one up as well.

The general synopsis of cult in micros is to look TOWN AS FUCK so that they don't get lynched. Now,
my micros
are only different in the sense that cult leader starts 100% alone and doesn't speak among its members (because there's no cap to real cult [sorry not sorry mod] so daytalk would potentially make them too powerful a force). Eliminating that, though, and you have a very small sample of what your average player does when given the role to simply grow and survive.

What is Light and L doing?
- Offering advice in regards to my silly push on Elsa Jay and the grandstanding EJ did with DD.
- Pushing discussion to go the way of "find scum" over "find the cult leader" (which I've already outlined is bad)
all six or seven posts defending the chemist wagon - it's easy af to just come in and white knight the policy lynch to look town
the domino theory - it places them at the lead of town and allows them to take charge and "sort" their three dominoes while leading town wherever they want

This is all well-orchestrated attempts at looking AS TOWN AS POSSIBLE while setting themselves up to lead us down the path.

Not only no, but FUCK no.

Lynch Light and L. They're the cult leader.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Light and L »

In post 279, chkflip wrote:161 - Pushing discussion to go the way of "find scum" over "find the cult leader" (which I've already outlined is bad)
I read that myself and your synopsis is rather simplistic, but honestly I get the sense this is a shitpush already which has me really up in arms rn.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Light and L »

Fyi I'll try to be as active as I can because me being inactive in a hydra from past experience has been awful for me as any alignment.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Light and L »

Both the above -Light
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:11 am

Post by chkflip »

Nice discredit attempt. Want to actually
respond
to what I'm posting instead of casting it aside immediately as a "shit push"?

Much up in arms.

Very town posting.

Wow.

Like, I get it. You're still trying to seem cool and casual but you need to respond with a sense of "give a fuck," yeah?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:27 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

I like the case, Chk!

VOTE: Light and L
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:15 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 241, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 236, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 230, EspressoPatronum wrote: Sorry but I have no intention to surpass his activity rn.

Since you're so critical of that, how about you try taking the lead?
I was just surprised how apathetic you are towards his planned leadership.

I'm not asking you to take the reins and become leader, though the way you thought that interests me.

I'm asking why did you let him or why you didn't care. Though now that I'm thinking about it, it's not very important.
You're probably right that it's not very important. I can't pass up a chance on a bit of theory though, so I'm diving in anyway.

First:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary ... h/de-facto

That link isn't meant to be patronizing or condescending in any way. I think the root of your problem with my post comes from how I used de facto, so I'm hoping the link puts us on the same page.

Imo, there isn't a decision for town leadership... it happens naturally when people start to take control of the conversation. I'm sure there are several ways to do this, but the most common (and probably easiest tbh) way of doing that is posting more than everyone else.

By posting more than everyone else, you can control the flow of the conversation. (Note - this is why some of the most dominant players post so much). If you looked to Elsa at the time of my de facto comment, you'd see that Else had 40ish posts when everyone else was at or below 20ish.

____

I liked your question regarding why I don't care about Elsa's plan for leadership. I'm not actually sure tbh. It's probably because I townread Elsa and I'm happy with my lynch pool.
English isn't my first language so this was helpful in letting me see where you're coming from. I get it now.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:19 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hmm interesting case. I do notice that I posted about hunting scum over cult leader and now Light and L apparently likes me.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 286, ceejayvinoya wrote:Hmm interesting case. I do notice that I posted about hunting scum over cult leader and now Light and L apparently likes me.
this post actually bothers me a lot

There’s not really any reason to not bring this up before the case was posted so now it just feels like bandwagoning
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:26 am

Post by chkflip »

And your opinion of the case is...?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:32 am

Post by chkflip »

Oh and why the fuck are you still voting the mod?

I think we've all seen enough to dump a vote SOMEWHERE.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 288, chkflip wrote:And your opinion of the case is...?
The case makes sense but their reaction is really weird

Instead of trying to break it down they just try to discredit it which doesn’t make sense if they’re trying to look towny

Then again I could be overthinking it and they could be reacting opposite to what they got pressured for in the first place on purpose
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 289, chkflip wrote:Oh and why the fuck are you still voting the mod?

I think we've all seen enough to dump a vote SOMEWHERE.
I forgot about that lol

VOTE: ceejay
GTKAS

Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Light and L »

i mean - you really don't need to have a flip to make use of associatives. i think that's objectively right.

- L
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Light and L »

i've been on record 1000 fucking times saying why town needs to CARE ABOUT BEING TOWNY.

i'm fucking amazed that you think our slot being good makes us scum.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Light and L »

In post 284, EspressoPatronum wrote:I like the case, Chk!

VOTE: Light and L
you had me as a scumread in your list, so no, you didn't actually fucking read the case.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Light and L »

also, you really think the best way for me to take control of town is to give you the domino theory? instead of also faking reads on the dominoes? here's a hint: they're dominoes because they've got so much information as slots. it'd literally be so easy to to straight-up in-your-face push my agenda and have people call me towny for my efforts, especially in this playerlist.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

Posturing (not implying but blatantly stating they're better than me), deflection (reaction to EPs vote), and WIFOM (aS sCuM i WoUlD...) as a response.

Which is literally how gamma reacted as well.

More votes here, please.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by chkflip »

Retract stating they're better than me, specifically. Misread that. They're better than being so good == they're scum.

That's not my case.

Respond to my case.

Thanks.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by chkflip »

Just gonna go on record of stating:

1. M E T A I S T R A S H
2. Idgaf about looking town. I care about hunting scum.

You've done nothing but solidify my read with your reactions.
Light and L
Light and L
Townie
Light and L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Light and L »

In post 296, chkflip wrote:Which is literally how gamma reacted as well.
I did none of the above, fuck off.
-Light

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”