Mish Mash Rules + Game List

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #422 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

I wanna get some experience modding hidden roles/social deduction games before I'm elligible to run Mafia, so I'm gonna be looking to run some Secret Hitler. Feel free to pm me interest and I'll poke you when the thread is up. Gonna be looking for a full 10 person game hopefully. If someone with some modding experience would be happy to back up mod/check over my rules posts before I put the thread up it'd be super appreciated too!

There is now a game thread!
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I would like to invite you to play Salem 1692 a hidden roles and card game based on the Salem Witch Trials (but nothing to do with Town of Salem or any other mafia variants). The town is trying to find all the witches, the witches are trying to convert or kill all the town members, and the majority of play is focused around a deck of cards which provides your resources for making accusations and interacting with other players.

4-12 players, but imo it works best with at least 6.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I don't think my Salem game is gonna fill, should I lock it or just leave it to fall away?

That said, I wanna gauge interest in a game of Cosmic Encounter (just the base game because it's what I have a physical copy of). I already have one player interested and would love to hear if other people would be up for it
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 475, Farren wrote:Which edition of Cosmic? I'd tossed around the idea of running Cosmic Encounter (Mayfair Edition), but decided it was too complex for me to handle and wasn't sure how to adapt it enough to get a decent pace of play going.
The one I've got on my shelf. It's the most recent fantasy flight one before the new 42 year anniversary one I think. Sounds like there is interest so I'll see about setting a game thread up tomorrow or over the weekend.

As for keeping it at a pace, I'm looking at 48 hours per decision with +24 hours on an action so people with responses can. It'd go slow but it's a fun game and I hope people joining will understand it's a commitment and play quicker than that where possible? I'm guessing it'd end up looking more like a week per encounter which doesn't seem like an awful pace. I'd be willing to run it on 24+24 if players wanted but I fear that might actually result in more replacements just cos real life.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Cosmic Encounter is now accepting sign ups, there are only 2 spaces left if all pre-ins confirm.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:05 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I remember seeing it advertised, I'd give it a go
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Gauging interest in Money, a series of 5 mini games played by the same players originally presented on the video service Nebula.

Each game has a co-operative strategy and chances for political dealing between subsets of players through open table communication but also a lot of hidden information about the game actions and actual results. The marketing for the show put it as requiring trust while creating the perfect environment for breaking it.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 542, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 540, Mizzytastic wrote:Gauging interest in Money, a series of 5 mini games played by the same players originally presented on the video service Nebula.

Each game has a co-operative strategy and chances for political dealing between subsets of players through open table communication but also a lot of hidden information about the game actions and actual results. The marketing for the show put it as requiring trust while creating the perfect environment for breaking it.
I clicked the link and it didn’t tell me anything. Can you either provide another one or explain the concept please?
There isn't a good public if you aren't paying for that video service I'm afraid, but it's not necesary to understand it, I just included the link for completeness.

Its a series of 5 prisoner's dilemma adjacent minigames designed so working together can reap more rewards but breaking trust can be necessary to get ahead and win. I'm being a bit cagey about the details of individual games because if I got a full roster of players who haven't seen the show I'd be running it in a similar way to the show where each individual game is revealed as people are about to play it.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Cheese Thief is looking for players!