gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:34 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Good game all!

Jingle, I wouldn’t be so cavalier about waving around a cheating accusation. It holds some serious weight.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Jingle »

I'm not accusing you, nor do I think you cheated. I think you just have a big ego and wanted your lynch or the highway, which stifles thread progression and readability.

I'm saying that that is the only circumstance where I think you have any right to be that sure about your read, and so the action is universally gauche.

The comparison is made for shock value to maybe convince you to be more considerate in the future. imo, the topic is closed, I won't hold it against you as a person, but I definitely won't trust you or your results in the future.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Jingle »

ftr, if I thought there was a serious chance you had cheated, I wouldn't have mentioned anything and would have just sent a message to the mods. If anything, I'm fairly certain you aren't a cheater, because you strike me as the kind of person with enough pride in your own skill to refuse to stoop to that, based on our interactions. You do peacock, but you don't seem to do so maliciously.
This is a Parachute.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:44 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I only did it because ice was so obviously mafia and I was an innocent child.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Jingle »

And in doing so, removed any chance of analyzing his wagon for bussing, tainted setup spec, and took away the agency of the other players.

In my eyes, what you did was tantamount to saying "Your reads don't matter, because I am better than you".

You have a right to say that, I suppose, but I also have a right to not enjoy it and to find it distasteful as a strategy. Does it mean I'm not going to play with you in the future? No. Does it mean I'm going to use it as the basis for a grudge? No. I have plenty of friends IRL and on ms who do the same thing. I will be cautious in the future because I have evidence to say you're not trustworthy with your claims as town.

What I'm doing here is laying my cards on the table, telling you why I don't like what you did, and treating you like an adult.

If anything, I hope to get to know you better, because I do like the energy you've brought to your entrance to the site. We haven't really interacted much outside of this and the title thread, but you seem to genuinely want to be part of the community and a positive influence on it, which is something ms really needs.
This is a Parachute.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:36 am

Post by gobbledygook »

All duly noted. I mean that statement with full sincerity. I don’t want to say promise because trust tell, but I only did the fake guilty because I felt like Ice was being very scummy and if I was wrong, I had the innocent child to fall back on.

I doubt those two criteria will ever show themselves again. I do understand if I become the turkey who gobbled wolf.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Titus »

I don't think anyone believed you for long bc IC and cop never happens.

Gambiting is hard. Don't totally throw it out. Know when it's good.

Great effort Drew. Cults show so rarely that it's hard. Technically you lead a cultafia.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 931, Titus wrote:Great effort Drew. Cults show so rarely that it's hard. Technically you lead a cultafia.
:thumbsup:

I'm the weirdo who hangs out in the setup design threads and builds hypothetical strats for weird roles. Not a lot of people are prepared to be thrust into cult mentorships because not a lot of people spend significant amounts of time considering that as possible.
This is a Parachute.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I went with a lurker thinking then flying under the radar was a good thing.

I was also thinking Turkey, but at that time thinking the IC would be target for NK. Also thought of Mordhaus and Grey(didn't think he was scum at this point).

If I recruited Grey, could have been a game changer. At least I would know the other scum, but not sure how I would have crumbed to Titus about it.

Also, I spent way too much time researching my fake claim.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 928, gobbledygook wrote:I only did it because ice was so obviously mafia and I was an innocent child.
Not to dogpile on you but I do need to stress that this is really not good town-play. As sure as you were that GI was scum, we would have really been in the shit if he was town, and just because it happened to work out this game by chance doesn't make that cool.

If you're ever so confident that someone is scum that you're willing to bet the game on it with a lie, then it should be easy for you to detail a case on exactly why that person is scum and to then convince other town of your point of view. The ability to do so is a crucial skill and the whole point of the game imo.

But uhh that's all, gg no hard feelings about it, this game was weird and I'll see ya around
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 934, Elbirn wrote:If you're ever so confident that someone is scum that you're willing to bet the game on it with a lie, then it should be easy for you to detail a case on exactly why that person is scum and to then convince other town of your point of view.
Devils advocate: it’s so much easier to fake a guilty than to explain. I think this game proved it too because Chk and Mord both didn’t buy my case against GI.

But yes, I understand. It was first and last fake guilty.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 933, Doctor Drew wrote:I went with a lurker thinking then flying under the radar was a good thing.

I was also thinking Turkey, but at that time thinking the IC would be target for NK. Also thought of Mordhaus and Grey(didn't think he was scum at this point).

If I recruited Grey, could have been a game changer. At least I would know the other scum, but not sure how I would have crumbed to Titus about it.

Also, I spent way too much time researching my fake claim.
In your spot, I aim for the player with the highest seniority you townread that's unlikely to eat a rope. They can help with the fake claim. I would have picked Elbrin tbh.

I debated dividing kill responsibility but I had zero idea how to tell you to shoot Flubber.

I would have promptly backstabbed you once he died sooo
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Elbirn »

As always I'm all about receiving feedback/criticism re: my gameplay, if anyone has commentary or counsel for me

And a gg to everyone!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 937, Elbirn wrote:As always I'm all about receiving feedback/criticism re: my gameplay, if anyone has commentary or counsel for me

And a gg to everyone!
It was a nice change to not be trying to mislynch you, you're a particularly stubborn slot to frame. :P
This is a Parachute.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 938, Jingle wrote:
In post 937, Elbirn wrote:As always I'm all about receiving feedback/criticism re: my gameplay, if anyone has commentary or counsel for me

And a gg to everyone!
It was a nice change to not be trying to mislynch you, you're a particularly stubborn slot to frame. :P
Aw dang what game did we play where you were scum? I have the long term memory of a small rodent
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

I was an alt, but it was my first post hiatus scumgame.

Vic Sage was the alt, I think.
This is a Parachute.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 935, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 934, Elbirn wrote:If you're ever so confident that someone is scum that you're willing to bet the game on it with a lie, then it should be easy for you to detail a case on exactly why that person is scum and to then convince other town of your point of view.
Devils advocate: it’s so much easier to fake a guilty than to explain. I think this game proved it too because Chk and Mord both didn’t buy my case against GI.
This means you don't case well and that is a reflection of your skill as a mafia player.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

tbf I was all rose shades in this game.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 942, chkflip wrote:tbf I was all rose shades in this game.
Eh, your read on us was understandable. Partner got really deathtunnely in a scummy way.

Speaking of, partner, I'm down to hydra again sometime if you want. We made a pretty good pair. ;)
This is a Parachute.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 940, Jingle wrote:I was an alt, but it was my first post hiatus scumgame.

Vic Sage was the alt, I think.
Oh man, I played like sassy dog shit that entire game. Rereading that was awful! I, as in every game, found scum and did nothing about it. Joy. Wheeewwww
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Jingle did you have a hydra partner or was mordhaus a gag?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Jingle »

Hydra partner. I didn't think I'd have time to play the game on my own. We named the hydra after deciding on the game though.

I'm not going to out them unless they want to be outed though.
This is a Parachute.
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 943, Jingle wrote:
In post 942, chkflip wrote:tbf I was all rose shades in this game.
Eh, your read on us was understandable. Partner got really deathtunnely in a scummy way.

Speaking of, partner, I'm down to hydra again sometime if you want. We made a pretty good pair. ;)
We agree, ill bring the coke.
"Awww.... I just wanna do some COCAINE and kill some motherfuckers." - Doctor Drew
We got the Baker's Golden Baguette. You're Jelly, aren't you?
Mordhaus
Mordhaus
Goon
Mordhaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Mordhaus »

In post 946, Jingle wrote:I'm not going to out them unless they want to be outed though.
How are you going to out a facet of your own twisted mind?
"Awww.... I just wanna do some COCAINE and kill some motherfuckers." - Doctor Drew
We got the Baker's Golden Baguette. You're Jelly, aren't you?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 948, Mordhaus wrote:How are you going to out a facet of your own twisted mind?
It's easier than you'd think. ;)
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”