Micro 892: TemporalLich's Micro Normal [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Klick »

In post 423, Vex Vience wrote:chemists vote on me is bad.
im fine with lynching dong, however, site issues might just slow down stuff even further.

VOTE: dong
L-1
This post is really, really bad
VOTE: Vex
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Klick »

Oh wait, you only saw the deadline at the top of the post and thought we had 3-4 hours left in the day, didn't you? That makes that post make a lot more sense.

UNVOTE:
I've gone wrong somewhere.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:36 am

Post by Vex Vience »

ur also ignoring the fact that ico said they aren't masons
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 414, Iconeum wrote: Full disclosure: I'm in a PT with Dong, NOT confirmed town :)
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:38 am

Post by Vex Vience »

plus dong selfvoted and left a cryptic message saying once they flip, well see why they claimed masons

#CultsArentBastard
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Klick »

Neither of those sound like sufficient reasons to lynch Dong, especially since you were leaning town on Dong before all this.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Klick »

Take a step back for a second and tell me how many times out of 100 you expect Dong to flip scum if we lynch him today.

Because I'd say 1, maaaaybe 2.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Donempire »

Actually, this seems like a pretty anticlimactic route. Hell, i went for a chaotic approach, i'll go all in
Due to popular demand, i would like to live for at least one more day.
In place of that i offer you a menalque lynch. Im afraid a bottom feeder chemist lynch is pretty much out of the equation right now. You know i'd never be satisfied with that when i have confirmed scum in my sights.
VOTE: menalque

I think what everyone should keep in mind is that i can both explain my reasoning on the mason claim and a menal lynch will give us a lot more information, along with flipping scum of course.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:01 am

Post by Donempire »

Klick, i want to work together. Just townreading me doesnt help. I get it that you have your own reads, but i havent been pushing menal over nothing for the last few pages. I believe that a lynch between me and menal will lend the town to a better day 2 and a menal lynch will lead to the best day 2.
What do you say to trusting my read this one time?
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Donempire »

That sounded too AtEish. Hmm...

How about just lynch between me and menalque and we're golden? Goes off to everyone of course.
Formerly Dongempire
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:24 am

Post by Klick »

Menalque's frustration with you was genuine and I'm pretty strongly convinced it was town-motivated.

Tell me what the SCUM motivation is in him butting heads like this with you today. I know you're saying he's putting words in your mouth and trying to spin his own narrative to get you lynched. But he really doesn't have to double down like that and bring attention to himself if he's scum here, and in fact it's much more likely that he'd sit around in the sidelines letting the easy lynch happen. Because he wasn't in any danger of getting lynched today until he got into this fight with you.

This level of stubbornness on both sides comes from town so much more often than scum. And I'd wager both of the actual scum are sitting on the sidelines letting this trainwreck happen.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Klick »

In post 419, Bellaphant wrote:Sorry, were you trying to get yourself lynched in your chats with menalq?

I hate chemists latest post, it feels incredibly fake. And bothers BN me for -reasons-. I want to leave the dong/icon nonsense for tomorrow and just lynch probable scum, instead of messy.
I'm not seeing that in particular tbh? It feels to me like Chemist saw the deadline, went 'oh shit', and voted for a slot he felt was both scummy and lynchable. And I don't necessarily disagree with a Vex lynch today.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:57 am

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.9Dongempire (2) - Datisi, Vex Vience
Chemist1422 (2) - Locke113, Bellaphant
Menalque (2) - Iconeum, Dongempire
Vex Vience (1) - Chemist1422

Not voting: Menalque, Klick

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2019-10-02 15:00:00) or when a lynch is reached.

Menalque is V/LA until Wednesday evening.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Klick »

I also think I was too early to cross off Bella and that she could plausibly be in the 'scum taking advantage of the Mena/Dong fight' category.

With the assumption of this Mena/Dong argument being one big distraction, I'm left with a PoE list of Bella, Chemist, Locke, Vex, and Datisi. Chemist/Vex isn't feeling particularly likely at this point based on Chemist's push - I don't think he panic-limps into a wagon on his scumbuddy (and I'm not getting the impression that he's resigned to his own lynch either).

Therefore, I think there's at least one scum in Bella/Datisi/Locke. I'd also argue that those three have managed to benefit most from the Mena/Dong dichotomy, staying relatively out of the discussion.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 291, Menalque wrote: Regarding chem’s readslist, I think the way you asked implied that you were asking him for a readslist. Now who’s ignoring context? You’d literally just called someone out for posting their readslist that’s unexplained and then you’re like “hey, got a readslist?” to a player who hasn’t done a lot. Are you actually so socially unaware that it sounds like you want an affirmative answer there?
See this is why i cant respect you, you project your stupidity onto me.

Alfred, can you pull up my original post for me?
In post 164, Donempire wrote:Im fine with labelling all of chemists posts as NAI. Given that there are 9 anyways.
Chemist, what do you think about bellas readlist?
Do you have a readlist yourself?
Also i've said many a times that you can have a readslist by page 8, however bellas reasoning for her reads werent cohesive back then. How many times do i have to say this for you to remember it?
Alright, i'll probably insult you further if i go into it. I'm just hoping that everybody can see what im getting at here.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 435, Klick wrote:Menalque's frustration with you was genuine and I'm pretty strongly convinced it was town-motivated.

Tell me what the SCUM motivation is in him butting heads like this with you today. I know you're saying he's putting words in your mouth and trying to spin his own narrative to get you lynched. But he really doesn't have to double down like that and bring attention to himself if he's scum here, and in fact it's much more likely that he'd sit around in the sidelines letting the easy lynch happen. Because he wasn't in any danger of getting lynched today until he got into this fight with you.

This level of stubbornness on both sides comes from town so much more often than scum. And I'd wager both of the actual scum are sitting on the sidelines letting this trainwreck happen.
Well, i dont think he intended to butt heads with me straight on when he first started posting. Thinking back i dont think he even intended to take on me at all and got a bit of a drunk encouragement. It all makes more sense if you view it from a scum POV, if he was town i believe he wouldnt have bothered posting drunk or even if he did, he would revise it to portray his point better. As town he either has to make his point clearer or he has to say that he was maybe reaching with this. In fact, thats what i was aiming to determine with me asking him to revise it, because i knew that if he was town and believed in this case he couldnt possibly mind revising it both to make me understand it clearer and to, you know, not get into a pointless argument.

Thats point one on why i think his posts are scum motivated, that he didnt bother remaking a barely decipherable post to make me understand it better, and when i did rip into it like he asked me to he straight up ignored it. Thing is i still probably wouldnt have minded it if he did respond to it explaining his thought process better but standing by the original content. He says he stands by his post, yet hes absent to defend it.

Misrepping is taken into another level when i say i'll policy lynch chemist, which is, you know, when you do it without any proof because a player is causing trouble? And in 292 he takes it as though im trying to shade chemist somehow, even though
i literally say policy lynch clearly in my post.
This isnt stupidity, its straight up ignorance. I knew he was doing it in previous posts and can pull them up as well, but he doubled down on painting stuff his way so much in his later posts that i'll just go with those. Thats point number two.

His reads besides me arent consistent either. It seems like hes so tunneled on me that he forgot he had to have other reads too. Chemist read for example seems to have taken a complete 180 ever since he was "townleaning" him with zero explanation on his side. This strikes me as though hes trying to seem engaged by constantly butting heads with me without actually trying to find scum. Thats point three.

Menal, Klick, feel free to discuss any problems with these. These are my main reasons for believing he is confirmed scum.
Formerly Dongempire
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Menalque »

I mean I'm about to have dinner but if town is so deep into the too scummy to be scum wormhole then I guess lynch me so long as dong never ever ever lives past tomorrow

I, however, am not way too deep up the too scummy to be scum wormhole, so I'd rather just lynch scum today

VOTE: dong

he literally claimed masons only to have that outright counterclaimed

then he self-voted, which again, why does town do that here?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Menalque »

also, just quickly as I'm about to eat but:

(1) I drunk post as either alignment, and I don't do revisions when they're not needed. everyone else seemed to understand that post perfectly well/what I was getting at, you're the only one insisting that the thought process doesn't make sense. plus I made another post afterwards which was pretty much just supporting the drunk post and laid out perfectly logically, so any reasonable person would just take that as "revision" but you're looking for things to make me scum which is why you're trying to make such a minor point into a key point of your meta!scum argument

(2) "barely decipherable" is clearly bullshit, if other people had a problem understanding it they would have made that clear, you're making this up as a justification for why you found me scummy for something that is perfectly explainable as town behaviour but doesn't fit your narrative

(3) here's the entirety of 292. nice misreps
In post 292, Menalque wrote:
In post 244, Donempire wrote:
In post 220, Chemist1422 wrote:I wouldn’t say I’m engaged no
Chemist you're getting high on my shitlist and im gonna policy lynch you soon, we shouldnt have to TELL you to play
Also this is real fucking scummy

You bury a nice little comment backing a lynch on chem

Then you make a ‘case’ on me and vote me

Like if chem!town then this is just obvious distancing from the mislynch while still showing you’re okay with it (tbf I take it back if chem is the lynch for today and he flips scum) — also, before you say I’m misrepping: I know you said “policy lynch”. But guess what, that doesn’t matter because it’s still supporting the same outcome.

Also the timing of the post. It’s immediately before you make a case for me and start trying to put attention there to distract from your soft pushing of chem
(4) stop lying. I literally explained my town!lean on chemist. I went from town leaning him to town reading him because you were acting so incredibly scummily that I thought he couldn't be scum by association as you wouldn't push your buddy D1 as an alternative to me.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 431, Klick wrote:Take a step back for a second and tell me how many times out of 100 you expect Dong to flip scum if we lynch him today.

Because I'd say 1, maaaaybe 2.
In post 429, Vex Vience wrote:plus dong selfvoted and left a cryptic message saying once they flip, well see why they claimed masons
this is a good reason for why the number is probably closer to 75 there

dong is just scum who knows that getting lynched D1 is almost certainly losing for scum so he's made up a bullshit claim in the hopes that icon would back it in self-preservation as he made it when icon was looking like he might be lynched. this prob does make icon town though, as I think scum just backs the lie that they're both masons once dong has committed them to that
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 442, Menalque wrote: nice reps
Thanks man! I did 20 today, will probably do 30 tomorrow. Hows your workout going so far?
Formerly Dongempire
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Klick »

Okay that one was pretty funny

You're still both town though.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Klick »

(busy rn, no time for a real response)
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 442, Menalque wrote:also, just quickly as I'm about to eat but:

(1) I drunk post as either alignment, and I don't do revisions when they're not needed. everyone else seemed to understand that post perfectly well/what I was getting at, you're the only one insisting that the thought process doesn't make sense. plus I made another post afterwards which was pretty much just supporting the drunk post and laid out perfectly logically, so any reasonable person would just take that as "revision" but you're looking for things to make me scum which is why you're trying to make such a minor point into a key point of your meta!scum argument
Mhm. Why havent you responded to my post that addressed your drunk post yet then?

(2) "barely decipherable" is clearly bullshit, if other people had a problem understanding it they would have made that clear, you're making this up as a justification for why you found me scummy for something that is perfectly explainable as town behaviour but doesn't fit your narrative
Why did you write the same point twice?

(3) here's the entirety of 292. nice misreps
Alright. Dont see what that proves.
You should know that policy lynch doesnt mean the same outcome, in a policy lynch you end up with minimal information. Keep telling yourself its the same thing i guess.
In post 292, Menalque wrote:
In post 244, Donempire wrote:
In post 220, Chemist1422 wrote:I wouldn’t say I’m engaged no
Chemist you're getting high on my shitlist and im gonna policy lynch you soon, we shouldnt have to TELL you to play
Also this is real fucking scummy

You bury a nice little comment backing a lynch on chem

Then you make a ‘case’ on me and vote me

Like if chem!town then this is just obvious distancing from the mislynch while still showing you’re okay with it (tbf I take it back if chem is the lynch for today and he flips scum) — also, before you say I’m misrepping: I know you said “policy lynch”. But guess what, that doesn’t matter because it’s still supporting the same outcome.

Also the timing of the post. It’s immediately before you make a case for me and start trying to put attention there to distract from your soft pushing of chem
(4) stop lying. I literally explained my town!lean on chemist. I went from town leaning him to town reading him because you were acting so incredibly scummily that I thought he couldn't be scum by association as you wouldn't push your buddy D1 as an alternative to me.
???? alright
Formerly Dongempire
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@klick, I'm not 'benefitting' from anything, it's just super frustrating to be bogged down in pages of stuff that I still think is about semantics? Out of the two, I'd prefer to lynch mena, because at least Dong's frustration seems real - the policy lynch point from dong that mena is making does seem like a mis-readinf of the situation, and I can see it being scum motivated

Although I will be honest, I haven't re-read due to the site being so annoying today. I'd almost like dong and mena to just bullet point their cases - not just BC im feeling unmotivated by it, but because I'd be curious about what actually is going on under the shouting and rhetoric

I'm not seeing that the vex slot is massively lynchable? People have expressed a want to let the slot be sorted once we have more content from it. I'm not sold they are town, but it seems a weird 'panic lynch' to go for a slot that I feel there is resistant on and has -zero- votes on it. The more I think about your response to it, the more anxious I am about your slot.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Had, at the time, not has

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”