Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Hi everybody, muf here. Some people here I know and others Im playing with for the first time. Now as ting said we need to make as each post as big as possible which I dont think im going to have a problem with. Also I suggest the hydras gather up information then post it all in the single post. As for those on their own, Its proberbly best to put it all on word doucument or write it down. Or if you have a really great memory then use it. Also we only have a weeks till the deadline so we need frequency as well.

I dont know how but we need to make this random voting stage as quick as possible. Therefore this will be my only rv stage post (icemane may do otherwise his choice).

With that said
vote Now a JDodge
. What is NaJD without jd himself even playing? That in itself desearves a wagon lol. Also killer try to post bigger in future.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Icemuffin »

EBWOP: Wrong account above. Sorry. Here is the post again on the correct account:

This is IcemanE. I only have time for a quick question for the mod and will make a much more comprehensive analysis post soon, if the answer to the question I'm about to ask is no. I believe NAJD has already been lynched, with maxwell's being the hammer vote: Am I correct?
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Icemuffin »

OK, IcemanE again with a real post.

killa wrote:
vote ting
for beating me to the thread

This is obviously the first thing that caught my eye. However, while it's definitely a waste of a post, with a 72 hour deadline and being the second person to post there isn't really anything at all to go on. You could fill it up with BS but it seems unnecessary in your first post - it's a big help, though, to write enough that it can be analyzed, or at least lay out theories, in this setup. In a regular game this wouldn't be at all out of the ordinary, but in a game with these sorts of crazy restrictions posts aren't free.

On NaJD: From my point of view, a hydra with tons of heads is going to be easier to read than a single player. You'll have multiple players leaving tells if they're scum, and multiple players contributing analysis if they are town. It could be argued that they'll all review the post before it shows up in the thread, thereby catching any mistakes, but I doubt they'll be able to pull that off effectively within 72 hours every time, and they have at least one person in there that isn't a team-player (AKA, the guy who left the tiny post early in the game). So I think the huge hydra will wind up being beneficial to the town. The only thing I DON'T like about the massive hydra is that they can post a lot to accelerate us towards 250 with an easy reason for an excuse - that is, they can say they don't know which head did this or that (an example is their first post) or all post separately. This is a bit scary.

unvote

My view on scum posting rates is that they'll probably post a lot early in the game, to accelerate us towards the 250 post mark, but slow down significantly around 50 posts or so to avoid the 100 post instant kill. This makes lurking in the late game a more significant tell and definitely something to watch for.

I'm not a big fan of this post:

kabenon wrote:
I do not have much time to post, I do not have much time at the moment to read, but I do not want to waste my post, nor do I want to be modkilled for not posting in 72 hours, so consider this an obligatory post in which I will try to have some thoughts as well.

"Obligatory" posts should still be filled with as much info as possible, IMO. While kabenon's post is not particularly offensive as it includes some analysis, it is the suggestion of the idea that posts should be made solely to avoid the 3-day kill that perturbs me. I think we should avoid this kind of posting at all costs. I've already wasted two posts myself, as seen with the Iceman/Icemuffin accident above.

Speaking of that:

@Mod: I don't think that should count towards either the 250 or my 100 posts total, because I also think that hydras should only be allowed to post on the multi-head account; that will make things infinitely less confusing. Of course it is your call.-

My post was so short because I misunderstood the rules, unfortunately. Not only did I think there were only ten players in the game (as I now notice Ting did earlier), I also thought it worked on the majority lynch basis. I now understand how the setup works and will be more attentive from here on out.

I totally agree with Muerto on this point:

Muerto wrote:
Maxwell defended Killa7 in his post(slip up?) and then attacked and VOTED JDodge for the exact same reason(the short post). How's 1 bad and 1 a slip up? And the vote put him at lynch -1.

I don't think his reasoning is particularly strong either:

Maxwell wrote:
first off, i came to post only because i was prodded and don't want to be eliminated because of that. second, i voted because i didn't want to waste a post by not voting, and i thought voting would make NAJD respond and defend themselves. i guess that was some faulty decision-making on my part, sorry about that.

As I said I REALLY don't want to see "obligatory" posts. Voting just to vote is something I also REALLY don't want to see.

NaJD brings up a very good point against maxwell:

NaJD wrote:
what possible difference was there between the two posts that made you decide his was definitely a slip up? you defend him by saying that he hasn't responded yet because he is planning to make a big post. first of all, that is assuming a lot, because how could you know what he is planning on doing?

As does StrangerCoug:

StrangerCoug wrote:
I also don't understand that you say you're hesitant to go through with the voting and take your vote off only to put it on someone else in the same post.

As such, vote: Maxwell

- IcemanE
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Icemuffin »

Gah. Iceman here again. All my tags and boldings got screwed up in that last post. Sorry.

I have changed my mind since that post about who we should lynch first. Obviously I don't think it should be Jdodge so I'm voting both to prevent Jdodge from being the lynch and because I HATE scummy meta defenses. Like this:
K7 wrote:i random voted because anyone who knows me knows i most likely wont make it to 100 posts anyways.
I'm not sure whether that's a scummy meta or just a lazy meta. Either way it's horribly anti-town.

unvote - vote: K7

Lawrence wrote:I only wonder why he didn't show his thoughts when he thought NaJ was lynched.
I forgot how strange the setup is - i.e., there's no twilight or night phase. If he'd been lynched I was going to save my analysis for the next day, but it doesn't work that way.
Lawrence wrote:maxwellhouse: (s?)he bothers me. Her behaviour is very newbish, she says things like "well you can lynch me for what I did but you'll regret it" and she said somthing like "shall I just post nothing then?" like 3 times.
I agree on this - it's an appeal to emotion, and it doesn't work for me.
Ting wrote:One head might look really scummy, and another might be the most protown contributor in the game. Just because a person drops a lot of tells doesn't make them scum. A number of people have built their playstyles around that as a meta shield.
That's a good point. The most interesting part of it will be to see how the heads interact with each other, I think.
NO. There's something about the game mechanics you're not getting, but I can't tell you why, because then it'll be a Cassandra prophecy.
I believe that for sure. Don't tell me, I'll figure it out, this setup is just entirely different than any other I've played.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Ok muf here. Havnt posted in a while and my apologies due to being very busy. This will be my only post for at least another 48 hours. Should be better by the weekend to post daily.
ShadowGirl wrote:I apologize for not posting - my phone and internet went out for some inexplicable reason and it took a few days before a repairmen came to fix it - a reread shall be coming soon.
Well we are looking at k7 for not posting enough however this is shadows only post for the game. Since k7 is on L-1 i think should lynch him and look into shadow tomorrow cause shadows contributed ABSOULUTLY NOTHING.
i guess i never further explained why i voted icemuffin, so that is partially my fault. i voted for him because one of them always said the same thing as EVERYONE else had said. it was repeated information, with nothing new to give. if you look at his posts, he often quotes other people of what they have to say and agrees with them (obviously, the most intelligent people). but doesn't really say more than "i agree with you. i agree with you. i agree with you. i agree with you and i'm gonna say what you just said and paraphrase it." (read post 33 and 40- lots of recycled statements) i find that fluff and a bit suspicious.
Well as well your reasoning is poor and you seem more desperate to give reasons for voting us. First of all please quote out repeated info. Remember my first post set out heaps of info for everyone to look at so thats where your point fails. However even though you havnt voted on the best reasoning, im preety sure your town due to ur massive posts and attempt to contribute towards the town.

Now about post rates, i think we should just not think about them as much because it all seems to complicated and I personally am feeling pressured into posting in massive groups when i dont have the necessary time.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Icemuffin »

Iceman
Muerrto wrote: Ice: How does Maxwell's latest post make him look town? Because he got frustrated and started complaining about being new and saying he wouldn't contribute any more etc? That's town?
I'm gonna have to disagree with my partner on this one - I don't think it makes him look town at all. It's an appeal to emotion, as you said, which is not good logic or in any way convincing. I think muffin tends to think big posts = protown, which obviously isn't always the case. In this setup I can follow muffin's thinking, as short posts look scummy, but the inverse doesn't necessarily make a townie.
Muerrto wrote: Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7. Both times immediately after each other.
Do you think this is more suggestive of newb town or newb scum?

Ting, I really like your elaboration, though I agree with Muerrto on waiting till endgame to reveal that info, as it's not needed until endgame anyways. However, the thing you have to remember about THIS:
Ting wrote: Scum will not lurk at endgame, because THE SCUM AUTO WIN AT LYLO. They can just spam bump the thread to 250 posts and kill a townie. We can't do anything about it because:
...is that each player has a 100 post cap, and once they reach it they die. I'm assuming this cap is in place to make it impossible for the scum to spam to 250 posts and get their NK in the first part of the game. So technically they can't do the auto-win at lylo unless they lurk for pretty much the entire game up until lylo. So I suppose it'd definitely more important to watch for lurkers in the early game than it usually is.

I agree with muffin that we should set our eyes on Shadow tomorrow, she is lurking as hard as K7. I think K7 today, Shadow tomorrow, and minimal discussion is necessary up until then, though posting solid analysis once every 72 hours for the next week or so is a solid plan. I like your plan, Ting, but I don't see that it's necessary to post once a day, though there isn't a huge problem with it. I just think that on the first two days we should be less zealous with our posting and do more voting. I.E., it's more than worth it to eliminate the lurkers on the first two days of the game, and from there we can look more deeply into the analysis. So my vote stays with K7.

As a sidenote, thanks kabenon for replacing out, as if you're a townie it would have been a waste of a townie to lose you due to the 72 hour restriction.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Hi all, muf here and now I have time for this game.

first up
mod question: does shadows latest postcount towards the 250 posts untill the scum get a kill?

Ok now most of the lurkers have died due to inactivity and I have no major leads.
Ice: How does Maxwell's latest post make him look town? Because he got frustrated and started complaining about being new and saying he wouldn't contribute any more etc? That's town?
Ill answer this:

Now maxs last 2 posts have been massive and they have both aswered questions and explained his votes. His logic might not be the greatest considering he is still adding information to votes on the first page but he is trying to get this game going. I have played here for 4 months and never have i seen a newbie who is posting as much as he is turn out to be scum. I see him as newb town.
Now a JDodge wrote: In reply to Muerrto:
Muerrto wrote:My partner still doesn't wanna vote Maxwell. I hate the newb card with a passion. Especially in a non-newbie game. If you plan on playing with the big boys, don't expect us to pull punches. Pulling a newb card here was just bad and saying 'I'm townie I swear' is worse. I reeeeally wanna vote you.

My partner still likes JDodge being scum but I'm simply not feeling it. If I turn out to be wrong I'm gonna have to apologise but not placing my vote there.

I'm compromising and

Vote: Stranger

You jumped from the Dodge wagon to the Max wagon and then HoS'ed Killa even though there's no lynch -1 or whatever in this game instead of voting him to distance yourself from the lynch. What use is the HoS? Why not a vote? Made no sense.
I agree that maxwell pulling out the newbie card is a bad move, so
FoS: maxwell
for now. But I still think Stranger is scummier at the moment. Muerrto, you've pretty much summarized why I think Stranger is scum, except that I'd add his first vote on Green Cow to the list. (He voted for Green Cow because Green Cow merely FoSed K7, instead of voting K7. Bad reason, I'd say.) I'd also remove Stranger's HoS of K7 from the list; K7 was more or less done at that point. Adding an extra vote wouldn't do much, so what's the difference if he voted or not? Null tell to me.

Still, because of what looks like some major opportunistic voting on Stranger's part:

Vote: StrangerCoug
Now muerrtos point isnt bad but you say that voting somone for fosing on the first page is totally ridculous and straight after that fos by green cow i thought that was suspicious and so did my partner.

Let me explain why.

On the first page the aim is to vote to try get a response out of people. Now when you are scum you try not to vote so that you stay in everybodies good books which makes you keep quiet. Therefore no body will vote you and therefore scum become safe.

That is why i have seen strangercoug as town since the beginning. Now It didnt make me want to lynch green cow due to the fact that I have seen somone else fos on page one and turn out town. However for you to vote coug after he made a good point seems absoultly ridiculous to me. Thereofre

vote najd
for now.

ps: love the green cow aviatar
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

muf:
Ok first off dahill please dont swear at me, I dont care what you say to others as everyones different, but dont say it to me.

Ok, as everyone seems confused ill explain 1 step at a time what i meant.
Green Cow wrote:Hi guys, how are you all doing?
First off,
FoS: killa seven
for making a small post so early. We shouldn't be wasting posts like this, for a few reasons. I won't go into them right now though, because everyone should be familiar with them.
This I didnt like. My vote wouldve gone there if I had more time to post early on to get a response. It just doesnt make sense for a townie to fos on the first page.

Now coug picks up on this which is a good point
StrangerCoug wrote:
Green Cow, I understand your bandwagoning concern, but if short posts concern you as a waste of space, then why are you merely FoS'ing killa seven for it? I don't get it, and you seem overly cautious here.

Vote: Green Cow
Then trojen puts this vote on coug for making a good point which is absoulutly crap reason.
Um, it sounds very reasonable to me for someone to make a FOS in their very first post, instead of a vote. That's not a scumtell to me. Based on having (IMO) a bad reason to vote Green Cow, and based on what looks like an opportunistic vote on me:

Unvote K7
Vote StrangerCoug
As I said in my last post this is why it isnt reasonble to fos on the first page and why it was a good reason to vote green cow
Let me explain why.

On the first page the aim is to vote to try get a response out of people. Now when you are scum you try not to vote so that you stay in everybodies good books which makes you keep quiet. Therefore no body will vote you and therefore scum become safe.
and now on day 3 THAT IS YOUR MAIN REASON FOR VOTING HIM. Also the fact that the rest of NAJD agree with him is even stranger.
but i am content with TrojH putting our vote on Stranger, as i agree with everything he said about him. i think it's safe to say that those two are more or less our most suspicious right now.
Now a JDodge wrote:dahill here..

Icemuffin wrote:Ill answer this:

Now maxs last 2 posts have been massive and they have both aswered questions and explained his votes. His logic might not be the greatest considering he is still adding information to votes on the first page but he is trying to get this game going. I have played here for 4 months and never have i seen a newbie who is posting as much as he is turn out to be scum. I see him as newb town.
this has got to be the most crap logic i have ever seen!
first of all,
big post =/= town
. i have no idea where you got the idea that if someone posts walls of text that they are automatically town. basically what you are saying is: his logic is bad, but he makes big posts and big posts are good!! post size is in
no way
indicative of alignment whatsoever, and you clearing him solely on that fact warrants an
FoS: icemuffin
Well if you looked at max carfully you would relise that he is a newbie. Now I have seen plenty of newbies who post in massive amounts and ALL of them have turned out town. Thats where i got the idea from

Im sure that a said somwhere that this only applies to newbies. SO THAT THIS IS CLEAR THIS ONLY APPLIES TO HIM SINCE HE IS NEW TO THE GAME. Untill I see a big posting newb be turn out to be scum, then this theory I will believe.

@max Why on earth is your vote on me? Your talking about scum lurking and all of a sudden a vote on me without explination? I really dont want to change my oponion about you cause I hate to be wrong.
i really doubt that mafia would just lurk. since we're at 70-ish posts, still a ways off from 250, the best way for the mafia to be winning would be to spark continuous discussions and spread out the suspicious bubble. the best way for the mafia to win at this point is to make everyone WANT to post while contributing themselves and feeding the fire.

vote: icemuffin
Also it is a very common thing for scum to lurk cause then they go unoticed and dont get lynched.
Answer this question for me? How do we find scum when scum dont even post?
Now it doesnt necessarily apply here since each person has to post every 72 hours. But if they keep quiet to the as good as possible then it will be extremly hard to find scum.

Ok that post almost took me an hour so if that doesnt explain the case then i dont know what will. Feel free to ask any questions.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

First you say you don't think name-claims will be productive. Then you say there must be significance to the names. Then you say you think it might not favor town at all.
Right, that's how my thought process unfolded as I wrote the post. Usually conclusions are found at the end, so that's where you can look if you missed it somehow, which you apparently did.

I guess I should address why I thought it might not be a good idea to do a nameclaim. Poweroles might have a different type of name - it would suck to lynch a power role based on that. Either way I don't think that applies to your claim, as I explained.

Then you imply that lynching me is a good way to find out if my role-claim is indicative of alignment...
Technically, it is, isn't it? But that's not the only reason I voted for you.
You lie and say: "he chose to claim first" when I was requested to because I already said my name was not of a MS player
Nope. You already soft claimed and set yourself up to be able to claim the way you did by saying that your name was a non-MS name, so my point is still totally valid.
You completely ignore my reasoning that the name-claims should not be considered of interest until EVERYBODY had claimed. One person (who you admit didn't seem scummy previously) claims a non-mafiascum name and you think it justifies their lynch?
Not entirely. That's part of it - as I said, there must be significance to the fact that your name is of a totally different style, if it actually is - but in addition to that, it'd be OK to lynch you based on the rest of the reasons I gave - that is, because I think your claim is crap.
You completely ignore the fact that name-claiming was MY idea and that it would be in me-scum's best interest to avoid such claiming if I knew all pro-town players had MS-names.
I didn't ignore that at all - in fact, as I elaborated upon in my post, the fact that you started the claim process is what I found scummy in the first place. I think it's a gambit.
If I'm scum and only scum have non-scum names, then my partner and I will be the only ones with non-MS names. If one of us gets lynched, the other is the obvious next choice. So by requesting a name-claim and not making one up, I doomed scum. Sound logic.
I doubt your partner would be dumb enough to also claim a non-MS name.
This post baffles me with failed logic and a horribly unjustified, 'intent-to-lynch' vote. Pardon the OMGUS, and pardon for posting more frequently than I usually intend to, but my vote needs to be replaced.
Unvote, Vote IcemanE
It's OMGUS whether you ask for it to be pardoned or not. Also, you might want to switch your vote to "IceMuffin" as I am one head on a hydra account in this game.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Icemuffin »

Strife wrote: This game doesn't have powerroles. It's mountainous - 10 vanilla town, 2 vanilla scum. Scum cannot benefit from knowing town names
Oops. Missed that. So the power role theory is out - which makes the non-MS names seem even more important.

Strife wrote: So you want to lynch me when I'm the only person that's claimed? For all we know, half the players in the game might have names that aren't MS. Or there might be 3 of us. Or just myself. Your Vote is placed long before you get all the information that you Should be basing your vote on. How do you know my claim is 'crap' until everyone else chimes in with better ones?
Let me explain something: I don't believe your claim Strife. I think you probably have a mafiascum name, but like I said, you made up the pirate claim for two reasons:

1. To avoid someone repeating and thereby CC'ing you claim.
2. To appear protown without risking ^.

Also, here's why I don't think you actually have a non-MS name (or, if you actually do, why it means you're scum): you say that potentially half the players have non-MS names. However, given the evidence we already have (killa7, targ, shadow, kab, Ting (who implied he had a MS name), myself, and now muerrto ALL have MS names - that's over half the players in the game) I just don't see why the mod would give out some non-MS games unless there was something inherently different about the role, i.e., to scum.

My nameclaim is:

shaft.ed. It says I want to help Xyzzy and that Nibbler is a pimp.
Then I'm forcing my partner to make up a name claim which may overlap with someone elses? Or me-scum was clever and put my partner at the end of the claim-list, in which case he'll be under suspicion because he's at the end of the claim list And had a crappy claim.
Yes, that sounds like a plausible strategy. Stranger and NAJD are at the bottom of the list. Are you saying they are your partners? I see that as a possibility. I'm curious - if you're denying putting them at the bottom of the list with a motive, would you mind if they were the next two players to claim?
We're nowhere close to lylo, so you want to make a lynch now with less information than a lynch later with more?
We're still close to a lynch deadline pretty much at all times during this game with only 5 days between lynches. Here's the thing - I already think that, given the info we have, there's enough to support your lynch, so I don't need to wait around for any more, especially since we have such a limited amount of time to decide.

I don't like Greencow's style, but I agree entirely with this:
GC wrote: In fact, that seems extremely likely because your claim nigh-ruins the effectiveness of a mass name claim. You set up the mass name claim to seem pro-town, then you ruin it with your claim AND seem even MORE pro-town because you suggested it with such an off-the-wall claim. What doesn't make sense is WHY you would suggest it if you knew your claim was going to ruin it.
He's right - by claiming with a non-MS name, you've essentially destroyed the effectiveness of the nameclaim, which would of course be the intent of scum.
I'm Brandi and I give 'Moar Hugz'. I have no clue who the hell that is but maybe my partner(who's V/LA) or someone else in this game does. That's why I said I've nothing to hide because I simply can't make something like that up.
This sounds legit, and though I don't understand it, I know it relates to MS. TheStatusQuo's avatar and signature are about Brandi, whoever that is.

Weird coincidence none of them are voting for each other but Stranger and Cow are both voting Strife...
How is that a weird coincidence? Three people voting for the person they find scummiest is scummy? If that's the criteria for suspicion, every person on every wagon is immediatly suspect, and that's faulty logic.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Muf here

Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

so just incase we are still on day 2

unvote,
vote strangercoug

ting =) wrote:Yes, they contradict.

At the time of my first post, strangercoug and strife were both at 3 votes each.

Whoever I voted would have been the lynch. If I picked the scum correctly, they would have spammed the thread.

I decided then that I'd watch whoever I voted for. If they spammed, they're scum. If they didn't, then they're most probably town.

Since stranger didn't spam, I'm inclined to think that he's town. This doesn't make strife scum, but it does make me think that my vote on strangercoug is on the wrong place. Hence, the switch to strife.
I totally disagree with ur theory ting. If coug was scum and chose to flood the game with all his posts then the total would be around 190 since this is only the 106th post meaning scum still dont even get a nk. If i was scum then I would just try to defend myself from being lynched because if I suceed then a townie is lynched which is just as good as a nk if you see what I mean.

@NaJd- How about we get every single person in the hydra to give us an oponion of who they think is scum and who they think is town. 9 oponions is much more usfull then just the one. I suggest putting this into 1 or 2 posts.

Anyways coug you are most likely going to be lynched tomorrow. What do you have to say to that?
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Icemuffin »

Ting wrote: I'll admit I have no case on strife. I do, however, now think that strangercoug is town.
unvote - vote: Ting

for that terrible inconsistency near the end of day 2, evidently an attempt at derailing the strangercoug lynch after bussing him.

Also, it appears my "scum have non-MS names" theory is out the window. However, that doesn't change my mind about strife's claim - in fact, it makes me more sure it's fake. Stranger's was yet another MS name, and we still have no evidence whatsoever that there are non-MS names in this game other than strife's claim, which has yet to be supported with hard facts.

I have a tough time believing scum would ride their partner's bandwagon to the end in this setup, with only 2 of them against 10 town. Therefore I'm going to set aside suspicions of those on stranger's wagon at the end of day 2 - that is, Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, and Lawrencelot-Muerrto. This also increases my suspicion of Ting - like I said, he pulled out in the 11th hour and attempted to change the lynch.

Also, I doubt Ting's theory about the scum spamming the thread is going to hold water anymore - there's only one of them left, so they probably won't sign their death warrant by spamming and giving themselves away - even if they hit the 250 post mark and get an NK, they'll simply be lynched at the end of the day for a town win. We're now at 6 townies to 1 scum, nowhere near lylo, and we're only at post 111. We may prevent an NK yet. In fact, Ting's continual suggestion that we can't prevent an NK no longer holds water either, as long as we nail scum this go around. I'm feeling better and better about my vote the more I think about it.

Ting wrote:Also, read my reply to muerrto - I don't know if strife is guilty,
but i do know that i don't think strangercoug is town, i don't want him lynched.
It boils down to me currently thinking that strangercoug is townier, which means that given a choice of a stranger lynch or a strife lynch, i'd go with strife.
@Ting - I'm guessing that the bolded above is a typo? Or was it a slipup?
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

muf here-
Well this once again has been a terrible game for me as my suspcisions have been all over the place in the wrong spots. All I can do is ask questions about everyone and look for scum.

maxwellhouse wrote:
icemuffin wrote:uot;]Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

so just incase we are still on day 2
random wagon jump? at this point, votes on strife or strangercoug wouldn't matter at all. since strangercoug already had majority vote on him. this seems more like a "crap, we got caught!" vote.
icemuffin wrote:I have a tough time believing scum would ride their partner's bandwagon to the end in this setup, with only 2 of them against 10 town. Therefore I'm going to set aside suspicions of those on stranger's wagon at the end of day 2 - that is, Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, and Lawrencelot-Muerrto. This also increases my suspicion of Ting - like I said, he pulled out in the 11th hour and attempted to change the lynch.
well, the thing is, you did that also. though ting pulled out last minute also, you were the very very last to do this, when it didn't even matter anymore. ting did it when it could have mattered; you did it once strangercoug had officially the majority on him.

so...

vote: icemuffin
Now this is absoulte rubish. I put the extra vote on sc because I know strife isnt scum and TO MAKE SURE NO BODY ALL OF A SUDDEN VOTES STRIFE AGAIN. Yet you done the exact same thing so stop being a hipocrete. You keep sayin "oh i have a good reason for voting ice" yet YOU HAVE NOT MADE ONE GOOD POINT WHATSOEVER. I know this is one of your first games here but you really need to stop being so stubborn and actually read everything that goes on.

Right now I have only 1 person I think is scum.
unvote
vote greencow

On yesterday he just tried to hop on badonwagons. First there was the one on me then theone on strife. They have contributed the least to conversation and seem to be budding up. Then his short posts already knowing that we shouldnt do them.

In order from most to least scummiest- written to scale to show how far out in front greencow is

greencow

max-crap logic

ting- His theory yesterday
mue- nothing really pro-town and the fact hes off track

The rest of the people are definatly town in my books.

Still waiting for an answer from Najd to this
@NaJd- How about we get every single person in the hydra to give us an oponion of who they think is scum and who they think is town. 9 oponions is much more usfull then just the one. I suggest putting this into 1 or 2 posts.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Ok I know I shouldnt be posting again so quickly but I just need to point this out
Muerrto wrote:
Icemuffin wrote:mue- nothing really pro-town and the fact hes off track
Ahahahaha anyone wanna read back and find who was the first person to vote Stranger yesterday? Me! Not pro-town? Off track?

Nice. Quite happy with my vote.

Oh, and I also said either you OR Cow but this statement right here is a perfect reason why it's you.

Your votes so far Ice:

Jdodge
K7
JDodge
Stranger
Ting
Cow

Who's off track?
Well doesnt somone hate it when I point out the smallest reason why I dont think you are definatly town.

Well the only one that you can actually count is K7 since he was lynched and you also voted for k7 so thats where your point fails. Also no you followed NaJds vote of stranger therefore that point is also useless.

Finally you think that just because you voted sc means you are town. Ting taught me a thing called bussing and which means yes I can see you being scum partners with sc.

As for you being off track, Your votes on me, im town, therefore I know for a fact you are off track.

Everything you said in that post was incorrect. This to me looks like a scummy post which in this game has been extremely rare. This sees you second to green cow on my list.

In future, if you are going to make a point then you need to be able to back it up.

I may not be the greatest scum hunter, In fact im preety crap at it. But at least I will try my best to win this game for the town and thats all can do.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

muf here again
maxwellhouse wrote:
icemuffin wrote:Now this is absoulte rubish. I put the extra vote on sc because I know strife isnt scum and TO MAKE SURE NO BODY ALL OF A SUDDEN VOTES STRIFE AGAIN. Yet you done the exact same thing so stop being a hipocrete. You keep sayin "oh i have a good reason for voting ice" yet YOU HAVE NOT MADE ONE GOOD POINT WHATSOEVER. I know this is one of your first games here but you really need to stop being so stubborn and actually read everything that goes on.
jeez, calm down. seriously. i AM reading everything. i'm playing the game as best as i can and trying to bring out information and you yelling "OMG BRING OUT ACTUAL INFORMATIONNNNNNNNNNNN YOU SUCK." well, what do you want me to do? honestly. i suspect you. don't yell at me because i'm saying stuff about you. maybe it's sucky information. well keep that to your fucking self, okay? defend yourself but don't be a dick about it.
icemuffin wrote:I may not be the greatest scum hunter, In fact im preety crap at it. But at least I will try my best to win this game for the town and thats all can do.
yeah, look at what you yourself said, please.
Well if I went over the top and lashed out at you then I do apologise. I was in the moment and posted as I was reading. This would have to be the first time for me where it feels like no matter what I say you arent going to change ur mind and now I understand how it feels.

I was worse as a noob. I never stopped to think gorrad was town in another game and forced Xdaamo into insanity due to my stubborness. Im here to get along with everyone and win at the same time as I am very passionate. The point of this is trying to get you to understand my situation and how I feel. Also please dont try swear at me in the future.

My suspecision has dropped from mue cause his last post gives me town vibes

@ mue (or whoever thinks they can answer this)- If I was cougs scum partner then why on earth would I actually go to the effort to defend him?
Cow here.
First off, sorry about my partner's idiotic vote. Muffin was so much scummier than strife, and I told him that, but he still voted for strife anyways, I don't know why.
If this isnt a typo then can you explain what ive done that is scummier?

@mue again- please explain why bussing in this game would be insane?

Finally to sum it up my vote isnt going to change unless icemane wants to. This could be my stubborness again but hes just to far out in front of everyone else when it comes to who I think is scum.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

muf
Green Cow has 5 votes on him. Surly he has been lynched.

Anyways this is the first time ive been confident that weve lynched scum. If gorrad isnt scum then I swear never to lynch him again lol.

Ive learnt alot from this game. First off I should never post when im po. I will try not to post fustration in the game instead I will try to defend myself using fact.

Now about the game. No offense but I didnt like the set up as much as I thought I would. Loved the hydras, it was great fun being with icemane and starting a badonwagon on najd on page 1.

Now I entered this game because of the weekly deadlines and the fact it would be over and done with quickly. However I felt incredibly rushed and pressured to add more to my posts. I like to post what im thinking which I couldnt really cause of how we required to add extra to each of our posts.

It was great fun to play with you all and hope to do so in future games.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”