strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 am

Post by strife220 »

Vote: Killa Seven

We have post limits, but we don't have word limits to our posts. That means that you should be posting fairly infrequently (definitely not twice a day), while posting as much content as possible in each of your posts. Make up for quantity with quality.

I agree with Icemuffin, you should probably write notes as you go in a notepad file, and then combine them all when you finally do need to post.

Posting without content is what mafia wants most in this game, and thus it should be considered exceptionally scummy when someone does so. Asking people questions that will have short answers is fine: it's up to the person answering those questions to make sure they don't answer until they have a substantial amount to say. i.e. if I ask StangerCoug what his favorite color is, he shouldn't come back and say 'blue.' He should wait until he is forced to post by the time limit,

What I'm less sure of is if we should be trying to beat the deadline. There's a fair bit of math that can go into analyzing this game: 72 hour activity deadlines, 120 hour days, 100 posts per person, and 250 posts (5 pages) per scum-kill. It's not very intuitive what a good posting frequency is, and if we should be trying to get our lynches off before the last day. Anybody who wants to commit some time to doing some math would be appreciated.

My opinions on the hydras are mixed. NAJD has something like a dozen heads, which means meta, as well as reading their motivations, is just about impossible. If they're scum (or should we be calling them a he/she?), they're in a very strong position. Presumably, nobody will be posting anything without the others confirming it worthwhile. This also means no scum-slips, as there are too many people to catch them before it formally gets posted. I'd like NAJD to post their method by which they agree upon what gets posted. Actually, the same question can apply to all hydras: How are you choosing what to post?

If NAJD (and to a lesser extent, smaller hydras) is town, I'm not sure if we get the same benefits as they do if they're scum. That is, I think a dozen-headed hydra is a much stronger scum character than town. I'd love to hear others opinions why this is or isn't true, and why lynching NAJD is or isn't a good idea. Is a 12 headed hydra 12 times as good at scum-hunting? Are they more dangerous as scum than a 2-headed hydra, or even a single player?

Another thing I think is important about the game is bandwagoning. I think it is more crucial here to form good bandwagons than the average game, because bandwagoning = straight to business. Indecisiveness leads to more frequent posting, which is bad, since more posting = more scum lynches. As such, we will have to adjust more than usual to accepting other people's decisions on who is the scummiest. I considering going off on your own to make votes that aren't backed by sufficient logic as 'noise' posts. Noise = scummy. If you oppose a wagon, you should give a good reason why your vote is more well placed.

That's all I can think to say right now. Want to hear other's opinions on most everything I said. There is a unique strategy for town to play this game, and I think the more people put their 2cents in, the closer we'll come to finding that strategy. In particular: posting rates, what do scum want to do this game, how hydras should be treated, etc.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by strife220 »

Lawrencelot wrote:Lastly, Muerrto told me he is suspicious of Green Cow and Killa 7, and I agree about killa. Killa, if you keep making posts like that, we'll not have enough info after 100 or after 250 posts, whichever happens first (heh that looks dumb, but you know what I mean). This is not a normal game.
FoS: killa7
. I'm less suspicious about Green Cow (Muerrto found it odd he didn't vote) because he clearly stated his suspicions, but on behalf of Muerrto:
FoS: Green Cow
for his stance on voting.
I really appreciate this form of hydra-play. Making it clear who your partner is and what each of your thoughts are is definitely the pro-town way all hydras should be playing. Hydras who post like this will be much easier to read as scum, and no less effective as town. Hydras who are not clear like this should be treated with suspicion.

@Ting post 12:
Thanks a load for doing the math. I agree, the 100 post thing is pretty much irrelevant.

I think everybody sticking to about 1 post per day max is a good idea. Just save all your thoughts and post them together at the beginning/end of the day.

The way I understand the game is that there is a formal 'night' every 5 days, however town and scum can make as many kills during the day as votes/posts account for? So theoretically we could finish this game before scum even get a chance to make a kill? I must be wrong here, since the game would be broken in favor of town in this case. All town would need to do is develop a system to lynch randomly, and scum would have a slim-to-none chance of winning.
Looking for
mod
confirmation here: Do scum only get to make kills every 250 posts? Or every 250 posts + after every town lynch?

@NAJ: If you have someone on your team that's going to be useless and post 5-word posts, you deserve to be lynched.
@ the competent member of NAJ: Ting got it right here:
ting =) wrote:Saying one of your other heads did 'scummy action x' as a defense is cheap. You're essentially voting killa seven for the exact same thing you did.
If one of you does something scummy, you all do something scummy. I'm not suspicious of those who voted you even after TrojanHorse made his post - "I'm sorry" doesn't cut it for a hydra anymore than it does for a regular player.
Xdammno as part of Now a JDodge wrote:Natirasha (Tarmogoyf), your vote is perplexing; Now a JDodge is not just here to screw around, we're actually playing mafia - though even if we were, that wouldn't be any reason to vote us... Do you really think anyone in this hydra at all is stupid enough to blatantly try and lose the game for town single-handedly?
Did you read your Hydra's first post? Either they were screwing around, or.... they were screwing around. And that IS good reason to vote someone. If all your posts were going to be as useless as the first one, then all your character would be doing is driving up the post count and increasing # of mafia lynches.

Now all that said, if that was a one-time incident, then I have no major qualms. Your last 2 posts were worthwhile, and I hope it continues that way. If you start posting excessively (using 'well there's 7 of us!' as an excuse), or if another non-accidental useless post is made, then I will think you're hands-down the best D1 lynch. I hope you can understand why people would be unhappy with your first post and it's blatant disregard for what is pro-town here.

@Greencow:
Green Cow wrote:The NAJD wagon is not a good one. While yes, it is harder for us to get reads on them, they will also make, in general, significantly more posts. This means they'll reach the post limit before any of us. This goes for all the hydras, but NAJD more than any.
I don't understand. More posts = more scum lynches = a bad thing. And how is hitting the post limit a good thing? I find this post suspicious, and would really like to hear an elaboration. As far as I can tell, you just explained why NAJ was a good lynch, yet said his lynch is "not a good one."

@Icemuffin:
More wasted posts... Firstly, you should be able to count for yourself. NAJ was at 6 votes: L-1. Secondly, the double post was completely unnecessary.

@Everyone:
I'm not sure what xyzzy's position on this is, but if you screw up a post for whatever reason, you should probably PM him. Example being Icemuffin posting on the wrong account, or Kabenon007 forgetting to bold his vote in post 18.

Also, does anyone think there's ANY reason to make people claim here? I know there's only vanilla scum and vanilla town, but I personally have flavor in my role-pm. That is, I'm not a 'vanilla townie,' I'm a *something else* that has no powers and is pro-town. It's possible everybody has a unique title, in which case claims may actually be useful in case scum claims a title that town has.

EBWO..posting in pieces:
Just checked the intro post again and read the rules more closely.
xyzzy wrote: Rule One: Lynching. All voting and unvoting must be in bold type, in the format “vote: Ether” or “unvote”. At the end of each day, whoever has had the most votes on them for the longest time will be lynched even if that person already has a majority of votes on them before deadline. You must unvote before voting. Failure to do so will result in your new vote not being counted.
Sounds like this is not a standard lynch. I interpret this to mean that every 5 days, there will be a lynch, and that lynch will not simply be whoever has the most votes on them. Moreover, 7 votes on someone right now does not get them lynched. It's whoever got the most votes over the day, and in the case of a tie, whoever had said number of votes on them for the longest amount of real-time.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by strife220 »

Given that the game is nightless, and scum Only get to kill every 10 pages, I will restate the importance of not posting very often. The less town talks here, the better. I'd go as far as saying that it's a better idea to talk less and lynch based on less information than it is to talk more and have better informed lynches. Theoretically, if we could get 10 lynches (max #) before page 10, then town would almost be guaranteed a win. Unfortunately, as broken as it is, that's the ideal play here. If scum only get 1 or 2 lynches, town is at a Huge advantage. Scum win only if town spends too much time talking.

I propose that we treat this game as if it did have a night. That is, once majority has decided on the lynch, we should shut up until the end of the day comes. The fact that the day Has to last 120 hours is a benefit to scum, because even after the lynch is inevitable, people will keep chattering and donating to the scum-lynches.

In practice: K7 is at 4 votes. NAJ was at 6 votes earlier. If K7 (or anyone else) hits 7 votes, the lynch has been essentially chosen for the day, and town gain very little by continuing to talk.

@NAJ: Please Don't double post like you did post 26+27. If several of you have something to say, PM to yourself and let the next person who wants to talk combine the posts.

@Ting Post 30: I think this post is very pro-town and everybody should read and understand it. It's right along with what I'm thinking as well. Except for the 2 posts per day thing - I think that's unnecessary. You can't say anything in 2 posts a day that you can't say in 1 post a day. Hell, I don't have a problem with people posting once every 2.5 days (twice per game day), so long as that post has a lot of content.

In general: If NAJ hadn't run up to 6 votes so quickly, my vote would be on there too. I have very little suspicion on the people on that wagon, and disagree with most every of NAJ's attacks in post 26-27. As such, I haven't seen any major scumtells and will keep my vote on K7 until he tells my why not. Though I think he if doesn't post in the next 30 hours he is modkilled

@Iceman: Good post, but you fail miserable at quote and bold tags..

@All - I disagree with the maxwell wagon. Or at least the point the everyone brings up: that he voted for NAJ for making a useless post but left K7 off the hook. The difference is in the timing. NAJ's first post was post 10 of the thread, after many people had said how bad an idea it was to post things like this. Though he hasn't posted yet to defend his first post, I assume he's going to plea ignorance. NAJ has no excuse, which made it look like someone just being a jerk for the sake of.

Other points against Maxwell are reasonable for page 2. That one is just blown way out of proportion
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by strife220 »

That's 6 votes on K7 - the same number that was on NAJ earlier. Given how useless his last post was, I have no reason to take it off. If these 6 votes stay on him for a few more hours, he will be the leader of the 'who's lynched at end of D1' boards. The only way he Wouldn't be the lynch is if Maxwell, NAJ, or someone else builds up to 7 votes.

hasdgfas wrote:
strife220 wrote:Given that the game is nightless, and scum Only get to kill every 10 pages, I will restate the importance of not posting very often. The less town talks here, the better. I'd go as far as saying that it's a better idea to talk less and lynch based on less information than it is to talk more and have better informed lynches.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. You should
never
lynch like this, even in a game set up like this. We still need to lynch informedly, but if people just make longer posts as opposed to shorter posts at the end of the day. We should talk
more
in fewer posts, we should not talk less by any stretch of the imagination.
FoS: strife
Lynching randomly would actually give town >90% chance to win, because scum would never get to NK. Theoretically it's an awesome idea, but too tough to implicate. It's merely meant to show the power of Not posting. I don't mean post little as in post like K7. I mean say more in fewer posts.

I think everybody gets the point by now, however, since most people aren't posting needlessly.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by strife220 »

I too thought about the mafia spamming their 100 posts, but decided that the the ideal town play didn't change. Not sure if bringing it out in the open was the right thing to do Ting, but I guess it's too late now. Saying lurkers are suspicious because they may be 'saving' most of their 100 votes for a sort of vig is untrue. 100 posts is 100 posts, regardless if when they happened. I suppose it doesn't hurt to be aware that scum will likely spam out their 100 posts before death, but it shouldn't effect town behaviour. I could rant on how it's still important to post less (fewer posts, more content per post), but nobody's posting too frequently, so I won't bother.

I disagree with Ting about controlling when scum get the nightkill. We simply try our hardest to make it come as late as possible.

On a more practical note, that's 7 votes on Killa, which means a lynch as far as I'm concerned. I obviously think he's a good lynch choice, and I really doubt the wagon is going to reverse completely and bring someone to 8 votes. As such, this will be my last post of the day, which has about 30ish hours left. I'll hopefully have a lengthy post on who I think is most likely to be scum once D2 starts up, influenced by Killa's cardflip. The case on Maxwell is pretty good regardless of K7's alignment, so I'll certainly be looking into that, as well as a few other ideas.

Enjoy pseudo-twilight, everyone.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by strife220 »

Now I understand why the game is balanced. Townies are going to keep suiciding...

Targomofy was Yosarian2. Shadowgirl was Adel. Killa Seven was Mr. Flay. I highly suggest a full name-claim. There's no way it could hurt town, and there's a small chance that scum could get counter-claimed.

Not sure on how to decide on an order though. I'll also say that, despite being a townie, my role is not the name of a player on mafiascum. It's ... very random.

For D2 leads I'm not particularly aggressive for any one person's lynch - even after a quick reread I don't have a major bias. The game mechanics here are putting an awkward spin on the usual strategy - with 5 days between lynches, it doesn't really leave much time for scumhunting.

But enough whining. I like NAJ's content so I'm not hoping on that wagon. I thought Icemufin's last post was reasonably townie, so I'll avoid that wagon. I'm a little hesitant to jump on Maxwell's wagon because he seems like a good newbie mislynch. Under that assumption, I'm going to hop on the StrangerCoug wagon. If Maxwell is town (which... well may not be true), your behaviour fits how I think scum would handle the situation.
Vote: StrangerCoug

Weak case I know. Struggling to find strong scum-tells here. I'll try again tomorrow to find a place to put my vote with confidence.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by strife220 »

2 days left until the next kill. Stranger has the record with 3 votes. My original vote wasn't very confident, but the post 76 OMGUS leaves me more confident.
Stranger: I was choosing between wagons because I don't have any exceptional leads, and I want my vote to actually count towards the lynch. If there are 3 people with wagons, and 2 of them I don't particularly want to see lynch, I'm going to vote for the 3rd. Remember this game isn't based on majority - townies should be trying to contribute as much as they can towards deciding who is lynched, else scum get too much power. Unique game-mechanics lead to unique town-strategy.

I re-read Icemuffin (the other bandwagon still alive) and am happier with my vote placed on StrangerCoug. Given it's only 2 days left, if anybody thinks Icemuffin should be lynched over StrangerCoug they had better get their vote up there fast. No other players have much potential to be lynched today due to lack of votes.

About nameclaiming:
ting =) wrote:@strife.
Your name is not the name of a player on mafiascum? If we have a name claim, and if no one objects, I'd rather you claim first.
Muerrto wrote: the name claim really only benefits the one's who actually know these people on the site. I mean Mr. Flay obv but Adel? I know the name but a new person like Max might not. I'm not seeing the point of it, can you elaborate? I'll participate because I've nothing to hide but I also don't recognise my name so *shrug*
My reasons for thinking a name-claim is not a bad thing:
a) knowing names in absolutely no way helps scum
b) there's a small (very small?) chance scum will be forced to make up a name, which may overlap with a townies name. Unlikely, but can't hurt.
c) When we lynch one scum, we could learn a fair bit. If they were telling the truth about their name claim, then we learn nothing. If they were forced to lie, then their actual name (revealed on death) may tell us something about who their last partner is. e.g. really crappy name claims = scum trying to avoid claiming a taken name.
d) it should NOT increase the game post count. people should be including their name claim as part of a regular post - nobody should be posting just to give their name-claim.

Yes Ting, my name is not the name of a mafiascum player. I have no problem claiming first, but I hope in doing so, that gives me the right to pick the ordering (via random.com) of who should name-claim. I think this is justified because: If I am scum, I went first and I won't have the chance to use other's claims to help me own. If I am town, then my ordering should be unbiased.

To avoid excessive posting, I'm going to assume everyone is on board with that proposition - it seems reasonable enough to me.

Order from random.org (using card shuffler):
Ting
Lawrencelot/Muerrto
Maxwellhouse
Greencow
Icemuffin
StrangerCoug
NAJ

My paraphrased flavor:
I am a PIRATE from texas. I'm clueless about what's going on, but I know I like xyyzy because he seems to have honor, so I'm going to help him. I got a note with the townie PM from someone who got it from xyyzy, and the townie PM is quoted as on the first page.

I had to PM xyyzy to make sure that I was a vanilla townie, because I thought it to be weird that I had to receive the townie PM from someone else. I guess the people that received the townie PM normally are those with player names. I'm very interested to learn if scum have townie names, or if they're something way off which will force them to make up a lot of flavor.

So, there's my bizarre flavor. Everybody should post a similar claim at an appropriate time, in the order stated above - Ting's up next. Again, please don't post just to address the name-claiming stuff. If you don't want to name-claim, please provide an argument why it is anti-town. "It's distracting" doesn't count because it's only distracting if people let it distract them. Name-claims should be most useful when one scum is dead - no real need to talk about them until then.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by strife220 »

icemanE wrote:Iceman.

First of all, while I don't necessarily disagree with the nameclaim idea, I don't feel it will be all that productive. The only thing we know for sure so far is that three townies are dead, and all had mafiascum names. I find it strange that there are apparently additional titles (like strifes). This makes me think there MUST be some significance to these names - which makes me think the nameclaim, while ostensibly a good idea, might not favor the town after all. I don't see why scum would feel the need to invent a name regardless of what their PM said, because now that strife has revealed that there are more than just mafiascum titles, there's no immediately apparent significance to them. In fact, the only way to make this test truly effective would be to lynch strife (or, if everyone ends up claming a name, lynch someone else who has a non-mafiascum name) to test to see whether there's a difference between mafiascum names and non-mafiascum names in regards to allignment. Strife has not struck me as particularly worthy of a lynch outside of this logic though, so as I said, I don't know what the nameclaim would accomplish. I'll wait till it's our turn to nameclaim, in case we decide it's a bad idea before that time arrives.

I don't agree with two of my partners core ideas - that is, that long posts are automatically indicative of protown alignment, and that FoS'ing in the early game is indicative of anti-town alignment.

It has become apparent that lurking as a strategy is not something scum are going to risk - all our lurkers turned up town, which is unfortunate. Therefore, my usual way of thinking (i.e., lurking = scummy) has to change to a certain degree. The scum are going to have a tough time balancing their posts, and we're going to have an even tougher time reading into how timing plays into this game.

I've become quite suspicious of strife. I strongly dislike his last post. The fact that he chose to claim first, and that he claims to have a non-mafiascum name, make me suspicious, because all the dead players have mafiascum names, and I'll say for now that we have a mafiascum name as well. Now, I'm not trying to say that if someone doesn't have a mafiascum name it means they're scum - what I'm saying is that strife has taken the easy way out - that is, considering how limited our knowledge of the setup is, claiming as a non-mafiascum name means that there's no chance for anyone to do a repeat claim - that is, there's no risk that a later claimer will counterclaim. That looks awfully scummy - so perhaps the nameclaim will help after all.

unvote - vote: strife
This post sucksssssss.

First you say you don't think name-claims will be productive. Then you say there must be significance to the names. Then you say you think it might not favor town at all.

Then you imply that lynching me is a good way to find out if my role-claim is indicative of alignment...

You lie and say: "he chose to claim first" when I was requested to because I already said my name was not of a MS player

You completely ignore my reasoning that the name-claims should not be considered of interest until EVERYBODY had claimed. One person (who you admit didn't seem scummy previously) claims a non-mafiascum name and you think it justifies their lynch?

You completely ignore the fact that name-claiming was MY idea and that it would be in me-scum's best interest to avoid such claiming if I knew all pro-town players had MS-names. If I'm scum and only scum have non-scum names, then my partner and I will be the only ones with non-MS names. If one of us gets lynched, the other is the obvious next choice. So by requesting a name-claim and not making one up, I doomed scum. Sound logic.

This post baffles me with failed logic and a horribly unjustified, 'intent-to-lynch' vote. Pardon the OMGUS, and pardon for posting more frequently than I usually intend to, but my vote needs to be replaced.
Unvote, Vote IcemanE
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by strife220 »

Icemuffin wrote: I guess I should address why I thought it might not be a good idea to do a nameclaim. Poweroles might have a different type of name - it would suck to lynch a power role based on that. Either way I don't think that applies to your claim, as I explained.
This game doesn't have powerroles. It's mountainous - 10 vanilla town, 2 vanilla scum. Scum cannot benefit from knowing town names
Icemuffin wrote:
Not entirely. That's part of it - as I said, there must be significance to the fact that your name is of a totally different style, if it actually is - but in addition to that, it'd be OK to lynch you based on the rest of the reasons I gave - that is, because I think your claim is crap.
So you want to lynch me when I'm the only person that's claimed? For all we know, half the players in the game might have names that aren't MS. Or there might be 3 of us. Or just myself. Your Vote is placed long before you get all the information that you Should be basing your vote on. How do you know my claim is 'crap' until everyone else chimes in with better ones?

Icemuffin wrote:I doubt your partner would be dumb enough to also claim a non-MS name.
Then I'm forcing my partner to make up a name claim which may overlap with someone elses? Or me-scum was clever and put my partner at the end of the claim-list, in which case he'll be under suspicion because he's at the end of the claim list And had a crappy claim.

Green Cow wrote:In fact, that seems extremely likely because your claim nigh-ruins the effectiveness of a mass name claim. You set up the mass name claim to seem pro-town, then you ruin it with your claim AND seem even MORE pro-town because you suggested it with such an off-the-wall claim. What doesn't make sense is WHY you would suggest it if you knew your claim was going to ruin it.
Unvote, Vote: Strife
I explicitly stated the reasons why I think a name-claim would be helpful - I didn't make up any BS. You don't know if my claim "ruins" the point until all claims are out.

Again, your vote here is with the intention of lynching, but even if you think my claim sucks, you have NO reason not to wait until all name-claims are out. We're nowhere close to lylo, so you want to make a lynch now with less information than a lynch later with more?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:45 am

Post by strife220 »

Assuming that scum are going to spam the thread before a lynch is a terrible assumption to make. Based on StrangerCoug's unvote from me and attack on Ting, I don't think he even realized that he was risking his own lynch by doing so.

I'm nearly positive day is over, but
Unvote, Vote: StrangerCoug
if it's as all possible it will help.

If I'm lynched, I suppose I'll throw out whatever I can to help.

Roleclaims:
I still hope to see them all come out. I'm still unsure if scum have MS names or they don't. My role PM as well as the flavor of the game call pro-town people "friends of xyyzy" or something like that. My guess would be that even if scum do have MS names, they may be more hated players of the game or something like that. Once everyone has claimed it will hopefully be a bit more obvious if anything useful will come out of it or not.

Vibes:
Unfortunately I don't have a great idea of who scum is. Icemuffin and Greenman's attack on me I felt was very suspicious. NAJ is doing a fair job of playing pro-town. Muerrto's play seems pro-town too, but I'm a little cautious that his defense of me was buddying. I don't think Ting's lynch on me was scummy just stupid - I'd still peg him as pro-town. Stranger I'm not sure on. Maxwellhouse I think may likely be scum.

I'm at work so don't have time to post a more detailed analysis. If I get home still alive I'll say more
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by strife220 »

ting =) 2:57pm monday wrote:
unvote. vote: strangercoug
That put Stranger at 4 votes

ting =) 12:44pm tuesday wrote:
unvote. vote:strife
That switched From Stranger with 4 votes to me, putting me in the lead.
StrangerCoug 1:14pm tuesday wrote:
Unvote: strife220
Vote: ting =)
That takes me off of 4 votes, only being at 4 for half an hour.
xyyzy wrote: At the end of each day, whoever has had the most votes on them for the longest time will be lynched even if that person already has a majority of votes on them before deadline.

I interpret the rules to mean that, if Stranger spent one hours at 4 votes all of D2, and I spent half an hour at 4 votes, then Stranger would be lynched, regardless of what the last vote count of the day would be.

Assuming that I'm wrong, I'd look very closely at Maxwell's play over the last page. He doesn't want a double lynch (which is not what would happen in that case), so he voted me, and then after it was said that I was officially lynched, he changed his vote to StrangerCoug. That seems like scrambling away from responsibility.

maxwellhouse wrote:as for nameclaiming: doesn't it say in the rules we're not supposed to role claim =/? and to no use name claims as evidence of alignment? =/ if these are allowed, then i will also nameclaim and i will explain why i feel suspicious of ting.
In this specific game, it is not against the rules. In some games names have no relevance to alignment. We're unsure of whether that is true or not in this game - we'll find out when the first scum dies. That's my main interest with the name claiming, we might be able to use scum #1s name-claim/actual name to help us find scum #2. It's a bit of a long shot, but it shouldn't hurt. People shouldn't be discussing names in too much depth until one scum is dead, or at the very least, when all name-claims are out.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 am

Post by strife220 »

First off: Given that SC was Jeep, I think name-claiming officially becomes useless. I'll be interested in asking xyyzy what I'm a freaking pirate once the game is over.

Second: I still don't think Ting is scum. He could have got my lynched without risking SC's life. SC's unvote and vote for Ting on post 97 is a little confusing though - it seems like a nonsensical move to make regardless of alignment.

Third: This game is very bus-unfriendly. It's now 6 town and 1 scum. I think scum would not be on the SC wagon unless they thought his death was inevitable.

Fourth: I think the game has gotten to the point where we're guaranteed not to have 2 mafia-kills occurring, and we would need to post ultra-conservative to prevent 1 kill. Noise posts are still obviously unnecessary, but I think we should feel free to post at whatever rate we feel comfortable with. With one scum dead, we now have much more to discuss, and I'd rather 4 more pages of text with 1 scum-kill than have to find the last scum in the next page 35 posts (at which point scum gains suicide-vig ability).

Maxwell house: Please explain your thought process in post 102 and 105 in detail. The unvote on me and vote on SC long after deadline, as well as the thinking there will be a double-lynch, is confusing.

IceMuffin:
Here's a lovely contradiction for you to elaborate on:
Icemuffin wrote:Muf here

Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

so just incase we are still on day 2

unvote,
vote strangercoug
Icemuffin wrote:Also, it appears my "scum have non-MS names" theory is out the window. However, that doesn't change my mind about strife's claim - in fact, it makes me more sure it's fake. Stranger's was yet another MS name, and we still have no evidence whatsoever that there are non-MS names in this game other than strife's claim, which has yet to be supported with hard facts.

If it wasn't for the fact that Icemuffin was voting for SC for a bit on D2, he'd be my #1 suspect. Instead, it's Greencow.
I claimed post 81
Post 82 (30 minutes after post 81), Greencow, who is currently voting Icemuffin, makes a lengthy post towards Muerrto.
Post 83 (1 minute after post 82), Icemuffin comes in and votes me.
I make my defense, Icemuffin makes his counter-defense, and then GreenCow comes in, sides with Icemuffin (his previous #1 suspect), calls my defense WIFOM, and plops his vote on me with some (I think) crappy reasoning to put me at 3 votes. I think Ting nailed it here
ting =) wrote:I don't like greencow's because it seems intended more to prevent a stranger lynch than to lynch strife.
Vote: Greencow

And I'll express once again my objection to a D3 Ting-lynch. People should be considering his play as a whole, not just his late D2 switch.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:14 am

Post by strife220 »

Checking in. Not a ton to say, as GreenCow is effectively lynched. I'm not sure what to think about Icemuffin's post 132, where he talks as if the game is definitely over. Certainly weird, but I admit that I am very happy in the lynch choice.

I suppose I'm not doing myself a big favor here, but I'm not going to let other people lie in my defense, lest I be "caught" in not correcting it:
Now a JDodge wrote:After what happened in twilight yesterday, I doubt it. If he was scum, he would've spammed the thread during twilight. (Unless he realized that he hadn't really been lynched. Which is possible.)
In Post 106 (with the mucked up quote tags), I stated that I didn't think I was lynched. I thought SC had spend a few hours at 4 votes, and I had only spent an hour at 4 votes, making SC the lynch. Hope that doesn't reverse your opinion on me, but it's the truth.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:43 am

Post by strife220 »

Who would have thought 120 hours would have been too long for a deadline...

Posting in case I forget to post tonight.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 am

Post by strife220 »

Yea, that's right. A Pirate. From Texas.

The game had an interesting premise, but I think the rules made it too easily breakable for town. I think completely random-lynching with only posting once every 3 days would have basically guaranteed scum would never have made majority.

I liked how the hydras worked out, though it's a little bit frustrating to see two members have opposing opinions.

I don't think the 100 post maximum was an issue what-so-ever, basically just in place to prevent scum from spamming out kills. The issue was the 250posts for a scum-kill - not posting frequently was an incredibly strong strategy
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:45 am

Post by strife220 »

EBWOP:
This game wins the record for most text in a game concentrated into the fewest pages

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”