icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:31 am

Post by icemanE »

This is IcemanE. I only have time for a quick question for the mod and will make a much more comprehensive analysis post soon, if the answer to the question I'm about to ask is no. I believe NAJD has already been lynched, with maxwell's being the hammer vote: Am I correct?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by icemanE »

Iceman.

First of all, while I don't necessarily disagree with the nameclaim idea, I don't feel it will be all that productive. The only thing we know for sure so far is that three townies are dead, and all had mafiascum names. I find it strange that there are apparently additional titles (like strifes). This makes me think there MUST be some significance to these names - which makes me think the nameclaim, while ostensibly a good idea, might not favor the town after all. I don't see why scum would feel the need to invent a name regardless of what their PM said, because now that strife has revealed that there are more than just mafiascum titles, there's no immediately apparent significance to them. In fact, the only way to make this test truly effective would be to lynch strife (or, if everyone ends up claming a name, lynch someone else who has a non-mafiascum name) to test to see whether there's a difference between mafiascum names and non-mafiascum names in regards to allignment. Strife has not struck me as particularly worthy of a lynch outside of this logic though, so as I said, I don't know what the nameclaim would accomplish. I'll wait till it's our turn to nameclaim, in case we decide it's a bad idea before that time arrives.

I don't agree with two of my partners core ideas - that is, that long posts are automatically indicative of protown alignment, and that FoS'ing in the early game is indicative of anti-town alignment.

It has become apparent that lurking as a strategy is not something scum are going to risk - all our lurkers turned up town, which is unfortunate. Therefore, my usual way of thinking (i.e., lurking = scummy) has to change to a certain degree. The scum are going to have a tough time balancing their posts, and we're going to have an even tougher time reading into how timing plays into this game.

I've become quite suspicious of strife. I strongly dislike his last post. The fact that he chose to claim first, and that he claims to have a non-mafiascum name, make me suspicious, because all the dead players have mafiascum names, and I'll say for now that we have a mafiascum name as well. Now, I'm not trying to say that if someone doesn't have a mafiascum name it means they're scum - what I'm saying is that strife has taken the easy way out - that is, considering how limited our knowledge of the setup is, claiming as a non-mafiascum name means that there's no chance for anyone to do a repeat claim - that is, there's no risk that a later claimer will counterclaim. That looks awfully scummy - so perhaps the nameclaim will help after all.

unvote - vote: strife
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by icemanE »

Muerrto wrote: Um... so he claimed first, claimed a NON-mafiascum name, claimed to be a PIRATE, all as a gambit because he's scum??? Because as scum and making something up...a PIRATE is the best thing he could come up with??? An F'ing PIRATE??? Are you joking???
Sure... why is that any less plausible than anything else? It's completely random - that would be the idea, right?

A question for you, if you do believe his claim - why do you think he's the only one (so far) with a non-MS name? Even if you buy his claim, don't you see there's something inherently different about his role as evidenced by his name? And that he's in the minority in having a non-MS name - we already have enough claims to certify that - and that scum are the minority in this game?

Either way, whether you believe the claim or not, I think his claim is evidence of his being scum.
Muerrto wrote: Hmm...I said Stranger and Cow were voting Strife, not you. Why'd you feel compelled to add yourself to that group?
Because... I'm voting strife...?

In regards to Muerrto's Brandi claim, I believe that. It fits with the style of all the other roles revealed so far. I don't know who Brandi is but by way of Ting's latest post it's clear she's a MS player.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:48 am

Post by icemanE »

I agree with muffin and think we've won. Either way, I don't want to get modkilled. Tada.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:46 am

Post by icemanE »

Oops, we done died.

However, win. Nice job town.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:34 am

Post by icemanE »

I wouldn't say it's the worst game I've ever played, but I had no idea what was going on - maybe it's because I'm not as much a part of the MS community as others are? But the names included with our roles, and the overall storyline, made no sense whatsoever to me. Was there some significance to the names being tied in to village or scum, or was it random? And I still don't understand the pirate part of it at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”