Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Open 82: Texas Justice Mafia (Game Over!) before 626

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Mirth »

Howdy y'all and welcome ta beautiful, historic, and scenic Odessa, Texas. Ah'm Miz Mirth and ah'll be your local guide here at El Hacienda Nuestra Señora de la Virgen Santa Que Tiene Gust de Aparecer en Tostada del Desayuno. Unfortunately there seems ta be some sort of mix-up back at the travel agency, and it seems that among you greenhorns there are a couple of Eyetalians meanin' ta go ta Tijuana? Well, that would explain how Bobby Ray done went and got 'imself shot last night. The darn no good travel agency went and mixed up mah files, so ah don't know who's who, but ah know there are three of the darned murderin' Eyetalians here. Now ah'm a purdy good shot mahself, but ah got ta be feedin' the cattle and such, so ah don't have time to shot y'all and avenge Bobby Ray's murder. How about ah give y'all some guns and some ammo and y'all go have it out out back or somethin'? Sorry ta say, but after Lulu Mae went huntin' last week, we only got enough to give y'all one bullet each...ah think the Eyetalians brought their own ammo though...If most of y'all can agree on who you want gotten rid of, ah suppose ah could personally handle it, and set up the gallows so we can watch the no-good fella dance the Danny Deever.

(Translation for those that don't feel like reading the flavor: There are 12 of you. 3 of you are mafia, 9 of you are town-aligned one-shot vigs. Aside from the normal day-lynching that goes on, mafia as a group gets one kill every night, and each vig has one kill they can use on any night during the game, after which point they become a vanilla townie. Also, I want some holy toast. The end.)

Alive and Ridin'
(3/12)

ashmite84 - One Shot Vig
Linehouse - One Shot Vig
The Fonz - One Shot Vig

Pushin' up the daisies in the prairie
(9/12)
ClockworkRuse - One Shot Vig
Crazy - One Shot Vig
Starkmoon
dcorbe
- One Shot Vig
farside22 - One Shot Vig
Iron Man - One Shot Vig
Light-kun - One Shot Vig
somestrangeflea - Mafia Goon
Sun Tzu - Mafia Goon
Tom -Mafia Goon

Next post, the roles.
Last edited by Mirth on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Mirth »

The Roles

9 of y'all innocent tourists will get this role:
Howdy, pardner! You seem to be stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily, you have a gun, though sadly only one bullet, making you a
One-Shot Vigilante
. You have one kill you can use at night anytime in the game, if you so choose, by sending me the name of the player you want to kill. After you have used up your bullet, you become a plain, powerless townie.

You win when all of the mafia are dead. Good luck.
3 of y'all in the Mafia will get this role
Buon giorno, signore, you and your associates XXXX and YYYY are members of the New Jersey
Mafia
meaning to practice your murderin' skills. Each night (and only during the night) you and your associates may converse and one of you may send me the name of the player your group wishes to assassinate. That player will be killed.

You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or nothing can prevent this from happening. Buona Fortuna.
Next post, the rules.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Mirth »

RULES
(stolen and modified from all them other folks who post rules)

- Only
black, visible text
is allowed in this thread.
Blue is my colour, and there will be modkilling involved if I see anyone else using it.

-
No
quoting or fake-quoting any PMs from the mod. This is a modkillable offense. It will result in me having to take you out back…and…well…we all know what happened to Old Yeller…
- If you wish to vote, you must bold your vote as such:
vote:mirth
, or it will not be counted.
Unvotes
would be very much appreciated, but not necessary.
- The will be
no
discussing this game outside of this thread unless your role specifically permits you to do so.
- Lynching shall be accomplished by simple majority vote. Once a player reaches the majority needed for a lynch, unvotes will stop counting and the day will end.
- If you’re one of them tree-hugging hippie types and wish to avoid a lynch, you may
vote:no lynch
If a simple majority of people votes no lynch, the day shall end without one.
-
No
posting in this thread once you’re dead. If you want to gripe about dying, please wait until the game ends.
-
No
editing or deleting posts. If I catch you, there shall be modkilling. (Gosh, I feel like a lifeguard, with all of these rules starting with no)
- If, for any reason, I have to mod-kill someone, the day will automatically end.
-
Night choices
must be submitted by the deadline given to each night phase. If I do not get a night choice from you and/or your partner(s), nothing will happen.
- I would appreciate it if y’all didn’t take forever. All days shall have a
tentative deadline of one month after they start
, but if you wish to end them earlier, normal lynch/no-lynch rules apply. Deadlines shall be modified based on activity in this thread or if you ask me real nicely.
- For a
deadline lynch
to occur, one more than half of the votes needed for a normal majority shall be needed for a deadline lynch. (If you need 7 votes for a normal lynch, you will need 4 to lynch at deadline. However, in a situation where there are 4 or less players remaining, normal majority rules will still apply for deadline)
- Please be active.
If you’re going to be unavailable for more than 2 days, either post a note in this thread or PM the mod
. Thank you.
- Prods shall be sent after 4 days of unexcused inactivity and be given a 3-day window of response. Then I will start looking for replacements. If you want prods sent sooner, ask me in thread.
If you want to ask me a question in thread, please bold it

- If you wish to take issue with the Word of Mod, I would prefer if you did so by PM. (Though feel free to correct vote counts or such in thread.) If you have any questions, also feel free to PM me or post them in thread.
- Play nice kids.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Mirth »

Status: Roles sent, waiting for confirmation. Day will start once everyone has confirmed.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Everyone has confirmed.

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

Tentative deadline: August 1, 12:00 PM

Giddy up!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Mirth »

Vote Count!

Iron Man 1 <-- Crazy
The Fonz 1 <-- dcorbe
farside22 1 <-- somestrangeflea
Light-kun 1 <-- ClockworkRuse
somestrangeflea 1 <-- Linehouse
Crazy 1 <-- ashmite84
dcorbe 1 <-- farside 22

Not voting 5 <-- The Fonz, Light-kun, Iron Man, Sun Tzu, Tom
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Mirth »

Vote Count, Y'all

dcorbe 2 <-- farside22, The Fonz
Iron Man 1 <-- Crazy
The Fonz 1 <-- dcorbe
Linehouse 1 <-- somestrangeflea
Crazy 1 <-- ashmite84

Not voting 4 <-- Light-kun, Iron Man, Sun Tzu, Tom

The vote in post 32 has not been counted as it is formated incorrectly. If you wish to vote, please bold the vote. Otherwise I shall be inclined to ignore it.

Now ah gotta git back ta the cattle
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Mirth »

Vote Count

No Lynch 2<-- Crazy, ashmite84
The Fonz 1 <-- dcorbe

Not voting 4 <-- Light-kun, Iron Man, Sun Tzu, Tom
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Mirth »

Vote Count:

No Lynch 6<-- Crazy, ashmite84, Iron Man, Light-kun, ClockworkRuse, Tom
The Fonz 2<-- dcorbe, Sun Tzu

Not voting 1 <-- Linehouse

To end your speculating, If dcorbe does not pick up his prod by tomorrow, he will be replaced.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Mirth »

dcorbe has failed to pick up his prod. Looking for replacement now

Edit: Starkmoon replaces dcorbe.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Mirth »

No Lynch 7<-- Crazy, ashmite84, Iron Man, Light-kun, ClockworkRuse, Tom, Starkmoon

The Fonz 1<-- Sun Tzu

Not voting 1 <-- Linehouse

Well, ah see y'all are nothin' but a buncha peacenik hippies not in the least bit interested in avengin' Bobby Ray. Ah guess we'll all just have to sleep with our guns under our pillows tonight, in case those no good Eyetalians decide to shoot any more of my farmhands.

Night Deadline: Tuesday, July 15, 12:00 AM EST

If y'all have any night choices you feel like makin', make sure you send them in before then.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #113 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Mirth »

As night falls on El Hacienda Nuestra Señora de la Virgen Santa Que Tiene Gust de Aparecer en Tostada del Desayuno, the worn out, smelly tourists head back to the bunk house after a long day of trying to learn how to ride and baking in the hot sun while the crazy proprietress mumbled to herself in some incomprehensible prattle and refused to serve them anything but bacon and baked beans for lunch or dinner. Exhausted, smelling of horse manure and sweat, and wishing the crazy cow lazy would share her potent hell brew (they assumed it was some sort of whiskey strong enough to be used as embalming fluid), most were just about ready to hit the hay (yes, literally hay...this crazy dude ranch did not have mattresses...just straw...), one of them, a rather oddly dressed and out of place fellow,
The Fonz
, suggested they try their own hand at vigilante justice by shooting each other. Whether his horrible taste in leather made him suicidal or he thought his helmet of hair gel would make him immune from flying bullets, he supposed the only way to avenge poor Bobby Ray's murder was to just have everybody shoot each other and hope the Italians would be too busy arguing mafia honor to respond fast enough. Why the rest of them thought this was a good idea, this humble narrator cannot say, but the greenhorns decided to pair off and give it a go, expecting, by some sort of miracle, to be able to hit something sizably harder than the broad side of a barn.

Starkmoon
and
ClockworkRuse
decided to go first, perhaps thinking if they got it over with and happened to miss, some merciful soul would come by and put them out of their misery.
Starkmoon
let loose with a fatal shot to
ClockworkRuse's
spleen from the rusty old Colt that Lulu Mae had lent her, while
ClockworkRuse
returned fire with his borrowed Glock, hitting her in the left nostril. Both, poor, misguided tourists, fell over dead.

Farside22
, who had always wanted to be Annie Oakley ever since she was a little boy, decided to go next, setting the sights of her Mauser rifle on
Crazy
, an 80's era Weird Al-look-a-like certainly living up to his name in more ways than one, while he trained his antique Browning pistol in her general direction. Of course
Farside22
couldn't hit an elephant even if it was standing right in front of her, 2 feet away from the muzzle of her gun, but luckily her ill-directed shot blew out the overhead light fixture and the falling shards of glass sunk their way deep into
Crazy's
oddly-shaped skull, ending his life prematurely, but not before he trained his tommy gun (why they even bothered giving him a tommy gun with one bullet, is beyond this humble story teller...something must have been not quiet right in those Texan minds...what a tommy gun was doing on a dude ranch is another issue entirely...I personally would just rather not know...) in
Farside22's
general direction and somehow managed to hit her in the jugular, squirting blood everywhere. Lulu Mae was definitely not up for the task of getting blood out of the kitschy drapes. Sadly, two more tourists were dead...the travel agency was not going to like this...

Light-kun
and
Iron Man
stepped up to the plate next, these boys a little too eager to play cowboy.
Iron Man
trained his bazooka in
Light-kun's
general direction and let the missile fly...so this is what those crazy Texans meant by "one bullet." Ducking out of the way to avoid the main blast but getting trapped under body-crashing rubble,
Light-kun
had just enough time to let a shot fly out from his authentically Amazonian blow gun, hitting
Iron Man
square in the buttocks with a deadly dart. Alas, more dead tourists.

With just six misguided city folk left,
The Fonz, Ashmite84,
and
Linehouse
turned to each other, each flashing the international Elks Lodge "help, help, I'm about to be shot by crazy Italians craving cannolis" sign. Before the mobsters had a chance to roll their dice or scry in a bowl of spaghetti, or however else Italian mobsters decide their hits, our three
intrepid
absolutely insane tourists came at them.
The Fonz
fired first, shooting his widow's companion at
Sun Tzu
. Since a direct hit did no damage what-so-ever,
The Fonz
pulled out a lighter and his back-up can of hairspray, and set the unsuspecting mobster on fire.
Sun Tzu
proceeded to run around flailing and screaming like a little girl until he eventually succumbed to death by smoke inhalation.
Linehouse
struck next, aiming his slingshot in
Somestraneflea's
general direction, and letting loose with a shot right to the groin. Stumbling around in pain,
Somestrangeflea
fell into the wheat thrasher and was heard of no more. Alas, it is a shame the mob hadn't thought of that one.
Ashmite84
, the last of the Elks, lifted his peashooter, and let it rip, sending
Tom
flying backwards into a large pile of cow manure (yes, this was in the barracks...). Sadly,
Tom
was deathly allergic to cows (why he agreed to stay on a dude ranch is beyond me...) and died instantly from anaphylactic shock. And that was that. The three mafiosos had been killed, and Bobby Ray had been avenged, but at what cost?

Miz Mirth says: "Well ah hope y'all city folk are proud of yourselves, now Lulu Mae and ah got to clean up the whole ranch! Why couldn't y'all avenge Bobby Ray's murder like normal people and string the Eyetalians up to a tree? Y'all better be payin' for all the property damage y'all caused!"

The Dead

Starkmoon - One Shot Vig
ClockworkRuse - One Shot Vig
Farside22 - One Shot Vig
Crazy - One Shot Vig
Light-kun - One Shot Vig
Iron Man - One Shot Vig
Sun Tzu - Mafia Goon
Somestrangeflea - Mafia Goon
Tom - Mafia Goon

The Living

The Fonz - One Shot Vig
Ashmite84 - One Shot Vig
Linehouse - One Shot Vig[/b]
Last edited by Mirth on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Mirth »

Modnotes: -Thank you, Fonz, for breaking the game :P I shall be informing Thesp and the other Powers That Be that this set up needs work.
-The Mob did not send me a night kill
-How I randomized: I alphabetized y'all and numbered that list 1-12, and then I went into random.org and random ordered the numbers 1-12, setting 1,2,3 as scum. This is the setup it gave me.

Congratulations town. I am, however, a bit dissapointed nobody noticed my little rip on Cormac McCarthy's
All The Pretty Horses
and Walker Percy's
Lancelot
in the flavourtext.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #120 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Mirth »

somestrangeflea wrote:
Mirth wrote:-The Mob did not send me a night kill
My fellow mob members seemed to vanish, not that it mattered anyway...
Well, it actually might have. In case one of the townies assigned to kill one of you guys didn't send in a night kill. Fonz came within 12 hours of that actually. (I had everyone else's choices Thurs/Fri, so I wasn't sure if he was going to send me a choice. Then he did.)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #130 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Mirth »

Thestatusquo wrote:This is crazy. I've been watching this game, and I nominated Fonz for a scummy based off of it.

The only argument seems to be whether he should be nommed for best performance, town, or for prof. mafia.

Still:

O.O
I agree that he deserves a scummy, but neither of those categories seem to fit (though Prof. Mafia fits better than Best Perfomance Town). Maybe make some kind of custom one just for him?

Pokerface, you just missed replacing in by literally half an hour. Kinda wishing you PMed me first right now, so I wouldnt have felt compelled to cross-replace. (Sorry, Starkmoon). Not you would have really been able to play.

To fix this set uo: maybe one less vig and a mafia roleblocker?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”