Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

My theory was the opposite. If one scum (i.e. Kerset) had understood the rule, they'd have explained it to their partners, but clearly that didn't happen.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 100, Something_Smart wrote:My theory was the opposite. If one scum (i.e. Kerset) had understood the rule, they'd have explained it to their partners, but clearly that didn't happen.
It's still possible that a townie asked clarification to the mod mind you. I didn't though, my choice was pretty bad but I had no idea what the draft numbers meant, though we were playing another setup until it was posted in thread and everything.

Although what you posted makes me think: Scums would never pick a similar first number, so in theory, if scums aren't one step ahead, it's pretty clear that if we find one scum in a group, the other people that chose the same first number are 95% town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 am

...or it's possible that a townie just read the wiki page.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:56 am

Scum have intentionally collided in previous PYP games if memory serves me right.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:57 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 102, Something_Smart wrote:...or it's possible that a townie just read the wiki page.
The wiki page was completely empty when I first checked it. That's why I am saying all of this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:58 am

It took like two clicks to find the page that the mod intended to link to. And I think he put the right link up before the draft number deadline, though I might be wrong there.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 104, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 102, Something_Smart wrote:...or it's possible that a townie just read the wiki page.
The wiki page was completely empty when I first checked it. That's why I am saying all of this.
It was just missing a close parenthesis in the link. Easily fixed.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:00 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 106, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 104, nomnomnom wrote:
It was just missing a close parenthesis in the link. Easily fixed.
I guess I'm the idiot in the story then :lol:

Although I'm not the only one that made that mistake. Hm...
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 107, nomnomnom wrote:Although I'm not the only one that made that mistake. Hm...
What mistake? Not choosing 1 for the second number?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:05 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 108, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 107, nomnomnom wrote:Although I'm not the only one that made that mistake. Hm...
What mistake? Not choosing 1 for the second number?
No, I meant the whole wiki page thing. I probably should have asked the mod for clarification about the draft numbers.
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Xayah »

This is legit the most useless conversation in the history of mafia. You're not gonna get anything from this wifom guessing game and set up spec. You know what we should do? Play the game of mafia! Let's start with voting an obvious scum Here let me start
VOTE: Something_Smart
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I can get behind this.
VOTE: S_S
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18 am

Nice to see you again Maria.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Why is Something_Smart obvious scum (The fact that I have to ask that question means it likely isn't obvious, so let's just go with "Why is Something_Smart scum")?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Oh, I should have quoted that post.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:22 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 80, Kerset wrote:
In post 79, Something_Smart wrote:We had every number less than 12 except for 2 and 7. I don't think that's significant.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... /Y#History
It is rare looking at previous games. Among 15 games: 567, 518 and 732were close to it by missing one number. One game 649 got this perfectly as our game and had scum there.
I'd be more on board with this logic if there were more than one game where this instance happened. The problem I have with this is that you're assuming that is the the "obvious" thing that scum would do when picking draft numbers when we only have one game where the pattern was valid.
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Xayah »

In post 113, Sujimichi wrote:Why is Something_Smart obvious scum (The fact that I have to ask that question means it likely isn't obvious, so let's just go with "Why is Something_Smart scum")?
Because S_S doesn't like scum and is honestly not the best at it. Sure, he's decent but he's no god. The thing S_S is gonna do here is instantly go into mech talk because mech talk is the most simple thing you can do to try and appear busy when really you're not. It's not helping and something I can see scum him going for right away. He's made one townread for 'a stupid reason' but that's it and doesn't go into more detail. Really, we should drop this and force people to play. Anyone regardless of your alignment or how bad you are can talk mech. Not everyone can be decent at mafia. Let's force people to play the game
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Kerset »

My main reason is still in #78, there i just wanted to proof that this set of numbers is not common.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:31 am

You know I would open the game talking about mechanics no matter my alignment.

I have nothing against talking about non-mechanics, but it's page 5. It'd be unreasonable to expect anyone to have serious reads.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 116, Xayah wrote:
In post 113, Sujimichi wrote:Why is Something_Smart obvious scum (The fact that I have to ask that question means it likely isn't obvious, so let's just go with "Why is Something_Smart scum")?
Because S_S doesn't like scum and is honestly not the best at it. Sure, he's decent but he's no god. The thing S_S is gonna do here is instantly go into mech talk because mech talk is the most simple thing you can do to try and appear busy when really you're not. It's not helping and something I can see scum him going for right away. He's made one townread for 'a stupid reason' but that's it and doesn't go into more detail. Really, we should drop this and force people to play. Anyone regardless of your alignment or how bad you are can talk mech. Not everyone can be decent at mafia. Let's force people to play the game
Perhaps he simply likes to talks mechanics and uses that as a way to get the game moving. Is mechanical discussion something he is unlikely to be involved in with a town alignment, especially in the early stages of the game?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Sujimichi »

As my question appears to have been answered already, do you disagree with Something_Smart's assertion, Xayah?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Kerset »

Do want to talk about Governor then? For me you want to scare him away from his thoughts without offering anything superior.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:38 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Is setup spec not a part of the game to you? I supposed I could meta SS and see if this is something he normally does but I don't think setup spec is AI.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:39 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 111, nomnomnom wrote:I can get behind this.
VOTE: nom

Don't like this sheep vote.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:50 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 123, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 111, nomnomnom wrote:I can get behind this.
VOTE: nom

Don't like this sheep vote.
I'd like to put pressure on something_smart. What's wrong with that?

Return to “Completed Open Games”