Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 144, Luca Blight wrote:Glancing through the thread I don’t feel great about Skitter either. I think frost is Town atm. Flubber seems Town as well. Null on everyone else atm.
I am suprised that someone as active as skitter skipped 144.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 273, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 270, AaronFrost wrote:Huh I actually kinda like this response.
Eh, it's all projecting. I don't think projecting is that towny as it's super easy to fake as scum.
Who was projecting there nomnomnom or aaron?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Noms was. "S_S was scummy because he did something I do as scum."
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I have a slight scumread on Billy. Glancing through his iso he appears at first glance as being somewhat proactive and is putting his vote where his mouth is, but when you dig a little deeper his pushes have been for really easy, obvious things, and has been over explaining things a bit to pad out his posts.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I maintain my slight scumread on Suj as well. I feel like he’s playing mediator and at times devil’s advocate, without really getting his hands dirty.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In terms of townreads I’m struggling atm. Frost is still my biggest Tr but it’s just a feeling I’m getting more than anything. I liked how Flubs started the game and hopefully he will continue to stay involved this game so I can read him better. Skitter is now a slight town read, similar to what Nom said - she feels different this game. That’s also a reason why I SR Nom, however - I could easily TR her from the start in the last game but it’s not happening so far. I have an inkling Fetchd might be Town, but again it isn’t based on a great deal. Maybe his stubbornness is making me feel he’s Town, I’m not sure.
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Xayah »

In post 119, Sujimichi wrote:Perhaps he simply likes to talks mechanics and uses that as a way to get the game moving. Is mechanical discussion something he is unlikely to be involved in with a town alignment, especially in the early stages of the game?
No, he just said he would talk about it as either ali and while I do believe that the extent of it I don’t think he really would. I think mech talk is anti town but anti town doesn’t make someone scum. It doesn’t really help the game state along.
In post 121, Kerset wrote:Do want to talk about Governor then? For me you want to scare him away from his thoughts without offering anything superior.
How do you get this at all? No one is going to get ‘scared away’ from talking about something from a vote. That’s not how people work. If he likes mechs he’ll still talk about it. I just said Mech talk is anti town and you’re asking me to talk about the gov fruit. Obviously my answer is no. What I am ‘offering’ is a vote on why someone is scum. That’s much better than this ‘mech talk’ you wanna go into.
In post 122, AaronFrost wrote:Is setup spec not a part of the game to you? I supposed I could meta SS and see if this is something he normally does but I don't think setup spec is AI.
In basically an open setup? No. Regardless of the answer we reach early game this won’t help us find mafia. Anyone can have any role. Set up spec is basically pointless. What you can talk about is actions etc. But that hasn’t even happened yet. It’s wifom and pointless to go on ‘oh x should claim’ ‘oh did mafia do picks this way’ etc etc.

143-145 through Luca give me townpings because I like the flow of the posting. Feels normal, not like scum just tossing out reads.

Sirfetch vs Luca dick contest is TvT

In post 218, skitter30 wrote:i am caught up!

VOTE: billy

this weekend is going to be kinda crazy, and i have weekend vla ... so not sure when i'll be here next, hopefully saturday night
Very weird vote. Not a bad vote, but a weird vote for sure
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Xayah »

In post 258, Kerset wrote:I don't like this VC. It seems that we are clueless.
It’s….250 posts do you want a wagon of 6 votes? This is great a lot of people have different opinions. We have 8 days left to come to an answer. This is an awful viewpoint that doesn’t feel real mostly because of how bad and ‘clueless’ it is. It feels like playing stupid.

Aaron is becoming a scumread the more he posts. It just feels like a bunch of useless questions that aren’t really getting anywhere. Just trying to seem like he’s doing something. (See 270-272 along with his question to me)

Why is S_S obvious scum to some of you people? I overblew the read a little bit just so you guys would get off the awful mech talk. So seeing ‘obvious’ is strange. I do like nomnoms answer but the others are hmmm

Regardless for now VOTE: Aaron

Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

Yeah I'm not getting the SS scum vibes either.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by Wooper »

who's plugging SS scum?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:06 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m also confused as to who is hard scumreading SS? Unless I’m missing something, the only one to call SS ‘obvious scum’ was Xayah herself.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:13 am

Post by Wooper »

If anyone who knows SS is calling him scum lynch them lol
otherwise carry on
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:54 am

Post by TheWizard »

skitter30 (2):
Billy Pilgrim, AaronFrost
AaronFrost (2):
Kerset, Xayah
nomnomnom (1):
Luca Blight
Sirfetchd (1):
wooper
Luca Blight (1):
Sirfetchd
Billy Pilgrim (1):
skitter30
Flubbernugget (1):
nomnomnom

Not Voting (5):
Something_Smart, Flubbernugget, rb, PMysterious, Sujimichi

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-03 00:30:00)
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 306, Xayah wrote:[
How do you get this at all? No one is going to get ‘scared away’ from talking about something from a vote. That’s not how people work. (...) What I am ‘offering’ is a vote on why someone is scum.
Sure why would he stop doing this. You only called him a potential scum. No one would bother to avoid scummy behavior in this game.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 110, Xayah wrote: Let's start with voting an obvious scum Here let me start
VOTE: Something_Smart
In post 307, Xayah wrote:
Why is S_S obvious scum to some of you people? I overblew the read a little bit just so you guys would get off the awful mech talk. So seeing ‘obvious’ is strange. I do like nomnoms answer but the others are hmmm

LOL? She did indeed.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Wooper »

UNVOTE:
I'll sheep Sirf or Kerset for the moment
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:54 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 307, Xayah wrote:
In post 258, Kerset wrote:I don't like this VC. It seems that we are clueless.
It’s….250 posts do you want a wagon of 6 votes? This is great a lot of people have different opinions. We have 8 days left to come to an answer. This is an awful viewpoint that doesn’t feel real mostly because of how bad and ‘clueless’ it is. It feels like playing stupid.

Aaron is becoming a scumread the more he posts. It just feels like a bunch of useless questions that aren’t really getting anywhere. Just trying to seem like he’s doing something. (See 270-272 along with his question to me)

I'm very confused by this post. You were the only one saying that SS was 'obvscum' and only you and nom placed your votes there. Then you place your vote on someone who didn't really participate in the setup spec.

We were starting to move away from it at that point so there wasn't much need to purposefully exaggerate that 'a little bit' (calling someone obvscum on page 5 is exaggerating way more than just 'a little bit' by the way).
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:21 am

Post by AaronFrost »

So far Luca feels pretty townie. His posts are consistent with what I'd expect his towngame to be.
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Xayah »

In post 313, Kerset wrote:
In post 306, Xayah wrote:[
How do you get this at all? No one is going to get ‘scared away’ from talking about something from a vote. That’s not how people work. (...) What I am ‘offering’ is a vote on why someone is scum.
Sure why would he stop doing this. You only called him a potential scum. No one would bother to avoid scummy behavior in this game.
So you agree with me that your question/response to me was basically pointless? Well, that was easier than I expected.

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 299, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 298, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Ok catching up from my absence.
@nom - in 89, what part of the setup spec was flying over your head?
not really the setup, more like the numbers discussion I'd say.
I don't buy this. Your 99 was more than competent. I dont know that I see a scum motivation for you claiming incompetence when you clearly had it, but if something starts to feel off, I'm going to revisit this.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:55 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 319, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
I don't buy this. Your 99 was more than competent. I dont know that I see a scum motivation for you claiming incompetence when you clearly had it, but if something starts to feel off, I'm going to revisit this.
my what
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Sorry about the absence. Work stuff. I should be pretty much around now.

Suji seems weirdly protective of S_S. Initially in response to Xayah's questioning for the setup spec thinking 119, then later when I also have concerns about S_S's setup spec (thinking about 169 here).

@Luca, how do you feel about S_S? You didnt mention him in your early reads post.

I dont know what to make of the Luca/Fetched thing.

@Skitt - where did I vote Suji? You made that accusation twice, but I dont think its true.

@Aaron - in Haunted, the setup spec was almost entirely led by scum. The primary contributors from my memory were Vork and NaCl. The people that were trying to end it were all town.

@S_S - while I see what you're saying about Vork being an outlier, I'm going to trust my own experience over your self-report. Also, given your skepticism to RVS, this definitely feels like a way you could have carved out for yourself to come into the game.

@Suji - I dont understand the point of your interaction with Skitt over RVS starting at post 220. Are you scumreading her for projection? It's coming off as strangely defensive to me.

VOTE: Suji
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 320, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 319, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
my what
Your post 99.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:57 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Oh you mean post 99. That comes after me stating that the discussion flies over my head to try and get on board with the discussion. What's strange about that?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 214, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 168, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Vork literally did this in Haunted Village. You were in that game. I know you replaced in after all the early setup spec, but yeah, it happened.
Okay, when I ask the question "is that a thing people do?" I should start appending "other than Vork." Dude plays like he's from another planet, especially as scum. He lives off of dumbtelling and derpclearing himself.

It's not a normal thing. Setup spec is not how you deepwolf, least of all me, who has no deepwolf mode to begin with. I, like most people, setup spec because I find it important to talk about the setup, and I've clearly thought harder about it than most people given that 12/14 players didn't pick 1 as their second number.
I was honestly confused why you acted like 1 was such an obvious second number choice, then I re-read the setup and realized that I'm an idiot. I don't know why I thought this, but I assumed that a tie in the second numbers would have that tie broken after the unpicked tie breaker numbers. I now know that I'm a moron and apparently I dont read well. I feel better though because apparently alot of people made that mistake.

Return to “Completed Open Games”