Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 348, rb wrote:i'm gonna call it NAI because that seems most accurate but yeah that's my feeling as well
i think this is appropriate

but as previously suggested anyone who knows+is scumreading SS needs to be checked

idk if there's anyone in this category these posts have been max effort for me rn
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by rb »

vote kerset with me no.7 fan
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by rb »

@Luca: what previous experience do you have with Aaron that justifies him both having reasonable expectations of your typical towngame, and also, do you think that his confidence you're town is justified by your performance in this game based on that previous experience?
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Wooper »

hhhmmmmm
you know me, i'm always down for a party

VOTE: kerset
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 328, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Aaron, the above was in response to your 187.
Oh right not sure why I thought it was in response to that. Point still stands.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by rb »

aaron, opinions on kerset pls
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 352, rb wrote:@Luca: what previous experience do you have with Aaron that justifies him both having reasonable expectations of your typical towngame, and also, do you think that his confidence you're town is justified by your performance in this game based on that previous experience?
Two games previous, one where I was scum and he was town, and one where I was town and he was scum.

Kerset could be scum. They parked their vote on me pretty early for weak reasoning and posts have been mostly fluff other than early game setup spec.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 345, rb wrote:you know, i think kerset is pretty likely to be scum here

because it's like a soft accusation that i'm scum, but never actually says it. it's like, "haha oh yeah sure, you "forgot" - the natural follow-up would be to then say why they think i'm lying? or think i'm scum?

also: their only focus on all the content i've provided so far is not any of the opinions i've had about the game, but literally just the post in which i said, "i'm backreading"

this doesn't scan to me as town, whether new player or not.

The natural follow up for you would be to either admit that you lurk or disagree arnd claim that you lack of time or really forgot about this game. If you throw away all of your reads just to counter attack, then I am satisfied with my RT.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 341, Sirfetchd wrote:
Vote: Aaron

They followed my mini 1v1 with a townread on me, potential soft buddy to avoid stirring me as an unknown quantity which is enough to jump on a wagon.
If I was scum trying to buddy you then why would I be townreading the person you're 1v1ing?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by rb »

In post 357, Kerset wrote:
In post 345, rb wrote:you know, i think kerset is pretty likely to be scum here

because it's like a soft accusation that i'm scum, but never actually says it. it's like, "haha oh yeah sure, you "forgot" - the natural follow-up would be to then say why they think i'm lying? or think i'm scum?

also: their only focus on all the content i've provided so far is not any of the opinions i've had about the game, but literally just the post in which i said, "i'm backreading"

this doesn't scan to me as town, whether new player or not.

The natural follow up for you would be to either admit that you lurk or disagree arnd claim that you lack of time or really forgot about this game. If you throw away all of your reads just to counter attack, then I am satisfied with my RT.
i don't feel any need to defend myself. the fact that you focus solely on the first part of my content where i simply say i'm backreading the game that took 4 days to finally open, which i forgot about in that time is much more relevant to me than any concern for your accusation.

you know why? because you didn't even attach a vote or even apply a scumread. you just said, "sure, you forgot" and left it at that

and now the only content you're providing is to _defend yourself_ where previously all you did was talk mechanics, and complain about the state of the town's game - with no effort to improve the state of the town.

you're more concerned about how you appear than in solving the game, it's obvious.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by rb »

In post 356, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 352, rb wrote:@Luca: what previous experience do you have with Aaron that justifies him both having reasonable expectations of your typical towngame, and also, do you think that his confidence you're town is justified by your performance in this game based on that previous experience?
Two games previous, one where I was scum and he was town, and one where I was town and he was scum.

Kerset could be scum. They parked their vote on me pretty early for weak reasoning and posts have been mostly fluff other than early game setup spec.
are you really that confident in a townread on someone based on a sample size of one town game?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by rb »

moreover, wouldn't you expect that Luca would probably go out of their way to appear reminiscent of their towngame to someone with a limited sample size to go off?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by rb »

In post 356, AaronFrost wrote:

forgot to say: vote kerset with me then? =]
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 360, rb wrote:are you really that confident in a townread on someone based on a sample size of one town game?
I mean I'm obviously not 100% confident in it and it's mostly an early game gut read.
rb wrote:moreover, wouldn't you expect that Luca would probably go out of their way to appear reminiscent of their towngame to someone with a limited sample size to go off?
Yeah of course that possibility has crossed my mind.
rb wrote:forgot to say: vote kerset with me then? =]
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

Whoops accidentally hit send to early.

Meant to VOTE: Kerset
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by rb »

:D
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm going to catch up tom
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

When Frost was scum in a previous game he was very guarded and held back. This game resembles more his Town game - getting stuck in and having more fun. I still think he’s Town.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 339, rb wrote:I think Luca is entirely wrong about most of their reads

i am bothered
Obviously we disagree about Frost, but could you elaborate on the others?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 359, rb wrote:
i don't feel any need to defend myself. the fact that you focus solely on the first part of my content where i simply say i'm backreading the game that took 4 days to finally open, which i forgot about in that time is much more relevant to me than any concern for your accusation.

you know why? because you didn't even attach a vote or even apply a scumread. you just said, "sure, you forgot" and left it at that

and now the only content you're providing is to _defend yourself_ where previously all you did was talk mechanics, and complain about the state of the town's game - with no effort to improve the state of the town.
Why did you assume that i disagree with anything else? You state that i provide no content. Were would you read that there was anything else that was bothering me?
Even if you somehow guessed that i disliked one of your opinions, why would i comment a statement, which is one sentence long? It was obvious that you only glanced on topic so far, because you gave no arguments to discuss about.

I won't vote people every single time i ask them a question.
In post 359, rb wrote: you're more concerned about how you appear than in solving the game, it's obvious.
You beg Aaron and wooper to backup you with votes - you are the one concerned about your appearance. For what other reason would you need votes on me right now? Especially the one, which came out of sympathy. I am not on L-2, so all you can get here is good look.

VOTE: rb
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m not getting many Town vibes from rb’s opening to be honest. Being casual but in a manner that looks a bit forced. The ‘sex numbers’ thing looks contrived to show he hadn’t conferred with anyone about it/thought too much about it. I can see why someone might scumread Frost here, but his push seems a bit rushed. His Kerset push is Ok, though. I could see that slot being scum, but i don’t want to lose sight of Nom when she has done nothing yet to make me reconsider my read.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Frost, are you still sr’ing Skitter?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:15 pm

Post by rb »

In post 369, Kerset wrote:
In post 359, rb wrote:

Why did you assume that i disagree with anything else? You state that i provide no content. Were would you read that there was anything else that was bothering me?
Even if you somehow guessed that i disliked one of your opinions, why would i comment a statement, which is one sentence long? It was obvious that you only glanced on topic so far, because you gave no arguments to discuss about.

I won't vote people every single time i ask them a question.
In post 359, rb wrote:
you're more concerned about how you appear than in solving the game, it's obvious.
You beg Aaron and wooper to backup you with votes - you are the one concerned about your appearance. For what other reason would you need votes on me right now? Especially the one, which came out of sympathy. I am not on L-2, so all you can get here is good look.

VOTE: rb
2 things

1. if you don't comment on anything i say other than one thing, you don't get to complain that i call you out for that. if you have ideas about what was said, you should be providing them. are you saying that you agree with my content? here again, you are neither confirming nor denying a position, you are playing totally non-committal and afraid of placing much of an opinion on anything. but not only that, when you're pushed all you actually do is just end up OMGUSing instead of providing any content

2. why would i want votes on you? because i think you're scum. more votes on slots that i think are scum is a good thing. the thing is, i agreed with you earlier and i think you were right when you said that by vote counts the town looks clueless. but unlike you i'm aiming to fix that. we now have a clear direction in the game that puts us closer to solving it. we now have a stronger wagon than any wagon we've had before, and people are much more likely to provide content that we can try to judge their alignment by.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:15 pm

Post by rb »

@Luca: opinions on Kerset, since they're now the largest wagon in the game?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Post by rb »

@Aaron: how likely do you think it is that Luca is buddying you?

Return to “Completed Open Games”