Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 455, Something_Smart wrote:Sure thing!

VOTE: Something_Smart
meh this is townie, i think
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 498, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 495, skitter30 wrote:apparently nom isn't reading it that way
I think she meant she didn't think it was scummy, and if she did mean that, she'd be correct.
Yeah I think that about sums it up. You see malice and manipulation, but I don't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I don't think it's manipulative? Like he's not trying to trick Aaron into weakening his Luca townread. He's straight up trying to break down the read. It's not as though Aaron might change his read without realizing why he had changed it or that rb was trying to get him to change it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m starting to feel a bit better about Nom after her recent posts. I’m really torn about rb v Kerset, both of them seem dodgy for different reasons. I don’t see their interactions being s v s but I think t v s is quite likely. As I said before about Kerset, his opening post felt really townie when he voted Frost with early conviction, but since then there has been nothing good. Rb’s entrance felt contrived and I agree that he’s been manipulative. His push on Kerset has certainly been his best work and I can see his angle. I think I’m leaning slightly towards Kerset being the more likely scum, everything considered.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Kerset

On a side note, I’m feeling more wary of Flubs now he’s taken a backseat since he was suspected. Hopefully he can get himself more involved again.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I will now perform a magic trick.

Wooper wooper wooper
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

SIIIIIR-fetch'd!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Fetchd, has your read on Frost changed at all after his recent posts?

You’re calling for meaningful wagons, but are not making any meaningful contributions yourself.
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

Short answer: no

Long answer: I never really had a read on Aaron but it was null enough to do a bit of a vote, but true momentum moved since then, so I am actively looking for somewhere to shove my vote.

And yeah I'll pay that as true. But as I mentioned I'm in a bit of a not getting much from face value reading of the thread so that's why I am trying to fix it. :)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m still confused about your read progression on me. You went from being convinced I was scum to seemingly brushing your read under the carpet and forgetting about it. Do you still scumread me, or are you no longer voting me because there isn’t enough interest in my wagon?

And what happened to you Skitter SR?
Sirfetchd
Sirfetchd
Goon
Sirfetchd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Sirfetchd »

Still scum reading both of you. But willing to pursue other things. Real talk, I cbf doing the legwork to push for lynches atm, so I'd rather spur people to action than try and brute force day 1 on stuff that has mattered to me as opposed to others.

I really hate realists but you are refs top scum read and skitter is second. But that doesn't mean I need to force a Lynch on either of you today because 1. I could be wrong, and 2. There's another scum out there even if I'm right and I only have two reads I believe in, in any capacity.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by rb »

hot take: luca is scum and kerset and I are both town

or more collaboratively: suppose i was wrong about kerset, and we were both town. how would the rest of you feel about Luca's angle on our slots?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by rb »

oh hi fetched hi hi

wanna talk to me? i like that you scumread luca when he seems really townread because all the reasons he's been townread don't add up to me

i just finished a 10 hour shift and i feel too tired to analyse things but pls cliffnote your reasons for thinking Luca is scum?

also do you think it's likely skitter would be scum with luca?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by rb »

In post 404, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 374, rb wrote:@Aaron: how likely do you think it is that Luca is buddying you?
Why do you ask? Do you think that just because he's townreading me that means he buddying me? It's feels more like you're trying to buddy me right now which is weird given that one of the first things you did was join my wagon.
i voted the equal leading wagon i believed was most likely to flip scum upon entering the game

problem?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by rb »

In post 421, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 335, rb wrote:id be willing to lynch SS just for that, but i think you're a better lynch (=
In post 362, rb wrote:forgot to say: vote kerset with me then? =]
Yeah actually looking back I don't see how this is town motivated. How do we get from "Aaron is a good lynch right now" to "Aaron come vote Kerset with me?" It just feels disingenuous and like it's manipulating me into doing something that others might perceive as scummy.

VOTE: rb
why would others perceive you as scummy?

in fact, why so concerned about what others think of your alignment?

it's quite simple: i voted the wagon i believed most likely to flip scum, but then my kerset scumread outweighed this. as a result, i wanted to see if you'd vote my best scumread in the game

the real question is why you think it's weird that i would want more people to vote my strongest scumread

it's a thing i always am baffled by when people decide my play is 'scummy' because i like to have other people voting my best scumreads. your vote is the most important tool in the game, no?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by rb »

In post 377, Something_Smart wrote:Both rb and Kerset are arguing in super bad faith here which is really throwing me for a loop.
how is my argument in bad faith?

kerset talked mechanics, then did nothing but make vague complaints about town sucking, with zero effort to do anything about it, and is now just OMGUS voting me

does that seem like a town-aligned progression of play to you?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by rb »

In post 420, skitter30 wrote:i'll reread it later

i think rb is being manipulative / buddying-y tho and would prefer that for now since i really don't have thoughts on kerset
can you please outline how you can simultaneously insist that you have not paid much attention to our interaction, but also be so resistant to any idea from other slots that have apparently paid attention to it: that kerset is not scum and yet i am likely to be?

nomnom brings up similar points to what i did?

are they also scummy?

line of thinking does not compute
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 510, rb wrote:hot take: luca is scum and kerset and I are both town

or more collaboratively: suppose i was wrong about kerset, and we were both town. how would the rest of you feel about Luca's angle on our slots?
How about you state your points against me instead of attempting to elicit reasons from others?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by rb »

In post 442, skitter30 wrote:
In post 419, nomnomnom wrote:rb does feel verbose but I need to think about that.

I think Kerset's end of the interaction was very odd for sure. I'll even go ahead and VOTE: Kerset. That iso is textbook pessimistic scum having a very low vote/fos ratio. I think the key to decoding rb is actually residing in Kerset's wall.
ok

i reread:

a) rb is verbose, sure, but that's not what i'm particularly taking issue with, it's that his posts are manipulative and seemed designed to 1. get aaron to doubt his townread of luca 2. buddy aaron

b) this is why i found rb to be scummy

c) i still don't particularly have thoguhts on kerset. i read their convo a few times and it just kinda ~is~
if you read my posts you'll see that i think luca is also a scumread of mine

So i questioned why aaron townreads him, because aaron said he has prior experience. that means i have two thoughts: how much experience, how relevant it is, and whether or not aaron realises that scum!luca would be aware of this and is likely to play in a way that would get a townread from aaron

these are the things i would expect town!aaron to consider, so when i ask aaron to outline these things, what im searching for is not to make aaron doubt his read: but for information that shows me that aaron himself is going through these processes.

questioning aaron's read is about me finding out aaron's alignment, not about me 'throwing shade' at luca

i have only one vote however, and it makes no real sense for me to simultaneously split my pressure across two slots. i can't realistically push for a kerset wagon as well as a luca wagon - but that doesn't mean i won't try to find out other people's alignments in the process
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by rb »

In post 516, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 510, rb wrote:hot take: luca is scum and kerset and I are both town

How about you state your points against me instead of attempting to elicit reasons from others?
i think your play lacks direction, despite knowing that you're usually a capable and matter of fact player as town who states what they think and pushes in the direction they believe will hit scum.

it's possible that i'm overestimating your townplay, or that you just aren't really pinging heavily on a scumread yet and so aren't the town player i'm used to. nothing you've said really pings me as you being either alignment, which is why i said earlier "i hope Luca's scum because then this game would make a lot more sense"

it also confused me to see you, a player who's relatively familiar with my game to be ambivalent about my entrance. it's like you don't want to acknowledge anything about my play either way, which is not the kind of player i'm used to. all that said, there's feasible reasons you might not be playing the same way i remember your town game, and kerset is like a beacon of obvscum
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by rb »

@Mod can we get a vote-count?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by rb »

all that said: i like that you still bring attention to flubber's play. it's something i noticed when i first started reading that i was curious about.

if you think flubber is more likely to flip scum than kerset, then i think you should vote and pressure there. i don't believe that it makes sense to have a binary choice of me/kerset. i don't want the game to revolve around me, but i've made my case for kerset. Wooper+nomnomnom are on board not just with the idea that kerset is scum, but also that i'm town.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by rb »

In post 502, Something_Smart wrote:I don't think it's manipulative? Like he's not trying to trick Aaron into weakening his Luca townread. He's straight up trying to break down the read. It's not as though Aaron might change his read without realizing why he had changed it or that rb was trying to get him to change it.
how does outright asking Aaron to clarify the reasons for their townread of Luca equate to manipulative?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by rb »

i think it's funny that kerset complains about the town lacking direction and then votes the player giving it the most direction that it's had all game, purely because the direction is towards them

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 504, nomnomnom wrote:I will now perform a magic trick.

Wooper wooper wooper
In post 505, Sirfetchd wrote:SIIIIIR-fetch'd!
:lol:

summoning rituals are p dubious when I'm at work dear noms
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Rb, I’m not sure if you’re confusing me with someone else but I can only remember playing with you once before (where you were scum) and that was ages ago.

I feel like my play has had more direction that most so far this game. The fact of the matter is I’m really struggling for townreads and have a lot of minor scumreads, which explains why I’m not pushing heavily in any one direction as I’m still in the sorting stage. I don’t think today’s Lynch necessarily has to be you or Kerset, I just wanted to put my vote someone where is would be useful for the time being at least.

Regarding Flubs, once again he isn’t a massive scumread, hence why I’m not voting him. I liked his start and want him to remain involved in the game so I can read him better.

Return to “Completed Open Games”