Identity Reboot [post-Round 10]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Something_Smart »

/in stranger
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #416 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:37 am

In post 409, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
N, Something_Smart: What were your contributions to Meowgic?
Ironically, as the only non-game design major on my team I did most of the actual designing of the game.

It was for a game jam I did with a few of my friends a couple years ago. There were four of us; two people focused primarily on assets-- sounds, animations, etc, while one other person and I wrote most of the code. The premise of the game was that you were lost in a magic kingdom and had to find your way home (the theme was "what home means to me") and throughout the journey you had to duel different characters for different reasons (it was pretty short because game jam, there were I think 5 or 6 fights overall). I came up with the majority of the spells and balanced (or at least, attempted to balance) most of the fights. As it turns out designing good levels is really tricky, so a couple of the fights were way too hard, but overall I was pretty proud of how it came out, especially since I'd literally never worked with Unity before.

Unfortunately I can't claim credit for the name, one of my friends came up with it while we were brainstorming :lol:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #427 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 am

Oops sorry :oops:
In post 425, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Something_Smart, where were you traveling to and from when your car died?
My family has a place in the Adirondacks that we visit sometimes in the summer ("cottage" is a very strong word, I prefer "rundown and probably haunted former hotel"). Normally we drive up there together but for whatever reason my mother had to stay back and come later, so I had to drive up and bring my brother and sister (meeting my aunt and uncle who were already there). My car at the time (this was a few years ago, the summer after my freshman year) had been a gift from a family friend who got a new car and gave me her old one, so it wasn't in excellent condition although it wasn't super beat-up or anything, but I also wasn't an experienced driver nor was I that experienced with the car itself. Anyway, the drive went fine until we were about five or ten minutes away at which point it started to make a bit of a weird sound, but I brushed it off as nothing. At that point I probably should have checked the engine temperature but it didn't even occur to me. Anyway when we came up to the driveway I went to turn to pull in and it just didn't want to turn, and then it didn't want to move at all, and then it started smelling really bad, and by then I was acutely aware that something was very wrong. We ended up having to push it out of the road into the shoulder and then get it towed to the garage down the road. Turns out the head gasket was busted, and I still don't remember what that is, but it's bad. It wasn't worth fixing. We didn't have anything else to do with the car, so we just left it there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #619 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:58 am

In post 617, pablito wrote:This was in relation to a previous identity used.
Yeah mb, I submitted those identities a long time ago and had forgotten about it when I answered the other one lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #823 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:54 am

We had had him for a few days but we hadn't yet decided on a name for him. My sister (who was pretty young at the time) decided it was a good idea to try and give him a bath. Needless to say, this was not a good idea, and pretty soon after she ran downstairs crying and announcing "He clawed me!" Being the middle-school smartass I was, I immediately suggested that we should name him "Claude", and the rest was history.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”