Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #347 (isolation #0) » Thu May 30, 2019 10:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 346, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 345, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 344, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 1105, Alchemist21 wrote:
That’s Not All, Folks!
because the series keeps going?
Still the best one
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

Alisae, could you try to antinom suggestions without being so toxic?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

In the original games Bill isn't portrayed that way as much. The player's brief experience with him involves bill performing an ethically questionable experiment on himself for no apparent reason beyond Bill's curiosity.

It'd be great if you could give him a name that works off of a passing familiarity with the series rather than having played every game, read the manga, and watched the anime. I don't know how much FireRed and LeafGreen revise Bill's image but I doubt it's by enough to make this clear.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 379, Alisae wrote:That was actually the least toxic thing I said.
Like you could have said that in response to a different thing I said and maybe it would be toxic
but thats not toxic.
It was in response to your last two antinoms your most recent was a good bit gentler I'll grant.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Poke'dex is a good title, a reference that applies to every gen is widely accessible.

It's a little different from some of the other titles in that it's a single word nonliving noun, but that makes all the titles on the site as a whole more mismatching which I think is quirky in a good way.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

I like the mystery flavor title nom because something about schadd's posting style reminds me of the mystery flavor dumdum popsicles I had when I was kid. I don't know if I have to suffer from synesthesia to be making that kind of association.
I don't know how to feel about the semicolon stuff though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

antinom. Well-versed feels like a misfit title for a user who impresses me with how pithy he is
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 711, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 708, Bitmap wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80283

Dunnstral was my partner in the game above and our pair was T-T. However, everyone thought I was legitimately scummy and Dunnstral to be super towny so when everyone wanted to lynch me, everyone wanted to keep Dunnstral as a snowglobe because he town play was really good.

Sorry, I don't know if this is title worthy but it was a recurring joke in our game.
Who even is that?
I don't think this particular title is a great idea, but historically players with a strong presence in actual mafia games and a lighter or no presence in site ideas, mafia discussion, general discussion, and speakeasy subforums have been honored with titles before because mafia is what this site is about. nureins was the "old" TTTT at one point and time but had zero posts outside of the queues and mafia games and got a cool title
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not outright antinomming. I'm biased because I used the word in the game. I have little idea to what extent the title would/wouldn't suit him in other ways.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nth revolting busboy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I really enjoy titles that can become accessible just from reading a random ~100 posts from the user.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

We let hundreds of users have titles that say "Mafia scum"!

But you're right, that's a valid qualm.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 970, Pine wrote:I will re-issue
Busboy Revolutionary
as the most balanced of all suggested options.
nth
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nth, with dropping the "the" preferred
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

nth second second coming
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1074, Aristophanes wrote:Okay so my actual problem with "Deep Wolf" as a title is that is is a broad mafia term and it could be applied tk so many people in so many games. He did a great job, yes. He was not caught, yes. But is he the pinnacle of deepwolf play on MS? No.

Its like titling someone "obvtown". That would be a bad title. Literally the same logic applies.

I'm not saying we shouldn't title him, just not this.
*cough* "obvtown" is basically what these people titled creature *cough*
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think deepwolf is o.k.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1119, the worst wrote:
In post 1111, Pine wrote:Nominate
RadiantCowbells
for a return to
Smooth Criminal

Nominate
Dannflor
for
DannWolf

Nominate
PenguinPower
for
GIFsmith
nth rc, pp
I just realize I tend to post in here only when I can post entirely using the mouse.

This realization made this post I am typing lose that characteristic though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

I support the switch back because I don't think monthly event titles are real titles the way I don't think the Link CD games count as real Zelda games. I prefer when titles develop more organically than that. Which is the original spirit of the "don't ask for a title" rule that you're referencing, as it happens.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The majority of permanent titles are given out in the monthly events now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

Wikipedia seems to say that the Manchineel is not a conifer
I will die on this hill
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

wouldn't the obvious PP pun be
.P EN G
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

nom PenguinPower for
.P EN G

capitalization at his preference
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

You could go "dot peng" but .peng with some form of capitalization seems better.
I'm not familiar enough with Kison's posting to know whether there's too much adjacency or not but I think it's a valid thing to want to factor in
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm glad at least 1 person understood the phonetics pun I was going for. That said, dropping the spaces mimics a file extension more closely so that's good too.

I think most people would rather celebrate PP's image posting rather than his abuse of mod discretion in his title. Not sure if you can do both. emperor.peng? seems meh.
There's also, I feel like -all- our mods celebrate arbitrary and capricious behavior and abuse of mod discretion. It is truly beautiful. I think it is less unique to PP than the way he prefers to communicate using images.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

.peng isn't a phonetic pun, though .P En G is. So maybe you'd like to express a preference there.
The other part is probably agree-to-disagree territory.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

No the overwhelming majority is indeed gifs. You must be thinking of a different user.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

I can tell you with absolute certainty that every .peng image PenguinPower has ever posted to mafiascum.net has been animated.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

wolf pup is good
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

nom Pine's antinom
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

No I actually meant "I support Pine's post", not "nom the title Pine was talking about".
It's probably a bad sign if multiple people don't find a title exciting.
I thought it was a cool title idea but I think the people antinomming know Dannflor better than I do and definitely value their input.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like Dannflor's scum game mimicks some elements to how someone might approach playing their very first scumgame, without Dann's scumgame being a weak scumgame at all. So I didn't mind that aspect of the title in terms of how well it fits but I think I'm being a little oblivious about how new users are going to view titles, they may not know right away that we don't use titles to shame people, so I think Ank is making a good point.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't understand how deepwolf is not ok but a four word title containing deepwolf is ok and in the event they're both ok I think the simpler title is better?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

I only just now realized the direct object pronoun is "em" not "er" and apologize for many past posts I've made.

I think Sheep in Deepwolf's Clothing, Deepwolf, The Deepwolf, Deepwolf?, Sheep in Deepwolf's Clothing?, all meet the minimum quality for something to be nthed.
I like the idea of omitting the apostrophe s from the first one.

I don't think "Is this a deepwolf?" is good if only because that particular meme doesn't fit Dann very well imo, if you told me Dann posted a template meme today guess which one it was I wouldn't guess that one. Others might know him better though.

My bothsiderism only relates to the title I kinda feel like Enter is being a little nasty here in the way things are being discussed.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Please more nice more friendly
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I still prefer the one word version but arguments from mastina and Jingle were persuasive enough I have changed my stance to an nth on the meme version.

See sometimes people can change their minds.
And it is mostly from people presenting their opinion for the first time.
Not from restatements.

pedit
I am ninja'ed
I nth Schrodinger's Deepwolf over all other versions
Because it has a cuddliness reference, a deepwolf reference, and an uncertainty reference, and those are like all the things I want out of the title.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

mastina specified that she was only banning people who made bad posts after she gave out a warning. Pine had no posts after her warning. Taking mastina's words at face value, the"ignorant of context" comment is a secondary reason for the ban or perhaps not part of it at all.
It's pretty reasonable if she wants to treat those things differently.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Aristophanes you can be my friend even if I don't like how you claim scum PT access as town.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1403, Firebringer wrote:Pls report RadiantCowbells for being a PIRATE

how is being a pirate okay? Its not. Ban all pirates from the forums. This public service announcement has been brought to you by Geico. Save 20% on your car insurance by switching to geico. Save another 10% if you are a wizard.
I'm surprised Halloween avvies didn't give someone a title somehow.
Like nsg for Sorting Hat for reads plus making people wizards?
Or one of the recipients getting a pretty good fit that also combo'd with something else.
Feels like a missed title maybe.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1425 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It was supposed to be an example of a title that is dece
Dece+ exceeds expectations
Pun purely accidental I was about to say next, I think the bar is inherently higher for users who already have titles on top of that, unless they somehow get outdated in a really bad way.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1426 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1422, Enter wrote:actually you're right i don't know why i said what i did

i got excited because i saw all of the words in the sentence and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy

but i actually don't like the title at all in retrospect and regret everything i'm gonna go back in my hole
It seems like you feel bad for liking the title.
Which makes me feel bad for mentioning it.
I don't think that's a healthy constructive atmosphere though.
I want to feel good suggesting it.
I want RC to feel good shooting it down.
That's a healthy atmosphere.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1427 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Wait shit am I demanding respect
My previous post should not be construed as demanding respect
No representation is made that my Puzzle and Dragons advice is of better quality than the Puzzle and Dragons advice of other popsofctowns
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I just wanted to illustrate how pirates and wizards intersect popular culture so heavily that you can so quickly come up with halfway decent titles, so one would speculate given more time worthwhile titles, and therefore it was a little surprising Halloween didn't happen to make any.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I hope I don't have many enemies :( As far as I know I have only been blacklisted by Shoshin.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No you have more enemies than I think you should on this site and I want to be your bestie
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1459 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

I've only played 2 FF games with Green Mages but of the ones I've played the debuff abilities more more of the focus than the buff abilities which damages the townsided implication you were going with it.
"Blind" and "Sleep" work well enough for the idea of still being greensided but Green Mages can poison enemies which is pretty offensive and kinda red role PMy.
I really like the thinking behind the suggestion though. If the megapopular MMO FF that I haven't played makes Green Mages more strictly positive than the less popular titles I played I think it's good enough.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I stand corrected I could have sworn Green Mages had poison. (Yes it is trickier to remember what spells come from where in games with multiclassing)
I like the title.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1463, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1457, Volpe14 wrote:I'm mostly doing the next one for funsies because of the whole coincidence of it:

NSG as
Green Mage

I thought about it mostly because town is her favorite/best perfomance alignment, she has that wizard-y/knowledgeable feeling, she apparently likes hats and the mage part because sometimes her presence/contributions to town feels like magic (the whole paragon stuff I guess) . I was just mulling over central ideas to begin to expand upon, because I thought "Green Mage" was too simple and uninspired/without a gimmick to it like most good titles have. At the same time that I had no idea what Green Mage could possibly relate to by itself.

Therefore I went to google to do a bit exploring and I ended up discovering that Green Mages is actually a Final Fantasy mage class, and the idea behind it is a more independent mage that can fight on its own (NSG strong individual reads) and their magic is positively influencing their allies (like NSG usually does be it for independent correct reads or by engaging townies in their reads and helping them figure things out) while weakening their enemies (which she does mostly by keeping town cohesion when active in the thread). Green Mages are also always female.

I think Sorting Hat is a more fun title for NSG if it comes to that but I thought I wanted to share this fun coincidence because I never thought about Green Mage as a title for real, mostly a idea to try to work with. But I still think it's probably not a charming title at all even with the lore? I'm not good with this stuff, sorry.
Wdym Green Mages are always female
Is that just there have only been female Green Mage characters or is that a hard rule in FF lore
It only appears in FFTA2, and only the Viera race can be green mages in that game, and in the game it appears that all Viera are female. It's not a set of specific viera that are the only ones ever becoming Green Mages, in that game you recruit "new generic viera, we named her Sally at random, which job do you want to teach her?"

FFTA features a special female human who learns Viera classes, and FFTA2 features a special female human who learns human classes and a revjabi(sp?) who learns bangaa classes. So in theory FFTA universe classes must be neither gendered nor fully racial and you could speculate that somewhere out there it has a male human green mage or something.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Schrodinger's deepwolf is indeed redundant but I think it's ok for the title to be redundant just to fit a site meme/tradition/inside joke in.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1516, Chara wrote:
In post 1510, Pine wrote:Schrödinger’s Deepwolf is best, I think, but why not just offer him his choice of the ones that have survived this long? I’d like to hear from Dann.
i don't know if i like this one. i feel that the Schrödinger’s [something] construction is both overplayed in general and misused here. i find the other Dann titles more appropriate as well. i might like it more if Dann had an interest in physics or philosophy.
I guess if the metaphor is overused he could more directly be called a quantum deepwolf.
But for the other objection Dannflor's avatar is from some tv show about time travel and has been so for a long while so I kind of yes speculated he maybe likes physics at least a little? Unless it's from a different show than I thought it was.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1525 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

I suggested ".P En G" rather than ".P eN G", technically, although it's like my fourth favorite stylization now.

I am posting to explicitly say that all five Dannflor titles are good enough.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1526, InflatablePie wrote:
In post 1523, mastina wrote:-Sheep in Deepwolf's Clothing. This title conveys the heart of the meme, while also having a common expression behind it to back it up. It's not a perfect title, and I recognize the valid criticism that it's a bit forced, but I feel like it's worth going forward for.
as the one suggesting it, it was
Wolf in Deep Clothing
for the record

Deepwolf in Sheep's Clothing
is also fine

whichever

[edit] the other titles are also fine
Jingle suggested Sheep in Deepwolf's Clothing many pages ago and it got numerous nths, your variant didn't get significant support so mastina didn't list it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

nom Fluminator for
Be Honest
. In GDs he always seems willing to hear from people he disagrees with, but also his name is an anagram for "Fulminator" which is an MtG card that works best against "dishonest" strategies.

It's sketchy whether the back half should count at all, so this isn't a hard nom, but I just saw someone (accidently?) type the anagram somewhere and I wanted to be cute.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (isolation #53) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like "Recommended for You" actually
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

She also recommends people read specific finished games sometimes so it has a double meaning.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1617 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't like any variant besides Recommended for You ftr
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The big picture is o.k.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1701 (isolation #57) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

titles are about celebrating the community, it's ok that for someone to not want to be a part of the community anymore, but I don't think it makes any sense at all to refer to a process someone took trying to forcibly leave the community in a title.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1706 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

They're not fun times to talk about.
I can PM you a tl;dr "wikipedia summary" if you want
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1769 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

nth duck's nth
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1774 (isolation #60) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

nth CheekyTeeky's out of body experience type reasoning nth
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (isolation #61) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I had this vague feeling it might fit well with mastina's previous account's title without ever remembering what that was
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (isolation #62) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1788, CheekyTeeky wrote:Title tinkerbell times ticked.
This post merits appreciation
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (isolation #63) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nom OkaPoka Marathonable
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (isolation #64) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There are no salacious elements to that suggestion at all except those that you have projected onto it, and I encourage you to get your mind out of the gutter, Pine
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (isolation #65) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Does RC put Framers in setups he mods, though?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1809 (isolation #66) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Jingle would never make a corny pun on a day of the week that does not end in y.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1827 (isolation #67) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like I would be confused if I was on the forum ~1-2 weeks and seemed to find out the top of the pyramid in proactive site administration is best understood as "disorganized crime".

I like love it as a title that was magically hidden from anyone onsite less than a year but that's not how they actually work.
OTOH saying the moderators who do the most work can't have a tongue-in-cheek title is pretty "no good deed goes unpunished".
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (isolation #68) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like organized crime

Very controversy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1854 (isolation #69) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't like the concept of using alts as additional "space" for titles that describe the main. A title for an alt should somehow reflect something about how that alt account is used differently. Or if I have to retreat to a weaker stance, a title that specifically describes an alt more poorly than it describes a main is awkward: Wooper is primarily a playing account; it's not the account he uses when he's making community contributions.

I disagree that it's too weak of a title for his main account though, I think it'd be worthy, he has some Oompa Loompa qualities and it's a strong general case.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (isolation #70) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

The quality of a title is inversely proportional to the amount of effort expended in creating it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (isolation #71) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

I like the tradition as much as anyone but geez what a dogpile
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1932 (isolation #72) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nom Jingle Cult Following
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (isolation #73) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It puns off of advertisers using jingles to garner undue brand loyalty, he runs lots of cult games the appeal of which he has engineered himself, and his current title is pretty blehful
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (isolation #74) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1940, Psyche wrote:we should have even stricter standards for titles and a more orderly process for assigning them
I'm confused as to whether that's sarcasm or not
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (isolation #75) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't get it

Actually that applies to the last six post
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (isolation #76) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I thought Ali's post was sarcastic
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (isolation #77) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

oh so avatars have to be nominated and titles are freely chosen?
That's a spunky idea.
I think if I had to use a different avatar I might would quit site, though, I feel so attached.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (isolation #78) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it would ruin all of my book deals immediately
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1976 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Antinom
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1987 (isolation #80) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's a title that heavily fits his offsite persona and moderately fits his onsite persona, and that makes it a bad title imo.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1991 (isolation #81) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

GeorgeBailey GeorgeBailey
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1998 (isolation #82) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah that will go away after a year but iirc you can PM mastina to get rid of it immediately if you don't want it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2003 (isolation #83) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2000, Awoo wrote:Okay, two conflicting answers

Next person to post gets to decide what I believe
Anytime I disagree with Psyche go with whatever Psyche said
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2008 (isolation #84) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I would definitely put Auro in the top half of calm people, but I am not sure it quite reaches title threshold.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (isolation #85) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

Antinom, as Jingle hinted Nancy mostly uses woat in a toxic manner. I don't understand how he overrode that concern.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (isolation #86) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

Woat is explicitly attack the player not the play
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (isolation #87) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2040, Enter wrote:Nom Toxicity for "promotes gobbling"
nth
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (isolation #88) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Great Wall can have some negative connotations itself because of the Great Firewall of China and who knows what future wordplay people might come up with.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Player Titles”