Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Formerfish »

My bad.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

no worries, its my job
GTKAS
| here.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Wooper »

PAPERBACK WRITER
4/11/2019 wooper Alisae (CORRUPTION) Micro 896: Furret’s Bizare Adventure The amount of effort Ali put into this game's flavour was totally awesome. The whole game was told with an overarching stories of (surprisingly) furret's bizarre adventures; flips were done via disconnected scenes starring Captain the Furret, a conditionally-bulletproof town IC. the scenes were cute and funny but most like also the role pm formatting was just spectacular. look at this beautiful role pm featuring wooper!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 544, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’ll get it, Alisae I’m sorry!!! It keeps getting pushed back.
bruh
GTKAS
| here.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by chennisden »

If nobody has a menalque RS one done I am doing it
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 503, Pine wrote:
Rising Star
10/30/19
Pine
Menalque
Menalque is a splendid example of a Rising Star candidate. Although he is new to our community as of this summer, only a few months later he has already made a significant and favorable impression. I had the distinct pleasure of playing with him in two of his first games on Mafiascum - in Newbie 1934: Tundra as an opponent and in Pokemon Ruby as his mentor in scum tactics. He has the rare talent of both standing out as obvious Town when he is and blending into the background when he is scum, while still not giving ground on a meta front. On top of that, he is a pleasure to play with, both against and in concert, and has seamlessly joined our wider community. Finally, in Alisae V Pine, Menalque gamely stepped up to the plate against some of MafiaScum's most experienced players and acquitted himself adroitly and with class. Welcome, Menalque!

Ha! Beat you to it on one count.
Feel free to endorse or add though
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I played with him in newbie 1951, where there was an argument to be made that town won the game in spite of him rather than because of him. But the features of his towngame that may have been a problem in 1951 seemed to drop off like vestigial appendages in Alisae V Pine (where he similarly didn't dominate control of the popular wagons, but became less frustrated and continued to clear his own slot and generate readable interactions), and improvement and positive y axis trajectory is what the category is about, as I understand it. Nth.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by chennisden »

Everyone has like, a bad game
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 555, Pine wrote:
In post 503, Pine wrote:
Rising Star
10/30/19
Pine
Menalque
Menalque is a splendid example of a Rising Star candidate. Although he is new to our community as of this summer, only a few months later he has already made a significant and favorable impression. I had the distinct pleasure of playing with him in two of his first games on Mafiascum - in Newbie 1934: Tundra as an opponent and in Pokemon Ruby as his mentor in scum tactics. He has the rare talent of both standing out as obvious Town when he is and blending into the background when he is scum, while still not giving ground on a meta front. On top of that, he is a pleasure to play with, both against and in concert, and has seamlessly joined our wider community. Finally, in Alisae V Pine, Menalque gamely stepped up to the plate against some of MafiaScum's most experienced players and acquitted himself adroitly and with class. Welcome, Menalque!

Ha! Beat you to it on one count.
Feel free to endorse or add though
I'll add later, nth for now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:23 am

Post by mastina »

Paperback Writer
11/15/19
mastina
popsofctown
popsofctown took the time to write appropriate flavor for everything--and I do mean, EVERYTHING. Roles had flavor. The game's mechanics had flavor justifications. Daystarts had flavor. Every single Votecount (with Votecounts being given daily! We're not talking one vc every five pages, we're talking a Votecount almost every page!) had flavor. Nightstarts had flavor. Just about every single mod post, had flavor, and not just short flavor. Paragraphs upon paragraphs of flavor, all matching the source material and still managing to reflect the effects of the game. She went above and beyond the call of duty for the flavor and even apologized when her v/LA delayed her ability to provide it.

Best yet, this focus on flavor never detracted from the game. She didn't neglect VCS for flavor, delay things for flavor. She did all the duties expected of a moderator, AND, on top of those duties, provided some killer flavor. Exceptional writing and dedication to a narrative while not neglecting the game.
Last edited by Alisae on Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 552, Wooper wrote:
PAPERBACK WRITER
4/11/2019 wooper Alisae (NEPOTISM) Micro 896: Furret’s Bizare Adventure The amount of effort Ali put into this game's flavour was totally awesome. The whole game was told with an overarching stories of (surprisingly) furret's bizarre adventures; flips were done via disconnected scenes starring Captain the Furret, a conditionally-bulletproof town IC. the scenes were cute and funny but most like also the role pm formatting was just spectacular. look at this beautiful role pm featuring wooper!
Nth.
This is a Parachute.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm going to finally do my years nominations!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by chennisden »

:o
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:08 am

Post by Alisae »

alright time to update the op :)
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 am

Post by Alisae »

jeez how fucking behind AM I
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:13 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 432, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Best Individual Game
8/12/19 Nancy Drew 39 Shirley You Jest viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79250&start=1050 It was a triple jester game and we had a triple jester sweep in it. It was glorious. Most fun I’ve had playing any mafia game ever
this will be considered for game of the year
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 476, popsofctown wrote:It seems odd that best mechanical play is only allowed for town, since scum can have PRs too. So can third party. Was coming here to do a mech play nom but I guess not.
In post 481, popsofctown wrote:
Master Strategist
October 17,2019 popsofctown Lady Lambdadelta Anime uPick Heart of Shadow Lady Lambdadelta rolled "Role-janitor", a very weak night action for a stacked role madness large theme. But she identified it to be at its strongest if a player were to soft or hard claim a role planning to rescind later, and went to use "every part of the buffalo", engaging in a gambit that would be riskier if she didn't also note her role had resilience to roleblocks.
She fakeclaimed masons with another player, identifying a townie that would be interested in a temporary relief from pressure, and the townie corroborated. Then she killed the corroborater (which did not in and of itself imply a desire to hide a lack of mason ability, since all players had multiple abilities) using the role-janitor. She was then "confirmed" town, which won her faction the game.
I am going to label this under kodak mostly because i feel like the precedent set with the whole year was "if you're scum and you make a mechanically good play, you should go into kodak."

And like, I remember some other nominations people were saying "why is this a town only category why can't I nominate this flashy scum mechanical play here."

Also, I feel like this award specifically is awarding something
different
then what people are thinking. "wow, this player was a cop and copped x universally townread player to found out he was scum. WHAT! NO WAY" or "wow this doc saved the game by correctly docing the right person at the right time" (a really good example of something thats fitting is my doc save on the worst/wooper. It would have been a better example if it actually resulted in a town win, but its a good example) is what the award is supposed to be awarding. This specific nomination I feel goes beyond that by incorperating dayplay elements. I'm not sure if this makes a super a lot of sense, but I'm trying.

Will the award see some changes?
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Alisae »

okay
that was like, 5 pages of stuff
all of it should be good and updated

I am aware that boonskiies had to redo his Modfather nom for Skygazer for lacking the amount of games needed for that being a body of work award, but I'm sure if someone cares about that more then boonskiies does, then they can submit and write up their own skygazer modfather nomination :good:
GTKAS
| here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m gonna do it when I do all my other noms, in theory, soon!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 561, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm going to finally do my years nominations!
nice
meme
GTKAS
| here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

:V
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm planning on nominating skitter for paragon shortly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
11/23 Ankamius skitter30 N/A Skitter is a player who is already known for being strong as both alignments, but she's turned the dial up significantly for her townplay this year. Despite her ability to play scum to a fairly high level, she's able to become obvtown in a lot of her games; even in games where she isn't obvtown, she is remarkably difficult to mislynch to a stage where she will eventually
become
obvtown. She consistently is able to have a markedly positive impact on her games with her style of engagement and pressing people for their thoughts, so it's very hard to call her death crippling for town when she gets nightkilled since her style creates enough workable information for everybody else to follow in her footsteps. As for reads? Well,

First, she eventually reached a solve of five slots, of which four were the scumteam, on day one before any of the townsidedness of the swing in the setup happened.
Second, she replaced in with her only two scumreads being the scumteam, and consistently held them as scumreads up until the end of Day 1, where one of them claimed Jailkeeper and the other was jailkept by her for the rest of the game.
Third. skitter had 2/4 scum in her PoE, but the two scum she had in her PoE were slots she was explicitly scumreading, one of which being her top lynch by a mile. Then, later in the game, she correctly lynched the two scum outside of it while helping keep town sane while the game was crumbling around them.
Fourth, the only thing keeping skitter from hardcarrying the game was the unfortunate lynch of the only town within her PoE, which boosted her paranoia enough for it to have an ultimately negative impact. However, I will note that a significant reason that paranoia existed in the first place because of how her slot was treated by that slot. I expect the vast majority of town would have reacted similarly and it's hard to call that a knock against her read strength.

It's quite clear just from these games that her reads trend towards well above average when she is allowed any room to maneuver and build her reads the way that she goes about it. I've only ever seen her lose as town when other slots make the game nearly impossible for anybody to play or carry in (or she ends up dying very early in the game), and she consistently has a strong positive impact in games where that never comes to pass. She is also incredibly difficult to lynch, and has the ability to maintain enough pressure on the scumteam that they have to play around her and her ability to prompt the other town, which helps create enough workable information to be able to solve the game with or without her presence. I have not seen a single other player on the site demonstrate all these traits consistently throughout the year, so I think it's clear and deserving that skitter30 is a contender of Paragon for 2019.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Menalque »

Nth skitt

Edit: bolded
Last edited by Menalque on Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:54 am

Post by the worst »

Enthusiastically nth skitt.

My only hesitation with her picking up DC2018 was that it implied a disservice to her towngame. Her play as both alignments has only got stronger over the last year, but I think the skyscraping heights of her recent townplay deserve serious recongition.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”