Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

I think roflcopter's play has been bad, but I don't doubt the claim. Scum would be insane to claim masns on Day 1.

It's never a good play to say or imply that you know someone's alignment without giving a reason. For one thing, it is equivalent to claiming cop or mason. For another, it gives scum cover to play the same way. Town should always provide reasoning. That way scum are forced to provide reasoning too and it's easier to catch them bullshitting.

Someone said masons outing early is a good play. I agree with that in games with one night-kill, but I'm not so sure if it was a good idea here since there is a SK.

As for roflcopter's question, it is a good idea for people to discuss who they think is scummy and who they think is town (and why), but it is not a good idea to try to narrow the discussion to two players.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

vote Vamparific

The case against forbiddanlight looks good too.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Korts wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
vote Vamparific

The case against forbiddanlight looks good too.
Guys, no. Reasons, reasons, reasons. Don't be a hypocrite. You're wagoning Vamp for wagoning forbiddan for wanting to wagon StrangerCoug.
Make a case.

unvote, vote: Sun Tzu
I thought it was obvious.

"lol i keep screwing myself over" reads like a confession to me, as in "oops, I keep getting caught as scum."
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

Long post but pretty good. The only thing I disagree with is your dispute of the value of a vigilante. It's true that he can hit power roles, but he doesn't have to kill randomly. If you look at this game there are plenty of good suspects to kill. Like armlx said, vig hits are like extra lynches.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

I agree with strife. Korts seemed pro-town to me but I'm not buying the case against armlx.

Sorry for having nothing to add. I have things to do for the 4th of July. I'll reread and post my thoughts tomorrow.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

Actually, going along with the town is a scum tell. The town is often wrong. If you think the majority is making a mistake, presenting a different view is definitely pro-town.

I find silence's post very odd. Not just for being wishy-washy and non-committal, but also because the statement that no one is better than a random lynch is absurd. It seems like half the people in the game are scummy.

vote silence
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote Sun Tzu
. If he's scum he'll come totally unglued. Let's try it.
I'mnot making any jokes this game.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

Korts wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote Sun Tzu
. If he's scum he'll come totally unglued. Let's try it.
I'mnot making any jokes this game.
Ongoing game? Don't reference.
It's not ongoing for me.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I don't see a good reason to lynch armlx or iamausername. Korts seems somewhat scummy, but I'd rather lynch SC or vamparific.

Roflcopter, we don't decide who the vig kills. The vig does. Just talk about who you think is scummy and why.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I'm ok with BlakAdder too I guess, but I think StrangerCoug is the best choice.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

I was thinking of changing my vote to SC. Now I need to find someone else.

I don't really like the cases against armlx or Lowell. I don't see anything scummy about armlx. Lowell seems to be posting normally and I took the vote for me as a joke (based on another game).

I still like a silence lynch but I could probably get on board a Korts wagon.

Sorry for not contributing much but I've been really busy lately. I'm going to reread the thread tonight after work and I'll post and vote then.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Most of what Muerrto posted is pretty good and pretty close to my own thoughts on a lot of things.

However, the idea of lynching a mason to test them is retarded. The odds of mafia claiming masons as a gambit is incredibly low for the simple reason that it's such a stupid thing to do.

Additionally, the argument that we should lynch them now so we don't have to waste a lynch on them later doesn't make any sense.
If
they are both still alive toward endgame,
then
we can consider lynching one. We don't gain anything by doing that now.

This is so bad that I might vote Muerrto despite everything else he said.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

Muerrto wrote:Town Muerrto: You're all wrong, period. If they live till LYLO and cause us a loss it's on all of your heads and I'll be sure to say I told you so.
I'm not saying you're scum but your logic sucks.

You can say this about anyone. Let's try it out: we should lynch Muerrto because if he lives until LYLO and causes us to lose it's on all our heads...

I guess we have to lynch everyone in case they are scum. That's what your reasoning leads to.

We can only lynch a certain number of townies before we lose. It makes no difference which day any of them are lynched. There is no benefit to lynching (or vig-killing) one now. We have the option later and it may not be necessary.

Aside from that, the chance claimed masons being scum is a lot less than the chance of an unknown player being scum.

Your thinking is horribly, horribly wrong.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

I still think silence is a good lynch but BlakAdder is ok if that's not going to happen.

Muerrto's bad thinking is probably legitimate bad thinking and not a scum tell.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”