SPITFLY - GAME OVER!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by KittyMo »

/in
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:58 am

Post by KittyMo »

I'm @Ariel#2284 on discord but you can PM me if you want
In post 46, Formerfish wrote:Can someone kinda explain this to me like im stupid?

I read the rules, but wasnt clear on it in the end.

We vote, and then the person who got 1st is safe in the following vote, but gives immunity from the current vote to someone depending on relation to vote winner and people available.

When does the vote for 2nd come out, is it possible to the winner to pick the 2nd and save them?
I was assuming the shared row/column immunity applied to the following round rather than the current one but I'm not sure. Good question
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 91, Save The Dragons wrote:Chuuuchuu chuthulu wants you all to vote for Malkon05. Doing so will stave off tentacles for another week. Don't do it and you may find yourself strangled at any moment.

death. ia. chultultutu. F'TAGHEN
Effective reverse psychology. With the embrace of the tentacles I could finally be at peace

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #112 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:13 am

Post by KittyMo »

hi ceph

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #136 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:48 am

Post by KittyMo »

Inevitably,
Some of us will stay silent.
How will we decide?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #172 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Dear friends,

As of yet I have never actually received a vote in a LSG, and the prospect is a little scary. I have realized that playing Spitfly affords me the unique opportunity of receiving votes on my own terms for a tangible benefit. As such, I would like to humbly ask for your vote for this round. I do not represent a particular political entity or religious group. Instead, I hope to represent levity!

If I survive to the next round and I got your vote, I will happily offer one of the following expressions of thanks, as determined by RNG.

1. A heartfelt compliment (minimum of 50 words) that will be translated several times between English and Swahili prior to delivery, courtesy of google translate
2. A gif that I feel is representative of you
3. A personalized image collage
4. An attributed quote of you in my signature
5. Photographic evidence that an edible arrangement attempting to depict your MS avatar was created
6. A donation to MS server costs on your behalf (amount TBD)

Thank you very much for your consideration and feel free to spread the word!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #179 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Thanks very much to my 8 voters!

Spoiler: rng part 1
Original Roll String: 2d6
2 6-Sided Dice: (4, 1) = 5

I am also looking forward to finding out the haiku contest results!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Spoiler: rng part 2
Original Roll String: 2d6
2 6-Sided Dice: (2, 2) = 4

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #196 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by KittyMo »

aaah I feel bad for not getting to these sooner

Spoiler:
Original Roll String: 4d6
4 6-Sided Dice: (1, 5, 4, 1) = 11

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #205 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

good idea

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #221 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:38 am

Post by KittyMo »

now we've ruined haikus and jackbox wow

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #294 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by KittyMo »

IPS has definitely been a fun presence in this game, bringing music, sporcle talent, and world domination memes to the table. This 1v1 seems to be bringing out passion in him that I imagine he will carry to future rounds if he survives.

Cheery has been pleasant to chat with throughout the game. Strategically, he seems to have been something of a force of chaos, and in some cases a silent assassin of sorts. If he survives, it will be interesting to see how the aftermath of this round shapes the rest of his game.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #308 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:34 am

Post by KittyMo »

the pirate hat really suits your avatar chemist

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #334 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I'm glad you get a last hurrah Malkon. You are missed

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #344 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Based on what I have been told it is accurate that he first brought up haschel's name in the elusive 9 chat that round and that was the first in a chain of events leading to haschel's death but whether that makes Haschel dying his move is a more nuanced question

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #350 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 345, Malkon05 wrote:
In post 344, KittyMo wrote:Based on what I have been told it is accurate that he first brought up haschel's name in the elusive 9 chat that round and that was the first in a chain of events leading to haschel's death but whether that makes Haschel dying his move is a more nuanced question
As much as I appreciate this KMO, I want Spangled to tell me in his own words what he did. He has a little under 4 hours to do so. I want Spangled to play his own game, not someone else's.
I only mentioned it cuz he already did/I'm bored but noted

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #356 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

yo Vash just FYI you don't owe me a poem

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #382 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by KittyMo »

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for sharing this experience with me. I am somewhat busy this weekend as well. I hope to be able to give you any information needed to help you be satisfied with how you vote.
In post 379, Malkon05 wrote:I think I know what I am doing here. It feels pretty straightforward to me.

My question is for N:

The ballsiest move made throughout this entire game was Ariel pointing out that Meme shouldn't have gone the round he did

[snip]
I need to make it absolutely clear that I did not contest the mod ruling because I thought it would give me a tactical advantage. I absolutely never intended to give any other impression. Please do not consider it as a "game move." I contested the mod ruling entirely because it did not make sense to me. My motivation was to ensure things were fair. Even if I thought it would likely kill me, I would like to think my reaction would have been the same - considering I knew it had the potential to. At the time, I believed racefan and Gork to be aligned as part of Formerfish's group, and I was unsure if that connection would supercede the connection I had with Gork, who I barely discussed strategy with. It was a surprise and relief that he seemed to make the choice easily, because I did have some guilt for being dishonest with Gork and still getting saved.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #384 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 380, Iprobablysuck wrote:Knock Knock
Who's there?
In post 381, VashtaNeurotic wrote:N, Ariel. Post the cutest animal picture you can find. Note, N, your picture will have to be very amazing giving the amount of animal pics I got from Ariel.
Protip: Wouldn't recommend blobfish

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #391 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Will start to catch up on more questions tomorrow evening, but since these are quick ones:
In post 390, Cheery Dog wrote:I never paid much attention to this game, and not sure I should care about the goings-on now. Are either of you signing up for the survivor game currently in sign-ups?
Read/care as much as you feel like imo. And nope. I want to take a break from commitments so I'm not burnt out for Team Mafia. (People should maybe consider talking Zito into it though, I heard a rumor he's on the fence about it!)
In post 388, Iprobablysuck wrote:
In post 384, KittyMo wrote:
In post 380, Iprobablysuck wrote:Knock Knock
Who's there?
IT’S KNUCKLES, THE BLOAT THROWER, INDEPENDENT FLOWER, MASTER EMERALD HOLDER
Knuckles fears none, it's the real deal when it comes to his name, kid

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #397 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 392, Chemist1422 wrote:Hello

I am obligated to do nothing but I am not good at fulfilling obligations so I’ll just wish the finalists both good luck!
Thanks so much! Also, your presence reminds me of a moment that I can't honestly say was my favorite in response to xof, but has come to mind while I've tried to decide on a favorite, and I think is worth sharing.

So for context, Chemist voted for me when I ran for immunity in round 5, and he was the sole lucky winner of prize #5: "Photographic evidence that an edible arrangement attempting to depict your MS avatar was created." Attempting was a key word there. Fortunately his avatar did not have a pirate hat at the time; no idea how I'd have handled that. But the previous version, notably, did have this tinier second green ghosty buddy up in the corner. Originally my idea was to make it entirely out of jello. But then it occurred to me that his avatar looked remarkably similar to a bell pepper. I ended up deciding to do the star out of yellow pepper. The closest thing in shape to the tiny ghost that was similar in color was a jalapeno pepper, so I got that. I then wasted a good while trying to find tylose powder at a couple of stores to make an edible clear glue before saying fuck it, surely I have something sticky at home that will do.

The first thing I tried to do was make the star. Mistakenly I tried to do this freehand on the flattest edge of the yellow pepper, but I screwed it up. So then I kept trying to draw stars on paper so I could cut one out as a model. It turns out I also was inept at that, and had to print myself a "you tried" star to use. I then cut the tops off both peppers to make the arms, with peanut butter adhesive. I cut eye and mouth holes and also tried to cut the jalapeno into the right shape (which, IMO, was a disaster). It also turned out that I apparently made one of the peppers a mirror image of his avatar but of course not the other one. The now soggy "you tried" star really summed up the whole experience. I made a last minute creative decision to stick a peppercorn in each peppers' mouths to make them look black, which at least somewhat worked.

Spoiler: evidence

After carefully arranging the peppers for their photoshoot and then dismantling the project so as to not waste food, I washed my hands in what I THOUGHT was reasonably thorough manner. Unfortunately, I have this habit of doing this swipe-pinch motion on the cartilage across the front of my nose. Apparently this got jalapeno residue close enough to the inside of my nose that my skin was Not Happy. It burned pretty badly but even at the time I found it funny. I washed my hands several more times. I later got the bright idea to try to use lotion to soothe the area near my nose. That more or less just spread more jalapeno residue onto the rest of my face. More burning. I joked that I nearly got myself medevaced from the game.
In post 386, xofelf wrote:Kittymo, why should I vote N?
I think N was probably the most candid player in the entire game and that's what got him here. His social game was good enough for Haschel to see "long-term" value in saving him over Gork, who was a highly entertaining in-thread presence. N was definitely a rival of yours (after a certain point you two seemed to be voting each other at basically every opportunity xD) that successfully positioned himself and formed the relationships needed to outlast you, which I think is worthy of respect. The only round I'm aware of that he may have lied to someone in is to Spangled at F5, which was a round he was excellently positioned in, with 3/4 of the other players wanting to go to F2 with him. N is also hilarious and will surely remind us of this as soon as he is available to.

You specifically might consider voting N on the basis of voting against me for, well, jury management and the fact that I systematically killed your friends and lied to you about it. I highly valued my relationships with Meme and Malkon (formally core allies of mine as of Round 1) and DV (formally a core ally of mine as of Round 3), and as such leaked much of what you told me to them. I was the initial leak of Formerfish's plan against IPS and worked until the literal last minute to get a vote spread that would save my column allies without me having to move my vote. I actively gathered votes to eliminate Gork (though I was initially actually targeting Vash, which I also lied to you about), Chemist (total sweetie), and Menno (I didn't enjoy ruining the haiku contest that was literally my idea in the first place but felt I benefited too much from keeping ani at that point). I spent most of the game trying to kill Spangled but failed to do so until F5. I completely respected your motivation of not wanting the game to be so dominated by Meme's somewhat random alliance as opposed to the alliance you actually chose, and you certainly helped me by protecting me and giving me information. I lied to you a lot because I ultimately felt it was a better strategic decision for me to work closely with people I was more clearly in the inner circle of, and I do think my loyalty to them got me here. But I can understand that the extent of my dishonesty could make N more deserving of your vote.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #401 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 398, Spangled wrote:Bah! We thought ani was our only leak the whole time! Well played.
If N had picked Meme over you, which of the two would you have voted for as jury, and why?
Yeeeah. During round 5 we found out from DV that ani told him that the alliance was xof's intersections. The first person to hint to me at your group's existence, though, was Gork in the very first round. I was super intrigued. My initial theory was that it was a mod team alliance with people like zor, xof and Haschel that zor would have made. Later I had suspicions of some sort of a codenames based alliance existing with Formerfish/xof/Chemist/Haschel/etc but that didn't fully make sense either esp after the controversy with FF/chamber/Haschel lmao.

Without getting to see the FTC? Meme. I had a deeper relationship with N during the game than he did so I think it would have reflected well on Meme to be able to talk N into it. But more importantly, I feel that way based on having had front row seats to what he was doing all game. I view the fact that he made it to the end while being a very visible strategic presence in the game as a product of a lot of hard work, and a little bit of a miracle. After Malkon died, Meme and I really bonded -- strategically I really felt he played and planned for both of us, not for himself. That in and of itself would make me happy to vote for him.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #403 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 402, xofelf wrote:Okay so to be fair,
I
didn't build that alliance. Fish did. It just so happened to be my intersections since we were neighbours. I just wasn't about to say no to somebody literally handing me a solid alliance in the first 15 minutes of the game. especially someone who thought so similarly to how I do and wanted to actually do things with me.
Oh no I knew it was formerfish's idea, I just was trying to be somewhat brief :]

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #404 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 381, VashtaNeurotic wrote:N, Ariel. Post the cutest animal picture you can find. Note, N, your picture will have to be very amazing giving the amount of animal pics I got from Ariel.
Thomas was not allowed on the dinner table, but in this moment he was too cute to disturb.

Spoiler:

(I might be playing a losing game here as I imagine N would have pretty great pet pics, but that one's the best in my heart)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #405 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 399, xofelf wrote:I appreciate that Kittymo, but, I did know you were loyal to the people you were loyal to. I don't consider someone being dishonest to me a reason not to vote for them or anything. I didn't know you were part of the IPS leak or all the things you leaked, but I'm not surprised by them either. Killing off my friends doesn't mean I won't vote for you, it's a smart move to kill them off ;). You were an utter delight in spite of all of that, and you are a social goddess even if you didn't fully share your charms with me. I really was just asking as a counter to zor's question tbh. Also I was pretty sure you, being the beautiful friend and ally that you are, you would have glowing reviews of N's game and he doesn't seem the type to say so himself.
Thank you for the kind words. If my response didn't fully address your question feel free to ask a follow up. I will also say, N became much more strategically active from around round 13 onwards (when ani was booted) upon being part of a formal alliance with me/DV/Meme/Malkon (AKA the Justice League :b), and gave input into who to target/split votes. But I think I'll let him speak for himself beyond that.
In post 395, xofelf wrote:either way, both of you, what was your favourite moment in this game?
I think I'm going to have to give it to my immunity campaign round in general. There was a lot of excitement, what with the pretense of the fake plan to boot gameplay in Meme's First 10 discord alliance. In reality, FF's alliance was actually trying to snipe IPS and my core alliance was actually trying to snipe FF. Having an immunity campaign going on in the midst of me trying to protect two other allies was pretty risky business - I was close with gameplay, and to a lesser extent IPS. I hoped the immunity run would at least help distance me from being seen as close to Meme/Malkon because Meme in particular had been very vocally against his allies going for immunity.

Other fun things going on: Pretty early on in the round, I believe Haschel hinted to Malkon that he knew xof was being very sketchy, and then made a groupchat with Malkon, Cheery and IPS. Haschel appeared to be waiting for Cheery to actually show up before he was going to reveal that ani had leaked him info about the alliance/plot to kill IPS. So we figure that we should just let Malkon pretend to have originally learned this from Haschel and make it appear their group of the 4 is the source of the plan to save IPS. Unfortunately, Haschel ended up taking so long to reveal anything that we were no longer sure if we had the votes to actually save IPS without moving my vote. I really wanted to stay put to appear unaffiliated.

We didn't realize ani had flipped his vote from what he told FF's alliance he was doing. So we thought we needed a 5th FF vote to tie FF with IPS and rely on chamber still wanting revenge. It was too late to flip any Australians. gameplay was understandably nervous and wanted us to just take the safe route of eliminating IPS since they weren't close. I'm trying to convince GP that FF is a sketchball for insisting I keep my vote on GP (...while I'm still voting GP...) I'm still clinging on to hope N will wake up early and leaving him desperate messages. Meanwhile, Malkon in the last 40 minutes is trying everything to get zor to move his vote off me onto FF...but it turned out zor got suspicious that people were trying to kill me. He alluded in column chat to the fact that he was getting concerning whispers in his ear. In the last I think 7 minutes I end up having to beg zor to vote FF. It gave zor more information than I liked, but it seemed to ultimately pay off.

I really put my heart into my pitch for immunity, hoping to get votes from people I'd barely/never spoken to so the people that I did wouldn't need to. Managing to get 8 people on me (actually 9 before talking Zor out of voting me!) in a round with a lot of conflicting agendas felt impressive.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #410 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 409, N wrote:also kmo promised me no wallposts in final two so that swayed me a lot
I just promised to be less tryhard than meme!!
In post 406, DeasVail wrote: KittyMo, I am aware that you aimed to get to this stage with N because you felt you could beat him, but did you believe he had any chance of beating you, or not really?
I thought he had a chance. I definitely expected to get grilled more in this FTC than I have been so far at least?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #420 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I have a few more thoughts, as I assume jurors will be finalizing their votes pretty soon and things may or may not be winding down. I do still welcome questions.

Spoiler:
I think something that differentiated me from other players, including my closest allies, was my ability to position myself such that people did not want to vote for me unless it was my idea. I received votes in only 4 out of 22 rounds of this game. I am confident that all but one vote on me was at my direct request or from strikes. The remaining question mark in Round 13 may also have been a strike; feel free to clear that up for me. Furthermore, I had immunity in more rounds than I received any votes: 6 compared to 4.
  1. In round 5, my immunity campaign generated 8 votes. (8-5-4-3)
  2. In round 10, after participating in gathering votes against Spangled and xof, and also being asked to be part of Vash's plan against Meme, it is highly likely I received one of the two strike votes. (4-4-4-1-1) I was saved based on my friendship with Gork.
  3. In round 13, I received 2 votes. (4-3-2-1-1) I asked Malkon in the last 5 minutes of the round to vote for me. The goal was ensuring one of ani, Vash, or Cheery went home, and that Vash didn't get immunity. I perceived myself as an unlikely intentional target, and that if I was wrong, Gameplay would save me. I remain unsure if the second vote was from one of the two strikes, or not.
  4. In round 18, I received 2 votes from Meme and N, as part of the plan to intentionally tie the round. (2-2-2)
By specific comparison with N:
  1. In round 1, N got 2 votes; presumably 1 was chamber. (12-7-2-1-1-1-1)
  2. In round 2, his sole voter was probably chamber. (10-9-1-1-1-1-1)
  3. N received 1 vote in round 3: quite possibly a strike vote, as there were 4 strikes. (11-6-2-1-1-1-1)
  4. In round 9, N received 4 votes, tying with Gork, but was saved due to Haschel seeing his potential. (7-4-4)
  5. In round 11, N received 1 vote, possibly from Cheery's strike or perhaps Vash. (6-4-2-1)
  6. In round 12, N received 1 non-random vote. Likely from xof. (6-4-1-1)
  7. In round 14, N received 1 non-random vote. (4-2-2-1)
  8. In round 17, N received 1 non-random vote. Likely from Vash. (4-2-1)
  9. In round 18, N was voted for by DV and me as part of the intentional tie plan. (2-2-2)
  10. In round 20, N received 2 votes from Spangled and Meme. (2-2-1)
  11. In round 21, N was given immunity (3-1).
The tie plan above was what I opened the round with wanting, and eventually gained agreement on. My social position as of Malkon leaving was of Vash's biggest threat to board control, but also who N/Meme/DV each individually wanted to work with most. Booting Vash-and-then-Spangled positioned me to make a choice with Meme as to a guaranteed member of F2 who would then pick between us. I believed either of them would have chosen me.

Something else I did for fun, but also to improve my social position, was talking to everyone. I joked to Formerfish early on about forming an animal username alliance with him and Cheery. This actually contributed to him trusting me with key information a couple of rounds later. By round 10, I had had at least one individual private conversation with every living player. In a game where one stray random vote can cause your demise, I felt this effort to make generally positive impressions would make a difference for me.

I was all business with zor and Spangled. Spangled lost my trust early on by complaining about feeling left out of discord goings-on, but then appearing disinterested at my alliance offer. I had less genuine concern than zor about personally being targeted when fear of column A inevitably peaked, which made it difficult for us to strategically connect. I think getting all 5 of us to jury phase helped my late game survivability greatly, and that had always factored into my column A spirit. Due to IPS and DV having already been targeted by FF/xof's "side" and due to gameplay and zor being less socially connected, I felt the column as a whole shielded me. Column A received immunity 4 times, which was also nice.

IPS was fun and pretty trustworthy when we were able to talk. Had round 5 played out less awkwardly, I think we would've worked together more closely earlier in the game. His elimination was unfortunate for me, but I recovered. Cheery was fun to chat with intermittently. I enjoyed talking with ani about food and our jobs, but it never transitioned very well to game talk, and I think booting him when I did was important for me.

Xof and Vash were my frenemies: there may have been alternate paths that would have allowed me to be more genuine with them. On the path I chose, I tried to represent myself as being empathetic to their situations, but unsure how to best time the merging of our agendas. In reality, I felt unlikely to be caught in the crossfire with things as is, and thus never very seriously considered muddying my loyalties. Transitioning to animal pic based talk with Vash was one of my best decisions all game.

I spoke to Malkon, Meme, DV, and gameplay every round they lived. They were my lifelines, and it's my journey with them that I'll remember most.

I am thankful to N for bringing me this far. I have tried to balance not being too tryhard with memorializing my experience. I enjoyed our low key strategy chats in almost every round, and your carefree presence helped me remember that it's just a game. A game that I'm sad to see you imply you would only deserve pity votes in.
Last edited by KittyMo on Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #422 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Dang I didn't get to ninja edit a comma :oops:
In post 405, KittyMo wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 395, xofelf wrote:either way, both of you, what was your favourite moment in this game?
I think I'm going to have to give it to my immunity campaign round in general. There was a lot of excitement, what with the pretense of the fake plan to boot gameplay in Meme's First 10 discord alliance. In reality, FF's alliance was actually trying to snipe IPS and my core alliance was actually trying to snipe FF. Having an immunity campaign going on in the midst of me trying to protect two other allies was pretty risky business - I was close with gameplay, and to a lesser extent IPS. I hoped the immunity run would at least help distance me from being seen as close to Meme/Malkon because Meme in particular had been very vocally against his allies going for immunity.

Other fun things going on: Pretty early on in the round, I believe Haschel hinted to Malkon that he knew xof was being very sketchy, and then made a groupchat with Malkon, Cheery and IPS. Haschel appeared to be waiting for Cheery to actually show up before he was going to reveal that ani had leaked him info about the alliance/plot to kill IPS. So we figure that we should just let Malkon pretend to have originally learned this from Haschel and make it appear their group of the 4 is the source of the plan to save IPS. Unfortunately, Haschel ended up taking so long to reveal anything that we were no longer sure if we had the votes to actually save IPS without moving my vote. I really wanted to stay put to appear unaffiliated.

We didn't realize ani had flipped his vote from what he told FF's alliance he was doing. So we thought we needed a 5th FF vote to tie FF with IPS and rely on chamber still wanting revenge. It was too late to flip any Australians. gameplay was understandably nervous and wanted us to just take the safe route of eliminating IPS since they weren't close. I'm trying to convince GP that FF is a sketchball for insisting I keep my vote on GP (...while I'm still voting GP...) I'm still clinging on to hope N will wake up early and leaving him desperate messages. Meanwhile, Malkon in the last 40 minutes is trying everything to get zor to move his vote off me onto FF...but it turned out zor got suspicious that people were trying to kill me. He alluded in column chat to the fact that he was getting concerning whispers in his ear. In the last I think 7 minutes I end up having to beg zor to vote FF. It gave zor more information than I liked, but it seemed to ultimately pay off.

I really put my heart into my pitch for immunity, hoping to get votes from people I'd barely/never spoken to so the people that I did wouldn't need to. Managing to get 8 people on me (actually 9 before talking Zor out of voting me!) in a round with a lot of conflicting agendas felt impressive.
^ spoilered cuz long ish, but tl;dr I ended up trying to save you while pretending to your face to be afk

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #438 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Post by KittyMo »

thanks everybody :] but especially Radja

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”