Post by Chara »

woo.
paa.
woo.
paa.
woo.
paa.

VOTE: Vorkuta

to get this out of the way: flavour claim = you die, probably, but 2019 Chara cares about this a lot less, the rules are your friends, and Mordhaus is town.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 64, Vorkuta wrote:Btw how many pages of shitposting before we can get to the mechanics part of the game?
we could skip the shitposting and the mechanics and go right to the scumhunting instead!
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Chara »

...of course, that's just an option i'm presenting. you won't catch me doing it.

Spoiler: as for my favourite snack...

it's not here, so i guess we have to shitpost.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm not a "break the mechanics" type, but.

in my opinion, a lot of assumptions are being made about the setup right now.
the short of it is, the more knowledge is public, the easier it is for scum to make guesses. it's really that simple, as RC said. that said, not voting Vork for it, that's his style.

the game is balanced around the reveal mechanic, so... as long as we don't do a mass reveal, i'm happy. a massclaim of pr/no pr doesn't seem useful to me, because the next step is requesting specific prs and revealing those.

pedit: not deathproof, just effectively bulletproof, as i'm reading it.
which, if you were town, would put you in a great position to and pull in some death note attempts from the kira team.
i am curious about the utility of your claiming here. is it just to say that your flavour fits your ability? because no one was arguing that. flavour being non-alignment indicative just means any character could be scum or town, it has nothing to do with flavour fitting your ability or not.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Chara »

Almost, do you have anything you want to do? or do you like Vork's plan?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm with you there, LUV. have someone you'd like to mercilessly execute?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by Chara »

i think they're different things. deathproof implies Evenstar is lynchproof, which she isn't. but i suppose i'm being nitpicky.

i'm going to think on this over some hot cocoa. i'm glad the thread's active at least.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Evenstar

i'm into this. though i'll still she what she has to say.

Wooper, do you townread Vork?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 173, Vorkuta wrote:1- potential broken setup interactions AND "mod confirmable reveals"
2- oh ok, so we just do the usual thing that happens in every game where one-by-one, night-by-night scum kills people until endgame
in a setup where we can literally massclaim without any consequences
1 - potential. potential. it's
potential
. you're relying on Boon misbalancing somewhere.
2 - as opposed to your idea of massclaiming right now, so that scum can still kill night by night but this time they know exactly who to kill?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Chara »

In post 181, RCEnigma wrote:I interpreted it as flips have an added effect instead of you have to flip to use your role.
i believe BEF's interpretation is correct, but i don't think this is a good discussion.

UNVOTE:
Even's reaction might be too overblown for scum but i'll consider.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Chara »

Vecna: without a direct meta comparison, can you tell me about why RC is scum here? what i mean by that is why does his play here indicate his scum self/goals as scum? i hope that question makes sense.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 am

Post by Chara »

Vork: i think you're missing that, by the mechanics we know about, everyone is effectively unkillable unless they claim. Even claiming then isn't the worst because... well, she's still unkillable even with her claim, though every bit of public information is more for scum to use to piece things together. scum being unable to remove the town voices they want to is an underrated thing. it sucks to be scum in that position.

limited reveals in order to use abilities is ok by me, with each town player at least doing their best to weigh the pros and cons. not massclaim.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:18 am

Post by Chara »

In post 133, Mizzytastic wrote:Also not sure what I make of wooper saying I could vote this but not doing it until someone moved. If I don't like wooper's case for a scum motivated #75 I would probably vote there
this post pings me a bit, it doesn't feel like you're pressuring wooper so much as displaying your intention to, and waiting for him to respond to give credence for your vote.

what did you think of my explicit agreement with wooper re: 75 and vote on Even?

also, Almost's post about why i'm town is a towntell for him, too. not saying whether or not it's accurate to my meta, but i do like how he's thinking about this.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Chara »

that's fair. i'll hold off on my thoughts for now but i can answer after wooper does.

i also tend to be more reticent with my vote so i understand where you're coming from there.

i think the mechanics talk is inevitable, but it does make it difficult to find scumhunting content. i'm trying to find something to bite but right now there isn't too much.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Chara »

Mordhaus, tell me about towncore Bambi Jay? she wears null like it's her job most games.

Even is assuredly not sk to me. i'll wait for wooper for reasons discussed but i'm okay calling that town at this point. she should give more reads, though.

why is Vecna scum again? Vecna v. RC is sort of fun.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Chara »

LUV's probably town, right? i'm guessing that based on my desire to run him up, which usually means he's being lazy town.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Chara »

Vecna: i like when players undermine their own cases when answering me. cuts down on the work i have to do. :>
if you can say "this RC is different from town RC", you can say why it's scum RC. if the point is just that his posting looks different from a time when he was town, there's a million other explanations for that that don't have to be AI.

however: RC's continuing to make himself impossible to read by blatantly pocketing me. not that i don't enjoy it, but it does mean he's null.

agree Even is probably town, though i wouldn't bet my life on it. but some more townpoints that way for the contradiction of somewhat-popular reads on me and Mord. though a vote on me would have been more exciting.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Chara »

In post 229, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 217, Almost50 wrote:Also, why is Vorky scummy? Do you think he's being manipulative with his mechanics/claims propositions?
His mechanics talk is scum motivated. There's no reason to No lynch to let scum blindly guess identities, helping them PoE through the list of characters that much faster. You saw firsthand exactly how easy it was to narrow down identities once the pool shrank in Boon Wars.

The fact that he's apparently refusing to scumhunt by any other means is a huge red flag.
would you think it's a red flag if i told you Vork takes this in every game i've seen with him?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Chara »

In post 241, Wooper wrote:
In post 207, Mordhaus wrote:So... My hydra buddy hasn't checked in much yet, but I think I'm happy with a towncore of

{Chara, Evenstar, Mizzy, B Jay}

Mild feels from BEF/RCE.

I'm alright with voting in Vecna/Wooper/Vork atm and want more poking of monkey and Mikan.

If you're not on mentioned, maybe consider sucking less.

~Rockso
These reads are generally good except for
VOTE: Mikan this one's outright scum
VOTE: wooper

i still like you even if you're scum, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Chara »

In post 318, Evenstar wrote:Wooper is >>rand not scum due to interactions we've had in our neighbourhood, IMO. I could be wrong, but he's gone out on a limb to be cooperative and helpful. I'm never lynching him today.
neighbourhood interactions are a lot easier to manipulate as scum than thread ones. if wooper can be cooperative and helpful in the hood, he can be that way in the thread too!
that's my neighbourhood rule, i always value it less than the thread.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Chara »

still finding it hard to TR wooper, which is just too bad.

this game is missing a tryhard, don't make me be the tryhard, i'm supposed to just quote them and say "yeah." i nominate Mordhaus to go the extra mile.

don't know where Vecna is going with this.

pedit: feel better Mizzy!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Chara »

by the way i'm arbitrarily putting the odds one of the dead slots being scum at about 90%, and would like them to fight to the death upon being replaced.

also rereading wooper's recent post i'm not sure if that was an out of game thing or not, if it was i'll ignore that in terms of readiglng him.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Chara »

Even, we've been disagreeing consistently from the start, why are Mord and i coasting? or however you'e like to phrase it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Chara »

In post 370, Chara wrote:readiglng
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Chara »

In post 383, Bambi Jay wrote:Gen 3 has the worst starters IMO.
VOTE: Bambi Jay
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 379, Evenstar wrote:
In post 371, Chara wrote:Even, we've been disagreeing consistently from the start, why are Mord and i coasting? or however you'e like to phrase it.
My logic here is extremely role-based. Given that people are already going "that's baaaad" for my confirming that wooper was in two hoods in response to a direct question, I'm not really in a hurry to share more info that has to do with my conjectured gamesolve.
is there any info you'd like to share? opinions? i thought i was asking about scumreads here, not roles. nothing gets done if you don't sell your opinion.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 395, Bambi Jay wrote:
In post 392, Chara wrote:
In post 383, Bambi Jay wrote:Gen 3 has the worst starters IMO.
VOTE: Bambi Jay
You cant silence my opinion when it's objectively right.

Name a worse Gen.
i will never willingly do so. all Pokemon are queens. except Crabrawler.
i like every generation.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 396, Evenstar wrote:At least one of you, Chara and RCE is scum. RCE is already seeing some pressure. Thought I'd balance things out, especially given the givens.
i'm assuming you mean me Mord and RC.

i'm also assuming i won't get an answer on why this group that seems very random to me would have any mechanical reason to contain scum, so i won't ask.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 400, Mikan Tsumiki wrote:
In post 397, Chara wrote:all Pokemon are queens.
imagine calling Lickilicky or a Zubat a queen
maybe i'm into that sort of thing. have you thought about that?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 410, Evenstar wrote:I am very tempted to just release my attempted full role solve at this point and let the chips fall where they may, but that would be discourteous to just about everybody so I won't.
for what it's worth i appreciate that you haven't done so.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Chara »

is it sad that seeing an opinion being defended with some sort of explanation made me unreasonably happy?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:44 am

Post by Chara »

aren't those the rules from the anime? i don't think that means they automatically apply to this game. lifespans are also not a thing in this game as far as i can see.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Chara »

In post 456, Evenstar wrote:Just as a reminder:
- Shinigami Eyes report the name and lifespan of whoever you read with them.
- Shinigami cannot have their names and lifespans read.
- Death Note users cannot have their names and lifespans read.
these rules are what i'm referring to in my other post.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Chara »

also insta-hammering those who take the eye deal is silly.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Chara »

In post 461, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 459, Vecna wrote:Why?
Because the wagon will either keep going or fizzle out. Either way we can get some action!
while i understand the sentiment, this isn't a good way to apply pressure if you state it. i'm pretty sure 3 of the votes on this wagon are now explicitly sheep/bandwagoning votes which are less useful for making Mord or any possible buddies squirm.

but it's a fine wagon in spite of that. just something i wanted to say. it also makes it easier for scum to do this if town decide to do it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Chara »

In post 474, Evenstar wrote:
In post 473, Almost50 wrote:Because I want to understand his statement?? Why WOULDN'T I ask this question?
Because it's blatant rolefishing?
you've already claimed you're Ryuk, how is asking again rolefishing?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Chara »

In post 475, Mordhaus wrote:Is there a mechanical reason to believe flavor is AI?

Wooper, have you used the eyes? If so, on whom. I don't want a result, just a target.
however, my previous post in mind, why do you need to know this?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Chara »

i guess i see how my question is similar. eh. i don't like rolefishing as a term because town do it all the time too, often more blatantly.

if it has to do with your mechanical solve the earlier answer about flavour not being indicative probably suffices for your question anyway, Mord.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Chara »

In post 503, Mordhaus wrote:Glad to say I'm happy to not be orchestrating a massclaim and then noping out of the thread.
me too, massclaims are so boring. easiest way to kill my enthusiasm.

i kind of want to join your wagon, though. thoughts on it?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Chara »

In post 505, Misa wrote:
In post 493, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 479, Misa wrote:I love L
Doesn't Misa love Light? Your roleplay leaves much to be desired.
Omg
I meant Light
Forgive me, I am blonde
i don't know, this roleplay seems pretty on point to me.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 551, Wooper wrote:sorry :{
In post 552, Wooper wrote:the answer clarified the gamestate a lot for me fwiw
In post 525, Wooper wrote:...PER

Chara how are you reading A50?
Mikan throw me some reasoning on RCE
he's in "won't lynch" territory for me right now, it's looking like town Almost.

there's a caveat that he's pretty disengaged right now which makes it hard to be certain, but even that is somewhat of a tell.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Chara »

quotes in last post i forgot about. wooper's ok in my book for now, i think.
In post 568, Mordhaus wrote:I've got her slotted as proactive newbtown. I can see where a lot of the theories come from and I agreed with most of the discussion re: Eventide. Honestly, probably shouldn't be as strong as it is now that I look at it, but for now I'm comfortable treating it as a townslot. I might reevaluate if her quality drops.
everyone plays differently and comparing anything to my scumplay is of course, a load of bullshit, but this is the sort of post i've made multiple times as scum, especially the "now that i look at it again it's not so strong, but that's alright for now" feeling. plus the vague "i can see where she's coming from" reason.

VOTE: Mord
i'm ready to commit to this relationship. do i need to buy a ring?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (isolation #42) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 547, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 544, Vecna wrote:Why do you townread Bambi
Townslip that no one brought attention to and was unlikely to be manufactured by Bambi, along with the right type of laid back posting from townJay.
i'm interested in the Bambi townslip, however.
and i do see what you mean about being laidback. i've been jokingly appealed to by scum Bambi before and it felt more real (as in, a real sense of "i need to live for game reasons") than something similar happening here.

why's Mikan your counterwagon of choice?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #43) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by Chara »

so that's two people who flavourcopped obvtown who was definitely truthclaiming even if scum. great start!

pedit: oh. now things make sense.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 572, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 570, Chara wrote:i'm ready to commit to this relationship. do i need to buy a ring?
It's okay, I won't hold your terrible taste in men against you.

It's not like I didn't expect it given Almost Chara and all. :P
hey now, he's a very nice monkey.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Chara »

i mean, i give a damn about the game's outcome in the sense i want to win, but it is also just a game and my actual priority is everybody having somewhat of a good time.
i don't know what's in your role PM so i don't know if outing it is a good idea, and i don't really know why you're upset or if i can help somehow.

pedit: i think it's pretty obvious Mikan TRs me really strongly and is excluding me, yes. i don't think that's being petty, it makes a lot of sense for Alisae to have a strong read on me like that.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 608, Mikan Tsumiki wrote:yeah you definitely don't want me outing whats in my role pm chara
you definitely don't
i don't want you to?
then i guess you have your answer from me. :>

but seriously, it is a bit hard to understand. from a hypothetical perspective of "one of RC, Chara, and Bambi is confirmed scum" i probably would have gone about it differently myself. i don't know what else i may not like about your reveal, but i can't make you do it or not do it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 612, Bambi Jay wrote:Yeah that's literally gibberish.

Tell ya what. When you get lynched, and your right that one of RC and me is scum, I promise to lynch him after you. If I'm right however, and it's a "Neighborhood" thing and RC flips town, then I gotta lynch Chars and you gotta feel bad you got yourself and another townie lynched.
are you saying you scumread me more than you scumread RC, Jay?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Chara »

i think what's preventing you from that is the hood not being a masonry nor explicitly containing scum. RC and Bambi could both be town and from a balancing perspective that would be entirely fine and would still prevent you from doing whatever you need to do,

and continuing from the balance pov, is two mechanical cleared slots that strong? it's essentially two masons claiming immediately, and then just as quickly getting murdered.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm not reading Bambi as defensive, she doesn't even really get defensive when being attacked as scum in my experience, or at least it's harder to tell.

you're a good scum player, Alisae. i've seen multiple scumgames from you and it isn't as though you just repeat styles. someone could feasibly think you're doing something different this time, especially if they lack the benefit of a comprehensive review of your meta, which i also lack.

(i really don't think Mikan is scum, to be clear)

is Jingle Mordhaus?

pedit: i'll take your word for that then, i don't know what you know after all.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm here, though i have to sleep now. was taking a break from the thread after that.
hi Chemist!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Chara »

two people have used it on Evenstar. we're good there.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (isolation #52) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Chara »

i have to agree, particularly with the addition that godfathers/millers become inert again after Bambi dies.

also: don't use show lore to figure out if there's a secret in your role. just ask the mod, read your PM. ask for hypotheticals privately.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (isolation #53) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Chara »

In post 720, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 703, Vorkuta wrote:Oh boy
do we lynch people with negative utility or scum equity?

Decisions, decisions...
Seriously Chara? This is town?
well, it might be. Almost, do you have any Vork insight?

i really don't have ability with reading posting that is purely mechanical, i just know it's how Vork always plays.

Chemist is town because Alisae was town, looking forward to your catchup thoughts Chemist.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Chara »

In post 733, Vecna wrote:Speaking about fun, this game needs some more of it. So little is happening.

Bring on the drama, fights, explosions, war, famine.......
i forget, are you pushing to murder someone? i would look but my connection is awful currently.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Chara »

In post 751, Mordhaus wrote:So... your premise is we don’t lynch the guys spouting obviously scum motivated mechspeak because he only ever plays through mechanics? So... he’s not going to get more useful, he’s not going to get more readable, and we want to keep him around why?
so it's a policy lynch? i'm not necessarily opposed, but call it like it is. :>

also, i feel like this response very kindly ignores my question to Almost about how Vorkuta might be read. just because i can't read Vork doesn't mean others can't.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Chara »

In post 755, Bambi Jay wrote:Anyone softing their flavor is a dipshit since that's only for scum to kill them. Softing your role is reasonable, I guess.
i'm a little curious as to what Even thinks i've softed, if anything.

talking about perfect environments, i rather enjoy this environment where scum cannot kill freely.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 768, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 762, Mordhaus wrote:But yeah, make a false and/or situation that fits your agenda
Sure- misinterpret and handwave away a legitimate and potential game-winning strategy based on no evidence and pure speculation.
And feel free to throw some shade at me while you're at it :thumbsup:
isn't your strategy also based on speculation?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 769, Evenstar wrote:I'm not the one who brought it up, Mordhaus.
uh, yes you are. you've been discussing flavour slips and softs and your solve since the game started.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 779, Vorkuta wrote:Likewise no amount of knowledge of the source material will help with trying to determine the "friendly neighbor" flavor, bambi's flavor, ducky's and butthead's neighborhood (but muh canon interactions between 2 characters) flavor.
So why are we having this argument?
why are we having this argument?

pedit: that's your opinion. i think Mord is scum and that you're town and i still believe his reasoning is more sound. you've even brought up and acknowledge legitimate downsides to your own idea in discussing the benefits of your strategy.

most importantly you're going to need cooperation from a majority of the town in order for this to work, which at this point i don't think is likely. however i do know Almost just asked you to explain so i'm not begrudging you that.

actually, more and more importantly, Vecna brought up another point i agree with: how you want to play mafia isn't how other people want to. you can have your way, but i don't think you can complain if other players have a way of playing they enjoy/want to use more/find effective. personally, for me it's that mafia is ultimately a social game and not a setup puzzle to solve (which isn't bad, but it is different), so i'm not the type to play that way.

Bambi: based on how Alisae claimed/tried to appeal to me i'd be pretty floored if e were scum. even if Chemist is, the worst-case scenario is he's forced to reveal and prove it. it's not quite an ic claim but it's similar enough, so i likely won't be lynching that anytime soon.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 785, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 784, Vorkuta wrote:the assumptions I'm making are far more reasonable than his
Because this will be contested by the usual suspects, I'll clarify right now

Mordhaus (and to some extent A50) are implicitly assuming that the scum team as a bunch of nerds that are willing to (re)watch the anime frame-by-frame and analyze the manga under a microscope to try and guess the flavor <-> role interactions.
Death Note is ridiculously popular. you don't need to be a weeb to know a lot about it or be able to read a wiki. just because you aren't a DN fan doesn't mean other people aren't.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 777, Vorkuta wrote:@Bambi- yes. I got that.
As a result keeping you alive is pointless as you're effectively conf!town'd and never going to provide the utility they need.
you're still misunderstanding Bambi's role and i don't know if reexplaining it will help, but it doesn't fill me with confidence about how you'll use any other role mechanics that come up.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Chara »

i kinda don't want to kill Mord anymore even if i scumlean that because if they're town and i can figure that out i really want them around.

also should point out i don't believe Bambi is conftown by claim, or anything of the sort.

RC, do you still want to murder Chemist?

pedit: well that does sort of answer my question!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Chara »

In post 802, Vecna wrote:Its so annoying when everyone thats talking feels town.
In post 806, Wooper wrote:I think p much everyone talking is town yeah
i agree with both of these.
it also makes these two interjections feel the scummiest to me.

the pack of players arguing over mechanics does feel mostly town, though i'm not sure if i'm interested more in wooper or Vecna.
Vecna possibly because he started off with some very strong mechanical opinions but doesn't seem to have a dog in the current fight.
VOTE: Vecna
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Chara »

i'm interested in them too, but less interested in sitting around waiting. what do you think of wooper, then?

pedit: saying you townread a majority isn't really a scumtell by itself. but it's a lot easier than pushing something and risking backlash.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Chara »

In post 827, Vecna wrote:Open pushing Alisae or RCE as scum comes without backlash in your opinion?

Also, im townreading Wooper based on play but I still have a bad feeling about the slot. Not really interested in lynching it today, but it would not surprise me in the slightest if its a scum undercover guy.
Alisae yes, e didn't have many defenders besides me, i think.
RC i'll give you.
i disageee with the wooper townread, however. i mean, i've also found things to townread from him, but in the absence of literally anything else to push? i think it's more useful to pursue any avenues of scumhunting that we have than to wait around and let interest in the game die. that direction is where we'll find apathy and a boring scum win.

voting you gave me more to work with than not. do you agree?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:38 am

Post by Chara »

instead of ISOing Bambi, you could post your catchup.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Chara »

i have a lot of work to do and Vecna's basically right (regarding our earlier exchange.)
so, i'll be here if you need me. i do want to see if Misa does anything before just lynching her but feel free to yell at me about your opinion on the matter, i promise to listen.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (isolation #68) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Chara »

In post 980, RCEnigma wrote:Chara you're townreading Vecna right?
yes, i am.

i've been sick. do you need my vote for Misa?
i want her to flip before she's lynched, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #69) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't know, RC already lazily pocketed me earlygame and i'm nothing if not... mildly loyal.

but Vecna made a good point about Misa being more likely town than not.

BEF: in what ways are Vecna and RC acting weird?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (isolation #70) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1008, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1003, Chara wrote:
I was kind of agreeing with Mordhaus on that comment, but I thought the exchange and votes between Vecna and RCE on page 40 were a tad bit off.
sort of interested in your answer to , as well.

i don't know, it is hard to get excited about a lurker lynch, but i'm not convinced by RCE scum either.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (isolation #71) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1021, Vecna wrote:any scum team would just push misa to replace out?
In post 1022, RCEnigma wrote:Town rep outs aren't great for scum, it generates discussion naturally. In most cases.
having someone who isn't participating as town be replaced by someone who does is 100% always a bad or at most semi-neutral thing for scum.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (isolation #72) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Chara »

Mizzy, i think instead of saying "ongoing game reasons" it would be safer to say "feels town" and leave it at that.

also would like to hear more about the wooper scumward slope as i find it both poetic and intriguing.

finally: why am i town?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (isolation #73) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: BEF

i am so exhausted and i hate teaching and also my life, and people in general.

early BEF townreads can go in the bin, though. just lynch this, this is the scum swimming his little fishy head along. i don't know what the timer or the votecount is at but i have definitely put my eyes over all of the posts.

join me. lynch the fish. contribute to the joyous destruction of humankind.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (isolation #74) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1063, Creature wrote:Oh wow I'm town
checks out.
In post 1064, Creature wrote:Which wagon should we do now?
fish.
wooper is an acceptable alternative. because i agree with Vecna, even if i do not enjoy him.

all aquatic lifeforms must be destroyed is the takeaway.
lurker lynches are fine and i will contribute, but i would rather they be replaced. look, we got a Creature. that's a fantastic trade.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (isolation #75) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Chara »

In post 992, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 987, Mordhaus wrote:
In post 984, Vecna wrote:So Mord, comment on this post. Is this what I was saying?
I honestly don't know what RCE is saying there, so... Maybe?

What you were saying was that I was scum for having other things I wanted to do before the policy lynch but still supporting the policy lynch (which is wrong, but not an especially questionable stance to take) and that the Misa wagon is bad. I don't think whiteknighting applies to either of our actions.

RCE is def acting weird about this though.
RCE and Vecna are both acting wierd.

But without a misa flip its all pointless.
In post 1008, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1003, Chara wrote:
I was kind of agreeing with Mordhaus on that comment, but I thought the exchange and votes between Vecna and RCE on page 40 were a tad bit off.
In post 1050, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1044, Morality wrote:
Vote Count 1.08

RCEnigma [2]:
Vecna, Mordhaus
How funny would it be if these 3 end up being the scum team?
In post 1088, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1085, Chara wrote:VOTE: BEF

i am so exhausted and i hate teaching and also my life, and people in general.

early BEF townreads can go in the bin, though. just lynch this, this is the scum swimming his little fishy head along. i don't know what the timer or the votecount is at but i have definitely put my eyes over all of the posts.

join me. lynch the fish. contribute to the joyous destruction of humankind.
Mordhaus has not even denied the scum claim and yet you vote me.

Why do I get in trouble for pointing out blatant scum.
Chara, this is lazy from you. I expect more.
in what world is "help me bus, then" a scumclaim when it's obviously facetious?

is it lazy from me because you think it's lazy play, or because you don't want me to vote you?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (isolation #76) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1092, Ryuk wrote:or I’ll just play from this page & iso when it feels necessary
just play from here if you don't want to read back.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (isolation #77) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Chara »

i don't think you ever explained why it's pointless to look at RC and Vecna without flipping Misa, BEF. ie Mord's which you seem to have ignored in favour of a joke post where Mord tells you to help him bus? that you're taking that seriously and calling me lazy for calling you out on it doesn't make me want to unvote you.

pedit: then the rest of the game doesn't exist, let's go from here! i'll give you an apple.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (isolation #78) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Chara »

also, earlier i was regrettably very... something, but i'm fine now and i would encourage those who have the energy for it to check out BEF's floaty contributions recently. and i don't mean "they aren't enough", because i fully understand people who feel like simply floating along. his posting gives the sense of wanting to appear busy while giving no real original ideas.
well, besides Mord's scumclaim.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (isolation #79) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1087, Bambi Jay wrote:But he's giving me compliments and being a generally good slave. I'm fine leaving the fish for now.

Though honestly he knows id push him from previous experience so maybe that was preemptive. Eh. Whatever.
but he's more interesting than the null slot? i would also accept RC or wooper or... Vecna or whoever, i don't know who's being pushed right now. but they would be more interesting.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #80) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1105, BrightEyedFish wrote:But it's worth a push.
why?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (isolation #81) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1099, BrightEyedFish wrote:You're probably right.
Doesn't make me scum though.
can you then explain said posting from your own town POV?

i understand you're the type to not be very wordy, but i feel like i'm talking to a front here instead of BEF.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (isolation #82) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1225, Mizzytastic wrote:I could maybe be convinced of Vecna. I've not felt great about him. Got a case?

And yeah, I didn't want to do it, but I don't see how we get a lynch off Wooper before deadline and my gut called. Maybe I have just gone crazy. I dunno
on the bright side, you've turned your slot from "hm" to pretty sure town with this play, and i don't mind you eating the nightkill. (i don't mean this as an insult, just that the timing of your flip isn't necessarily a crazy one.)

i do, however, not trust wooper or his claim at all. "it'll be fine if i just live to day 2" maybe be a cliche scum move
but i still see it all the time. still, there are other slots i'm okay with lynching first.

also, admittedly feeling very vindicated about Matsuda being a vig. aha.

i'd rather you not shoot Bambi out of your options, but i don't hate any of them. don't know what to make of RC being fine with being shot but that's his choice.

Almost: how sure are you of BEF being town? also, i hope this development brings you into the game a bit more.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (isolation #83) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Chara »

hey Morality, are there any errors in that count?

good job Mizzy. and sorry, Fishy.
felt like most of what i did first game day was wrong, actually. nowhere to go but up!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (isolation #84) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1403, Bambi Jay wrote:... Why are you sorry to the fish?

Also, no deaths? On him OR Ryuk? Weird.
i'm sorry for the whole "let's murder the fish" thing.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1407, RCEnigma wrote:Can't use your abilities if you don't flip, so assuming scum made a conscious decision(?) To nk.
or scum made a wrong guess?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (isolation #86) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1414, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1413, Chara wrote:
In post 1407, RCEnigma wrote:Can't use your abilities if you don't flip, so assuming scum made a conscious decision(?) To nk.
or scum made a wrong guess?
They got two freebies??
they did, but it may have been their choice to risk it for a better kill.
i find it interesting enough to note the possibility. either way, it means we're ahead.

pedit: i'm tired enough to have forgotten about eyes, holy shit. eh, who knows.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (isolation #87) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by Chara »

so, while we're waiting for whatever that is...

i miss Almost.

oh, and wooper, sorry about yesterday to you as well. can we be friends today? :>

pedit: we're back.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (isolation #88) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1439, Bambi Jay wrote:Also heads up I'm gonna use my shinigami eye deal on Wooper to know what the fuck they gotta hide, so nobody else has to use it on him like we did with Even.

Or I wait until someone said they did it instead. I'll give it a 48 hour period.
i think wooper's good people. do you have any other targets in mind? just in the interest of making the most of the shots.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (isolation #89) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1552, Chemist1422 wrote:Hello

I’ll flip in a “flip or die” situation, not otherwise
i think that's fair. flipping should be a last resort since it would prevent you from dying, but if you do it without that it may just mean you die.

more importantly, game thoughts?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (isolation #90) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Chara »

i think wooper is town. along with Chemist, and obviously Mizzy but no one is really arguing that. Fishy as well. Almost has some points too and i'm happy to see him here again!
also not very worried about Vork.

Vecna is good but not "townread" level, but i want to say i'm very uninterested in pursuing him again because of what seems to be some genuine puzzling.

LUV and Ryuk are non-factors, and nothing to townread from Creature yet.
zero trust in Bambi and RC. sorry friends.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (isolation #91) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:00 am

Post by Chara »

and if you're town and thinking about ending the day early: don't.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (isolation #92) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: LUV
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (isolation #93) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Chara »

you really must be disengaged if that's where you're going in this situation.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (isolation #94) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Chara »

Bambi, i'm starting to get annoyed with you pressing this. he obviously can't answer you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1681 (isolation #95) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Chara »

welcome to the game, TrueSoul! i hope you're ready to put up or get apathy lynched.
but Bambi and i can agree on something, blindly murdering LUV sounds great to me.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (isolation #96) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1670, RCEnigma wrote:I could go for any of Ryuk, creature, or Ryuk.
ah, the leftovers pool, i see. not LUV?

and is Mizzy here? i feel like i haven't seen them for a bit.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1683 (isolation #97) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Chara »

i sort of want to lynch Vecna for employing logic that makes sense, which is a sure sign i have again gone off the deep end.
i think both Vecna and Chemist are town.

Fish read is 100% trusting Almost and nothing else.
i'd like opinions on the RC and the LUV wagons.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1704 (isolation #98) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Chara »

appreciate the readlist.
what i don't understand about RC's thing isn't the mechanic, it's more why he chose you. why Bambi, RC? i mean, he's pretty town, but why him specifically?

Creature/LUV/RC is my suspicion pile given that. Almost and Fish are on thin ice but i'll allow it. but i doubt Almost is scum here, unless it's really that boring in the scumthread.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (isolation #99) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Chara »

though, saying that, i do find Bambi very town, Vecna. avoiding the RC wagon like he has been is a direct consequence of their deal.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1706 (isolation #100) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1701, RCEnigma wrote:You get it end of day. So assuming after a lynch. But to use it tonight you have to be flipped. That's how all abilities work.
well, that's how some of them work.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (isolation #101) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Chara »

is this a flavour massclaim or a role massclaim?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (isolation #102) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1764, Evenstar wrote:
In post 1749, Vorkuta wrote:The playerbase is just beginning to acknowledge their despair, we have a lynchpool of.... "3" people while some have gotten away without any scruitny whatsoever, and the biggest opponent to my massclaim (mord) is... dead and scum.
Come at me.
Who are you, Junko Enoshima? Stop grandstanding and play the damn game.
i'm not even opposed to massclaim and this may still be my favourite post.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (isolation #103) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Chara »

i'm kind of unwilling to call Fish scum for this. i don't have meta but this seems to be a style thing for him more than "empty readlist". a lot of the takes in it are short but not wrong, ex. Creature read, Almost, Mord stuff.
he's right about Almost in particular. if you want a tip for Almost, Vecna, it's that his boredom doesn't signal scum, nor does his complaining about a lack of content with none too much from him, either. ;>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (isolation #104) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Chara »

i kinda don't care about godfathers or millers being a thing. never been one to trust cops to begin with.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (isolation #105) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Chara »

i can already guess i'm the one that isn't going to be happy! but that's okay, i can't be mad if you're doing it for that reason.

^this trick is called pessimism. i'm either going to be right, or pleasantly surprised.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (isolation #106) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Chara »

what a waste. does no one understand the concept of shinigami eyeing players whose flavour
isn't
obvious?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (isolation #107) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1796, RCEnigma wrote:Both unhappy then.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1810 (isolation #108) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Chara »

gotta love how the main thread right now is just all of my nightmares. hood drama strewn out for all to see.

it's hilarious in some ways.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (isolation #109) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Chara »

<3
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (isolation #110) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1816, RCEnigma wrote:O..... we're kinda stupid huh.
:dead: :facepalm: :igmeou:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1825 (isolation #111) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Chara »

for what it's worth, i didn't think to worry about that. what i was worried about was scum having hidden abilites in general that they don't need to flip for, which just makes sense.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (isolation #112) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Chara »

it's from the anime.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1831 (isolation #113) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1815, Morality wrote:
Did I forget to mention something...? The Kira team can choose to delay their kills by a single night.
may.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (isolation #114) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Chara »

anyways. ignoring all of this.

town, if you lynch these players, don't: Chemist, Bambi

town, don't lynch them either but i'm allowing free thought on the matter: Almost, Vork, wooper, Even, Mizzy

eh, but they're in my good books moreso than leftovers: RC, Vecna, Fish

leftovers: Creature, TrueSoul
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (isolation #115) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Chara »

i'm in hell. just in case anyone was wondering.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1839 (isolation #116) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1833, Chara wrote:town, if you lynch these players, don't: Chemist, Bambi
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (isolation #117) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Chara »

weekends are always like this, activity-wise. tonight should be better, i hope.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (isolation #118) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Chara »

it's not tonight yet. at least, in north america.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (isolation #119) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Chara »

we call it remembrance day in Canada. but the same idea.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (isolation #120) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1880, Bambi Jay wrote:Please don't. Unlike me, running you up is rather easy and being hated will make it easier for them to kill you.
if i didn't already fully believe Bambi was town, this would really add to that.

in the same vein, so is Chemist.

anyways, i believe we were voting Creature?
should check the count.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1926 (isolation #121) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1867, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I think one of the reasons is that he’s way too “ok” with everything.
Like he doesn’t directly care who’s lynched yet says it’s good.
this is one of the things i liked from TrueSoul, though nothing else from that ISO really jumped out at me. i forget if RCE responded to it or not.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2001 (isolation #122) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:16 am

Post by Chara »

suicide bomb me if you want, Creature. i don't believe you'd do that as town when you've supposedly crossed me off.
not participating.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2003 (isolation #123) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Chara »

Light's death was sad and pitiful and exactly what he deserved. if he wanted to die a hero he had his chance. i thought it was the only ending we could have.

VOTE: Creature
happy to vote anyone in my "eh" or "leftovers" list. just remember who your friends are.
if this is town Creature i'm pretty disappointed with this gambit and overall lack of awareness.

we already know who Vork and Even are. i'm not interested in them.
RC is still a legitimate Kira team possibility. though he's been easy to work with this game. nothing about being Mello makes him less likely to be on the Kira team. we know this. the proof is in the flips we have already.

Naomi Misora was on the Kira team. she's as anti-Kira as it gets. the only exceptions to this, i think, might be L and Light, who function as their own symbols of justice. but that's just an idea i have, there's nothing confirming it's right.

Vecna: can you link the game where Creature did something like this as scum?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (isolation #124) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:32 am

Post by Chara »

i don't know. i don't think that's a useful avenue as it really depends on scum's abilities. Matsuda only had the one shot, and Creature would die on using his, by the claim, so from a balance perspective they could feasibly both be town.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2012 (isolation #125) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Chara »

we can't massflip. mechanically. physically unable to do so. play mafia please.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2014 (isolation #126) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Chara »

i can't explain.
but we already have three players (Vork, Even, Chemist) who are unable to do so. the game was built so massflipping could
not
be successful, because Boon isn't a fool and put systems in place to both punish
and
outright prevent it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2016 (isolation #127) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Chara »

we could.
are you so lost that you want to massclaim on day 2 with zero dead town? you're so scared of a mislynch?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2021 (isolation #128) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1833, Chara wrote:anyways. ignoring all of this.

town, if you lynch these players, don't: Chemist, Bambi

town, don't lynch them either but i'm allowing free thought on the matter: Almost, Vork, wooper, Even, Mizzy

eh, but they're in my good books moreso than leftovers: RC, Vecna, Fish, Creature

leftovers: TrueSoul, LUV
i realized LUV was missing, so i've put him in. also went ahead and put you in.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2022 (isolation #129) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2020, Creature wrote:Which shinigami is Chem claiming btw?
Chemist is Beyond Birthday. i'm outing this because Bambi already did.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2023 (isolation #130) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2019, Creature wrote:like, probably every scum alive still hasn't claimed shit and is just hiding in the shadows while common mislynches like LUV and RCE are thrown around.
LUV hasn't claimed anything.

take a look at my list and tell me what the problem is.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2024 (isolation #131) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Chara »

also, the only dead scum so far was doing his best to lead the game and be open in his thought processes.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2026 (isolation #132) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Chara »

UNVOTE:
i'm waiting on a reply.

bye Mizzy. :<
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2035 (isolation #133) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Chara »

Creature isn't dead, his claim was fake, i want to lynch him less than i did before the whole debacle but he's still firmly in my sights. but it's worth knowing that some posts from him, like the "i don't want to be needlessly mislynched" one gave me some pause.

TrueSoul: Chemist is town, do you have another option?

Vecna: i feel the same way about it, but i want to hear his reply and see where everyone falls on this wagon we have here. i think that will be valuable in reading it later.

Chemist: do you have anyone you want to vote? picture me staring pointedly at all three players in the "not voting" category right now. including myself? i suppose?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (isolation #134) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Chara »

you have Wooper as Light, Even?

pedit: any questions for me, while i'm here for a short time?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2066 (isolation #135) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Chara »

we may as well be on the same page with what is already entirely outed.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (isolation #136) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Chara »

to be clear, i was added to the second hood with Creature/Fishy/Mizzy/the quiet one on day 2. if that helps.

Soichiro only being able to flip during night is... interesting. i don't know if i believe it, but i believe we can afford to wait.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2096 (isolation #137) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2094, Evenstar wrote:Hm. Still seems fishy, if you'll pardon the pun.
there seems to be a hidden plus one to every hood. in my opinion, it's all the same person. i think you believe the same already, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2118 (isolation #138) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Uzi
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2124 (isolation #139) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:09 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2121, Vecna wrote:And chara, id be neat if you stopped sheeping Bambi and the 3P's here.

Not saying that LUV is not really outstaying his welcome, but those guys just probably, generally, really dont have our best interest at heart.

They definately have ulterior motives to keep whomever has come into contact with those deathnotes alive, and those are exactly the people we need to at least flip one off to make sure that town couldve also started with those notes (im assuming that isnt the case).
i understand your concern, but i won't be avoiding a lynch i want just because Even or Vork is there.

as for Bambi... well, regardless of your feelings, i am pretty confident she's town. i think the unfolding of her feelings has been very organic, particularly the way she used her eyes, even if i disapproved.

your concerns about Wooper sound valid to me, at least. i'll consider this more during classes.
we don't have a lot of day 2 left, as well.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2126 (isolation #140) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Chara »

like i said, he's on my list.

i will say, as much as i love wooper, i do want to hear more from him about those reads he has and why. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2128 (isolation #141) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Chara »

duckyyyyy
it will help me!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2134 (isolation #142) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Chara »

i remain less concerned about that and more concerned about who we are going to lynch today.
Vecna, you don't like LUV, so who do like? Wooper? Creature?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2135 (isolation #143) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Chara »

here are the players would rather not lynch today: Chemist, Bambi, wooper, Almost, Vecna, whoever replaces Mizzy.
so... we can argue about these players (i am fine with that) or agree on someone else (i am even more fine with that).
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2143 (isolation #144) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Chara »

whatever the reason may be, murder is always wrong.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2145 (isolation #145) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2136, Vecna wrote:Well, heres the thing Chara.

Im still not sure I trust -you-
i trust you. if being L isn't enough, i'll have to work harder on making it mutual.

as for wooper's lack of interest, i also enjoy flavourgaming less than finding some scum. do you have to trust me to scumhunt with me?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2149 (isolation #146) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by Chara »

Vecna & Almost: is complaining going to help? ;> if you're unhappy with what's being done, lead us somewhere and scumhunt. Vecna, for all your complaining, i'm still not sure who you actually want to lynch, because while you've been obviously suspicious of wooper and Creature since unvoting him and also using your eye deal, you've only bemoaned that you can't trust anyone. Almost, i'm collecting my good TRs and lynching outside of them, that's my usual pattern. if LUV doesn't want to play, i'm happy to cut his slot from the game as one that hasn't proved it's town yet.

RC's a pretty good option, i'll give Fish that one. for me it's a combination of him feeling strange all game and then not really reacting to my repeated comments of not trusting him. he feels so easy to work with. i'm no expert of reading RC, of course, but to me it feels like he is very agreeable to most things, even when they don't go his way. it's possible that's a personality thing, i know he tends to be an agreeable guy in general. but considering i'm not the only one who's noticed i'm willing to give it a look.
Vecna's taken himself out of my "maybe" pool into my town pool with what i feel is a fairly realistic "i don't know what's happening behind closed doors and it frustrates me" stance.

the only one in my "don't lynch" pile i'm not fully sure about is wooper. even then, that's only the one. i feel the game is suffering from a large percentage of players who are skirting by with lower engagement, but it doesn't feel impossible to me. all of this outing of flavour isn't what i'd like, either, but it's what we have to work with.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2156 (isolation #147) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2151, Vecna wrote:And Chara, I dont think im moaning. Im trying to hunt with what Ive got. Why arent you directing these types of messages at other people though? It seems like an odd type of focus
is it odd to responded directly to you and Almost, who had just posted? (and moaned :>)
i find it strange that
you
find it strange that i chose to speak to you two.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (isolation #148) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Chara »

what can i say? better the devil you know than the devil you don't. i don't trust Even, and in fact i am aware that she's likely to kill me given the chance, but nobody lives forever. i believe in her motives.

i agree Almost has been pretty towny. we'll see what he has to say later.
VOTE: RCE

Vecna: i appreciate the list anyways. we can circle back to wooper tomorrow if you still feel that way.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2158 (isolation #149) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Chara »

really the only thing i don't like about this lynch is that we know he can't be Light. though, i should be listening to the mod more completely when he says flavour isn't indicative. it's hard to let go of the thought when you're a town L. i might be being too naive about this.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2301 (isolation #150) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 am

Post by Chara »

ahaha.... that is too funny.

that i was just given a hood with the new man of the hour is extraneous proof at this point.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (isolation #151) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2275, Vecna wrote:
@MOD: Could a Deathnote have been used to make Matsuda die of a GUNSHOT? Since he holds a gun himself and all that? Or is it guaranteed that someone used a gun to actually shoot him?
if the mod doesn't answer this, it's my assumption that Matsuda was made to kill himself.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (isolation #152) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2298, Bambi Jay wrote:But if Almost flips light because of me... Score another with for Near against L, lol.
you're not allowed to die before me. this is terrible.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2305 (isolation #153) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Chara »

Vecna: why not wait a short time into the day for night results before using the eye deal? i'm curious.

TrueSoul: voting RC after he granted Bambi a cop shot (that caught Kira) is an interesting move.

pedit: can i be
your
successor?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2394 (isolation #154) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Chara »

Creature's RCE result is pretty spicy. it would have been even spicier if it had happened before he gave Bambi a guilty, but it's still good.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2397 (isolation #155) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2380, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:So that’s why you believe Chara is Town?
Isn’t it also possible that Chara is Scum and a Town role has the ability to Kills Chara?
i'd normally be with you on this point of view, but the post directly before this one says you can't be scum because you and a scum role flip each other.
so. :>

and i may as well clarify, Watari flipping doesn't kill me, it would just allow me to be killed.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2399 (isolation #156) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2395, Bambi Jay wrote:Chara I'm alive somehow. Explain why plz.
i have no idea. i can't think of a reason why Vecna would be killed over you besides scum feeling threatened somehow.
well, i can, but it's a longshot and i wouldn't be able to properly explain it anyways.

pedit: that's a good question.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2402 (isolation #157) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Chara »

oh, so Chemist did flip already. yes, i am now as mortal as the rest of you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2404 (isolation #158) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2361, Bambi Jay wrote:I used it and confirmed he was Watari earlier but shenanigans made me say he was BB to protect Chara.
which was very great if you, by the way.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2411 (isolation #159) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Chara »

oh, right.
Vecna was probably killed to get a DN from him. but you would need the book to do that, so...

never mind.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2417 (isolation #160) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Chara »

1) there is probably more than one Note.

2) Vork and Even are not a bad lynch and also not a good one. since they're 3p.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2418 (isolation #161) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Chara »

using Bambi's list because Bambi deserves the trust at this point, i think Fish is the best lynch followed by Creature if that doesn't work. or wooper just as cleanup.

Almost saying Fish was town was in fact the only reason he stayed out of my leftovers pile.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (isolation #162) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Chara »

well, looking at my track record this game i certainly don't expect to lead anything.

no need to powerlynch the fish, either.
though i just remembered there's something to be said for his Mord voting on day 1.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2447 (isolation #163) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by Chara »

Chemist's flip not confirming is interesting.

@mods?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2449 (isolation #164) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2430, Bambi Jay wrote:Wait, CHEMIST and Chara had it? Hmm. So it keeps getting passed around? Why? Do scum have to kill the person with the current Deathnote in order to get it?
i think it would explain kill patterns if they had to do that.

and i don't know what you're talking about here, really, but i would certainly never kill anyone even if handed a gun. murder is wrong, no matter what. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2450 (isolation #165) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2448, Wooper wrote:Ah so only shinigami can kill with a Death Note? Interesting
hello wooper! how are you?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2452 (isolation #166) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by Chara »

oh yes, hardclaim not hated.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2456 (isolation #167) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2454, Almost50 wrote:OK, then. Let's have some fun.

@Both Shinigamis: You work with us or I'm making sure you both lose. 'nough said.
*sprays with a water bottle*
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (isolation #168) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm not doing so fantastic, but it should be dealt with in about a week.
mostly fine, though!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2463 (isolation #169) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't believe so. it is worth pointing out that TrueSoul and Mord's roles flipped each other.

and thank you. <3 i'm currently staying at a friend's place while things blow over, so things are alright.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2468 (isolation #170) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Chara »

Bambi's town. though it's not mechanical, she's pretty much proved it beyond any doubt for me. among other things, it's the way Bambi handled Chemist being Watari (the Beyond Birthday fakeclaim), and also copping Light.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2519 (isolation #171) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2515, RCEnigma wrote:Chemist resolves himself most likely. Creature/bet today, if the game doesn't end there it's between wooper/Chara/myself I guess.
Chemist does self-resolve once he uses his ability, so we're fine there.

mechanically, there isn't any reason for there not to be multiple DNs. flavourwise, it is almost certain.

but i can't really explain why. i am simply unable to do so.

i also don't think Bambi is scum, RC. the possibility of a gambit with Almost is assuredly there, but it isn't the only piece of evidence for Bambi-town.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2522 (isolation #172) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Chara »

because writing my flavour name wouldn't do it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2524 (isolation #173) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Chara »

hurray! Chemist, you may as well use your ability now.
what does using the hood matter, Almost is in all of them anyways.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2556 (isolation #174) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Chara »

i'm not able to flip.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2557 (isolation #175) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Chara »

sorry i haven't been here. ocuppied with things.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2558 (isolation #176) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2554, BrightEyedFish wrote:Who doesn't want to vote Creature?
i don't. i'd like for him to go for another result if possible.
i believe we have the mislynches for it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2561 (isolation #177) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Chara »

i have no idea.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2565 (isolation #178) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Fish
it's this or wooper right now for me, and i townlean Wooper.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2585 (isolation #179) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Chara »

i haven't used a death note. i also can't respond to what Even has said, but you should take what she deducts with a grain of salt for reasons she's explained herself. however, i don't know if it's malicious, i believe she's just come to the wrong conclusion about how many Notes are in play.

also, it would be very strange for a town role (Chemist) to confirm himself as a friendly neighbour to a scum role, which would have to be the case provided you think he's town. which he is.

there are multiple DNs, i'm sure. there are several in the source material.

RCE isn't scum, not just for the Creature result. he also gave a cop shot to Bambi, and had no control over who Bambi would choose. unless they're conspiring together (which i find extremely unlikely), RCE is very unlikely scum.

also, i don't understand how Mogi is a bodyguard, but i may need to brush up on my flavour.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2587 (isolation #180) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Chara »

yeah yeah, keep going on about that. soichiro literally gets blown up in canon and dies that way while taking out mello. misa spends most of the series as a kira suspect. matsuda literally shoots Light dead.

but no, none of those flavours make any sense at all, you're absolutely right. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2588 (isolation #181) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Chara »

thinking about it, it may be his status as a false L? i believe that happened.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2589 (isolation #182) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Chara »

wait, but Creature took back the suicide bomber claim, so he isn't even that. Creature's a DN cop or whatever you would call it by his claim.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2594 (isolation #183) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Chara »

waiting for the result, that's fine. even though everyone's flavour is a hop from as confirmed as it can get, it doesn't exactly
hurt
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2614 (isolation #184) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Chara »

again, i'm L.

we know the flavour of everyone in the game now, besides Wooper. the only ones not confirmed are him, me, and Vork. Vork's flavour is already out there, though i can't seem to remember what it is...
and i'm proven by Watari's ability, aka Chemist. he's also a friendly neighbour who can only have me as his target, so... it's very obvious.
at this point it would be beneficial to flip Wooper too? if only for completion's sake.

i also was given a hood with Almost at the start of day 3. which would have been very damning were it not for the rest of the evidence against him already.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2616 (isolation #185) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Chara »

you can't? i thought that's what you said in the hood.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (isolation #186) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by Chara »

i guess you were talking about the effect from your flip and i misinterpreted.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (isolation #187) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2618, Evenstar wrote:VOTE: Chara

If I'm wrong about this I'll deeply regret it, but I feel like there's too many coincidences stacking up here.
you'll deeply regret it. what coincidences?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2621 (isolation #188) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by Chara »

RCE: i'm not discounting the possibility of more than one scum left, but i don't think it's Even and Vork, if that's who you were referring to.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2623 (isolation #189) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm assuming no information is hidden at this point. Almost has had access to every hood in the game.
every
one.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2625 (isolation #190) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Chara »

we got lucky with Mizzy's good shot. and then Almost got guiltied.
it's a double-edged sword because there's no actual scum lynch that happened organically.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2640 (isolation #191) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2637, Bambi Jay wrote:Bro you literally wasted your check when the Mafia outted it for us. Why didn't you check Vork to see if he's Ryuk or not?
Bambi, i am telling you Vork is who he says he is. i hope you understand when i say i can't explain further.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2652 (isolation #192) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Chara »

that's a good point. there goes that theory.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2658 (isolation #193) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by Chara »

okay, TrueSoul's moved entirely out of the "maybe scum" list but for real this time. on play and not role. not for any good reason but i'm willing to act as though he's town. so.

Soul, do you TR Fish, or just dislike Creature more? you seem to doubt Creature's invest claim.

Bambi: big shrug, i don't see why you'd die. you wouldn't get lynched before me anyways, and i think my townflip exonerates you or something?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2723 (isolation #194) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by Chara »

did Fish ever ask to be investigated?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2725 (isolation #195) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by Chara »

hello, Soul!

i sort of buy that Fish's behaviour here is weird from scum. at the same time, it's also not great for town. all of his posts since being pressured have been about his lynch and asking how players feel about him/who they woupd lynch.

there's a reason a lot of scum try to fake the "okay, after my mislynch, do this" vibes, and it's because town tend to think that way. they're indignant at being mislynched and want to be vindicated by their death.
Fish's posting doesn't seem to have that future-sense. he's only concerned with his lynch. which is not a good look if you're scum and not something to try for, but it's also missing some towniness i feel should be there if he was.

this is based off of memory, i haven't checked. if anyone has anything contradicting this please do bring it up. Fish included.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2727 (isolation #196) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by Chara »

i answered with my entire thoughts on your alignment in the post you quoted, fish.

you might have been hammered, i wasn't sure of the count and i'm less sure now. it's late.
if you are hammered and town, sorry.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2743 (isolation #197) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Chara »

of course you checked Vork... and not me or Wooper. then again, i didn't make a great decision last night either, but we already knew Vork was an untrustable 3p.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2744 (isolation #198) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Chara »

Even should probably have something to announce here. i put my trust in Bambi, but he's dead (as i suspected would be likely).
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2746 (isolation #199) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Chara »

we are not.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”