Micro 898 | Forest Fire | Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Pyrrha Nikos

Isn't Pyrrha just like gibberish language for Pyro?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 11, RadiantCowbells wrote:itt dannflor decides on which david tennant pick to have as his avatar
I MUST FIND THE PERFECT ONE
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 15, RadiantCowbells wrote:that one looks like rick astley
These all look different when shrunk to 120x100
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

Well, that's extremely disappointing.
In post 20, Blatant Scum wrote:I think we should lynch RC, if he flips town, we should hard sheep him.
BS, why have you chosen to continue with this train of through throughout the thread, and yet refused to vote? I would have thought a vote on RC would've accompanied your post here, or literally any of the subsequent ones. Instead, you vote yourself in #59 which does nothing to further your win condition except do something that... you think looks towny?
In post 68, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 66, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:I hope you’re happy now, BS. :(
That was the exact opposite of what I wanted to achieve.
Please elaborate on what exactly it is you wanted to achieve?
It obviously wasn't to lynch RC, or else you would have voted him. Furthermore, if your idea to policy lynch him had any semblance of logic behind it, you would have realized that policy lynching him tomorrow would be more optimal. If you read the setup, scum cannot douse and ignite on the same night. There is no risk of RC burning before N2. Not that policy lynching him is ever a good idea, but there is quite literally no logic behind your posts regarding RC's slot.

So, I can only conclude your goal was to push him out of the game and/or rile him up. And I have a hard time thinking of a towny motivation for that.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 45, Blatant Scum wrote:Best is of course to never be lynched/ burnt, but I don't think RC can archieve that, unless he finds both scum, which would happen if he were tree or stump regardless.
Additionally, you do not take into account the morale damage RC might suffer from being lynched. Given his reaction to your push, I'm unsure why you'd believe he would still be invested to play and hunt for scum when tree stumped.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 62, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:I don’t like BS pushing that but because of the mechanic, I don’t know if it’s necessarily scum indicative but if he persists, I will definitely be suspicious.
He either didn't read the setup or wasn't thinking very logically if he's town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

@Gamma, I agree that post #26 is scummy. However, why does #20 impress you?

@Pyrrha, two separate times in post #25 and post #62 you directly express suspicion on Blatant Scum's slot. Yet, you choose to sit on your RVS vote on me instead of voting Blatant Scum. If you were FOSing Blatant Scum—which I imagine has to be one of the strongest reads you have on anyone so far—why wouldn't you switch your RVS vote over there? Unless you genuinely found me more suspicious off my first three posts of the game, in which case I'm going to need you to elaborate on that as well.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 85, Dannflor wrote:@Gamma, I agree that post #26 is scummy. However, why does #20 impress you?

@Pyrrha, two separate times in post #25 and post #62 you directly express suspicion on Blatant Scum's slot. Yet, you choose to sit on your RVS vote on me instead of voting Blatant Scum. If you were FOSing Blatant Scum—which I imagine has to be one of the strongest reads you have on anyone so far—why wouldn't you switch your RVS vote over there? Unless you genuinely found me more suspicious off my first three posts of the game, in which case I'm going to need you to elaborate on that as well.
EBWOP
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 94, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Like you seriously thought I would stay on you for the reasons I gave? Really?
My issue is not that you were voting me, it's that you didn't switch it on expressing suspicion for another slot. I would have had the same question if your RVS vote was on someone else.

What is your current read on Blatant Scum, Pyrrha?
In post 90, Gamma Emerald wrote:Post 20 impressed me because it looks like a pretty bold statement. If he was earnest about it, that would actually look pretty good. But what he’s doing does not look like it’s in earnest.
Do you think that particular bold statement would be town indicative if it was earnest? Earnest bold statements can come from scum and I'm not sure that particular one is any more likely to come from town than not.
In post 98, eth0s wrote:I thought the logic was sound although I was uninterested in joining him. Dannflor does make me realize that the logic wasnt great. But I'm not sure if that's something BS was considering. I kinda think he truly believed his own logic regardless of his alignment
Very very faint town ping from this. The immediate contradiction in "I found the logic sound," to, "I realize the logic wasn't great," is something I think most scum is too self-conscious to make.

@eth0s, do you have a read on BS based off these first few pages? Or are you not finding anything AI based on these first few pages. If not, reads or vague gut feelings on anyone else?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 111, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:If there was only 7 slots in this game, I’d probably be voting BS for 26.
I'm not sure I understand the correlation here.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 131, Blatant Scum wrote:I didn't vote, because I wanted to discuss whether lynching RC is good idea day 1, rather than directly pushing his lynch.
PL lynching him tomorrow might end up into him being doused. Wastling 1 night to ignite RC stump might be worth for scum. Wastling 2 night probably not.
I didn't know that pushing a player outside of game is so easy. Hence, it was not my intention.
Yet, you didn't seem to be trying to discuss it. People had an abjectly negative reaction to the idea and you made wholly unproductive posts such as #53 and #59.

You're also either purposefully dumb-telling here or still haven't read the setup. Scum can only choose to prime
or
ignite once per night. They would have had to prime RC tonight, and then ignite the next night in order to kill him. It is impossible for anyone to die tonight.

What was your intention in self-voting, Blatant Scum?
In post 133, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Hey Dann, considering you made such a big deal wrt my RVS vote on you, why haven’t you unvoted me yet?
I might have switched to Blatant Scum, but considering he already self-voted once, it's not impossible he would self-hammer. I'm not exactly comfortable with him going beyond L-2 at this stage of the game.

@sheepsaysmeep, I can see the argument for Blatant Scum's, uh... blatant-ness being townie. However, antics like linking this very game as his scum game, self-voting to L-1, and his general tone read rather forced to me. It's hard for me to see townie motivation for those things.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 131, Blatant Scum wrote:PL lynching him tomorrow might end up into him being doused. Wastling 1 night to ignite RC stump might be worth for scum. Wastling 2 night probably not.
Actually, unsure if I misunderstood this sentence. Either way, it would theoretically benefit town to lynch a doused player slightly more than a non-doused town player.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 147, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 143, Dannflor wrote:What was your intention in self-voting, Blatant Scum?
To make it easier for you to lynch me.
This plays to your win condition, how?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

So, hot and spicy read, Blatant Scum is town.

This is based on nothing to do with his own play, I consider pretty much all of his actions up until now largely NAI and given he's decided to troll I'm going to leave directly sorting him till a later date. Instead, I'd like you all to consider that Blatant Scum has become and maintained his status as the leading wagon throughout a day where every other player has posted at least once.
No one has even voted
since Gamma voted Blatant Scum in #81. No RVS votes, nothing.

Blatant Scum is a mislynch because if he were scum than he and his scum buddy would be more intent on driving up some sort of counterwagon, especially with so many people checking in to say "my vote is still good on BS," or basically expressing intent to vote BS like Banakai has. The people who haven't scumread or voted BS, namely sheepsaysmeep and eth0s, have neglected to push an alternative. This is exactly what I'd expect scum to do in a situation where the early leading wagon is town. Soft-defend it and hope it goes through anyway.

I'm disappointed that
no-one
has laid down a vote since the first few pages of the game. RVS is important and I feel we've skipped entirely by it. Regardless, I think this game-state indicates that BS is more likely town than not.

=====

Anyway, VOTE: sheepsaysmeep

His entire ISO revolves around his town read on Blatant Scum, which is like, fine in a vacuum—I now think it's an accurate read. However, look at what he's actually doing. He responds to people questioning him on his BS read such as in his interactions with Pyrrha but doesn't seem interested in directly sorting any player, Blatant Scum included. His non BS reads are generated from other people prodding him, such as in #129 and #159. He's not questioning the multitude of people who came to the exact opposite conclusion about Blatant Scum or trying to place their alignment, despite his only solid read being on BS himself.

Like you can argue passive playstyles vs. active playstyles, but I question what townie sees their #1 town read as the leading wagon with no alternatives and doesn't seek to remedy that in some way—either by prodding people on the wagon about their scum read or pushing an alternative elsewhere. His play exactly fits the modus operandi of my theoretical scum.

=====

Also, if someone is about to argue that I'm the BS scum buddy in this situation trying to push an alternative. I would counter that by saying the BS vs. RC situation never happens if I'm BS' scum partner and just leave it at that.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 184, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 176, Dannflor wrote:Also, if someone is about to argue that I'm the BS scum buddy in this situation trying to push an alternative. I would counter that by saying the BS vs. RC situation never happens if I'm BS' scum partner and just leave it at that.
Let's not leave it at that since you brought it up. It happened over the course of 2ish hours - read: quickly. Very likely that you weren't even present before or during the interaction.
That's fair. I'd hope in a theoretical scum PT I'd be able to talk to him before hand and maybe dissuade that plan.

But you're right in that I wasn't present for the actual interaction. So, bad defense. I guess I could be the potential BS scum partner here. But uh, I'm not.
In post 159, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 155, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 119, sheepsaysmeep wrote:what i meant was that if i was a wolf theres no way i'd make a rash decision in calling to lynch rc for no game-specific reason off the bat
There’s the fact he didn’t vote there though. I feel like he
would
have voted RC had he gotten support. That part seems wolfy to me.
i disagree but i like this read from you
In post 198, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i still havent gotten anything from gamma's psoting shrug
sheepsaysmeep, uhhh why do you say you like Gamma's read and yet that doesn't impact your read on the slot at all?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 195, sheepsaysmeep wrote:im actually really confident in sheep bs pyrrha dann all villa

is the size of the remaining poe game winning
So... Put down a vote on one of them?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 198, sheepsaysmeep wrote:pyrrha was legitimately trying to sort me; this read is maybe a bit weaker pending them posting more
Can you expand on this? I read their interaction with you a few times and I don't see anything especially towny. Not saying it's scummy but talking about PL meta and asking for reads is like... Level 0 genuine sorting.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 203, Dannflor wrote:
In post 195, sheepsaysmeep wrote:im actually really confident in sheep bs pyrrha dann all villa

is the size of the remaining poe game winning
So... Put down a vote on one of them?
And by that I mean put down a vote on one of your PoE
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 183, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 176, Dannflor wrote:Also, if someone is about to argue that I'm the BS scum buddy in this situation trying to push an alternative. I would counter that by saying the BS vs. RC situation never happens if I'm BS' scum partner and just leave it at that.
In post 2, Plotinus wrote:Factional Communication:
During the night phase
you may talk with your partner [Private Topic Link]here[/Private Topic Link].
Out of curiosity, how would you stop me?
Oh, I haven't played in a game without day talk in a while.
In post 185, Banakai wrote:I just don't agree with the notion that "Scum would never do anything rash like express intent to lynch in the first page(s)". In my experience as scum you very often try to do unexpected things like make yourself the center of attention to throw off the town.

So I find his reasoning for the town read on BS dumb, but also recognize he's making a decent attempt to look at the game deeper
What's the line between dumb town reasoning and fabricated scum reasoning? What makes sheepsaysmeep the former rather than the latter? You think BS is scum, great. What do you think his buddy would be trying to do here?
In post 189, sheepsaysmeep wrote:idk what to say to dann's read on me i'd agree with it if i wasnt me
I'm honestly just looking for you to start actively sorting, especially in your given PoE.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 208, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i forgot that one post was from gamma but im getting nothing else from my poe

if you want me to pull up random.org for a vote i can but i personally dont think it would achieve anything

im honestly just waiting for my nulls to post more
Would that one post push him above null for you? Or not enough to do that?

And that's fair, a few slots haven't really generated much useful yet. Do you have specific things you want them to react to/answer or are you content for them to generate their own content?

You had PP interacting with you last page and that seemed like the golden time to try and sort him, but you didn't really push back at him about the strength of your reads or try to find out what his reads are at this stage. (not that he needs to have confident reads by now)

Anyway, gonna step away now so I don't bloat the thread too much for the slots who haven't posted much yet.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 199, sheepsaysmeep wrote:what are your thoughts on my v reads rn
Eh I guess you are trying to some extent.

I'm interested in what Pyrrha thinks about this when she returns to the thread
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Dannflor »

I believe his noise comment was about Blatant Scum's posting, which I agree with.

I'm not trying to shit on your sorting methods. I think you have some good methods. I just didn't see anything specifically in your interactions with sheep that made me go, "wow Pyrrha is town here!"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 222, eth0s wrote:VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
Can you answer this:
In post 103, Dannflor wrote:@eth0s, do you have a read on BS based off these first few pages? Or are you not finding anything AI based on these first few pages. If not, reads or vague gut feelings on anyone else?
Anything else to say about the last several pages besides a naked vote?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I currently feel like sheep's town read on me is more an attempt to appease me than a genuine town read buuuut that might be verging into conf-biasy thinking.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 231, PenguinPower wrote:I townread you, Dann.
That's good, since I also think you're one of the townier slots right now.

I have some measure of a town read on Gamma and BS too. I got some slight town vibes from Banakai's entrance.

Otherwise I'm having trouble forming town reads and I'm attributing that to a lack of people trying to do anything. Like looking at the VC we have 5 people not voting which makes for a really stagnant game state. I suppose I should just be patient for the weekend to end and people to be more active. The lack of RVS votes is just odd.

pedit: okay eth0s, feel better

I also noticed BS has been leaning into his "scummy" persona in a way I find rather forced. But it's hard for me know whether that's really scum indicative for him given his lack of scum meta to pull from.

When you get back I'd like to know where you're at with your town reads
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Oh, Pyrrha, can you expand on your sheep town read for me?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 235, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:But here, he’s really efforting in a very clearly townie way.
Sort of a strange thing to say without elaboration given a stated reason for my scum read on him is that I thought he
wasn't
efforting in a clearly townie way.

What is he doing specifically that you see as townie? Was it his engagement with you or something else?

PEDIT: agree re: the twbtw argument

I find BS' play itself not that indicative,
especially
if he has a history of roleplaying his "blatant scum" persona
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Pyrrha, if BS is the Firefighter than he would claim it at L-1 and we would lynch elsewhere. Same as every other slot in the game. Why does the existence of that PR give you hesitance in going after a slot that would otherwise be a "powerlynch?"
In post 246, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Why is it strange, because I disagree with you? I have meta on sheep and this looks like his towngame to me.
No, not because you disagree with me. Because you didn't address the fact that I made the exact opposite point. I understand you have meta on sheep. I have meta on sheep too, and this looks like his scumgame to me.

What exactly about his play
in this game
do you find to be townie efforting? Just quote a few specific posts or talk about something specific he did. Meta aside please.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 249, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:He should probably claim ff, if that is the case.
No. No one claims before L-1.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 283, sheepsaysmeep wrote:gut says almost everyone who's been psoting is villa and gut also says it's not that easy idek
Your scum team is like Pine/Banakai then?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 258, sheepsaysmeep wrote:dann can you explain v reads on penguin and gamma
With Penguin it largely has to do with the way he's pushed back against things and called things out as silly when he sees it. I town read snark a lot tbh, which maybe isn't always accurate, but I'm putting him into a town pile until he shows anything that makes me doubt that. Speaking of, we getting a rainbow reads list after Pine posts, Penguin?

As far as Gamma, there were a few specific bits of reasoning/reads that I liked. I think you pointed out one of them. I'll expand on this when I get more time tomorrow. I don't think anything RC did was alignment indicative and I wish people wouldn't talk about his replacement as if it was. RC would get upset enough to replace out over that specific treatment of his slot regardless of the color of his role PM.

eth0s can be town.

I'm still uneasy by how stagnant the game state seems to be, but maybe Pine posting or a replacement coming in will shake things up. I have a potentially spicy scum read but I'm not going to out it just yet. It's possible this game isn't that hard.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Gamma, do you have reads on any of: Pyrrha, sheep, eth0s?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 289, Gamma Emerald wrote:I kinda like your sheep read but I still think BS is scum
you still think sheep has scum equity or you think he's probably town?

unsure what liking my read means in this instance
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 291, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 265, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 262, Blatant Scum wrote:eth0s, your playstyle here is absolutely different from what I saw in vengeful mafia.
What was his playstyle in VM and what was his alignment was in that?
Pasive, lynchbaity.
Why do you think there's a difference?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 308, Banakai wrote:I also think dan is a little sus, but everybody else is reading him as town it seems.
Why do you choose not to elaborate on this if that's the case?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 308, Banakai wrote:I still think sheep is maybe the most towny
I assume this might have to do with part of your scum read on me. But can you expand on this a bit more? A few people have stated he has scum equity.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 295, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 283, sheepsaysmeep wrote:gut says almost everyone who's been psoting is villa and gut also says it's not that easy idek
Highly unlikely and unless the scumteam is exactly BS/Pine, one or more of my tr is wrong.
If you had to choose who do you think you would be wrong on?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 320, Banakai wrote:at the start of the game he's very suspcious of BS, then suddenly in post 176 he changes to "BS IS TOWN" seemingly instantly. Just seems a little weird to me. What caused this sudden change?
Pretty sure I go to lengths to explain why I changed my read in the very post you quoted. Do you have any questions about that?
these and many other quotes in his ISO seem to indicate he really wants people to vote. even 200 posts in he's still advocating for RVS votes. Why do you want people to vote so bad? idk seems kinda scummy to me. Usually town wants to hold off lynching someone until close to the deadline.
I do really want people to vote. Why does that equate wanting to lynch someone? I just want people to take firm stances so that we can look back later and see who took what stances at what time, votes accelerate that type of thing. I personally find it easier to get reads that way.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 313, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:If BS is town, sheep probably is as well, because I really can’t see scum!sheep going out on this kind of a limb.
Did you read my reasoning on sheep? My scum read there kinda rests on BS being town. Do you disagree with my logic?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

I’m mostly curious why me pushing for RVS votes or votes in general = pushing for a quick lynch.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 330, Banakai wrote:It's not just wanting people to vote, it's the constant asking people "why didn't you vote". I don't see encouraging voting for the sake of voting as a good thing. to me, it seems pointless. If anything, it's an attempt to create alternate wagons and to accelerate a lynch.
The answer to “why didn’t you vote” can be telling in itself, it requires people to take some sort of firm stance.

And I’m not trying to do some kinda GOTCHA! moment where someone contradicts themselves earlier and I can pounce on them. It’s just easier to get both scum and town reads when people are more clearly showing their thought processes through actions, versus the hedging of “eh I kinda wanna vote there but I think I won’t”
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

Banakai, this might seem random, but has your Pyrrha read evolved at all?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

I miss Vedith
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

Might do a colored read list of my own when I get home tonight

Might help me organize my thoughts because I feel a tad lost atm
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Dannflor »

Sort of think scum!Banakai just goes with the consensus reads instead of defending this
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 365, Blatant Scum wrote:I made some reads, cause town to lose the game, decided to change strategy from reader to mech player.
Right now my strategy is to find a strong town read and then sheep it.
I will probably sheep Dennflor this game.
Just curious, why aren't you voting sheep with me at this time then? Are you waiting to get a stronger read?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

@mod, V/LA through 11/11.

In post 428, Psyche wrote:he replaced RC though, so I'll have to untangle that whole thing at some point.
BTW, I forget if I commented on this earlier but the replace out by RC should not be read as indicative either way. Gamma should be generating enough content to be readable on his own anyway.

V/LA noted --P
Last edited by Plotinus on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

Hey, eth0s, you still think Psyche is the best lynch for today?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 260, eth0s wrote:VOTE: pine there are 3 people I am willing to lynch today and Sheep is no longer included in that list.
Also, I'd like if you outed who these three people were.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #49) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: eth0s

My first guess for a scum team was actually Pyrrha/sheepsaysmeep, Pyrrha being my spicier scum read. I'm now feeling better about both of their slots though so it's quite likely I'm just wrong in some places.
In post 435, Banakai wrote:at this stage I'd be ok with [BS, Dan, Eth0s] with dan and Eth0s being roughly tied
Why aren't you voting one of these places? I know I know you don't want to lynch someone so early. But votes are a tool, why don't you use them to help sort this group of three?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Nancy, I knew who you were from the first post you made in this game haha

I didn’t say I scum read you because I knew you wouldn’t like it and I wanted to wait and see if I was wrong. Turns out I’ve come around to town reading you. Still got a little of that Merchant’s Daughter paranoia going on so it takes me a bit sometimes to be confident on you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 458, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 457, Dannflor wrote:Nancy, I knew who you were from the first post you made in this game haha

I didn’t say I scum read you because I knew you wouldn’t like it and I wanted to wait and see if I was wrong. Turns out I’ve come around to town reading you. Still got a little of that Merchant’s Daughter paranoia going on so it takes me a bit sometimes to be confident on you
I don’t think I’m playing anything like MD but I really wish you hadn’t have outed me. :/

I never effort this much as scum because lazy. :lol:
I don’t think you are either anymore! There was just some stuff early game I was questioning.

Sorry for outing you, I didn’t realize that was a secret alt. :oops:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (isolation #52) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Dannflor »

eth0s, can you expand on why you think Pyrrha is scum?

I’m not really seeing it off that one post you quoted
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I’m not gonna have time till tomorrow but please no hammer till I read ty
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #54) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

actually

UNVOTE:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

:/

I explicitly unvoted so I’d have time to give input
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (isolation #56) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

Nothing RC did was AI stop quoting his replace out thank you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (isolation #57) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

Gamma, where are your reads at right now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (isolation #58) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

That slot flipping town doesn’t prove that the replace out was alignment indicative.

Regardless of anything, it’s healthier for the site to regard all replace outs as NAI anyway.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (isolation #59) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

Why don’t you think scum!Gamma makes #382?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (isolation #60) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Banakai
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 498, Banakai wrote:a part of me wants to think that he's doing this to become a stump, but also I think that's a terrible move as town, it's not like were finding any interesting information. It's just Ethos acting very blatantly scummy, and then what? is he gonna be a stump and say "hey vote these guys cause they voted me when I acted blatantly scummy"
In post 499, Banakai wrote:overall just bizarre play IMO, does he just not know how to deal with a little pressure?
In post 527, Banakai wrote:VOTE: eth0s L-1
This feels like Banakai is preparing for eth0s to flip town but wants to make sure he can still vote there.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 498, Banakai wrote:a part of me wants to think that he's doing this to become a stump, but also I think that's a terrible move as town, it's not like were finding any interesting information. It's just Ethos acting very blatantly scummy, and then what? is he gonna be a stump and say "hey vote these guys cause they voted me when I acted blatantly scummy"
In post 499, Banakai wrote:overall just bizarre play IMO, does he just not know how to deal with a little pressure?
In post 527, Banakai wrote:VOTE: eth0s L-1
This feels like Banakai is preparing for eth0s to flip town but wants to make sure he can still vote there.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (isolation #63) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

oops
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (isolation #64) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

I was with kinda with you yesterday but I’m looking at he behavior around the eth0s lynch today and Banakai’s progresssion looks to the most egregious to me
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (isolation #65) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Where did your BS scum read go?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (isolation #66) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Elaborate on your town reads? Penguin and sheep in particular.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (isolation #67) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 667, Banakai wrote:Dan and Pyrrha I feel have kinda been really controlling the game - maybe they are strong town players - but it feels like they were instrumental in yesterdays lynch.
I feel like Penguin was the primary pusher of eth0s and yet you kind of skip by that.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (isolation #68) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm antsy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (isolation #69) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

UNVOTE:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (isolation #70) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Gamma Emerald, who would you like to lynch today?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (isolation #71) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Dannflor »

Don’t lynch anyone PLEASE

I’m posting later today
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (isolation #72) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Regarding Nancy, I wouldn't ever put the same amount of confidence into any of my reads as she does into her reads. As someone who has played with her a few different times though, I can attest that as far as Nancy's meta goes, she tends to be more confident as town and more fence-sitty as scum. I think that dichotomy is what sheepsaysmeep is referring to but I could be wrong. Given her play so far, I don't think it's 100% impossible that she's scum—especially if I give any weight at all to my earlier paranoia—but I find it overall very unlikely.

I don't think I necessarily agree with all of her reads right now nor the confidence she ascribes to them, but that's not really something I can scum read.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (isolation #73) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 686, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Calling it rn:
Banaki/Psyche is the scumteam
Like, a post like this feels terrible to be on the receiving end of if you're town. But just based on what I know of Nancy as a personality this sort of brazen confidence only tends comes out when she's town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (isolation #74) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Somewhat unpopular opinion at this point but I think Banakai is town.

In games like this where I've been a consensus town read with little to no push-back—see Merchant's Daughter—the one or two slots that have pushed against that and suspected me have always been town, with scum trying to pocket me. Overall, I find it more likely that scum goes with the consensus town reads particularly the ones they suspect will be leading the game. While it can be a valid scum strategy to go against consensus and get town reads that way, Banakai doesn't strike me as that brazen as a player? That's not based off meta, just my read on him this game. It's not the firmest read just because I find a lot of his reads lacking in substance
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (isolation #75) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think Psyche is pretty obviously town and I don't understand the case against him if there is one
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (isolation #76) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Penguin is still town. I think we've had a lot of mind meldingish moments and he's prodded a lot of the same things I've wanted to. His push against eth0s was a town push just due to timing and the way it formed imo
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (isolation #77) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (isolation #78) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

The scummiest two slots are sheepsaysmeep and Gamma Emerald.
In post 189, sheepsaysmeep wrote:idk what to say to dann's read on me i'd agree with it if i wasnt me
I really don't think this is how town responds to a scum read on them. I think this is just scum trying to placate me and hoping the push will go away if he hard town reads me enough. There's no attempt to engage with it at all. No explanation as to why he didn't do the things I was expecting to do, no attempt to try to get me to actually fix my read on him. Instead he makes this agenda-y posts that makes much more sense from a scum POV who wants to come out of the push looking good and not-defensive-at-all.

Also like if he's playing to get town read by Pyrrha. I don't believe sheepsaysmeep actually didn't know who Pyrrha was, or even if he didn't, his pivot to "Pyrhha can never be scum" is still strange in that he's not really explaining it to people like Psyche who don't have meta, he's just saying it so Pyrrha will town read him.
In post 501, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i have no understanding wtf ethos is doing

i dont necessarily find that fact scum indicative but in this case it bothers me somewhat
This is how scum reacts to a flailing townie. It's the same type of posting that I commented on from Banakai earlier, but this is even more non-committal.
In post 767, sheepsaysmeep wrote:psyche

nancy cant wolf

i mean that in the least insulting way possible but as an objective view of her emotions

if she was wolf, these walls would be.. wolfing

and she cant do that
This is a weird way to interact with Psyche if sheep has banakai/psyche as his bottom two. It doesn't really address things in a way Psyche could understand but also seems to assume that Psyche is town wrongly scum reading Nancy. Again, seems constructed for Nancy in particular.
In post 738, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 737, eth0s wrote:dannflor and sheep have been pretty quiet
i agree
In post 739, sheepsaysmeep wrote:the fact that he feels as quiet as me makes me like him more if it even matters at all
I don't even know why these posts exist or what they mean but this doesn't feel like a real read??

Gamma is my less confident scum read but honestly, there's no real good reason to town read him right now that I can see. He made one kinda okay wall post at the beginning and I feel he's just been kinda coasting since then. Psyche called him out on this and Gamma has hinged his entire scum read on Psyche on Psyche's read which is uh... itself pretty valid?
In post 620, Gamma Emerald wrote:Psyche if you still just have “he posted one-liners” as your reasoning for your read on me then you are quite off the mark. My ISO is not all one liners, there’s quite a few points where I write quite a bit out about what I am saying.
Like, this is a really weird way to address a scum read. This feels closer to scum that feels like they're being scum read for the wrong reasons than town actually addressing an inaccurate read. There
are
a lot of one liners in Gamma's ISO. Why isn't Gamma addressing why Psyche thinks one-liners are scummy? Or whether the actual content he wrote out is good or not? Instead he fixates on the fact that "he's actually written quite a bit out" at certain points.
In post 719, Gamma Emerald wrote:Psyche’s reads just seem questionable based on the fact he has a take on me that has no basis in fact but is a real common take on me in other games.
He then reuses this logic here to discount all of Psyche's reads and scum read him, despite the fact that I think pretty much all of Psyche's takes have been pretty grounded and reasonable?

Anyway, I'm not like super sold on scum Gamma yet. I think BS might make for a suitable substitute if I'm wrong there. I'd like more time to sort here but luckily, I feel much more confident on sheep.

I would like to lynch sheep today and go from there.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (isolation #79) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

oh and sheep comes into the day saying "ya I just need more flips"

which is a really weird thing to say directly after a town flip?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (isolation #80) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

[Pyrrha, Penguin, Psyche]
[Banakai]
-----
[Gamma Emerald, Blatant Scum]
[sheepsaysmeep]

my middle 3 are kinda in flux but I feel pretty good about my top 3 and bottom 1
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (isolation #81) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

sheep/gamma are my hot take for a team just based off pre flip associatives but BS gives me a headache to read to that's why he's in the same category

Banakai I'm sticking with my gut town read
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (isolation #82) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 781, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Dann that criticism is fair but psyche’s read is so low effort it’s hard to rebuff it in any other way. I can see your take on Banakai too, I do remember MD going the way you described.
What about his other reads though? I think he has some interesting takes but you kinda just rebuffed them all in one fell swoop
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (isolation #83) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 782, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Banaki - he has been pushing you all game for imo very suspicious reasons and out of the blue, he’s suddenly voting Psyche? Why?
He had me as "a lil sus," I wouldn't really classify that as a push.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (isolation #84) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 741, Banakai wrote:i actually agree with what psyche is saying

i still think hes scum though
I do want Banakai to expand on this read more though.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 789, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:@Dann you were paranoia reading me initially, is it possible you’re doing the same with sheep?

I just personally have never withessed scum!sheep play this way but because he’s fooled me twice, I’m not super confident on it but I’m not really seeing why you’re so convinced he’s scummy?
Play which way

What exactly is he doing that's towny?

I feel like this is exactly a scum game and particularly one I've seen from him twice before
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (isolation #86) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

Gamma I might be wrong on but I haven't seen any convincing reasons to town read Sheep
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (isolation #87) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

My second game is No Deadlines

Can you be more specific on what exactly you see in his play here that follows his town meta over his scum meta?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (isolation #88) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Like I think meta aside, his play is objectively scummy.

Using meta I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. What specific things is he doing that you don't see him doing as scum?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (isolation #89) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 797, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:He was death tunneling town!Varsoon all game. He hasn’t really been doing that here.
So you think his sort of aimless posting is more town indicative of him?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (isolation #90) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 798, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Do you think you being his buddy in that game, helps give you greater insight into being able to read him?
I don't really put much stock in my ability to read meta to begin with, I'm just engaging in this because I know it's a tool you use primarily. So, I can't really answer this.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (isolation #91) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think I was rather quick to assign town points to Psyche.

In fact, I'd lynch him after sheep if sheep flips scum. But, that's contingent on sheep flipping scum. In a vacuum Psyche isn't terrible.

Rereading more and Banakai!town is becoming a stronger read.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #92) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 810, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:@Dann, look how non-commital and fence-sitty sheep is here. He first says I’m villagery but then says he prefers Elsa (who was also his buddy in that). Not “no way am I ever voting her”, like he is here. So, the more I ISO sheep’s games, the less and less I am convinced on your sheep sr.

I think townlocking slots is more likely town indicative for sheep than scum, unless you can find a scumgame where he did just that. If not, I’m still sticking with my sheep tr.
I think when you consider the slots he's "townlocked," in me and you, and the fact that the two leading wagons in Psyche and Banakai are largely being pushed because they dared to shade these town reads... Why wouldn't scum!sheep town read both you and me?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (isolation #93) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 819, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 816, Dannflor wrote:I think I was rather quick to assign town points to Psyche.

In fact, I'd lynch him after sheep if sheep flips scum. But, that's contingent on sheep flipping scum. In a vacuum Psyche isn't terrible.

Rereading more and Banakai!town is becoming a stronger read.
Why wouldn’t you lynch Psyche if sheep flips town?
something something preflip associatives

if sheep flips town I have to reevaluate all my reads
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (isolation #94) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

Psyche, do you have a read on sheepsaysmeep
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (isolation #95) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

Weird how everyone was so eager to wagon Pine for lurking and now no one wants to vote sheep

:thinking:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (isolation #96) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

You’re not no one, just not enough

Wait that sounds worse
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (isolation #97) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 507, sheepsaysmeep wrote:sheep pyrrha dann
bs
pp gemma psyche
ethos banakai
I think this is a scum reads list. He basically has 3 total town reads, two of which are just consensus town reads. Puts eth0s in his bottom tier but doesn’t dirty himself on the wagon.

For some reason
takes back
his earlier town read on Penguin to put him closer to scum because he needs more possible lynches.

Also like, considering the amount of people who’ve been like “yeah I could sheep Dann” this game, I find it odd how difficult it is to get a sheepsaysmeep wagon going.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (isolation #98) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

NVM that was someone else who town read Penguin

I misremembered
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (isolation #99) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

Still I don’t think having a PoE of 5 is a good pool without trying to sort within that PoE at all
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (isolation #100) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 866, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 862, Dannflor wrote:Weird how everyone was so eager to wagon Pine for lurking and now no one wants to vote sheep

:thinking:
He voteparked, flaked but was active elsewhere online.

It’s the townlocking thing that makes me reticent, because I haven’t seen him do that as scum but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t be doing that here but it’s also I’m not really sold on Banaki town. I’m actually liking Psyche more now.
Do understand that scum are much more likely to town read, or even town lock you, because players that do that will often get a town read in return from you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (isolation #101) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

Also like the way he formulated his town read on you just seemed

Way too easy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (isolation #102) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 893, sheepsaysmeep wrote:does anyone have actual questions about my poe

i can try to find another wolf in there tomorrow but i have a history test to study for
Why are you focused on finding scum reads over town reads?

Why are gamma and Penguin in your PoE specifically?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (isolation #103) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 890, sheepsaysmeep wrote:did anything change about banakkai
ye he town
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (isolation #104) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

A strong core of two isn’t enough to win the game sheep
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (isolation #105) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 921, sheepsaysmeep wrote:me you pyrrha bs

that gets me far enough if you read.. any 9p turbo
This is the first time you've expressed BS as town core.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (isolation #106) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

bs
pp gemma psyche
ethos banakai
In post 639, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: banakai

nothings changing about me

nancy and dann are still basically clear
In post 701, sheepsaysmeep wrote:lacking motivation to post because i just need flips rn

still locked with sheep dann pyrrha towncore
This doesn't read to me as having a read on BS at the same level as me and Pyrrha
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (isolation #107) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

See, I don't think a Psyche/Banakai solve is necessarily awful.

I guess my problem with it is that it's just so easy. It feels too much like lynching the players with the least thread presence, which is often a good idea if everyone feels town, but I don't think sheep or Gamma have showed enough to really town lock them yet.

Let's take a look at everyone's post count:

Pyrrha Nikos - 273
Dannflor - 107
PenguinPower - 87
Blatant Scum - 84
Gamma Emerald - 82
eth0s - 78
sheepsaysmeep - 59
Psyche - 56
Banakai - 35

I can't help but feel if there's scum in Gamma/BS they'll just get away with it because we're fixated on these lower slots.

I guess I just need to make sure they're town.

pedit:
In post 935, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Ok Dann, I gotta say you’re wrong about this. Sheep has been extremely adamant about BS being town.
Town? Yes. Town core? No.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (isolation #108) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 927, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 365, Blatant Scum wrote:I will probably sheep Dennflor this game.
@Dannflor
Tell me how scum!sheep makes sense defending me and I will become your sheep, sheeping you on Sheep.
It's not a very complex scum play to come in defending a mislynch to look good, especially one as lynchbaity as you.

My Day 1 case on sheep was explicitly based around his defense of you and how he didn't really seem to be pushing the defense in a way I thought a townie would. Reread my early ISO where I vote sheep, let me know if you have any questions on that.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (isolation #109) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

That wasn't really the point of my post
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (isolation #110) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Gamma, what is your sheep read right now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (isolation #111) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Out of Banakai/Psyche, I currently think Psyche is more likely to be scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (isolation #112) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think I read his interactions with you as townier than they actually are.

I need to talk to Gamma.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (isolation #113) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think Gamma/sheep/Psyche contains both scum I’m just not sure which two right now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (isolation #114) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 972, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: sheep
I’ll let this be my answer to “what is my sheep read” for now
Can you elaborate on what made you want to vote this over Psyche?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (isolation #115) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'd appreciate transparency about reads at this point because I don't actually think hiding things is going to create anything productive.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (isolation #116) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 996, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 989, Dannflor wrote:
In post 972, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: sheep
I’ll let this be my answer to “what is my sheep read” for now
Can you elaborate on what made you want to vote this over Psyche?
The truth is my current team guess is actually sheep/BS but I wanted to give them time to react before I jumped to a conclusion. When you asked about my read I still wasn’t ready to do full disclosure but I was willing to reveal half of it. I recall Pyrrha suggesting that team earlier and thinking about past interactions that team might actually be solid. And I kinda feel sheep has higher scum equity if that’s not the team too. I could definitely see a sheep/Psyche team.
What's your read on Banakai?

Mostly I'm curious what made you shift from "Psyche/Banakai" are the two scummiest slots to "Sheep/BS is my team guess."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (isolation #117) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 999, Dannflor wrote:Mostly I'm curious what made you shift from "Psyche/Banakai are the two scummiest slots" to "Sheep/BS is my team guess."
EBWOP
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #118) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 998, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:consensual bus
non-consensual bussers are scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (isolation #119) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Dannflor »

The problem is... I just played in Alisae vs. Pine, as a part of Pine's scum team, where the scum team basically all hard bussed each other from D1.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #120) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Although I do agree Pine's vote doesn't look super SvS
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (isolation #121) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm not satisfied with that explanation from Gamma, Pyrrha

I still want to know where his overall thoughts are, especially on Banakai

If possible, I'd love a reads list ranking his bottom reads
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (isolation #122) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I just think a person being generally "anti-bussing" doesn't mean they'll never bus. But, I'll drop it because I think you're probably right in this case anyway.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (isolation #123) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1010, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Where I’m at Dann, is the only way I would ever even consider lynching Gamma, is if the playerlist was you, me, Penguin and Gamma. This is never scum!Gamma here, so of course that is never happening.
That's fine! But I still need to try and sort him because I don't have as confident a read as you do.

And, unfortunately, because of the nature of the game mechanics, the playerlist is probably not gonna get thinned down until scum has enough douses to end the game. So a scenario with just the four of us alive is probably unlikely. As such, I want to be a little more conscientious about absolutely making sure there are no wolves in the town block you've created. I know you're already there, and I'll probably get there eventually too if you're right, I just need this process still.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (isolation #124) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Hmmmmmmmmmm maybe we should just lynch Psyche

That's two players now who have flaked out of the slot while posting elsewhere on the site
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (isolation #125) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1014, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1007, Dannflor wrote:I'm not satisfied with that explanation from Gamma, Pyrrha

I still want to know where his overall thoughts are, especially on Banakai

If possible, I'd love a reads list ranking his bottom reads
So just the scumreads?
Or everything if you can

I just wanna know where you're at holistically
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (isolation #126) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by Dannflor »

blahhhhhhh

I wish more people were playing
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (isolation #127) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm always down for memes
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (isolation #128) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Sorry about your last two days! Hope things pick up for you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (isolation #129) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Gamma, why do you scum read BS?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (isolation #130) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

i just want to solve this game like 1 2 3 EZ ta-da and impress RC is that too much to ask
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (isolation #131) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

oh wait
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (isolation #132) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

the scum team is gamma/sheep?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (isolation #133) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by Dannflor »

we're still lynching sheep today
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (isolation #134) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I prodded Gamma on who he wanted to lynch and he said that individually Banakai and Psyche were the two scummiest players (for rlly bad reasons imo)

And then once 2 votes go to sheep and even Pyrrha starts suspecting sheep as well Gamma formulates this really awkward explanation for his shift onto sheep because he has to bus here otherwise he never endgames

I don't think his shift here was natural at all and it was clearly pre-mediated

I think it's easy to town read the "I have scum reads but don't want to share them yet" because it looks like town trying to get information, but in this case I believe it's just Gamma trying to make his push look believable

I definitely don't think town!Gamma drops his pushes on Banakai or Psyche so easily—he defines them as "nebulous scum reads," and being widely scum read slots, keeps them in the much needed mislynch pool—nor does he go from softly shading sheep all game to having him as his #2 individual scum read.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (isolation #135) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It looks like a bus

of course that's a lot of pre-flip associatives to put stock in
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (isolation #136) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

So, can we please lynch sheep today

and then if I'm correct on him flipping red, I would like everyone to sheep me on Gamma

does lynching sheep give me sheeping powers
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (isolation #137) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Oh and then BS is still a scum read for some reason despite the read never really evolving past Page 5 and Gamma asks like one question of BS in an attempt to sort him

I don't really think there are very good reasons to scum read BS, but he's lynch baity so he has to be kept as a mislynch possibility by scum. He isn't playing to a scum agenda. In fact, very few players are specifically playing to keep mislynch pools open and stay alive/end game

The players most guilty of this are Gamma and sheep imo, call it conf bias but I don't really see the same qualities in Psyche at least

Something could be said for Banakai trying to disrupt the Pyrrha/Dann town block, but ehh, that's a less exciting scum read and he never endgames anyway so it doesn't matter
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (isolation #138) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

gamma sheep gamma sheep gamma sheep pls

This day has gone on for a long time and I want sheep to flip and see if I'm right

even if I'm conf biasing right now and totally wrong I don't think I'm gonna see it until I get at least one flip that I want, so I would request a sheep lynch today please

If I'm wrong I'll listen to the general consensus and stop trying to get fancy. But I really do think this is scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (isolation #139) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

And Pyrrha I know you're in never lynch Gamma mode, that's fine

but trust me on sheep at least

and then we'll go from there
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (isolation #140) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

ugh it's gonna be very embarrassing if I'm wrong

but I think I just need this flip at this point

and also Pyrrha, all 3 of your lock town reads suspect sheep, so that's gotta mean something
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (isolation #141) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

also if I'm wrong you'll get to lord it over me next day phase

won't that be fun
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (isolation #142) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think it would be a lot more effort to get it through over sheep
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (isolation #143) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1048, Gamma Emerald wrote:His attempts at contribution so far just feel like smoke and mirrors
Expand on this? Which contributions look like "smoke and mirrors" and why?

Don't you think scum!BS would be more likely to try and look like he's obviously contributing in a town way?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (isolation #144) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

hi
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (isolation #145) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1052, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Dann, this is so wrong. Gamma didn’t say anything I hadn’t previously posted. If he had misrepped me here, you don’t honestly think I would have 100% called him out on it?

I did make those posts he was referencing. He isn’t making anything up.
I have absolutely no clue what you're referencing here and I think you may have misread my post
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (isolation #146) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I wasn't implying that Gamma was lying about you saying that sheep/BS could be a team

I'm just saying that the transition of seeing that and it changing his reads is fake
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (isolation #147) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1055, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 1042, Dannflor wrote:And Pyrrha I know you're in never lynch Gamma mode, that's fine

but trust me on sheep at least

and then we'll go from there
There isn’t any reason to think Gamma’s scum. Do I need to requote those posts he was referencing?
literally not the reason I think Gamma is scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (isolation #148) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

im not interested in lynching gamma today

let's lynch sheep please
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (isolation #149) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1064, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:I would have hard vetoed GDGW mislynch
you wanted to lynch me if I hadn't been NKed
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (isolation #150) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

They are not good posts but I thought the second one was a response to pyrrha
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (isolation #151) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1083, eth0s wrote:One more thing. I think this phase should drag on a bit. Maybe an unsatisfying opinion but we've got 1 slot about to be replaced, probably 2. And a couple slots not really doing anything. I think we should milk this day a bit more. And definitely let the replacements get resolved.
I agree in theory

problem is no one seems that excited about doing anything
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (isolation #152) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

me too man

me too
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (isolation #153) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yeah I'm feeling sheep/psyche

can we lynch tho
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (isolation #154) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Dannflor »

I find it difficult to scum read Penguin for doing nothing when there's like four other slots who have done less than Penguin overall also doing nothing
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (isolation #155) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think scum have given up
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (isolation #156) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

imagine trying as scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (isolation #157) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

BS you should vote sheep or Psyche
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (isolation #158) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

imagine playing mafia
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (isolation #159) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

sheep if you come back please claim if you're FF

otherwise i guess we wait for replacement
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (isolation #160) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think Psyche goes tomorrow regardless of how this flips
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (isolation #161) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don't really feel bad about lynching here even if it does flip town

no one gave much of anything to work off of today besides Pyrrha and Gamma a little
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (isolation #162) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Okay. There's a very low probability that I die tonight given the mechanics of this game, but if it happens I would just like to state that I still really do strongly believe that Gamma has the best partner equity with sheep. If sheep flips red, I strongly recommend that Gamma is lynched before any possible LyLos—which means taking into account worst possible scenarios as far as the Firefighter is concerned. If sheep flips town and I die feel free to ignore my reads.

I probably don't die tonight because it would be fairly subpar play for scum to ignite after only one douse but just wanted to put that out there to cover for that slim risk.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (isolation #163) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Other reads:

Never lynch: Pyrrha, Banakai (I know don't @ me)

Town probably please don't lynch: Blatant Scum, Penguin

Lynch these!: Psyche, Gamma
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (isolation #164) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I have a lot of reasons to town read Banakai right now but the most convincing thing I can probably succinctly say is against the popular Psyche/Banakai solve.

If Psyche is red, I think his town read of Banakai wasn't him trying to town read his buddy but a TMI town read on lynch bait.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (isolation #165) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Dannflor »

But that's pending a town!sheep flip and like I said, probably just ignore me in that case. I'm paranoid about burning though because it means I don't get to post in the thread anymore unlike stumps.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (isolation #166) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by Dannflor »

:]
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (isolation #167) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

january, have you gotten a chance to read the game?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (isolation #168) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1164, eth0s wrote:Gamma/sheep team isnt a thing from the interactions I remember so I need to re sort
You're gonna have to elaborate on this because my solve has been sheep/Gamma for a good while now. I think their interactions definitely do make a Gamma/sheep team a probable thing and I will case this in its entirety later this day phase.

I've come back to town reading the Psyche slot over the night-break and I find both Blatant Scum and Penguin to be unlikely partners for sheep.

@january, do you mind expanding on your Banakai town read?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (isolation #169) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

That's actually a very interesting observation about Banakai.

For clarity, I definitely agree with your town read on him, I was just interested in how you came to that conclusion.

Right now, I feel like Gamma is the obvious choice for lynch just via PoE. But, I'm going to take the time to case him in full anyway because I think I'm the only one who was specifically reading him as a sheep buddy.

That'll come later tomorrow night or the day after though. Going to give some time for the thread to breathe and let people to start posting.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (isolation #170) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

actually, january, do you have any recent completed scum games?

I feel pretty confident your slot is town but I still must pay my dues
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (isolation #171) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

To be completely transparent, I town read Pyrrha for a large part of D1 as a way to keep the thread from blowing up and having meta with her. I was pretty paranoid of her then, I just think confronting her directly isn't the way to catch her. Since then I've grown to town read her simply through the sheer amount of effort she's putting into the game.

She's also since dropped a few tells that I think only town!her does.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (isolation #172) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1179, Dannflor wrote:I town read Pyrrha for a large part of D1 as a way to keep the thread from blowing up. I was pretty paranoid of her then, I just think confronting her directly isn't the way to catch her. Since then I've grown to town read her simply through the sheer amount of effort she's putting into the game.
EBWOP

I butchered that paragraph
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (isolation #173) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1185, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:I thought Pine was extremely scummy.
Pine had 2 posts...

And yeah I'm gonna case Gamma but not tonight
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (isolation #174) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I find Pyrrha will generally scum read anyone who scum reads her regardless of her alignment
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (isolation #175) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

Pyrrha, do you think you could stop calling people who scum read you WOAT? It’s kinda mean-spirited
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (isolation #176) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

well, I disagree
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (isolation #177) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

Anyway I think Banakai probably goes today

But I’m gonna think about it a little more
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (isolation #178) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

Me, wrong? pshhhhhh I would never
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (isolation #179) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: Banakai
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (isolation #180) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

The reasons I’ve been town reading Banakai are tonal and just taking a look at a scum game of his (albeit from 2015), I don’t think he’d have any trouble faking the tone he has this game as scum.

He was also my initial scum read after the eth0s wagon and I think my original reads are usually strongest—as seen with sheep.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (isolation #181) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

Pyrrha, the Firefighter only protects on the night they use their action. You can still be doused.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1344 (isolation #182) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1339, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:I apologize Dann, I don’t mean to take your head off here but your comment came across to me as sounding kind of condescending. If that wasn’t your intention at all, then I’m sorry.
It’s fine! It probably came off that way—wasn’t meant to.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (isolation #183) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

Banakai and sheep have the exact same reaction to the eth0s wagon:

“wtf he’s so scummy that he doesn’t make sense as scum what is he doing oh well guess we should lynch him anyway”
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1364 (isolation #184) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

Spoiler:
In post 399, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: bankai

will go through him again when im on a laptop
In post 502, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i still dislike banakai's iso

i think of everyone in the list he stands out as the most lacking in content/effort to advance the game or actual hard stances or reads
bs
pp gemma psyche
ethos banakai
In post 639, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: banakai

nothings changing about me

nancy and dann are still basically clear

Banakai, I’m curious why you didn’t once try to engage with sheep on his scum read on you? Especially considering he was your top town read
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1372 (isolation #185) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Dannflor »

OK, we can lynch Banakai now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (isolation #186) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Dannflor »

actually, january, I'm curious:

Can you read sheep's ISO for me and tell me who you think it implicates most?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (isolation #187) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Guys, I literally explained why scum!sheep would defend a town!BS on page 8 of the game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (isolation #188) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1409, january wrote:i'm trying to make you consider your reads more and not necessarily dissuading the bw (yet)
but i really feel like even if you're right on this, your reasoning for it isn't correct
I'm at like... 40% certainty rnow that Banakai will flip scum. Which is like, not terrible odds especially considering I don't have that strong a feeling about any other slot rnow (except maybe one) but I feel no where near as confident as I did on sheep. I certainly don't share Pyrrha's confidence.

I want to address the Penguin thing, but I'm curious what your full read on Penguin is first? I know you had BS quite a ways above Gamma in your reads list, how does Penguin relate to BS? What worries you about him?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (isolation #189) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

UNVOTE:

I don't think we necessarily need to ram a lynch through before the Thanksgiving weekend and I'd like to spend at least a little more time talking to january
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (isolation #190) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm sure we'll have a lot of mod related questions that need answering starting Thursday morning :)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (isolation #191) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Not really related to his play, more vote-count analysis, but I think it's important to note that Penguin was first to join the sheep wagon while the VC looked like this:

Spoiler:
In post 825, Plotinus wrote:
Official Vote Count 2.08

LynchingWith 8 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Psyche
(2): Banakai, Gamma Emerald
Banakai
(2): sheepsaysmeep, Blatant Scum
sheepsaysmeep
(1): Dannflor
Gamma Emerald
(1): Psyche

Not Voting
(2): Pyrrha Nikos, PenguinPower

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-27 13:15:00).

Mod notes:
:][/area]

It was also a naked vote and then he just kinda doesn't do anything for the rest of the day. Which, doesn't totally strike me as a bus? I mean it's possible he saw Pyrrha start to consider sheep as not-lock!town for the first time in the game and decided to hop on before momentum swung in that direction but... ehhhh

I'm not discounting Penguin completely but just idk what his game plan for winning beyond relying on Pyrrha's protection of him is as scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1447 (isolation #192) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Dannflor »

^

Penguin and January, what do you think of that post?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1450 (isolation #193) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1448, PenguinPower wrote:I feel that self voting is against wincon when you are town or the only scum left.
which do you think he is
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (isolation #194) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1452, january wrote:i can see this likely flipping town but now i'm obligated to vote him
january I am somewhat paranoid about your slot and honestly it's because you don't really have any scum reads

which is like mildly hypocritical of me but I'm also kinda waiting around for you to remedy that problem before the day ends
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (isolation #195) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1468, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:If Banaki really isn’t scum here, then someone has been playing me pretty good but I really really don’t think that.
I mean, not to be rude, but you did have sheep as a townlock for a fairly large portion of the game. Is this so impossible?

Who do you think it is if it doesn't end up being Banakai?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (isolation #196) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1472, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Any guesses as to who’s been playing me, in the extremely unlikely chance Banaki is town?
That was my question to you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (isolation #197) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

Penguin, what's your read on the january/Psyche slot?

January, I'm not ignoring your Penguin case but I'm taking my time with responding to it because it's a holiday weekend and I imagine the game is gonna be pretty dead anyway.

I think it's a good case despite my previously stated town lean on Penguin. I've for the most part been content to give him a pass because I haven't really had the emotional energy to fight Pyrrha on yet another town read of hers, and there have been other scummier slots up until now, but it's a slot worth looking at. Thanks for taking the time to case it, I'll have more to say later.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (isolation #198) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don’t think you sounded like that so no worries. :]