popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Undertale Semi-Open 1.1 - Snowdin Snowdown

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Uncommon RulesExperienced players are often tempted to skim the rules, so here are the rules most unique to popsofctown modding to be aware of.
  1. You must play to win the game. This is a common rule, but enforcement is uncommon.
  2. "Pretending to break a rule is the same as breaking a rule" is included in Common Rules below, but it is particularly important with this rule. It's allowed to claim you are not fighting to win quite as hard as you did last game, but you cannot claim not to be playing to your win at all, even as a tactic that you believe gets you closer to your win condition.
  3. The above two rules do not constitute a blanket ban on selfvoting or bussing, which often either furthers the wincondition, or in other cases is just a manner of conceding an unwinnable game to the other team.
  4. If you feel totally unable to play to your win condition due to personal conflicts with other players, please request replacement upon realizing this.
  5. This game is using a special rule that relates to hammer testing. When you make a vote, (this includes special votes), you can post,
    in bold
    I and all members of my faction that are known to me, VOTE: popsofctown and win the game
    . Do not name any other members of your faction. If you've made a mistake and voting together with any/all partners would not win you the game, it will be treated simply as a vote. If you haven't made a mistake, then you will perform votes on behalf of your teammates and win the game.
  6. The above rule does not work if you do not have the information required to know that it would win the game. For example, if you are Masons with a player and one scum remains among five players, you cannot cause your teammate to vote popsofctown with you. It would only work if you previously investigated popsofctown as guilty in an open setup.
  7. If there is no killing or sparing decision by the deadline, the mafia will be privately contacted to make a killing or sparing decision on behalf of the town.

Common RulesTemplated from singletonking, hoping for forgiveness over permission.
  1. All site-wide rules apply. In particular:
    No discussion of ongoing games is allowed

2. All standard rules of Mafia apply. This means:
    1. Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
    2. Do not quote private topics -
      Undertale Semi-Open : except you may quote the spare PT in pacifist endgames, and some neutral endgames.

3. Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
    4. Do not use encrypted text, small text, bright-coloured text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
    5. Do not use cryptography or other complex information hiding. If you hide information in a post, it must be based purely on the English letters in that post, without shifting them to different letters based on any kind of rule, and their significance must be left-to-right.
    6. Do not discuss this game outside this thread or PTs related to this game you have access to.
    7. Do not use provable randomness. This means no dice tags.
  3. Do not fake mod posts/edits.
  4. Pretending to break a rule is breaking a rule
  5. Once your death scene is posted, you may not post. No bah posts.
  6. Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As a rule of thumb, profane nouns or profane adjectives that describe player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
  7. Do not quote or copy/paste from any private thread into any other thread (including the main thread). Please paraphrase instead. However, it is permitted to copy anything from the main thread into any private threads.
  8. No set of rules can be complete. If you think something is wrong, please don't do it. Breaking the spirit of rules is also disallowed. Do not encourage others to break the rules either. If in doubt, please PM me.
  9. Breaching of rules will usually result in a warning initially, but depending on severity, may result in a force-replacement or modkill.
  10. During the course of the game I may add extra rules if necessary. These rule changes will be announced publicly.

Deadlines, Activity, and replacements
  1. Day start. Days will last N+2 days, where N is the number of players alive
    and unspared
    , but no greater than eleven days.
  2. When not otherwise stated, assume other lynchesque decisions will also follow this formula.
  3. Nights will last 48 hours.
  4. Prods will be issued if you do not post for 48 hours.
  5. If you get three or more prods, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours (or by PM if at Night), I will begin seeking for a replacement.
  6. If you expect to be unable to post for a while, please declare V/LA in thread. Should your V/LA be unreasonably long (>5 days), however, I strongly suggest you request replacement.
  7. You will still be prodded while on V/LA, but these will not count towards the above three prod limit. An official prod will be sent 24 hours after your V/LA ends if you haven't posted then.
  8. If a replacement happens at Night, deadline will be paused until a replacement is found.
  9. If you would like to replace out, please PM me. Do not publicly replace out, discuss about wanting to replace out, threaten to replace out, or persuade/dissuade others from replacing out for any reason other than activity. If you think the mods have not noticed an activity issue, you can PM me to take note of it, but I will not credit your -arguments- about whether the activity level is replaceworthy or not. You would just be drawing my attention to it.
  10. Once your replacement request is publicized, it is final. You must cease to post. Inquiries about possibly retaining the slot must be conducted by mod PM.
  11. Special Activity rules for Undertale SemiOpen: If you have been spared, you do not need to post as frequently, especially in the thread, where you are not allowed to post. However, you must post every 96 hours or you will be prodded, and have 72 hours to pick up your prod. At moderator discrection, Spared PT prods will usually not count for the three strikes rule.

Voting Rules
  1. To vote, use heal tags or hurt tags. HEAL: popsofctown, HURT: popsofctown. Guessing the final mafia in Pacifist core will use vote tags, VOTE: popsofctown. The other two routes will continue to use hurt tags.
  2. Abbreviations or misspellings in votes will be accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting for.
  3. Nicknames in votes will be accepted only if they fall into the above categories. Otherwise, nicknames based on other sources such as (but not limited to) avatars, titles and other accounts will not be accepted.
  4. You can remove your selection by healing or hurting the mod. The UNVOTE: tag will only work in the pacifist core. (I will be skimming the thread for reds and yellows.)
  5. A strict majority (more than half) of players is required to achieve a kill or sparing.
  6. Once majority is achieved, it is final, and the Day will end immediately with further votes and unvotes being invalid.
  7. I will do my best to ensure that each vote count is accurate. Check the vote counts. If I make a grave error I may reset all votes at my discretion.
  8. If there is no killing or sparing decision by the deadline, the mafia will be privately contacted to make a killing or sparing decision on behalf of the town.
Last edited by popsofctown on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The semi-open setup:

2 Mafia Goons

8 Vanilla Townies

1 Town Character

Each day, town must vote to
Fight
one player (HURT: ) or
Spare
one player (HEAL: ). Players may vote to spare themselves. (They may also vote to Fight themselves.) The mafia have a standard factional nightkill.

If a player is selected for
Fight
, they are essentially lynched.

If a player is
Spared
, their role is not revealed, and they are temporarily removed from the game (untargetable) and added to a separate Spared PT. They will rejoin the game when the
Core
is reached. If a mafia member is Spared, they may continue to talk in the mafia PT in addition to the Spared PT. Additionally, the mafia member can continue to perform kills.

Before and during all endings: if both mafia members die, town immediately wins. If both mafia members are
Spared
, mafia immediately wins.

The
Core
is reached immediately after the end of Day 4. At this point, one of three things will happen:

Pacifist Route:
If
Fight
was never used, the game enters the Pacifist Ending. If all four Spared players were town, town immediately wins. Otherwise, all players still in the game must vote to Spare a fifth player, after which all the non-Spared players are removed from the game without flipping, and the Spared players are returned to the game. Then all players in the game vote to decide who they think is mafia. If they vote correctly, they win, if they vote incorrectly, they immediately lose.

Neutral Route:
If at least one player was Spared and at least one player was Fought, the game enters the Neutral Ending. All Spared players rejoin the game, and the number of Spared mafia members (but not their identities) is revealed. The mafia get one kill on Night 4, plus one more if a mafia member was Spared. The game continues with the previous living players and the Spared players both alive. If at least one spared player is alive, the spared PT becomes public.

Genocide Route:
If no players were Spared, the game enters the Genocide Ending. There is no Night 4 factional nightkill. The game continues with no further change.

The possible Town Characters are:
  • Toriel: If
    Fight
    has not been used, Toriel can protect one other player each night. Toriel loses this ability if she is successful or if she is spared.
  • Papyrus: If
    Fight
    and
    Spare
    have each been used and Papyrus is unspared, Papyrus is an Even Night Cop.
  • Sans: On Night 3, if no player has been Spared, Sans may poison a player. The victim is not informed. The victim is unpoisoned if a player is
    Spared
    or the mafia reach parity. The player dies of poison the following night.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Tips on the SetupHere are some quick look observations about the implications of the mechanics in this setup. These observations were made before roles were assigned.
  1. Early claiming from the town power role is detrimental as all of them are vulnerable to a factional nightkill.
  2. Early crumbing as a town power role and, therefore, as a mafia goon, is potentially powerful.
  3. Any of the three roles can be fakeclaimed just as easily as the others due to the semiopen nature of the setup. It is better to counterclaim a roleclaim using the role that would best match your play throughout the game, rather than the one that correctly matches the subsetup.
  4. And last, but not least, note that Day4 of the pacifist route might be LyLo, and the mafia already know whether it's LyLo.
  5. Tip as of 1.1: Genocide and Pacifism have virtually identical "day 1 powersort" win percentages ignoring the PR, that is, sorting all players from towniest to scummiest, Fighting scummy people, sparing townie people, and factional nightkilling scummy people, has a similar identical outcome on both paths (only differ in the possibility for both mafia to both barely be towny enough to survive in Genocide)
  6. Tip as of 1.1: The spare PT provides a secret element to the game that is difficult for scum. It is possible for a player to spew scum or town in the spare PT, but for the mafia to not know this to inform their politics, until the core is reached and they return.
  7. Tip as of 1.1: You can "break" the setup by having the PR out themselves and immediately sparing the PR. It is possible to gain even more value from delaying this claim, though. The PR should likely evaluate their own nightkill equity.
  8. Tips are never added to this area after alignments have been rolled.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Every snowflake is different. It fills you with determination
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

Canonical playerlist: (order used for flavor reasons, potentially)

Nachomamma8
Elements
chennisden
mastina
Ginngie
Xayah
Oversoul
Rakan
Wisdom
Chemist1422
Nymph
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

The mod didn't get to creation of a "zero votes" votecount, so you'll receive your first votecount sometime later. But the game has started.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

Snow is peacefully drifting onto the monsters in Snowdin Forest. Some of them have come to the forest from other regions, but all are having fun. It's the end of the year, when the snow is colder and it's easier to fashion the snow into hats, or make snow angels, etch images, make snow forts, or have snowball fights.
Indeed, there are a number of diversions available from the snow. Some of the monsters even occasionally play Snow Golf, since there's a mysteriously regenerating golf ball available for that. One of the monsters is even making a fort out of snow blocks.

The monsters will all have the most fun if they pick a game to play together, though. Whether it's cooperative or combative, the more the merrier. It is up to them to decide how to spend this wintry season.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

Games must be played by (expired on 2019-10-17 17:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.0
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

mastina --------
(1)
Ginngie

Ginngie -

Xayah -

Oversoul ------
(1)
Elements

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (6) Nachomamma8, chennisden, mastina, Xayah, Oversoul, Chemist1422

Fight Votecount 1.0
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(1)
Oversoul

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina -

Ginngie -------
(1)
Rakan

Xayah -

Oversoul ----
(1)
Xayah

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (7) Nachomamma8, chennisden, mastina, Ginngie, Wisdom, Chemist1422, Nymph

<3<3<3<3<3

<X<X<X<X

Modnote: Using playerlist order for VCs rather than vote sequence, this game. I will try to provide frequent enough VCs that this isn't a disservice

(expired on 2019-10-17 17:06:42)
Last edited by popsofctown on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

On second thought, votecount frequency cannot in and of itself offset VCs presenting an ordered wagon. I will adjust VC 1.0 and present participation-ordered voting lists in the future.
Thanks to all players tolerating sophomore modding
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The monsters use sticks to draw lines in the snow, leaving a magnificent set of squares in the center of the clearing.
But they cannot decide whether to use them as boundaries for foursquare or dodgeball.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.1
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----

mastina --------
(1)
Ginngie

Ginngie -

Xayah -

Oversoul ------
(1)
Elements

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (6) Nachomamma8, chennisden, mastina, Xayah, Oversoul, Chemist1422

Fight Votecount 1.1
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(1)
Oversoul

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina -

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul ----
(3)
Rakan, Xayah, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (6) Nachomamma8, chennisden, mastina, Wisdom, Chemist1422, Nymph

<3<3<3<3<3

<X<X<X<X<X

One of the monsters asks to borrow one of the drawing sticks. But it is used to become a snowman's arm. The snowman comes to life, but begins dancing belligerently.
No one is happy with this.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.2
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----

mastina --------
(1)
Ginngie

Ginngie -

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom --------
(2)
Elements, Oversoul

Chemist1422 -
(1)
chennisden

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (4) Nachomamma8, mastina, Xayah, Chemist1422

Fight Votecount 1.2
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(1)
Oversoul

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina -

Ginngie -------
(1)
Nymph

Xayah -

Oversoul ----
(3)
Rakan, Xayah, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (5) Nachomamma8, chennisden, mastina, Wisdom, Chemist1422

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

<X<X<X<X<X<X

One of the monsters tries to bribe all the others to pick its favorite game by handing out free Nice Cream. This doesn't work very well. The monsters do not wish to eat Nice Cream when they are already cold.

With eleven alive, it takes six votes on one option to make a decision

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

Modnote : If anyone is playing mobile only, which generates a standing bug with black spoiler on ms.net, and if you can't remedy that enough by trying out mafblack or something, let me know so I can make the votecounts more accommodating.

Spoiler+color is being used to help communicate the distinction between the war and peace sides of the votecount because on PCs spoiler is the best way to guarantee any give colored text will be compatible with the unknown forum skin the user is using.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----

mastina --------
(1)
Ginngie

Ginngie -

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom --------
(1)
Elements

Chemist1422 -
(2)
chennisden, Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (4) Nachomamma8, mastina, Xayah, Chemist1422

Fight Votecount 1.3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina -

Ginngie -------
(1)
Nymph

Xayah -

Oversoul ----
(3)
Rakan, Xayah, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (4) Nachomamma8, chennisden, mastina, Wisdom

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Some of the monsters speculate on whether Ice Golf could be made more violent with additional snowballs and dodgeball rules. The most peaceful among the monsters simply want the colored flag at the end removed, because they feel so sad when they win at Ice Golf but get the flag that awards the lowest possible score.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.4
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(1)
Chemist1422

mastina --------
(1)
Ginngie

Ginngie -

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom --------
(2)
Elements, Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -
(2)
chennisden, Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (2) mastina, Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina -

Ginngie -------
(1)
Nymph

Xayah -

Oversoul ----
(3)
Rakan, Xayah, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Nachomamma8 insists that everyone should play foursquare, and that it should not be played strictly with only four squares, that the monsters should be open to playing with as many 11 squares. Also, that when the ball goes out of bounds, everyone should score points. Using only four squares is a restricting concept from the establishment.

Modnote: I may expose players' pre-alignment roles as in this post, but obviously never a post-alignment role. Pre-alignment roles are their substitute in flavor.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Snowmen just want to see the world
Last edited by popsofctown on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.5
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(2)
Chemist1422, mastina

mastina --------
(1)
Ginngie

Ginngie -

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom --------
(2)
Elements, Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -
(2)
chennisden, Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (1) Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.5
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina -

Ginngie -------
(1)
Nymph

Xayah -

Oversoul ----
(3)
Rakan, Xayah, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Ginngie is partial to either a snowball fight or foursquare. He points out that if Snowdin had more leadership they would be playing something already. He doesn't seem to mind though.

Last edited by popsofctown on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.6
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(2)
Chemist1422, mastina

mastina --------
(1)
Ginngie

Ginngie -

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom --------
(2)
Elements, Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -
(2)
chennisden, Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (1) Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.6
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina -

Ginngie -------
(1)
Nymph

Xayah -

Oversoul -----
(3)
Rakan, Xayah, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422-
(1)
Nachomamma8

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (3) chennisden, mastina, Wisdom

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Nachomamma8 warms up to the idea of a rowdier game. Especially once Ginngie points out the community's lack of leadership. "We could play snowball soccer with no yellow and red cards! Only Joker cards! If you trip somebody, you're the real joker! Rebel both against organized sports and poker!!" Momentarily, in hopes that everyone will agree to his game, Nachomamma8 pretends to be unable to fly, as though perhaps he could be tripped.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.7
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(2)
Chemist1422, mastina

mastina --------

Ginngie --------
(1)
Ginngie

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom --------
(2)
Elements, Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -
(2)
chennisden, Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (1) Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.7
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(1)
Elements

mastina ------
(1)
Nymph

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul -----
(3)
Rakan, Xayah, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422-
(1)
Nachomamma8

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (3) chennisden, mastina, Wisdom

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Chemist1422 likes the idea of a rowdy game of kick-around-the-snow-orb. "I'm really good at aiming orbs. I agree on no rules, except that you can't use your hands." This doesn't seem particularly fair as Chemist1422 doesn't have any hands, but he begins grinning and tossing snowballs between two evenly spaced trees without touching them. "Eh heh heh" He demonstrates his more violent intents when one of the snowballs pegs a bird's nest.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.8
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(3)
Chemist1422, mastina, chennisden

mastina --------

Ginngie --------
(1)
Ginngie

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(2)
Wisdom, Nymph

Wisdom --------
(2)
Elements, Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -
(1)
Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (1) Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.8
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(2)
Elements, Nymph

mastina ------

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul -----
(2)
Rakan, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422-
(2)
Nachomamma8, Xayah

Nymph -------
(1)
chennisden

Not Fighting:
- (2) mastina, Wisdom

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Ginngie starts to question how fun snow soccer would be, given that it is a team game and there is not much leadership. Perhaps a free-for-all snowball fight or a snow angel making contest would work better. Provided that everyone is ok with his snow angel submission having no lower body.
Is that because yet another one of the monsters is not reliant on legs???
Not at all.
The snow is very cold.
And Ginngie is not wearing pants.

Last edited by popsofctown on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 484, Ginngie wrote:
In post 481, popsofctown wrote:And Ginngie is not wearing pants.
when am I allowed to quote games in my sig
You may not put quotes from ongoing games into your signature until after the moderator posts the game-outcome post for that game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ballet Shoes
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.9
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(3)
Chemist1422, mastina, chennisden

mastina --------

Ginngie --------
(1)
Ginngie

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(3)
Wisdom, Nymph, Elements

Wisdom --------
(1)
Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -
(1)
Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (1) Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.9
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(2)
Elements, Nymph

mastina ------

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul -----
(2)
Rakan, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422-
(2)
Nachomamma8, Xayah

Nymph -------
(1)
chennisden

Not Fighting:
- (2) mastina, Wisdom

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Nymph is not particularly interested in a snow angel contest. They would prefer a hike if the group picks out a peaceful activity, or perhaps hide and seek with no chasing down from the seeker, just peaceful "you got me"s. It's not particularly important that Nymph be able to win, but snow angels would be rather difficult for them to play at at all. It is one thing for Ginngie to skip the snow angel's skirt. But an angel's wings are the iconic element, and Nymph does not have arms.
"I think a free-for-all snowball fight sounds fun. Or, even better, Xayah versus everyone else. And I would love to just watch." Nymph hopes the monsters will jump at the opportunity to play such a lopsided game. But Nymph is positive it's lopsided the
other
way.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.10
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------
(1)
Rakan

chennisden ----
(2)
Chemist1422, mastina

mastina --------

Ginngie --------
(1)
Ginngie

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(4)
Wisdom, Nymph, Elements, chennisden

Wisdom --------
(1)
Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -
(1)
Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (1) Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.10
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(2)
Elements, Nymph

mastina ------

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul -----
(2)
Rakan, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422-
(2)
Nachomamma8, Xayah

Nymph -------
(1)
chennisden

Not Fighting:
- (2) mastina, Wisdom

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Nymph gets bored, and begins to sing a song they heard as they passed through a tunnel, once upon a time.
Their voice is mostly in tune. They dance a little bit with a slight kick of their feet, but not so much that they trip, as that has happened enough times today trying to run.
Nymph ends their last verse on an unfinished rhyme, hoping to start a chorus amongst the others. It doesn't work. They contemplate a rap battle instead.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 1.<3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

chennisden ----
(2)
Chemist1422, mastina

mastina --------

Ginngie --------
(1)
Ginngie

Xayah -

Oversoul ------

Rakan ----------
(4)
Wisdom, Nymph, Elements, chennisden, Rakan, Oversoul

Wisdom --------
(1)
Nachomamma8

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (1) Xayah

Fight Votecount 1.</3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----
(2)
Oversoul, Chemist1422

chennisden ---
(2)
Elements, Nymph

mastina ------

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul -----
(2)
Rakan, Ginngie

Rakan -

Wisdom -

Chemist1422-
(2)
Nachomamma8, Xayah

Nymph -------
(1)
chennisden

Not Fighting:
- (2) mastina, Wisdom

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>3>

Oversoul does not sing along to Nymph's song, but it inspires him with the spirit of dance. He engages in whimsier and whimsier loop-de-loops, barrel rolls, and tumbles in the air as he tries to match his maneuvers to each of their notes. He does this even though there are snow-covered trees all around, and he can't see that well. Naturally, he collides with one of the trees pretty soon, tumbling into the foliage.

When he does, he finds instead of falling all the way to the forest floor, he is caught in an intersection where several branches have converged, and they've even frozen together to become even stronger.
"Oooooooh!"
"EVERYONE!" he yells. Everyone who hears him immediately turns. That is to say nobody turns. Oversoul is rather small. He flies down closer so they can hear.
"Everyone! I found the perfect place for a treehouse and it's so cool and we could decorate it and make stairs and make walls to make it like a snowbase but we should do like a password but everyone cool can be given the password and Nachomamma8 can make everyone who's not cool become cool and if we do this we'll have it forever!"
Most everybody is excited about the peaceful enterprise. Many of the monsters frustrated at indecision seem relieved about having a rather unified path forward.
"There's only room for one person up there right now, while they work on spreading out the floor and making more room, everyone else can work on the walls and ladder. Who volunteers?"
Several monsters seem excited about volunteering. Rakan seems the least excited, acting anxious about the idea of responsibility and having a chance to mess something up.
"Rakan!" Oversoul exclaims happily. Oversoul and the other flying monsters ferry Rakan's compliant but sweaty body up to the nook in the trees Oversoul discovered, followed by second and third trips for tools and a sleeping bag.

By the time they were through, it was getting late, so the monsters all went home to sleep for the night.

Rakan has been
spared

Please submit any night actions by PM or PT

(expired on 2019-10-17 21:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In addition to the tools Rakan had needed to work on expanding the treehouse, there were several other tools and objects that had been pulled out of the shed, but for various reasons the monsters had decided not to bring them over to the forest, at least not yet. One of these was a metal flagpole, with no flag on it yet.
In the morning, several of the monsters noticed it had moved since they'd all gone to sleep. They followed two sets of prints, one rather small, one set of prints rather ugly, and found they led down to the river.
Hoisted up to halfmast was a flag made entirely out of red licorice, a particular monster's favorite candy.
A long tongue was stuck to the cold pole, just missing the flag by a couple inches, as though someone had hoisted the licorice higher at the last second. Dangling from the pole was chennisden's frozen, immobile body, fully submerged in the deadly cold river, because someone had planted the flag into the riverbed.
Spoiler: Role PM
You are
Froggit, a Vanilla Townie
Your flavor has no game impact. Your primary powers are your voice and your vote.
To confirm, tell me your rolename, and acknowledge that the mafia have daytalk (as they do).

Froggit was the first one to teach us all about the power of love, about how we can spare
[/spoiler]
"NOOOO!" Oversoul cried. He flew up and detached the tongue using Grillby's warm handkerchief and fished chennisden out of the river, but it was clearly too late, his body stayed as still as a statue no matter how much warmer he became.

The monsters eyed each other, wondering who in town would commit such a deadly prank.
Would chennisden want everyone to find justice for his loss?
Or would he want everyone to finish the treehouse, in his honor?
The monsters share their opinions, about what they should do..
----------------------------------------------------------------------
With nine alive, it takes five votes to make a decision.
(expired on 2019-10-28 21:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 2.0
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Ginngie -

Xayah ---------
(1)
Xayah

Oversoul ------

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -
(2)
Elements, Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (6) Nachomamma8, mastina, Ginngie, Wisdom, Chemist1422, Nymph

Fight Votecount 2.0
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----

chennisden ---

mastina -
(2)
Nymph, Nachomamma8

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (7) Elements, mastina, Ginngie, Xayah, Oversoul, Wisdom, Chemist1422

<3<3<3

3>3>

Ginngie is rather hesitant about deciding on anything. "It doesn't make any sense to debate or argue until we have the most accurate set of facts. I don't think we should do anything until we create an investigative committee and conclude a preliminary inquiry. "
No one seems to understand what that means, and the monsters argue past Ginngie while he stands in the middle. A cacophonous din of raised voices argue about punishing someone for chennisden's death, the risk of harming the wrong person, the idea of protecting the evildoer's next potential victim, and the wisdom of continuing to build the treehouse.
"Welp," Ginngie mumbles. "Thaaaaaaat's politics!"

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 592, mastina wrote:Okay Ginngie absolute fuck you.
In post 0, popsofctown wrote: [*]Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As a rule of thumb, profane nouns or profane adjectives that describe a player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
This is a warning for the highlighted quote.
No other component of recent posting is problematic or part of the warning.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 2.1
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Ginngie -------
(1)
Wisdom

Xayah ---------
(1)
Xayah

Oversoul ------

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -
(2)
Elements, Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (5) Nachomamma8, mastina, Ginngie, Chemist1422, Nymph

Fight Votecount 2.1
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----

chennisden ---

mastina -
(3)
Nymph, Nachomamma8, Elements

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (6) mastina, Ginngie, Xayah, Oversoul, Wisdom, Chemist1422

<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>

Wisdom has trouble understanding what happened to chennisden, although he hears from the others that chennisden is definitely dead, and had seen his body bobbing in the water. Why would chennisden be in the water, though?
But then the breeze picks up, and the licorice flag becomes visible to Wisdom as it waves and flaps in the wind. It looks like a delicious treat, and Wisdom had always shared chennisden's love of sweets, so he understood how that could have led to a fatal mistake.
"chennisden died seeking joy and happiness. I bet he was even going to share the rest of the candy with us. I don't think it makes sense for us to hurt or fight each other afterwards. Why don't we work together to build a safe place where we can eat desserts without risk of harm?" Wisdom collects a couple more tools he thinks Rakan would find useful in the trees.

Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 2.2
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Ginngie -------
(3)
Wisdom, Xayah, Nymph

Xayah ---------

Oversoul ------

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -
(1)
Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (5) Nachomamma8, mastina, Ginngie, Chemist1422, Elements

Fight Votecount 2.2
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----

chennisden ---

mastina -
(2)
Nymph, Nachomamma8

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (7) mastina, Ginngie, Xayah, Oversoul, Wisdom, Chemist1422, Elements

<3<3<3<3

3>3>

Ginngie leaned against the hinge of the door of the shed, using the weight of his heavy body to keep Wisdom from getting any more of the tools he wanted for expanding the treehouse. He kept still. He was very uncomfortable with anyone acting rashly, especially Wisdom, given Wisdom's... condition. Wisdom felt the padlock on the door to confirm it was unlocked, then pulled to try to open it. It didn't move. Wisdom felt the padlock on the door to confirm it was unlocked, then pulled to try to open it. It didn't move. Wisdom felt the padlock on the door to confirm it was unlocked, then pulled to try to open it. It didn't move.
"I'm going to go find Ginngie, he is definitely strong enough to open this door," Wisdom thought aloud. When Wisdom walked back towards the town square to look for Ginngie, his tail actually lightly brushed against Ginngie's knees, just before Ginngie sighed in relief and returned to a standing posture.

With nine in town, it takes five to make a decision.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ginngie has been spared, night actions will deadline 48 hours from the timestamp of this post rather than when I have time to post final vc.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 2.<3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Ginngie -------
(5)
Wisdom, Xayah, Nymph, Elements, Ginngie

Xayah ---------

Oversoul ------

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -
(1)
Oversoul

Nymph -

Not sparing:
- (3) Nachomamma8, mastina, Chemist1422

Fight Votecount 2.<3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements -----

chennisden ---

mastina -
(2)
Nymph, Nachomamma8

Ginngie -------

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Nymph -

Not Fighting:
- (7) mastina, Ginngie, Xayah, Oversoul, Wisdom, Chemist1422, Elements

<3<3<3<3<3<3

3>3>

Elements floated around, his shadow covering half of the toolshed. He watched Wisdom try to get into the barn, but get foiled by Ginngie's obstruction.
Hm
Wisdom returned to the town square looking for Ginngie, waving in every direction in hopes of finding him more quickly, but finding other friendly monsters instead.
Elements decided it seemed altogether tedious and inefficient for things to be brought to and from the toolshed. No matter what they brought out from the toolshed, wouldn't they just think of something else that could be useful?

Ginngie surreptitiously looked both ways once Wisdom was gone, then went into the toolshed and locked it. He dropped the key in the middle of the toolshed, then planned to crawl out the window to go meet Wisdom in the town square. Ginngie was far from spry, though, and had to slowly begin stacking boxes near the window so that he could climb out.

When his stack had reached one box high, Ginngie heard a loud creaking sound and felt the force of gravity double. All four walls buckled slightly inward, and the window was blanketed in blackness.

"SSSsssssssHhhhHHhHhh," intoned Elements, as he lifted the entire toolshed over the town, and drifted over towards the canopy hideaway.
In little time, he found a flattened section in the boughs where Rakan had managed to make more room, and he set the toolshed down onto it, leaving it to Rakan and Ginngie to hammer the building down. Elements grinned. It was a bit of a cheating headstart, but now a building was part of the project already, and it could truly be called a treehouse.

Ginngie has been
spared
[/b][/area]

Night actions by: (expired on 2019-10-22 20:16:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Mod V/LA from the 24th through the 29th. More infrequent votecounts, and reduced flavor.
HURT: popsofctown
will not restore previous modding quality, only forcible extradition back to Snowdin Village can achieve this.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Elements glided out from his cave in the morning, looking forward to another day of spirited discussion of the matters at hand. Everyone would have good arguments. But Elements would have the best arguments.

He drifted towards the holiday tree in the town square, which had already been decorated weeks ago. But there was an opened gift box lying next to it. The corners of the box were almost destroyed, as if it had been opened rapidly and excitedly.

Without moving closer - Elements had the most excellent eyesight - he looked to view the gift. It was a wool long-sleeved shirt, featuring colorful stripes that a certain member of the town favored. The recipient was already wearing it. That's right: it was winter, and they were wearing a long sleeved wool shirt, in their favorite color, in their favorite pattern. So Elements immediately knew something was wrong.

Their skin was blackened and cracked from frostbite, and their lifeless eyes stared upwards toward the sky. Elements figured out what happened without discovering the bucket beneath the holiday tree, because the sleeves of the shirt were of a lighter color than the rest of the shirt. Because they hadn't been drenched. Because that wasn't necessary.

Clothes soaked in icy water are harmless to most monsters, because most monsters can undress whenever they like, without their parents' help. But when Nymph discovered the shirt had two more sleeves than they needed after accepting help trying it on, the gift had already became impossible to return, and the dousing of freezing river water had made the gift deadly.
Spoiler: Nymph Role PM
You are
Monster Kid, Vanilla Townie

Your flavor has no game impact. Your primary powers are your voice and your vote.
To confirm, tell me your rolename, and acknowledge that the mafia have daytalk (as they do).

Check: "Looks like free EXP". Is it really, though?

[/spoiler]
Elements had no eloquent thoughts, but let out a long, mournful bellow, not unlike a whale, that would awaken all of Snowdin Village with the knowledge that something very sad had happened.
Who would twist gift-giving this way? Should the townies ferret out the culprits and collectively grant them a gift of "equal" value? Or should they hasten with work on the treehouse in hopes that stranger danger may never climb its ladder?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With seven alive and unspared, it takes four to make a decision.
(expired on 2019-10-31 21:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 734, Nachomamma8 wrote:Had to reread flavor a couple of times to realize that Elements wasn't dead.
Both Nymph and Nymph's flavor are they/them pronouns, while Elements is he/him and Elements' flavor is it/its. If that makes any further rereads more pleasant.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 3.0
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Xayah ---------

Oversoul ------
(2)
Oversoul, Nachomamma8

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Not sparing:
- (5) Elements, mastina, Xayah, Wisdom, Chemist1422

Fight Votecount 3.0
Nachomamma8 -
(2)
Wisdom, Elements

Elements -----

mastina -

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (5) Nachomamma8, mastina, Xayah, Wisdom, Chemist1422

<3<3

3>3>

Nachomamma8 slowly shook his head as he looked straight down. It was too hard to look at Nymph's lifeless body.
"I was gonna make them a shirt as a present. It wouldn't even have sleeveholes. It was gonna break all the rules. I was gonna bust Nymph out of detention to give it to them too."
"It's hard to spend so much time looking for snowdrake when the friends I'm in touch with are dropping like FLIES."
In an usually fitful burst, Nachomamma8 roundhouse kicked the holiday tree, exposing the hefty wooden bucket beneath it. The water crystallized along the rim may as well have been tinged with blood.
"They wouldn't want us to fight though! They'd want us to make sure this never happened again! Nymph was always known for their dreams, nothing was too far to them! So how can we say building a stronghold is too far for us, because we've gotta be a bunch of squabblers? HUHH!?"
He drove his fist into the earth in front of him, but since his fist was much more of a wingtip and was very soft, it failed to make any sort of dramatic sound. "Go get some saws from my place. Let's start working on a ladder. With mouthholds for accessibility."
There's wasn't anyone still alive who would require that accommodation, but nobody seemed in a hurry to point that out at that particular moment.

With seven alive and unspared, it takes four to make a decision.
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Spoiler: Error VC
Spare Votecount 3.<3
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Xayah ---------

Oversoul ------
(4)
Oversoul, Nachomamma8, mastina, Xayah

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Not sparing:
- (3) Elements, Wisdom, Chemist1422

Fight Votecount 3.<3
Nachomamma8 -
(2)
Wisdom, Elements

Elements -----

mastina -

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (5) Nachomamma8, mastina, Xayah, Wisdom, Chemist1422

<3<3<3<3

3>3>

While Nachomamma8 was monologuing, Xayah was sitting on the ground and polishing Oversoul's armor using one of Grillby's rags. Xayah was the only one around who wore armor, so she knew about its maintenance and care, and so she helped Oversoul from time to time this way. Oversoul wasn't one of Xayah's adoring fans, but perhaps that was somehow what earned him the favoritism.
As Nachomamma8's rant continued, he began cursing Nymph's murder for being cowardly, for targeting someone small and weak who couldn't fight back, and for harming someone so innocent. Xayah felt goosebumps spread across her gills as she looked at the littlest knight she'd ever met. Yeah, Nymph was small. Chennisden had been small too..
"Hey, Oversoul. You're still a fan of that treehouse place, right?"
Oversoul nodded so vigorously his helmet clanked and jangled, falling into a position where he could no longer see.
"We can eat fruit snacks and Ginngie will make us parlor mints and we can throw parties and it's so high it's like a lookout and every night will be a slumber party and maybe some birds will sing us songs and we can sing along and we could have just enough room to make a foursquare court and Chemist1422 can provide us balls to use and on Tuesdays we can have Nice Cream parties except on a Tuesday when it's too cold-"
Xayah hurled a spear that she hooked along the back of Oversoul's armor with all her strength, and watched it sail across the sky. The other monsters heard the
whizz
as she let loose, but were too late to stop her. When the knight-and-spear finally landed in the trees nearly a mile away, a cloud of leaves fluttered and marked where Oversoul had landed.
Every monster opened their mouth to comment, then every monster shut their mouth before making a comment, knowing better than to question the leader of the Royal Guard.

Oversoul has been
spared
[/area][/b]

Night actions are due in:
(expired on 2019-10-25 19:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 3.2
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Xayah ---------

Oversoul ------
(3)
Oversoul, Nachomamma8, mastina

Wisdom -
(1)
Xayah

Chemist1422 -

Not sparing:

Fight Votecount 3.2
Nachomamma8 -
(3)
Wisdom, Elements, Xayah,

Elements -----

mastina -

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (5) mastina, Nachomamma8, Wisdom, Chemist1422

<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>

Last edited by popsofctown on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The erroneous VC for
Whimsicott
Oversoul should only heighten awareness of L-1 rather than diminish it, so votes will not be reset
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The thread is locked for an undisclosed reason (unrelated to "Error VC").
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

the worst has been added as a Backup Mod
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 3.3>
Nachomamma8 -

Elements ------

mastina --------

Xayah ---------

Oversoul ------
(3)
Oversoul, Nachomamma8, mastina

Wisdom --------
(1)
Xayah

Chemist1422 -

Not sparing:

Fight Votecount 3.3>
Nachomamma8 -
(4)
Wisdom, Elements, Xayah, Chemist1422

Elements -----

mastina -

Xayah -

Oversoul ----

Wisdom -

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (3) mastina, Nachomamma8, Wisdom

Chemist1422 floated behind Nachomamma8 as Nachomamma8 kept ranting and screaming, crying for unity and mercy in the face of Nymph's death. The toothy Chemist1422 cocked his head left and cocked his head right, assessing Nachomamma8's behavior.

He began to use his orbs to write messages in the air that the other monsters could see, right behind Nachomamma8.
Theatrics

Guilt

Short sleeves are "in" this year, remember how he wants to rebel against everything? How did I get so much better with skywriting lately, by the bye?"

The other monsters slowly nodded at each of his points. Nachomamma8 thought they were nodding at him, and grew more and more excited with his tirade. "..and let me tell you about overdue book fees! They play a big part in this too!.."
Chemist took the orbs and pulled them together into a heated, energetic mass, shaped like an angel, holding it just behind Nachomamma8.
At his cue, all the monsters pushed an unuspecting Nachomamma8 into the heat in synch, killing him on the spot. Yet when his charred body fell onto the ground, his wing brushed against the bucket, and every single feather stuck conspicuously to the vessel. Wait.. how could he have done it, then?
Spoiler: Nachomamma8 Role PM
You are
Chilldrake, Vanilla Townie

You brought some friends along, cool guy. Because friendship is the only thing more important than rebelling.

Nachomamma8 has been
fought.

<3<3<3<3

3>3>3>3>

(expired on 2019-10-25 23:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

Everyone showed up to the town square in the morning, ready to argue about what to do next. Those who had insisted that working on the treehouse further was still an option had materials in hand; others had balled fists.
Everyone noticed something was different about the holiday tree. It had been decorated differently. Some of its former ornaments had been removed, and instead had been replaced with tiny grey triangles.
"That's weird."
"That's not very cheery."
"Pretty ugly."
Chemist1422 noticed that a comment seemed to be missing, from someone who rather enjoyed the holiday tree. But he was pretty sure he knew the problem. He frontflipped towards the tree and gave it a swift kick, causing the triangle ornaments to shake and sway.
But there was still no low pitched, growling complaint about how ugly they were. Chemist1422 looked around, and found someone was missing.
Chemist1422 got goosebumps, and began to float towards the missing monster's home, dropping tiny orbs like breadcrumbs encouraging the others to follow.
When he opened the door to his home, he saw a ghastly sight: on the bed Wisdom slept on every night, huge gray spikes had been placed and Wisdom was impaled on them.

Spoiler: Wisdom role PM
You are
Doggo, a Vanilla Townie

If you can't solve the riddle right in front of you.. it might kill you

"The spikes... Weren't moving..." Chemist1422 mused.
"Clearly violence begets more violence."
"No, the only thing we did wrong is going after the wrong person."
All the monsters were gesturing and arguing, and Wisdom's lifeless eyes were looking right at them. But Wisdom saw nothing. But this time, it was because it was Wisdom who was perfectly still.

With five alive and unspared, it takes three votes to make a decision.

(expired on 2019-11-01 23:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

Belated flavor in VC
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

Sea Tea
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Glamburger
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

A hammer was not reached by deadline.
The game is paused for the deadline outcome described in the OP.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

If there is no killing or sparing decision by the deadline, the mafia will be privately contacted to make a killing or sparing decision on behalf of the town.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

I will give the mafia 48 hours to make this decision.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (isolation #50) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A mysterious figure approaches Xayah, and asks her to duel, handing her a spear and taking one for itself.
"Come oooooooooon..... it will be fuuuuuuuun. Let's ignore the arguments, just for a little while."
Xayah could put off the discussion a little while to play with a mysterious new friend, as long as they made a decision sooner or later, right?
She relished the challenge, flashing a grin at her sparring partner and excited for the opportunity to hone skills that had been atrophying lately.
"Let's dance!"
But the mysterious figure did not bring their A game or their B game, just their J game.

Xayah was infuriated. So infuriated she began to fire massive-offcanon spears from her arms until the force pushed her back into the trees, where she landed at the clearing in the trees where Rakan and Ginngie were.

Xayah has been
spared.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The thousands upon thousands of spears themselves actually made a bridge, with metal spears fused into each other in a lattice forming a strange walkway. The monsters last need for the treehouse had been a ladder, of some kind. After the monsters spent some time gathering a few more items, and packing all their belongings they walked along the walkway until they reached the treehouse to see the three first denizens of the treehouse.

Rakan excitedly greeted them all and explained what would make the treehouse the very most safe.

"This is Metatron 3.0. He can kill anything that moves, but has to stop if it's a monster, because of the safety chip in his head. I made him two years ago and forgot about him, but we fetched him from the lab once we had enough people to carry him." Rakan patted the large square robot on the head as he turned on the power switch on the front. Its screen slowly came to life as it booted up.
"Let me show you the safety chip, I made it look like a heart! It's so cute!" Rakan added. Rakan turned the robot around and showed an empty heart shaped indent in the back of the robot's body.
Metatron 3.0 pushed everyone back away from itself, and held its hand protectively over its power switch.

"
READY TO KILL. TIS THE SEASON.
"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The core has been reached. Similar to the previous game, Xayah is spared but spends 0.01 seconds in the spared PT before leaving the spared PT, so she will never be able to post in the spared PT, only read a locked archive.
It is now Night 4, night actions are due in 48 hours (mafia don't get additional time for the additional kill): (expired on 2019-11-05 20:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (isolation #54) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

An opening in Metatron 3.0's mouth emerged, and it pulled what looked like an aluminum baseball bat out of it. But implanted in the tip was a pink, metal, heartshaped device, with ripped wires dangling frayed from it.
"A GIFT.
FROM MY TRUEST LOVE. AFTER OUR WEDDING WE SHALL HONEYMOON HERE ALONE."
Metatron 3.0 swung its arm in a piston-like motion to punch a heartshaped hole in the door of the toolshed, using the bat.
"ALONE. ALONE. ALONE. ALONE."
Yellow and purple flashed on Metatron's screen in a disorienting pattern, halfway blinding all of the monsters. Then Metatron grabbed a dizzy Ginngie by the ears, yanking him so that he fell onto the floor.
"MY LOVE COMPLAINS OF POOR SNOW GOLF SCORES. WELL THAT SCORE SHALL BE ADDED TO MINE, FOR WE ARE ONE. CARES AND TROUBLES CEASE."
Ginngie, though clearly in mortal peril, opens his mouth to speak.
"Actually, golf scores are superior when they are lower, so you shouldn't want to add yours."
"DATA INPUT IGNORED."
Metatron 3.0 swings the bat with super-monstrous force, in a golf club style technique, immediately damaging Ginngie enough to kill him and launching him into the air.

Spoiler: Ginngie Role PM
You are
Politics Bear, a Vanilla Townie

If there's ever an issue "...a skeleton will tell a fish about it." That's politics!

Ginngie's body hurtles through the air. Most monsters see what's happening and dive and duck to stay out of the way. But one monster is staring intently, hyperfocused, at a tangle of wires, metal, and rubber.
Yes. Someone's first impulse, at seeing the danger, was to try to make a new heart as quickly as possible. But not quickly enough.
Ginngie collided with Rakan, bruising Rakan, but more importantly creating a tumble that resulted in Rakan being oriented upside-down, neckfirst. They tumbled through the branches together, but when Rakan landed on the forest floor, all the monsters could hear the neck snap from the weight of a huge bear landing atop a smaller monster.

Spoiler: Rakan role PM
You are
Alphys, a Vanilla Townie

Unafraid to follow her crush..

The monsters are shocked by the losses, but mortal danger is still in front of them, so they widen their stances and prepare to fight. There is no longer any time for hesitation if they wish to survive.

Deadline is in seven days.
(expired on 2019-11-12 23:06:42)
Last edited by popsofctown on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (isolation #55) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The topic has been unlocked.

The living players are:
Elements
mastina
Xayah
Oversoul
Chemist1422
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (isolation #56) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No. The alignment reveal component of neutral route occurred before night even began, in the flavor - the spared players prepared a killer robot together so one spared player was scum.

Today's flavor post was going to hammer the point home but I've gotten busy this evening.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (isolation #57) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

Minimalist VC: 2 voters, mastina and Xayah, are voting for Xayah to be fought.

Overdue flavor first, then a real VC
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (isolation #58) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fight Votecount 4.0
Elements -----

mastina -

Xayah -
(2)
mastina, Xayah

Oversoul ----

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (3) Elements, Oversoul, Chemist1422

Xayah was aghast at the deaths of Ginngie and Rakan. Ginngie, who had always spoken positively and supportively of Xayah's local power. And Rakan, a vulnerable soul that was exactly the person Xayah needed to protect. And if their strengths were reversed, someone Xayah knew would protect her.
"I have lost all my honor. It's my time to go," she said solemnly. She planted her favorite spear in a knot in a tree, and stepped forward until the point lightly poked her chest.
"You said never to watch an episode of Mew Mew: Kissy Cutie without you, Rakan. And this way, I most certainly won't," she said, holding her determined gaze forwards.

(expired on 2019-11-12 23:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (isolation #59) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

post 870
has now been amended to include flavor.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (isolation #60) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Vote tags aren't honored in neutral and genocide.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (isolation #61) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Bandage
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (isolation #62) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Fight Votecount 4.3>
Elements -----

mastina -

Xayah -
(3)
mastina, Xayah, Chemist1422

Oversoul ----

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (2) Elements, Oversoul

Chemist1422 saw Xayah posturing herself in front of a deadly spear. But something about it seemed rather off.
"Xayah, you are wearing armor. If you want to end your own life with that spear, why wouldn't you take it off?"
"Oh, right," Xayah stuttered, stressed about the openness of her association with the killer robot. "The armor's purpose is to protect my xylem so I should jab my neck instead. Then I can die when all the water comes out. The red water."
"You mean blood? What's xylem?"
"It's a type of fish guts, moron. GAH!"
Xayah thrust her neck onto the spear, rupturing it. A mixture of confetti, pink frosting, and water began to flow and cover the spear.
"Guys, I think something's going on here," Chemist1422 mused. He cocked his head right, confused about how nonviolent this "suicide" had seemed just now.
The flotational Chemist1422 kicked the floor and drifted up above the corpse so he could look down on it from a new angle. He saw a zipper he hadn't noticed before, right on the inside of the collar of the armor. He summoned an orb to coalesce around the zipper, and pulled it down until the armor unzipped all the way down the back, revealing mostly emptiness inside. But out tumbled a tiny little flower that fell awkwardly into a crumple.
"Oof." A tiny little plant looked up at Chemist1422, and a growing amount of attention from some rather large monsters. "Um... can you believe that evil fish person ate me and held me captive for years? Thank you for freeing me you guys!!" The flower put on a friendly smile.
Chemist1422 glanced at the intricate system of levers, pulleys, and microphones in the armor. He felt rather skeptical about the kidnapping characterization.
All the monsters had come closer by now. Plus Metatron 3.0, who did not look pleased. "I HAVE BEEN CATFISHED. BY A FISH? SELF REFERENTIAL LOOP ERROR. WEEDING PROTOCOL RECOMMENDED."
Chemist1422 tried to stomp the little liar, but he had a rather difficult time, floating was compulsory for him. But all the monsters of Snowdin and a powerful robot began helping, stamping and stomping until every single petal and leaf was shredded and separate.

Spoiler: Xayah role PM
You are
Flowey, Mafia Goon
You're the brains of this operation, and with the help of Jerry, who is
popsofctown
, you're going to make a havoc friendly utopia in the Underground. Then you're going to betray Jerry and kick him out. This isn't a traitor mechanic. Jerry actually would like to have something to complain about. So it's still his wincon.

This game will secretly have a different evil faction flavor than the last one. It would seem strategically inadvisable to share your hidden knowledge of this.
The scum PT is here: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=80774
The Vanilla Town role PM you would have received is included below, as an appendix.
Please PM me your role, your partner's name, and your understanding that the mafia have daytalk to confirm.

Appendix
You are
Undyne, a Vanilla Townie

Though you've got quite the violent career going, I suspect you could care less about having a fan club, but maybe one day you'll be won over by your admirer

Night will end:
(expired on 2019-11-11 22:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (isolation #63) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

You can get an earlier thread unlock with fast night requests, but it must be unanimous.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The denizens of the treehouse watched Metatron 3.0 seem to freak out about Xayah's death. After helping everyone crush the little leaves and petals to a fine powder, the robot lay prostate and stared at the remains incredulously.
"WHY? WHY SUCH LIES? SUCH DECEIT."
He pounded the trunk of the nearest tree, making a noisy shake that tossed bits of snow on all the surviving denizens of Snowdin.
"I HAVE LOST THE WILL TO LIVE. I AM BUT A COLLECTION OF PIECES, ARRANGED FOR A MEANING, OF A NURSERY RHYME THAT MEANS NOTHING. JUST LIKE THE FISH FLOWER. UNMAKE ME."
The monsters looked around at eachother, then looked at the empty heart-shape on Metatron 3.0. The new attitude didn't seem immediately dangerous, but with no moral compass going forward, the safest choice seemed to be to grant Metatron 3.0's wish.
"mastina, can we count on you to give a heavy cubic object a toss? It will be the last one time we ever ask."
Mastina nods dutifully, and walks to the edge of the platform, holding Metatron 3.0 over her head and looking down at a large rock on the forest floor that will surely shatter Metatron 3.0 to pieces.
But then, suddenly,
someone
makes a quick, bizarre cry in a jerky pattern that seems like Morse code.
Red and black checkered lights all around Metatron 3.0 begin to flash rapidly, and then the robot explodes violently, a crimson mushroom of heat tearing mastina's body into scattered odds and ends.
"mastina!" Chemist1422 cried. He howled in despair, but was too grief-exhausted by now to sob.
He examined the shards of their faithful friend, and somehow, couldn't find any fur among the remains, or any meat. Just, bones. Bones and bones.
A head with a pained smile remained in the middle of them, and looked up at Elements, Oversoul, and Chemist1422.
"Guess explosives were something I should fea - murr!" And mastina made a grin that was so wide it split mastina's skull into two separate pieces that faded away.
Spoiler: mastina role PM
You are
Papyrus
You'd already know what you do if you had read the setup, just like you'd know how to operate the colored squares puzzle machinery if you had read the manual.
If both Fight and Spare have been used, you may target a player on evenly numbered nights to learn if they are town or mafia by PMing me their name. Unless Fight or Spare have been used on you, that keeps you from doing this, for differing reasons.
The Vanilla PM you would have received will be added, as an appendix.

Appendix
You are
Ice Wolf, a Vanilla Townie

Ice Wolf endlessly throws ice cubes into the river to, to keep Hotland from overheating, ostensibly. Have you ever met someone who takes on a thankless job, mastina?

The monsters knew that what they most wanted to do was avenge mastina by killing whoever had activated Metatron 3.0's self destruct with a signal. They all faced eachother to clear away the last threat to the tree house, even if only two would remain alive to enjoy it.

With three alive, it takes two votes to make a decision.
Deadline by: (expired on 2019-11-16 22:06:42)
Last edited by popsofctown on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (isolation #65) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Please remember to use "Hurt" votes and that vote tag votes will not be honored.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (isolation #66) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Flavor has been added. The living playerlist is:
Elements
Oversoul
Chemist1422

Deadline by: (expired on 2019-11-16 22:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Steak in the Shape of Metatron's Face
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (isolation #68) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Stick
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

Tutu
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fight Votecount 5.0
Elements -----
(1)
Oversoul

Oversoul -----
(1)
Elements

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (1) Chemist1422

Oversoul flew up and settled into a bird's nest from which he could look down at the other two monsters. One monster was massive, and the other was scarcely bigger than he was. But he knew what really mattered is which one was evil inside.
"I just wanted this treehouse so we could all be happy! But one of you can't stop killing people! So we have to put an end to this!" He looked back and forth at each of them, trying to suss out which one was innocent, but he felt he couldn't be sure.
Frustrated, he threw a snowball at each of them, hoping that would somehow magically help him decide. Both the monsters dodged easily, because the tiny Oversoul had lobbed the snowballs in a slow, weak arc.
"Okay I am really glad I didn't vote for snowball fights when this all started I guess." he told himself.

(expired on 2019-11-16 22:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (isolation #71) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fight Votecount 5.1
Elements -----
(1)
Oversoul

Oversoul -----
(1)
Elements

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- (1) Chemist1422

Oversoul remembered that all three of the monsters can fly, so staying in the bird's nest isn't actually helpful. He fluttered down from the branch.
He WAS, however, the smallest of the three, and he noticed the window to the toolshed was just his size. He jumped inside, breaking the window with his metal helmet, something he would have felt guilty about if he hadn't seen a complex machine destroyed for the sake of murder just minutes ago.
Once he was a little safer inside, he peeked through the window to stare at the other two, trying his best to decide what to do.

(expired on 2019-11-16 22:06:42)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (isolation #72) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fight Votecount 5.*
Elements -----
(1)
Oversoul

Oversoul -----
(2)
Elements, Chemist1422

Chemist1422 -

Not Fighting:
- Nobody

As Oversoul crawled into the shed, his helmet had bonked against the rim of the window and fallen off. Chemist1422 floated over to the upside-down helmet and examined it. Inside the helmet was a tiny little bucket, which reminded him of Nymph.
"Why does Oversoul have this?" Chemist1422 asked. He lifted it closer to his head with levitation, and faintly smelled licorice. "That's funny too." But most concerning of all was the bits and pieces of flower leaves in the helmet.
"Elements, look at this!"
Elements had an excellent sense of smell, but he was most overwhelmed with passion by the sight of the bucket, a perfect Oversoul-sized version of the Xayah-sized bucket that had been under the holiday tree.
"THIS ENDS!"
Elements didn't need to remove Oversoul from the shed, or leave it in one piece. The tree house had been his filthy idea all along. The true solution was to return to the way they had been living.
He wrapped his body around the shed to grasp it, then flew high up above the trees and dropped it, shattering everything they'd created and Oversoul's body. Chemist1422 watched with impressive fearlessness, silently levitating all the shards of metal and wood that would strike him onto slightly different trajectories.
"It is finally over."
The two went down to the forest floor, and glancing around for the shape of a dead Whimsalot. Then on second thought, they glanced around for the shape of the most unlikeable monster they could possible imagine, and found him.
Spoiler: Oversoul role PM
You are
Jerry, Mafia Goon
Flowey, who is
Xayah
, keeps getting up to things, and you keep tagging along. Like he's the brain and you're Pinky. You whine a lot, but are eager to get away from other monsters that boooooother you. And by staying away to the good monsters, you can gossip about them to Flowey - who never has nice things to say about them.

All of the monsters in the game are good, except Jerry
- obscure Toby Foxx tweet.

This game will secretly have a different evil faction flavor than the last one. It would seem strategically inadvisable to share your hidden knowledge of this.
The scum PT is here:
The Vanilla Town role PM you would have received is included below, as an appendix.
Please PM me your role, your partner's name, and your understanding that the mafia have daytalk to confirm.

Appendix
You are
Whimsalot, a Vanilla Townie

Always fights using inscrutable, unpredictable patterns. Probably is just Asgore disguised in armor, right?

With certainty peace was at hand, the two walked back to their homes in Snowdin. They were sad so many had fallen, but they felt sure their friends were relieved to be avenged.

Town wins Undertale Semi-Open 1.1 - Snowdin Snowdown!
Congratulations to Nymph, Nachomamma8, chennisden, mastina, Chemist1422, Elements, Ginngie, Rakan, and Wisdom!

It was a good effort from Oversoul and Xayah

All players may post in the thread now. Elements and Chemist1422 may post their role PMs if they wish to do so. Xayah and Oversoul may let me know if they'd like to release the mafia PT. The dead PT is here: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=81055&p=11291036#p11291036. The spared PT was already released by virtue of the neutral route conditions
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (isolation #73) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

The first thing I want to say is I feel extremely, extremely bad about posting an incorrect hammer VC. It is a total failure as a mod. At the time of that VC my V/LA had not quite started, but I was more rushed than usual because I wanted to pack, and go to sleep early to decrease the likelihood of missing my flight. That is a terrible nonexcuse.

Since it was a spare hammer and not a lynch hammer, it did not reveal Oversoul's alignment, so it was reversible. Oversoul actually was added to the spare PT, but was removed before he could view it.

The immense bulk of my guilt with the bad VC was that it was borne of interpreting Xayah's spare vote differently, which may have been influenced by knowledge of her alignment. May have - I actually had trouble with Oversoul and Wisdom the whole game, because I have some kind of words-synesthesia I guess. There was at least edit in the preview phase of a day 1 vote count where I had to correct unswapping Wisdom and Oversoul also (because I've played Pokémon enough to identify his avatar as a Whimsicott, and like 6/9 vowel and consonant sounds overlap or somesuch). So maybe I would have made the same mistake with Xayah as town.

No one in the game discussed moderator thought processes. It's possible someone used it to inform their read but refrained from repeating the line of thinking in thread because it is dirty pool, which would be sportsmanlike.

I told myself I would never mod again during the one or two days afterwards, but I've forgiven myself likely more than I should. I only really want to run Mini Themes, though, and coincidentally the faction unfairly harmed by gross negligence was being played by the Mini Theme list mod, so she may very will reject my /ins to the Mini Theme queue, in which case I will take off from modding for at least several months. I apologize to all slots in the game for the mistake again
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #74) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

wow post 1000 pagetop of infinite shame perfecto
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #75) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was immensely confused by the use of the scum-controlled deadline decision to spare mafia.
The correct play was definitely to fight a townie and treat that as the "bonus kill", rather than public cop someone from your own team as a cost to unlock a "bonus kill"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (isolation #76) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1005, popsofctown wrote:I was immensely confused by the use of the scum-controlled deadline decision to spare mafia.
The correct play was definitely to fight a townie and treat that as the "bonus kill", rather than public cop someone from your own team as a cost to unlock a "bonus kill"
That said, I come to this site for mountainous style social deduction games, not games that emphasize mechanics strategy. So the lack of reward for sparing mafia (= getting mafia townread) is a weakness in the setup I'd like to fix. I don't think I can run this neutral route again, it reinforced what I already believed about it : its EV is perfectly fine for both town and scum, but it has an unnatural relationship with the pacifist route and totally flipflops on the significance of the spare area. Nacho emphasized early on in this game that the spare room can be used to protect strong players and guarantee they participate in endgame, but clearly that's not the case if the game goes neutral - the mafia was able to ensure neither Ginngie nor Rakan participate further in the game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (isolation #77) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

"definitely" is a strong word, there's no -proof- fighting is better since either Ginngie or Rakan would have to be permitted to participate in LyLo. But I view having twice as many possible deepwolves as powerful.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (isolation #78) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh, yeah, there's a mod PT. It's not designed for public consumption, it has posts totally edited in over older posts when I know I don't need the old one and stuff that's uncorrected. But I might as well release it.

It doesn't have any sort of "ok N2 X sent me Y" this game is way too mountainous to need that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (isolation #79) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (isolation #80) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1013, the worst wrote:from a design pov the mod pt shld be a very spicy read
Oh yeah there are a bunch of rejected redesigns in the mod PT.
First time I just made the dead players suffer but this time I hid it in the mod PT.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

If I run Undertale again it will be a 2.0 as I don't think I can use this neutral route again. It will go to Double Barrel or something else.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (isolation #82) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I can always read Oversoul as long as I'm the moderator
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (isolation #83) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

chennisden you foster an environment in which scum will be found
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (isolation #84) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I release scum PTs on a unanimous scum consent basis. Xayah has made no postgame comments which probably reflects her site V/LA. I'll send Oversoul a PM if I get a yes from Xayah and still haven't heard from Oversoul yet.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (isolation #85) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

Important postgame comment I meant to make:
I think it was a mistake to change the rules on the neutral route spared PT to "reveal if at least one player is alive". I tried to think it through and thought I thought out all the possibilities and that allowing paraphrasing and revealing the PT would always be paraphrase equivalent, or at least close enough to the extent that a scum would have to fabricate paraphrases. This game showed that I was wrong, Xayah clearly could have said "I'm claiming scum, obviously, so I'm not telling you what's in the spared PT," and that would be that. I was already concerned neutral was townsided, so I definitely wouldn't have added additional town advantages if I didn't think they were irrelevant.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”