SPITFLY - GAME OVER!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

/in
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Malkon05 »

All the hype!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Malkon05 »

I also am best reached via discord. Malkon#9019
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #134 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:28 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Best leader ever.
He rules with benevolence.
This is not a haiku :P
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #149 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 134, Malkon05 wrote:Best leader ever.
This is not a haiku :P
I'm really sad that this was not taken seriously because I thought it was beautiful...

but fine.

Best leader ever.
This is a haiku.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #193 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 192, Gorkington wrote:i volunteer as tribute for the elimination for next round!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #202 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

With 14+ people? That's not going to work for quite awhile lol. I do love jackbox though.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #206 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 203, Gorkington wrote:could do two rounds of something and then a FACE OFF between winners or top 2 of each round
That's true you could :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #223 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I vote "My Anaconda" by Nicki Minaj.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #253 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Malkon05 »

What ani said is correct.

So far as I can tell, you are not the only person alive with two strikes. Gameplay also has 2 strikes if I've done my math correctly. In addition, this rule was not in place last time when Zor had 2 strikes but he clearly got votes. I would just not read too much into this new ruling other than the host needed to for reasons he determined.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #261 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 260, Spangled wrote:You know it's alright, it's okay,
I'll live to see another day,
We can try to understand,
The New York Times' effect on man.
Beautiful 10/10
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #299 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 295, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 293, xofelf wrote:Okay Cheery, if IPS was your next target, say I send him home, who is your next? Are you going to continue doing your own thing(which I admire btw), or are you going to continue just doing what people tell you to do like most of this game has been for a long time now?
I haven't had anybody tell me where to vote since gameplay's elimination. (Which I didn't listen to)
My next vote target would be either DV or Meme, although I'm unlikely to get around to pushing either for immunity.
Who knows I might end up accidentally eliminating someone like I did when I cast my vote against racefan.
Let the record show I don't really have any influence over this decision, however DV can't be your next target since he is immune.

#Malkonout
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #322 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #324 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

duplicate oops [mods feel free to delete I don't seem to be able to do so.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #325 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Oldie but a goodie. Super applicable here.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #330 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Well this is not who I was hoping to have to kill. *had his bloodthirsty eye on one sonuvabitch*

But I’ll take it.

So I suppose to determine who I kill, I guess the most important question for me is: who will you make immune if I save you and why?

This is for both of you.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #331 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In addition I have a second follow up since I know your time is wonky spang:

I can name specific events where Vash has played an incredible game, but I struggle to see what you have done to specifically deserve to be here other than being a perfect “number” for vash and xof. Despite a few attempts to work with you this game you really just didn’t talk much to me and the one time it seemed like you might I had just been voted out and you hadn’t realized it yet so like... what game awareness do you have and what have you done that isn’t just other people telling you what to do?

Jury perception is gonna be huge and you...well...don’t have a lot of time to change it. Why would me saving you make you an interesting person against 5 other people who I can attribute game moves to and wouldn’t vote them over you because you...were there? I’m just trying to figure out how you plan to win and am trying to help you prep for a phase of the game you really don’t yet seem prepped for...view this as a warm up to what jury might be like and use it as an opportunity if you can :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Vash I don’t really have much other than the who you choose to save. I don’t really have any beef with you this game and I think we both mutually understood it was me or you going last round even though we had our “let’s pretend for the 5th time to work together” talk.

If I think of something I’ll ask you.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #336 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Alright then spangled: name me a specific move you made independently or that you specifically drove.

Vash: is there validity to what spangled is saying or is it mostly hot air?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #337 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #339 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:57 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Thanks Vash :) I don’t have further questions for you. My mind is mostly made up at this point, but I still want Spangled to answer my bit about a specific move before I announce my decision.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #341 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Malkon05 »

I asked you to provide me with a specific example of something you’ve done because I genuinely want to know. Until I post a name, I haven’t killed anyone yet.

I have 7 hours to post my choice. If you can name me one move you have made, I want to know :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #342 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Malkon05 »

If not, that’s fine too.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #343 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Malkon05 »

And to be more clear, I want you to just tell me one specific person you got out or a vote you cast that altered something about this game independently of anyone else.

I don’t need your whole game, just one decision you made or vote you cast that was outside of your alliances or that someone else didn’t suggest to you before hand.

Does that help?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #345 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 344, KittyMo wrote:Based on what I have been told it is accurate that he first brought up haschel's name in the elusive 9 chat that round and that was the first in a chain of events leading to haschel's death but whether that makes Haschel dying his move is a more nuanced question
As much as I appreciate this KMO, I want Spangled to tell me in his own words what he did. He has a little under 4 hours to do so. I want Spangled to play his own game, not someone else's.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #346 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Oh Vash! I thought of a question for you: Do you know how the votes broke out last round? I have a suspicion, I just want to be sure <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #347 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

There should just be one outstanding question for spangled and one for vash.

If these aren't responded to with 15 minutes left on the current timer, I will post my decision as to not violate the deadline Radja has given me.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #349 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Vash I meant the round I left >.> LAST round, not THIS round.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #352 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 350, KittyMo wrote:
In post 345, Malkon05 wrote:
In post 344, KittyMo wrote:Based on what I have been told it is accurate that he first brought up haschel's name in the elusive 9 chat that round and that was the first in a chain of events leading to haschel's death but whether that makes Haschel dying his move is a more nuanced question
As much as I appreciate this KMO, I want Spangled to tell me in his own words what he did. He has a little under 4 hours to do so. I want Spangled to play his own game, not someone else's.
I only mentioned it cuz he already did/I'm bored but noted

You know what, he did and I missed it.

Thanks for pointing it out.

@Spangled, sorry I missed that.

Okay great. I have what I need. As soon as I finish this EP of survivor, I'll post my decision.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #353 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

~Malkon's corner~

This is my final moment in the game until jury and I'm gonna make the most of it.

Thank you both for humoring me with my questions. Truth be told, I had my answer after the "who would you make immune" question, but I decided that if I was going to make this decision, it needed to be with purpose and a suggestion. You see, the thing is that because of this tie decision made, I was temporarily brought off of the jury bench and made a player once again. True, I cannot win, however because I cannot win I owe it to the rest of the jury and to myself, as someone who, after this statement, will be on the jury, to play this game and do my best to make this result not a snoozefest for those of us here.

I did not make this decision lightly and I've had 24 hours to play through scenarios of what my choice would do and how it would affect the rest of the game. Bottom line, if you all had put DV in this tie and I had a choice of anyone in this game or DV to kill, I wouldn't have hesitated or asked questions and DV would be going here. But that's not the choice I am here to make and it's not the choice I have been given, so all I had to do was assess the responses given and think through the last three rounds of the game.

I have a couple personal notes before I present my votes and they are...words of someone who is a somewhat bitter jury member currently.

I had a f2 with DV. I made this F2 about round...idk what was it 3 or 4? Something along those lines. We both promised each other we would take each other and that our true alliance was to us and no one else. Unfortunately, because I choose to honor my F2s, which I really should get over at this point because they never work out, I put my blinders on to what was really happening this game and because of this I went down a path that ultimately ended up in me being here. I wholly acknowledge that I had every sign in the world that DV wasn't being honest with me about it and from what I understand everything I told him was basically told to everyone else, so he did not intend to honor that F2. Which is fine! I acknowledge lying is a huge part of this game, and DV told the biggest ones here from my point of view. He will make you feel like the most special person in the world, he will promise that you are the one he is truly with, and he will ask you what you want and then agree with what it is you decide. That is his game and he will do it with a smile on his face. There's always some truth to every lie, so I acknowledge I probably put more stock in this than I should have, that's on me. But if you choose to ally with him, he will have no problems slitting your throat if he feels it's a good game move for him.

I also want to make an apology to Ariel and Meme. I did not intend to go to the end with either of you. In fact, I had a plan, which
I shared with DV
, on how to get to the F2 with him. That involved Vash going at f7, getting Spangled to flip with us at f6 and vote out N, taking out Ariel after having Spangled make column immune and then letting Spangled and Meme duke it out at f4 once DV was immune, but knowing that however it broke down we would stick it to the end. In theory, DV could have gone with this plan and cut me at f4 which I think would be a smarter move, because then he wouldn't have me talking in this position right now...but it's not for me to judge and I will see what DV has to say if he makes the finale. What I do want to say here is that while I valued you as allies, I knew I couldn't beat or would have a harder time beating either of you at the end, which is why I picked DV. Could I beat DV? I don't know. That's one of the flaws in my game. With him being gone at a wedding and generally going along with whatever we said, I thought I had a decent case against him which is why I wanted to go to the F2 with him, however make no mistake, DV has been a great player and made some...probably tough choices, but it's my own fault I'm here and I didn't have any intention of going to the end with either of you, so for that I apologize. It feels gross to have these thoughts and be in my shoes, but I had them and you deserve to know.

Now, onto the main event:

Vash and Spangled...which of you two do I vote to evict and which do I save? There are certainly compelling reasons for me to let Vash finish out his masterful game and watch him slay everyone like the boss that he is. He got me when I thought I had him, and that's the sign of a good game player. Meanwhile, Spangled "talked" to me, but it was never in depth, it generally wasn't to see what I was thinking or feeling...not truly fmpov at least, but maybe he did and I just was too stupid to see it. Do I fault him for having a terrible social game...which from what I understand was intentional at times?

To Spangled: When I asked my questions earlier, it was not in an attempt to judge your character, it was to help you. I want to see you succeed and I want to see you win. My question is going to be one you will hear a lot if I've read this jury correctly. You are going to be judged for your...hive mentality. It wasn't that you weren't in the know, it wasn't that you didn't have a say, it's just that you are perceived as being a number for quite a few people. I, personally, as a future jury member, am going to have a hard time reading the fluff you just gave me. I need to know specific decisions you have made, how you made them, and to what degree you were more than just a number for someone else. You aren't going to win this game with piss poor jury management, or having a story about how you were "part of a group" whatever angle you are trying to sell here. I want stats. I want facts about your specific moves. I want numbers. I want evidence to show you weren't just a tagalong for other people. The fact that I have to dig this hard to get this much out of you is frustrating as a future jury member, and this is how you are going to be perceived if you get to the end at the rate you are going. Start thinking about these things because if you make it, you are going to get hit from every angle. It will be exhausting, you won't like what you see, and you need to be prepared to defend a game that, if you were a jury member, you could honestly give a vote to. Getting to the end of a game isn't about your perspective, it's about the perspective people have and how you can sell them arguments to their perspective to show them that they would feel you are the right person to win. It also means you need to be next to someone who the jury won't respect more or at least someone you can out argue to win against at the end. Start thinking about this...I am certainly not the last person who is going to question you on the subject.

The story you gave me about the 9 person T alliance, and your thing with chemist/xof/ff, that was painfully obvious which is why I made specific moves to counter it at specific times to eliminate your allies. The fact you are here, means you were the least threatening person in that grouping at that time, and on some occasions, just plain lucky. You started to allude to a move you made with your talk about Haschel. That's good! But it's just a scratch on the surface. You have 3 rounds to change the perspective I have of your game and 3 specific people you need to eliminate in order to give yourself the best shot to win. I have one final thought for you in a moment, but first...

To Vash: I want to save you here. I really fucking do. You did me no wrong this game and you had every right to eliminate me when you did. Your board position is incredible, whether you lucked into it or whether you planned it that way, I'm in awe of how you have done this game. However, what is a strength, in the game of spitfly, can ultimately be a weakness, which you, yourself, pointed out to me before I went home. And today we are going to see if that weakness comes back to haunt you. The round I actually considered flipping against Meme, Ariel, and DV was the round you came to me with the proposal. In that round I gave you a ranty speech about not being stupid. You took this to heart. You got smart. You got good at this game, and you called me out on my bullshit on more than one occasion. I now know this was because you had good intel, but quite honestly? Even without that intel you are playing phenomenally. The choice to eliminate you or spangled is not one I wanted to make today, but it's the choice I've been forced to make. So just know I respect you and whole heartedly think you did a damn good job and you should be fucking proud of the game you have played.

With all of these thoughts in mind and thinking about how this is going to affect my future decision, my vote is to eliminate:

Spoiler:
Vash.

I'm truly sorry I have to do this. If you had literally any other spot on the board that wasn't in a row or column with DV, I would have saved you here because I respect the game you played. However, there are only three satisfying conclusions I could see at the end: You vs Meme, You vs Ariel, or Ariel vs Meme. I believe these would be the most exciting conclusions to this game and it would be an epic showdown.

However, you lost yourself for one moment this game, you slipped from being an amazing chessmaster and let your true colors show. Make no mistake, up until this choice, I am a game player, not a jury member. Once I am done here my role in this game is done aside from jury. The fact that you revealed you would keep DV safe confirms my suspicion. Your intent was to hope that DV made your row immune after Spangled left and pick one of Ariel or Meme to kill. Likely Ariel, so that Meme could make you immune. If this happened, then I would be on a losing path to having a dream end game scenario play out and having saved you would be literally stupid. If you had lied to me one final time and said you would be saving Meme here, I would have had to work through the WIFOM to see if that was your true intention and this decision would have been a lot harder. Even if you had planned to make DV immune, the smart thing here would be to lie to me since I am temporarily not on the jury and this is my final choice as a player.

In addition, you've had your chance at wins and although I know you want another one, I'd like to give someone else a chance to win...and with you off the board the game gets a little less "Vash is in the best spot" and a little more even for the remaining players in game. I, as a jury member, will get more pleasure out of watching good gameplay happen, rather than just watching you win your way by having the best spot. I also want it to be known this was NOT to help Ariel or Meme in any specific way as helping them doesn't really do anything for my game since...well my game is irrelevant, so this was done purely to open up the board for others and to give someone else a shot at making the end who hasn't had it before.

My final message to Spangled and then I will peace out: Make no mistake, I want you to do well this game, which is why I took so much time trying to get you to defend your game and the moves you made in it. Please use this to start preparing yourself for end game if you make it.

This is merely a suggestion from me. I am praying you take this second chance in the game and turn around your perception in the next few rounds. Be careful with DV. If he had wanted to go to the end with you, wouldn't going with my plan and then cutting me at f4 and keeping you have been a better option for the both of you? Because then you would be immune and could have killed Meme once and for all and it would have been you and DV at the end, not me or Meme...is this the person you really want in the f4 with you? Someone who is and will clearly cut you if need be and has now shown that he had a plan he could have used to take you to the end and threw it away? Be VERY careful about the choices you make, or it could be you sitting here with me on the jury duped by the same person who duped me.

In addition, think about the line of questioning I gave you. Be confident! You are a player in this game, most likely a good player, and you have just as much right to be here as anyone else. That being said you are going to have to find specific moments you were in charge because jury perception is everything. Own your choices and your gameplay if you make the end. I think you have BEGUN to scratch the surface especially with the Haschel comment and I want you to keep working on this. :)

Simply put: PLAY TO WIN, DON'T PLAY FOR FRIENDS. You are here and get to potentially make it in the end, so don't ever give up the fight. You can do this Spangled <3

This is obviously just meant to help you think through your choice, I do not mean to be snarky or condescending in any way. I hope you make the right choices...unlike me. Good luck with your choices, and I hope I am making the right one here.

Best of luck Spangled, and sorry to Vash, you were just in the right spot at the wrong time.

Good luck to the remaining players with the jury.

#Malkonout
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #355 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 354, Cheery Dog wrote:Someone put way too much effort into that.
How I feel about this game >.<
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #362 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 361, Spangled wrote:Malk, thank you for your speech; it gave me a new perspective on the game, in a way that I hadn’t thought about before; it made me realise I had been playing for friends, not to win. I took it to heart —

But thank you again for your speech; if you had not made it I’d probably still be dead this round
and
be hopeless going into my next LSG.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #379 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I think I know what I am doing here. It feels pretty straightforward to me.

My question is for N:

The ballsiest move made throughout this entire game was Ariel pointing out that Meme shouldn't have gone the round he did. I didn't even realize it but put myself in the spotlight so she didn't have to have the awkward position of doing it herself and then putting herself up for elimination.

Let the record show that Radja would have let the ruling go originally had Ariel not pointed it out herself. In the moment Ariel was faced with losing an ally that had carried her so far throughout this game, she not only pointed out to save him, but then also risked her own elimination to do so. She did so as a calculated risk because she thought there was a good chance Gork would save her, which at the time blew my mind because Gork literally chose to eliminate his ally over eliminating Ariel that round.

IMO this was the moment of the game for me because otherwise Meme was dead to rights and the alliance that the three of us built was dead.

Ariel risked her own neck and the possibility of elimination in a gamble that paid of in the most beautiful way I've ever seen in my 5+ years of playing any of these LSGs.

I could go on and on about the amazing moments socially and strategically I saw from Ariel but my question for you N is...

Do you have...any moment in this game you can claim that tops this move?

If you do, we might have a game on our hands.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #387 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 382, KittyMo wrote:First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for sharing this experience with me. I am somewhat busy this weekend as well. I hope to be able to give you any information needed to help you be satisfied with how you vote.
In post 379, Malkon05 wrote:I think I know what I am doing here. It feels pretty straightforward to me.

My question is for N:

The ballsiest move made throughout this entire game was Ariel pointing out that Meme shouldn't have gone the round he did

[snip]
I need to make it absolutely clear that I did not contest the mod ruling because I thought it would give me a tactical advantage. I absolutely never intended to give any other impression. Please do not consider it as a "game move." I contested the mod ruling entirely because it did not make sense to me. My motivation was to ensure things were fair. Even if I thought it would likely kill me, I would like to think my reaction would have been the same - considering I knew it had the potential to. At the time, I believed racefan and Gork to be aligned as part of Formerfish's group, and I was unsure if that connection would supercede the connection I had with Gork, who I barely discussed strategy with. It was a surprise and relief that he seemed to make the choice easily, because I did have some guilt for being dishonest with Gork and still getting saved.
That's fair, but doesn't take away the fact that without you saying anything the ruling wouldn't have gone through as Gork had killed Meme who made Xof immune before it was ever brought up.

The fact you were willing to do that when no one else was going to point that out is still fairly remarkable in and of itself since you knew that it would come down to a 50/50 death match between you and Gork's ally. I still think it was a ballsy move even if you don't and I am trying to see if N has anything he's done this game that comes close to it.

If he does, my vote might be up in the air. If not, I'm pretty solidified in what I think I'm doing.

You did plenty of other remarkable things this game, that's the one that stood out most to me though as I've NEVER seen anyone do that before and I respect the hell out of you for it.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #389 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

omggggg so cute ahhhhhhhh <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #407 (isolation #35) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 395, xofelf wrote:either way, both of you, what was your favourite moment in this game?
I think I'm going to have to give it to my immunity campaign round in general.

Blah blah blah
This and Meme miraculously surviving were my favorite moments also <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #412 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

@N I didn't want you to specifically compare yourself to Ariel. I'm just trying to figure out if you made any moves that helped shape the course of this game?

If you did I want to know :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #416 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 414, N wrote:a less pithy response now that I've had time to think about it: that just isn't my leadership style. I certainly moved things in a direction that I liked, but it was just a push, rather than a shove. I don't have any big moments eg dv voting you out but there are certainly plenty of examples where my input helped decide eliminations, like me pushing to eliminate those who tried to eliminate me first.
If I learned anything from studying leadership (actually took a few courses on it), I completely agree that there are different styles. That's certainly true that no two people can view something the same way in the same light, and thats okay.

You say you moved things in a direction you liked, can you provide a specific example of someone you did this to?

I mean...targeting someone who tried to eliminate you first isn't like a groundbreaking achievement by survivor standards, though it's certainly...what you should do.

I guess what I'm trying to drive at, is that if I want to vote someone to win, I want to be sure I pick the person who deserves it. If I wanted someone to vote me to win, for example, I'd want to do it because of something I did that altered the course of the game in a significant way.

This is a similar questioning line that I gave Spangled when I was directly talking to him 1 on 1 a few rounds ago.

Just...name me one thing you did that was significant in helping get you a secured place in this F2 and/or shaped the course of the game...

A few examples I can think of off the top of my head:

DV: Voted out his F2
Spangled: Suggested Haschel & tried to flip a vote at f5
Meme: Got the ball rolling on FormerFish
Xofelf: Killed Chamber instead of Chemist
Cheery Dog: Cast the vote on Racefan that got him out

Did you do...anything like the above this game? If so I need to know about it so I can see a perspective I hadn't possibly considered before. I'm very...logical and straightforward when it comes to these jury votes tbh. The more facts I have, the better informed decision I can make :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #423 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Round 5 was freaking clutch.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #437 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Congratulations KittyMo. You definitely deserve this win. Well played.

@N, sorry if I seemed a little...rude during FTC. You were a great ally and I enjoyed getting to know you. You are freaking hilarious <3 Voting for KittyMo wasn't a snub to you and I think you played just fine. Great job on making the end and thank you for never backstabbing me.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”