Jury Voting Philosophies

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Fluminator »

I used to be a passionate F2 supporter, but now after seeing games play out in both, I see the argument for F3 and think both are good.
As Cephrir pointed out the final 3 vote encourages people to not play well or more under the radar. It's just the strongest player remaining getting voted out, usually making for a more lackluster FTC. Very rarely do previous alliances play a part in the F3 vote.

There's the argument that with a F3 FTC, the obvious threat vote gets pushed back to F4 which is kind of true, but there remains much more room to maneuver. And it's usually much more unlikely for a goat situation to pop up where there is one obvious winner. It also makes FTC much more interesting if you're arguing against two opponents and taking into account vote splits and such imo.
Basically, FTC are usually more interesting with a final 3, and it doesn't sacrifice anything super interesting gameplay wise.

The current actual survivor twist where there's now no vote at F4 is getting a little much, and it wasn't necessary to remove the F4 vote. The whole nitty gritty endgame is now essentially squashed - even ignoring the fact that the F5 is essentially "whoever doesn't have an idol is going home".
Spoiler: slight winner spoilers
11 of the last 12 winners had hidden immunity idols or equivalents, most of them needing it or challenge immunity to survive
People in large alliance no longer need to worry about their position in it because odds are it won't ever need to pick down on it.

I always thought the firemaking challenge should be done at F3 instead of F4. That way you still get the adrenaline of seeing the cast dwindle to two, but it's probably the more passionate players that make it through.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Fluminator »

I still like the idea of a 20 player game with a final 19. Everyone has to pander to the one person who got voted out.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 25, Iprobablysuck wrote:
In post 23, Fluminator wrote:I still like the idea of a 20 player game with a final 19. Everyone has to pander to the one person who got voted out.
Basically specvivor 2
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/super_s ... -t112.html
I forgot how good these games were.
Some good spicy drama in it too.

The spec forum was more lit than the actual game tbh.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”