Jury Voting Philosophies

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Klick »

Vote who you want tbh
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Klick »

There was a thread on F2 vs F3 a couple of years back, it had some nice discussion
viewtopic.php?f=120&t=74911

For a long time I've favored F2s, largely because it's a more natural conclusion to the game - why stop voting a round before you can? It also creates a more proper balance between pre-FTC and post-FTC imo - everything that happens before FTC shouldn't only give you a 33% chance of winning (I know that's simplistic, but still).

I don't think F3s discourage playing 'well', though. They just require playing differently. I think F3 Survivor is a different game than F2 Survivor in a sense.

PEdit: I mean as long as you didn't outright mislead the players and just left it ambiguous I don't see why not. I also don't really see
why
though.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by Klick »

But how do you define that merit? What are good plays, what are bad plays? Ultimately, every finalist got to the end in their own way.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Klick »

There are multiple ways to get the jury to vote for you. You as a finalist have influence on who is on the jury. And to that end, there are several right ways to play a game.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”