Micro 898 | Forest Fire | Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

Spoiler:
In post 727, Psyche wrote:
In post 471, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 465, eth0s wrote:yeeeeeeeeeeet
No one is tr your enthusiasm for your blatant attempt at trying to mislynching me. If I wasn’t already sl you, I’d be convinced you had no clue how to scumhunt but then I wouldn’t want to get into trouble for insulting your
intelligence
ability to play mafia properly. :]
In post 476, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Ethos’ spamming up the thread with multiple posts of blatantly faked enthusiasm, really clinches it for me. Out of nowhere, he decides to drive a mislynch on me as a extremely thinly veiled OMGUS. I don’t know whether to be amused or smdh that he seriously thinks everyone has suddenly gotten lobotomies.

But I’ll humour him anyway just for the lulz.

Okay @Ethos, what exactly do you find scummy about my play and be forewarned, I refuse to accept “YEET” as a valid answer.
In post 478, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 463, eth0s wrote:
In post 433, PenguinPower wrote:Your entire ISO is devoid of actually doing anything but trying to seem busy...
(1) Asking questions when the answers are readily available
(2) saying something is important but not really pressing it or doing anything with it ()
(3) voting Psyche but not engaging with him at all
, not really pushing anyone really...even your catchup was a regurgitation of the game state and not really your stances.
(4) What are they by the way?
You said you would be willing to lynch 3 players but didn't actually take the time to say who they were.

And, sorry - why are you voting Psyche again? And, I swear to god, if you say opportunistic in your answer I am going to GIFslap you so hard.
1: Citation needed.

2: are you really suggesting that I had no purpose with that? Or that perhaps the answer given didn't do anything to progress where I was going? Weak point.

3: I really thought the reason I voted pine was pretty self-explanatory

4: what are yours? I remember a readlist with no explanation and some side commentary but.. that's about it

penguin can be scum with pyrrha tbh
I still think you’re scum here fr but I really want to see if any towngames actually exist where you are seriously this bad at mafia. Probably more scum flailing than dumb town but eh?
In post 479, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:viewtopic.php?f=50&t=80259&start=100

Oh Lol, this explains so much. I think I’m townlocking Penguin and never unvoting Ethos until he’s flipped.
In post 485, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Lmao @ Penguin. Okay Banaki, I’ll let it go. It’s just that I find meta really helpful when I haven’t played with someone before.

If Ethos flips town here, I will be legit shocked. Penguin nailed it, he isn’t doing any actual sorting. He acts like he’s invested but his reads are basically empty with very little logical reasoning for pretty much anything.

@Banaki, sure it’s “dumb” and I’m sure he is well aware of it. He is making this out of left field nonsense push on me out of basic desperation to get tr for hard pushing anyone, whether he has any actual reason to do it is apparently besides the point. He’s counting on someone tr him for this, based on just that: it being so unbelievably dumb.
In post 486, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 433, PenguinPower wrote:Your entire ISO is devoid of actually doing anything but trying to seem busy...
(2) saying something is important but not really pressing it or doing anything with it ()
, not really pushing anyone really...even your catchup was a regurgitation of the game state and not really your stances.
You said you would be willing to lynch 3 players but didn't actually take the time to say who they were.

And, sorry - why are you voting Psyche again? And, I swear to god, if you say opportunistic in your answer I am going to GIFslap you so hard.

2: are you really suggesting that I had no purpose with that? Or that perhaps the answer given didn't do anything to progress where I was going? Weak point.

4: what are yours? I remember a readlist with no explanation and some side commentary but.. that's about it

This 100% reads like a scum post. Town rarely reacts this way. Town asks why do you think this? Here is why I did ___. Scum otoh hands just deflects and turns it on the accuser. How dare you express even the mildest suspicion me for my uberscummy play? You obviously have to be scum. If I AtE loud and long enough, maybe you actually might be fooled into actually believe I mean anything that I’m saying.
In post 497, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 487, Dannflor wrote:eth0s, can you expand on why you think Pyrrha is scum?

I’m not really seeing it off that one post you quoted
I would really love to know that too. What is abundantly clear to me is that he views me as both a threat to him and he’s trying to push my mislynch to save himself.

His push on me is 100% a scum push. Not even a single iota of any attempt to correctly sort me or re-evaluate anything. I could post my role pm and he would still find a way to try to convince all of you that you’re colourblind.
A couple things really obvious from these posts:
- Pyrra suggests in 714 that her push of the eth0s lynch was primarily a matter of poe. This is clearly false.
No one
D1 was more confident that eth0s was scum than pyrra. Absolutely no one.

- Pyrra says that she'd be absolutely
shocked
if eth0s ends up flipping town. Does Pyrra's D2 posts provide any evidence of
shock
?? Like, the actual emotion? There's no clue of it at all. Instead, we see the evidence of the exact opposite: a muted reaction in the short term, and increased self-assurance, increased confidence in her grasp of the current gamestate in the long term.

I'm not saying that there should have been some big mea culpa; I can appreciate that my own has seemed awkward and overwrought. What I am saying is that there's no evidence even
implicitly
of the sort of emotional impact you'd expect from the eth0s mislynch given pyrra's D1 iso. This is
in addition to
her clear misrepresentation today of her mindset surrounding eth0s yesterday.

We're left with two possibilities. The first is that Pyrra, along with having a
far
more tenuous grasp of the gamestate than she thinks she has, has a very powerful self-serving bias that leaves her not just to interpret but to
remember
the past in the way that flatters her most. The other is that she's playing a muscular scumgame ITT, performing towniness with all these posts seeming to sort and lynch scum while actually trying to orchestrate mislynches.

In either situation, ego plays a big part in explaining why Pyrra's playing the way she's chosen to - whether she's just that confident in her townplay that she shrugs off any mistakes, or sure enough of herself that she's deigned to play for the center of attention as scum. The personality read is easy. I still don't know a reliable way to convert that into an alliance sort.

Nothing you say here even remotely contradicts a single thing I’ve posted. I said, you, Banaki, Ethos were my POE. None of that has changed/will change - no matter how many times you persist in misrepping me.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 728, Psyche wrote:
In post 724, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 716, Psyche wrote:im gonna make fun of you for these posts later
Those posts sound really weird if you’re town. It’s like you’re almost agreeing with me.
if you're town i recommend a reading course after all this is over
I’d much rather get your “recommendations”, post-game. Watch it btw. Acusing me of having character flaws, etc. is bordering on being reportable. I suggest you don’t go there. :]
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 729, Psyche wrote:pyrra, what ran through your head when you saw eth0s flip town? what will run through your head supposing i do? still gonna stick with the "hard townreads"?
I’m assuming the exact same thing that went through everyone’s heads who was town who mislynched him. I’ll worry about that
when Hell freezes over
if it happens
Spoiler:
which it won’t.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 750, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 727, Psyche wrote:
In post 471, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 465, eth0s wrote:yeeeeeeeeeeet
No one is tr your enthusiasm for your blatant attempt at trying to mislynching me. If I wasn’t already sl you, I’d be convinced you had no clue how to scumhunt but then I wouldn’t want to get into trouble for insulting your
intelligence
ability to play mafia properly. :]
In post 476, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Ethos’ spamming up the thread with multiple posts of blatantly faked enthusiasm, really clinches it for me. Out of nowhere, he decides to drive a mislynch on me as a extremely thinly veiled OMGUS. I don’t know whether to be amused or smdh that he seriously thinks everyone has suddenly gotten lobotomies.

But I’ll humour him anyway just for the lulz.

Okay @Ethos, what exactly do you find scummy about my play and be forewarned, I refuse to accept “YEET” as a valid answer.
In post 478, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:

I still think you’re scum here fr but I really want to see if any towngames actually exist where you are seriously this bad at mafia. Probably more scum flailing than dumb town but eh?
In post 479, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:viewtopic.php?f=50&t=80259&start=100

Oh Lol, this explains so much. I think I’m townlocking Penguin and never unvoting Ethos until he’s flipped.
In post 485, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Lmao @ Penguin. Okay Banaki, I’ll let it go. It’s just that I find meta really helpful when I haven’t played with someone before.

If Ethos flips town here, I will be legit shocked. Penguin nailed it, he isn’t doing any actual sorting. He acts like he’s invested but his reads are basically empty with very little logical reasoning for pretty much anything.

@Banaki, sure it’s “dumb” and I’m sure he is well aware of it. He is making this out of left field nonsense push on me out of basic desperation to get tr for hard pushing anyone, whether he has any actual reason to do it is apparently besides the point. He’s counting on someone tr him for this, based on just that: it being so unbelievably dumb.
In post 486, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:

This 100% reads like a scum post. Town rarely reacts this way. Town asks why do you think this? Here is why I did ___. Scum otoh hands just deflects and turns it on the accuser. How dare you express even the mildest suspicion me for my uberscummy play? You obviously have to be scum. If I AtE loud and long enough, maybe you actually might be fooled into actually believe I mean anything that I’m saying.
In post 497, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 487, Dannflor wrote:eth0s, can you expand on why you think Pyrrha is scum?

I’m not really seeing it off that one post you quoted
I would really love to know that too. What is abundantly clear to me is that he views me as both a threat to him and he’s trying to push my mislynch to save himself.

His push on me is 100% a scum push. Not even a single iota of any attempt to correctly sort me or re-evaluate anything. I could post my role pm and he would still find a way to try to convince all of you that you’re colourblind.
A couple things really obvious from these posts:
- Pyrra suggests in 714 that her push of the eth0s lynch was primarily a matter of poe. This is clearly false.
No one
D1 was more confident that eth0s was scum than pyrra. Absolutely no one.

- Pyrra says that she'd be absolutely
shocked
if eth0s ends up flipping town. Does Pyrra's D2 posts provide any evidence of
shock
?? Like, the actual emotion? There's no clue of it at all. Instead, we see the evidence of the exact opposite: a muted reaction in the short term, and increased self-assurance, increased confidence in her grasp of the current gamestate in the long term.

I'm not saying that there should have been some big mea culpa; I can appreciate that my own has seemed awkward and overwrought. What I am saying is that there's no evidence even
implicitly
of the sort of emotional impact you'd expect from the eth0s mislynch given pyrra's D1 iso. This is
in addition to
her clear misrepresentation today of her mindset surrounding eth0s yesterday.

We're left with two possibilities. The first is that Pyrra, along with having a
far
more tenuous grasp of the gamestate than she thinks she has, has a very powerful self-serving bias that leaves her not just to interpret but to
remember
the past in the way that flatters her most. The other is that she's playing a muscular scumgame ITT, performing towniness with all these posts seeming to sort and lynch scum while actually trying to orchestrate mislynches.

In either situation, ego plays a big part in explaining why Pyrra's playing the way she's chosen to - whether she's just that confident in her townplay that she shrugs off any mistakes, or sure enough of herself that she's deigned to play for the center of attention as scum. The personality read is easy. I still don't know a reliable way to convert that into an alliance sort.
Nothing you say here even remotely contradicts a single thing I’ve posted. I said, you, Banaki, Ethos were my POE. None of that has changed/will change - no matter how many times you persist in misrepping me.
This is not true and I am not actually misrepping. Your posts regarding both eth0s and me go substantially beyond POE to affirmatively aver the presence of high-likelihood scumtells in our isos. I quoted many examples of you doing that right in the post you're responding to.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

I could have been more polite saying so and I apologize, but I think noting your superciliousness ITT is deeply relevant to the possibility of an accurate read on you. Without the personality read, your behavior here is just flat out scummy. Otherwise, it's more ambiguous.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

dont tell me someones pretending nancy can be wolf
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 755, sheepsaysmeep wrote:dont tell me someones
pretending
nancy can be wolf

“Pretending” being the key word here. He is desperately counting on town having gotten lobotomies. He might pretend sr you for defending me next. :lol:
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

Here Psyche, if enough of town overdose on this, there maybe possibly be some bizarro alternate universe, where I can actually be scum here:

Spoiler:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

I think people in these games are always too ready to townread the people making the neat cases and finding the tells, and scumread those who are comparatively inactive or messy. It's a useful bias that helps drive useful content, but when push comes to shove it results in strong townreads that can throw games. Being someone in pyrra's poe and having my role pm, I know by my own poe that at least one of her hard townreads are probably wrong. The kinds of stuff she thinks are scummy just aren't ("bit"??) and there's probably analogous weaknesses in her townreading. She's not the only one in the game w/ her general readlist. The wake-up call ought to come sooner rather than later.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

Ugh. "desperately counting on town having gotten lobotomies"? You're really that sure I'm scum that you'd throw out that bs?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 758, Psyche wrote:I think people in these games are always too ready to townread the people making the neat cases and finding the tells, and scumread those who are comparatively inactive or messy. It's a useful bias that helps drive useful content, but when push comes to shove it results in strong townreads that can throw games. Being someone in pyrra's poe and having my role pm,
I know by my own poe that at least one of her hard townreads are probably wrong.
The kinds of stuff she thinks are scummy just aren't ("bit"??) and there's probably analogous weaknesses in her townreading. She's not the only one in the game w/ her general readlist. The wake-up call ought to come sooner rather than later.
You KNOW but yet my POE is wrong and somehow scummy? :lol: Yer funny.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 759, Psyche wrote:Ugh. "desperately counting on town having gotten lobotomies"? You're really that sure I'm scum that you'd throw out that bs?
Why do you continue to misrep me? :/ You know that isn’t what I said. I said if they think
I’m
scum. The more you continue to twist my words, it just increases my confidence on my being right about that.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 755, sheepsaysmeep wrote:dont tell me someones pretending nancy can be wolf
In post 759, Psyche wrote:Ugh. "desperately counting on town having gotten lobotomies"? You're really that sure I'm scum that you'd throw out that bs?
So apparently neither sheep nor I can read? You really think we literally need buildings to fall on us, to see exactly what you’re doing here? *smdh*
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

Ethos’ spamming up the thread with multiple posts of blatantly faked enthusiasm, really clinches it for me. Out of nowhere, he decides to drive a mislynch on me as a extremely thinly veiled OMGUS. I don’t know whether to be amused or smdh that he seriously thinks everyone has suddenly gotten lobotomies.
you made that exact same lobotomy remark yesterday about eth0s
were completely off the mark
why are you doing this all over again???
it's just bizarre
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

nothing i've said is misrepping
they're literally direct quotes
you're practically gaslighting
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 764, Psyche wrote:nothing i've said is misrepping
Stop insulting mine and sheep’s intelligence here. If there is any “gaslighting” going on here, it’s coming from YOU.

If you continue with this, I will just stop responding to your posts altogether.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 760, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 758, Psyche wrote:I think people in these games are always too ready to townread the people making the neat cases and finding the tells, and scumread those who are comparatively inactive or messy. It's a useful bias that helps drive useful content, but when push comes to shove it results in strong townreads that can throw games. Being someone in pyrra's poe and having my role pm,
I know by my own poe that at least one of her hard townreads are probably wrong.
The kinds of stuff she thinks are scummy just aren't ("bit"??) and there's probably analogous weaknesses in her townreading. She's not the only one in the game w/ her general readlist. The wake-up call ought to come sooner rather than later.
You KNOW but yet my POE is wrong and somehow scummy? :lol: Yer funny.
well yeah of course i know. i can even explain:
you've called me and banakai as the scum team. i know my own role pm. whether i'm town
or
scum, i know for sure whether you're right or not. you're not right. and if we include BS in your scumpool, you're still
probably
not right. but here you are calling me scummy for using the word "bit".
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

psyche

nancy cant wolf

i mean that in the least insulting way possible but as an objective view of her emotions

if she was wolf, these walls would be.. wolfing

and she cant do that
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 765, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 764, Psyche wrote:nothing i've said is misrepping
Stop insulting mine and sheep’s intelligence here. If there is any “gaslighting” going on here, it’s coming from YOU.

If you continue with this, I will just stop responding to your posts altogether.
i want to make clear again that i'm really not trying to insult anyone here

i'm just trying to make a straightforward observation about the conflicts and similarities between your posts yesterday and your posts today

my hope is that it either 1) prompts a bit of introspection on your part about how you make reads before you push another mislynch, or 2) it prompts scrutiny of your weird trajectory from D1 to D2 that helps sort your alliance, or both

all of this is instrumental to these straightforward protown objectives. i don't expect you to agree or care very much if you stop responding to me. but when game is all said and done and everyone knows i'm town, i want it to be clear that i'm trying really hard to stick to my win condition and not just insulting to be insulting.

otoh i'm totally going to make fun of you tomorrow if you do end up getting me lynched. "bit"!
sheepsaysmeep wrote:psyche

nancy cant wolf

i mean that in the least insulting way possible but as an objective view of her emotions

if she was wolf, these walls would be.. wolfing

and she cant do that
so - im not committing to any pyrra scumread atm. but from here it doesn't look like it'd be a particularly labyrintine performance if she were. nothing here seems incongruent with the idea that "nancy can't wolf".
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Regarding Nancy, I wouldn't ever put the same amount of confidence into any of my reads as she does into her reads. As someone who has played with her a few different times though, I can attest that as far as Nancy's meta goes, she tends to be more confident as town and more fence-sitty as scum. I think that dichotomy is what sheepsaysmeep is referring to but I could be wrong. Given her play so far, I don't think it's 100% impossible that she's scum—especially if I give any weight at all to my earlier paranoia—but I find it overall very unlikely.

I don't think I necessarily agree with all of her reads right now nor the confidence she ascribes to them, but that's not really something I can scum read.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 686, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Calling it rn:
Banaki/Psyche is the scumteam
Like, a post like this feels terrible to be on the receiving end of if you're town. But just based on what I know of Nancy as a personality this sort of brazen confidence only tends comes out when she's town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Somewhat unpopular opinion at this point but I think Banakai is town.

In games like this where I've been a consensus town read with little to no push-back—see Merchant's Daughter—the one or two slots that have pushed against that and suspected me have always been town, with scum trying to pocket me. Overall, I find it more likely that scum goes with the consensus town reads particularly the ones they suspect will be leading the game. While it can be a valid scum strategy to go against consensus and get town reads that way, Banakai doesn't strike me as that brazen as a player? That's not based off meta, just my read on him this game. It's not the firmest read just because I find a lot of his reads lacking in substance
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think Psyche is pretty obviously town and I don't understand the case against him if there is one
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Penguin is still town. I think we've had a lot of mind meldingish moments and he's prodded a lot of the same things I've wanted to. His push against eth0s was a town push just due to timing and the way it formed imo
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: sheepsaysmeep