Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1223, Enter wrote:i won't speak out against wolf pup but i wash my hands of the title

i just don't want to keep dann from getting a title - he obviously deserves one- and i can't think of a better one at the moment

also wolf pup isn't that bad

but i still dissolve myself of all responsibility
See, this should be an anti-nom.

“Because they should have a title” is a shitty reason to give a bad title.

Wolf pup is dumb, contrived, and unnecessarily cutesy. I’m hardly innocent in suggesting bad titles (DannWolf is cringeworthy in retrospect) but scraping the bottom of the barrel because we like him is just as bad.

Come on. We can do better, or we can wait and watch until another inspiration strikes us

Antinom wolf pup
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1224, vonflare wrote:wolf pup is meh across the board but apparently we cant agree on a better one so
Ditto for this. This is an antinom without balls (sorry vonflare)

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1225, Pine wrote:
In post 1223, Enter wrote:i won't speak out against wolf pup but i wash my hands of the title

i just don't want to keep dann from getting a title - he obviously deserves one- and i can't think of a better one at the moment

Wolf pup is dumb, contrived, and unnecessarily cutesy. I’m hardly innocent in suggesting bad titles (DannWolf is cringeworthy in retrospect) but scraping the bottom of the barrel because we like him is just as bad.

Come on. We can do better, or we can wait and watch until another inspiration strikes us

Antinom wolf pup
No it’s not, just because you are ignorant of the context doesn’t make it a bad title. Anyone who has played multiple games with Dann would vehemently disagree with you here.

Antinom Pine’s antinom
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

nom Pine's antinom
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

It’s a basic meme to refer to Dann as a deep wolf. It’s also true, that one of his most effective tools in his arsenal as any alignment, is his extreme likeableness, adorableness. and sweetness.

It was one of the many reasons I didn’t want to lynch him in BP for example. Also, he did town it up but you can’t help feeling like a monster when you rightly/or wrongly sr Dann and that is an absolute fact.

That is why “Wolf Pup” is the perfect title for him.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1228, popsofctown wrote:
nom Pine's antinom
2nd
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Enter »

Pine you're a very inspiring person

I appreciate you.

Antinom Wolf Pup
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

No I actually meant "I support Pine's post", not "nom the title Pine was talking about".
It's probably a bad sign if multiple people don't find a title exciting.
I thought it was a cool title idea but I think the people antinomming know Dannflor better than I do and definitely value their input.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

Ftr as somebody who hasn't been part of this situation at all, my first thought is that wolf pup refers to somebody who stands out for being new at scum

It really doesn't give the impression that you would hope
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I mean, I don't actually think Dannflors a super deepwolf player
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 am

Post by the worst »

the more I think the more I align myself with the Tree's post.
sorry dann this is difficult

pedit: he's not always which is kinda part of the joke; I swear he's subject to three times as much deepwolf paranoia while kinda obvtown within meta than he is scumgames in which he's actually endgame scum
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Enter »

Alright, so here's where I'm at on Dann - because we've talked a bit and I feel like I at least somewhat know him, I'd like to share and maybe that will help us come up with a better title for him:

The one game where Dann was actually close to a deep wolf that I remember was No Deadlines mafia, where he replaced in and dropped a reads list that was so good that the only real reason people scum read him was because they thought he must have had help in the scum PT - he didn't. He was then killed a few real life hours later during the night because the SK thought he was too townie. He was scum that game.

In most other games he comes off as scummy often because of the way he poses questions and takes stances - he's not particularly aggressive, he often comes off as if he's sitting on the fence, because he's very quiet about how he feels and thinks. This makes it difficult for players to see where he's coming from or his thoughts, and this makes them think he's either sitting on the fence or waiting and being opportunistic. For this reason he's often considered on people's reads lists as high deep wolf likelihood, especially when players are town reading him.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1234, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean, I don't actually think Dannflors a super deepwolf player
It's a very prominent part of his presence on the site though
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Enter »

Other interesting aspects of dann - he's amiable, young, quiet, nerdy, mature, intelligent, caring, careful, and a relatively solid mafia player

I don't know that any of these things make it easier to find a title for him, but maybe if we just talk about aspects of dannflor that we like we can reach a conclusion more easily?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like Dannflor's scum game mimicks some elements to how someone might approach playing their very first scumgame, without Dann's scumgame being a weak scumgame at all. So I didn't mind that aspect of the title in terms of how well it fits but I think I'm being a little oblivious about how new users are going to view titles, they may not know right away that we don't use titles to shame people, so I think Ank is making a good point.
"Well, I..."
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Maruchan »

I'm of the "we want to title a user so bad we are compromising one title that isnt good enough" camp.

We shouldn't do that. He deserves a title, and hell earn *his* title when someone comes up with it. Until then, I think we should hold off and not push through a *meh* title because he deserves a title.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1217, Cheetory6 wrote:Oh what about puppeteer?
I like this somewhat actually
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1228, popsofctown wrote:
nom Pine's antinom
Pine's Antinom is a terrible title for Dannflor, tbh.
RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean, I don't actually think Dannflors a super deepwolf player
I don't think the title was ever about Dannflor actually being a deepwolf and more about the meme of Dannflor always being called a deepwolf, fwiw. (Agreeing with Enter)
This is a Parachute.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

It started with a game where I was scum with Ank and we kept paranoiaing him as a deepwolf even though every post he made was more obvtown than the last
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Nom Dann for Nina Myers

The og deep wolf
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Nom Pops for Particular

I think this is probably the most accurate title I could think of for Pops. But maybe it’s becaise I have a lot of recent history with her. Whenever I read a Pops post she seems very particular. It isn’t a bad thing and I Hope Pops doesn’t take any of my suggestions as digs because they aren’t imo. Pops knows what she likes and isn’t afraid to tell people they don’t meet that standard. :giggle:

If you can’t have Tiara, take the next best thing yknow
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1227, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1225, Pine wrote:

Antinom wolf pup
No it’s not, just because you are ignorant of the context doesn’t make it a bad title. Anyone who has played multiple games with Dann would vehemently disagree with you here.

Antinom Pine’s antinom
I have played several games with Dann. For Pete's sake, the whole CONTEXT of the title discussion about Dann as a deepwolf was sparked when I drafted him FIRST in Ali vs Pine *specifically* for his talent as a deepwolf.

The title is bad. Making unresearched ad hominem attacks on me doesn't strengthen your side, and it's a key reason a lot of people don't like you very much.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1240, Maruchan wrote:I'm of the "we want to title a user so bad we are compromising one title that isnt good enough" camp.

We shouldn't do that. He deserves a title, and hell earn *his* title when someone comes up with it. Until then, I think we should hold off and not push through a *meh* title because he deserves a title.
Exactly. Dann is dynamic and talented - he will not want for title-worthy anecdotes.
In post 1245, Oversoul wrote:
Nom Pops for Particular

I think this is probably the most accurate title I could think of for Pops. But maybe it’s becaise I have a lot of recent history with her. Whenever I read a Pops post she seems very particular. It isn’t a bad thing and I Hope Pops doesn’t take any of my suggestions as digs because they aren’t imo. Pops knows what she likes and isn’t afraid to tell people they don’t meet that standard. :giggle:

If you can’t have Tiara, take the next best thing yknow
I don't hate this, but I feel like it could use polishing.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah I really don’t like wolf pup for dann its just not the same
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Jingle »

Nom Dann for
Sheep In Deepwolf's Clothing

I think this captures the meme of "Dann always being accused of being a deepwolf" better, captures the cute-n-cuddly "I don't want to lynch Dann, even though he might akshually be scum" vibe I get from his scumplay, and captures the fact that he's basically the sacrificial lamb for which we blame all of the issues with AliPine. (DANNFLOR, WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED ME?)
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Player Titles”