Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:20 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1346, Alisae wrote:don't think about it too hard, you'll get a headache.
I don’t intend to think about it at all, which is why I’m asking you to clarify what you meant.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1348, Alisae wrote:ok nancy
In post 1349, Alisae wrote:whatever makes you sleep at night
Why would speaking the truth cause me to have insomnia?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Alisae »

ok nancy

whatever makes you sleep at night :good:
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

My title nom was based both as a take on the deep wolf meme and RC’s Dann ice cream post. Is there some reason, this is difficult to understand?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1352, Alisae wrote:ok nancy

whatever makes you sleep at night :good:
What I said was the truth and I don’t think I ought to be attacked because my words were misconstrued. I never called anyone “ignorant”. It’s in no way any kind of attack to say X individual was ignorant Of the CONTEXT. I, for example, willingly admit to be myself, ignorant of the context wrt Alisae vs Pine. Because I was not in/didn’t read that particular game.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Alisae »

nancy I don't think coming up with titles is one of your strong suits.
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1355, Alisae wrote:nancy I don't think coming up with titles is one of your strong suits.
A lot of people liked it until they didn’t. I haven’t really a fan of many of your suggestions either, so quid pro quo.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

Mastina is going to have a lot of work to do when she checks the thread again it seems
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Nom Alisae for “the Provocateur”

Serious suggestion
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:43 am

Post by Psyche »

guys it's
titles
we don't need to be cunts over titles
let's be cunts over politics instead at least politics matters
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Please more nice more friendly
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1359, Psyche wrote:guys it's
titles
we don't need to be cunts over titles
let's be cunts over politics instead at least politics matters
Blasphemy! How can you say polictics > titles? :o
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:02 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1360, popsofctown wrote:Please more nice more friendly
I'd like to nominate popsofctown for:
BAD PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shit
! AWFUL
FUCK Yo!
!HHAHSH
AHHH
HHHHHHH I AM MAD THAT HER POSTS
EXIST

idk if that's too long? would appreciate a second opinion
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

Needs to be at least 3x longer tbh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1363, Ankamius wrote:Needs to be at least 3x longer tbh
And in way more colours and font styles.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:27 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

her username starts with pop
when I'm angry my veins pop
I feel like this should be explored
To be clear: quack
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Errantparabola »

i don't know if this has been discussed but i think the aesthetics of the title need to be brought into account

Dannflor

Deepwolf

look at how stylish that is
it rolls excellently off the tongue / eyes
for this reason it is my top choice
In post 1281, Alisae wrote:I also think
Is this a deepwolf?
is also fitting for Dann if you literally do not want to go with The Deepwolf route, since a lot of that meme about the question "Is Dann the deepwolf" when he's was not.
e.this is okay . : ]

sheep in deepwolf's clothing is my least favorite
disclaimer i hardly know dannflor
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 am

Post by mastina »

Guys.
Guys.
GUYS.
WHAT DID I JUST ASK FROM YOU, LESS THAN 24 HOURS AGO.
I am on my phone for the next 12 hours. I can't properly moderate the topic on my phone with the necessary level of care, so since you APPARENTLY need active moderation, which I can't give for 12 hours, I'm taking the nuclear option of locking the thread until I can properly oversee this discussion.

I asked for ONE thing from you; it wasn't that hard dammit.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1263, Psyche wrote:u can ban people!
i sent zoraster a video!
In post 1265, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1263, Psyche wrote:u can ban people!
i sent zoraster a video!
Can Confirm. Have been fairy banned before XD
Yeah the funny thing about that is.
When I was new to being a title fairy, the option to ban someone was exactly where it was supposed to be--I saw it there as a big shiny button which I was obviously hoping to never need to push.

Except, when I checked back a few months later and every time since then...it's not there anymore.

Specifically. Per the video, what I SHOULD see is this:
What I ACTUALLY see is this:
I BELIEVE that, yes, I SHOULD have the power to ban someone from the title fairy subforum, that I am SUPPOSED to have that power, but in spite of my having SUPPOSED to have it, I currently lack it.
(I mean, I could always be mistaken and the power isn't meant to be mine even if it was the power of previous fairies. Site policy can change, that could be a site policy change, I haven't asked yet.)

So, regardless of whether I am meant to have the power to ban people from this subforum and regardless of previous title fairies' abilities to do so, fact is, I can't.

In lieu of this, I'll have to make do with making a request to zoraster for the bans.
Speaking of which, yes, we need some.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by mastina »

Alright, I'm going to begin this with a blanket statement:
Someone else being an asshole does
NOT
give you the right to be an asshole. Being an asshole to someone you think has been an asshole just makes YOU an asshole. Someone being an asshole to you doesn't magically mean you're suddenly not an asshole yourself; if you're an asshole and someone in response to you is an asshole, you're
still
an asshole.

Being an asshole, regardless of whether you were an asshole first or second, means you lose any high ground, any sympathy, you could have had. It doesn't matter if you think you were in the right. Being an asshole is NEVER the appropriate response and never something you have the privilege of being. Less than 24 hours before I locked the thread, I made a simple request, a blanket warning to follow some simple guidelines:
In post 1256, mastina wrote:1: Yo, general reminder to be nice.
Pretty sure that I don't actually have the ability to ban anyone from this subforum, but please conduct yourselves in a way where I wouldn't need to. Respect others, don't demand that you be respected, be polite, respect that others have opinions which you disagree with, and if you feel strongly enough, voice politely why you disagree, once, then move on. Don't keep spamming your stance.
I will not be requesting a ban on anyone who posted what they did before this warning. I WILL be requesting action on those who posted AFTER it and IGNORED it.

Alisae
, I asked people to state their opinion once, then move on, and not to spam your stance--you went on to spam your stance, repeatedly, in spite of my warning. I asked you to be polite, but the myriad of posts like this (there's far more than just that one) were most decidedly not. They were toxic. While you may have raised some valid points about Nancy Drew 39 (see below), the way you went about it was Not Okay.

Speaking of
Nancy Drew 39
, a good 80% of what I said that post was addressed to YOU, Nancy:
I asked for you to not demand that you be respected--and then you went and did precisely what I told you not to do. As I said before: thinking someone is being a dick to you does not give you the right to act like a dick. Your actions were just as disrespectful, if not MORESO, than the actions you thought were disrespectful towards you, and were very much Not Okay. Your posts also gave me the kneejerk first impression of you spamming your stance as well. (Looking at them again, I'm not as sure, but it's borderline at the very least.)

I'm going to request a
2 week ban
from the subforum for Alisae and a
1 week ban
for Nancy Drew.
These are the only two that I as a title fairy deem ban-worthy (though again, I guess it's not even my final call since I don't have the power to follow through on this and can only request it), but I am going to make a generic blanket warning to be more explicit here.

If you can't be nice and avoid toxicity when it comes to discussing Dannflor's title, then I'll implement a blanket ban on titling Dannflor for a rather significant amount of time (say, six months).

I really really REALLY don't want to do that--that'd be patently unfair to Dannflor. It'd be punishing him for something that's not his fault, when he did no wrong. He doesn't deserve to have the chance at a title taken from him when the reason it'd be taken from him is the general community's actions.

But I mean.
We've gone seven whole months with virtually zero toxicity here. There's been occasional bits here and there, but nothing this bad. If we are civil and nice when it comes to discussing literally every other proposed title, but suddenly devolve into a toxic cesspool when it comes to titling Dannflor, then there is APPARENTLY a problem specific to titling Dannflor--and if bans aren't enough of a dissuasion from that toxicity, then I don't see any other choice.

Nobody wants to stop Dannflor from getting a title. I don't. You don't. So be nice, be civil, be polite. This is not the place to discuss the requested bans. Of "but this user should be banned too!", of "but this ban is too long!", of "but this ban is too short!", of unequal punishment or any of that sort. Drop. It. Drop it all. This is for discussing titles. And it should be discussion. Not toxic comments, not spam, not unhelpful, unproductive, commentary, repeating the same thing, digging at other users who have stances differing from your own.

That really shouldn't be hard to do.
So I'm unlocking the topic.
Be. nice. Don't be an asshole.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by mastina »

ON THAT NOTE:

Title fairy feedback on titles:
In post 1269, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1241, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1217, Cheetory6 wrote:Oh what about puppeteer?
I like this somewhat actually
Make it pup-peteer and I think I’m down
Neither puppeteer nor pup-peteer invoke imagery of Dannflor for me. This feels like it's taking an idea we already decided wasn't the best (wolf pup), and then taking the worst part of it and putting it into an amalgamation which is even worse at explaining the connotations behind it. I don't get the meme surrounding Dannflor from the title and I don't see how it fits Dannflor.
In post 1272, Alisae wrote:no, "The Deepwolf" and "deepwolf" are not the same thing.
I agree they are not the same thing!

I disagree that The Deepwolf invokes imagery of Dannflor!

The Deepwolf may not be literally identical to just Deepwolf, but it still runs into the same problem. It IS still generic. It's LESS generic, but it's still generic. The Deepwolf does no better at invoking the imagery of Dannflor than just Deepwolf. So it's still not something I am going to approve as a title for him because it is still something which is too generic.

Since the topic was brought up, to compare it to Alisae's lolbalance: as far as I am aware, the term lolbalance pretty much was nonexistent before Alisae started modding games, and pretty much nonexistent after Alisae
stopped
modding games; anecdotally, that is fairly strong evidence that the term was strongly associated with em. The term lolbalance invokes imagery of Alisae's modding, and Alisae's modding invokes imagery of lolbalance--it is a term that Alisae OWNS.

Dannflor does not own The Deepwolf. This is more or less my opinion on the matter as well.
In post 1281, Alisae wrote:I also think
Is this a deepwolf?
is also fitting for Dann if you literally do not want to go with The Deepwolf route, since a lot of that meme about the question "Is Dann the deepwolf" when he's was not.
This is something which I would like more discussion about tho! This is a title I feel has potential.
In post 1319, Enter wrote:deepwolf?
And this is also a title I could get behind.

Yes, really--just the addition of the question mark changes the connotation to me. It invokes the question of "is this what they actually are?", in a way that I feel like is suitable for a title. It'd be akin to a title like "Obvtown?" instead of a title like Obvtown. The latter is not a good title, the former I'd be willing to at the very least entertain if I thought it appropriate for the scummer it was nominated for. (In that case, probably wouldn't go through because I can't think of a scummer who'd own the identity of it, but it COULD go through, with the right identity, is what I'm getting at.)

Or 'Townie?' going through instead of just Townie, 'Scum?' going through instead of just 'Scum'. The question mark tells a story in of itself. "Deepwolf?" is something which I DO think is something that is more or less, the Dannflor meme in a nutshell.

So at the very least, I want to entertain the idea and get feedback on the idea.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Jingle »

It's very important to me that we all recognize that I'm mastina's top friend.
In post 1281, Alisae wrote:Is this a Deepwolf?
Nth. My only reservation applies to my suggestion too (it's a little wordy). I feel it does capture all of the nuance of the meme in the same way.
In post 1366, Errantparabola wrote:i don't know if this has been discussed but i think the aesthetics of the title need to be brought into account

Dannflor
Deepwolf

look at how stylish that is
it rolls excellently off the tongue / eyes
for this reason it is my top choice
I mean... Mastina said no. This is like Meme Police for Elbirn, where we're just beating a dead horse. No matter how much some people like the title, mastina has valid reservations and ultimately it is her decision.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1065, Oversoul wrote:This is too far outside the actual reason for Dann’s Title. People call him a Deepwolf because they are paranoid. It just turns out he won a game because he was a Deepwolf. He’s like Schrodinger’s Deepwolf.
I noticed this, looking back, but I don't think we ever discussed Schrodinger's Deepwolf. And I think it at least merits discussion.
This is a Parachute.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

nth Is this a deepwolf?

nth Deepwolf?

I'm torn between this title and Deepwolf? to be honest. I like the first one better imo.

pedit: I agree that
Schrödinger's Deepwolf
merits discussion.
time will end
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I still prefer the one word version but arguments from mastina and Jingle were persuasive enough I have changed my stance to an nth on the meme version.

See sometimes people can change their minds.
And it is mostly from people presenting their opinion for the first time.
Not from restatements.

pedit
I am ninja'ed
I nth Schrodinger's Deepwolf over all other versions
Because it has a cuddliness reference, a deepwolf reference, and an uncertainty reference, and those are like all the things I want out of the title.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Player Titles”